- Item #: i_350007Bottle Size: 750mlNicolas represents the fifth generation of his family in Volnay. The viticulture of the domaine is inspired by biodynamics, but Nico is pragmatic, and although no weedkillers are used and the vineyards are maintained by ploughing, he says that there are both good and bad things in biodynamics, and he will use conventional fungicides to combat disease. Nicolas makes deeply-coloured, flavourful wines. Purple bright and with defined juicy fruit and very good body. Just racked, so hard to taste, but looks excellent
- Item #: i_325121Bottle Size: 750MLAn intense, pure, authentic champagne not only made exclusively from Pinot Noir but also undosed and therefore drier and more restrained. Ideal as an aperitif or served with seafood, smoked salmon and goat cheese-based hors d’oeuvres, for example.
- Item #: i_352750Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Givry 1er Cru Crausot is a more gourmand expression of Givry, wafting from the glass with notions of ripe red fruits, fruit compote and licorice. On the palate, it's medium-bodied, velvety and ample, its fine tannins cloaked in juicy fruit. It will be hard to resist in its youth."
- Item #: i_334109Bottle Size: 750MLThe Gouges family has been vineyard proprietors in Nuits for generations and proprietors of the current domaine since 1919. Domaine Henri Gouges Bourgogne Rouge has a great color and a lovely Pinot nose. Very fresh and earthy on the palate, supple with roasted nut elements.
Allen Meadows - Burghound - "A fresh, cool and distinctly earthy array of red and dark currant precedes punch and sleek middle weight flavors that offer fine length. This is less rustic than it usually is and it's worth considering."
- Item #: i_352802Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 92 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 92 POINTS - "In this crisp wine, acidity and tannins come together in a juicy mélange that has good potential. Red fruits are developing well, holding promise for the long-term. Drink from 2022."
- Item #: i_377045Bottle Size: 750MLVINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS-"The NV Brut Oeil de Perdrix is floral, resonant and super-expressive, the Oeil de Perdrix has so much to offer. The interplay of aromatic top notes and Bouzy richness makes for a compelling, open-knit Champagne that is an absolutely joy to taste. This is such a gorgeous and totally distinctive Champagne. I would prefer to give it at least a few more months in bottle, as it is a bit tight today, especially on the finish." Disgorged May 2019.
The orange-pink color of this “eye of the partridge” Pinot Noir-based wine historically was the hue of most Champagne made in Bouzy in the nineteenth century. (The wine’s singular hue is like the color of a partridge’s eye.) Pinot Noir grapes are macerated briefly to extract color then pressed. Pink roses, lavender, wild strawberry and pomegranate. Dosage under 6 grams/L.
- Item #: i_377422Bottle Size: 750mlNathalie Falmet is one of few women in Champagne to hold the title of both vigneron and oenologist, and she fulfills both roles in her small family domaine in Rouvres-les-Vignes in the Côtes des Bar. After studying chemistry at Paris XI and earning diplomas in both viticulture and oenology, Nathalie inherited and began farming 50% of the vines planted by her parents, vines where she walked and worked alongside her father as early as eight years old.
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS-"The NV Brut is made of 50% Pinot Noir, 30% Chardonnay (both 2011) and 20% Reserve (from a Soléra started in 2009). Its refined aromas of bright fruits migrate to a very light and delicate first palate. This Champagne is dry (dosage: seven grams per liter) and firmly structured, but really fine and elegant, and provided with a good length and subtle mineral flavors.
- Item #: i_353130Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Well-structured, juicy and bursting with energy, showing cherry, raspberry and spice flavors, with stony, chalky notes. Though this red is firm, the lively acidity drives the long, mouthwatering finish."
- Item #: i_311204Bottle Size: 750mlBrothers Bertrand and Denis Chevillon are the fifth generation managers of this property in Nuits- Saint-Georges, which means they work the vines and make the wines. Their father Robert, for whom the domaine is named, is still active as well. Both brothers bring passion, experience, a tireless work ethic, and intensity to their work at the domaine. Tasting through their palate of Nuits- Saint-Georges is a venerable tour of the appellation. Their Passetoutgrain, a blend of Pinot and Gamay, is a worthy introduction and their rare (two barrels made) Nuits-Saint-Georges Blanc made from the “Pinot Gouges” is an exotic treasure that ages just as long as the domaine’s fabled reds. And their Bourgogne Aligoté, Bourgogne Chardonnay and Bourgogne Rouge are grown and vinified with the same care as their premier crus. It shows.
- Item #: i_345854Bottle Size: 750MLSylvain Pataille is one of the new breed of winemakers who first achieved the highest level of technical training before beginning to craft his own wines. A highly-regarded consulting oenologist, who still advises over 15 Burgundy domaines, Pataille has in very short order built up (mostly en fermage) a domaine of some 15 hectares, all in Marsannay, the northernmost, and most recent (1987) AOC of the Côte de Nuits.
Domaine Pataille is farmed organically — in transition to completely biodynamic wine production. Accordingly, there are no chemical herbicides, pesticides, or fertilizers; and only natural yeasts, no enzymes, are used. The fermentation, partially in fiberglass and partially in stainless steel, is relatively short — usually only 10-12 days — with temperatures held to a maximum of around 32°C. The wines are then racked into oak barriques (1/3 new) and then aged for up to 24 months (18 on average) before bottling.
- Item #: i_353546Bottle Size: 750mlThis is a Pinot Noir that will shine with food. The wine has enough power and structure to pair wonderful with heavier dishes such as roasts and stews. Try it and you will be amazed by the juicy, delicious flavors this wine brings to your dinner.
- Item #: i_352623Bottle Size: 750mlThe Pinards have been passing down winemaking techniques for generations, with the goal of always creating the most precise, pure, and fine wines possible. While many wineries are reverting to these natural winemaking practices, the Pinards have been implementing these methods for hundreds of years on their 17 hectares. They do everything as naturally as possible; intervene as little as feasible, limit yields, harvest by hand, and do not use herbicides, insecticides or anti-rot treatments. They believe that if the fruit is healthy, there is no need to use artificial products during the vinification process. With every vintage, the Pinards want to continue to improve the quality of their wines.