- Item #: i_345448Bottle Size: 750MLBIODYNAMIC
Fermentation and aging is identical to the Fortune and Digoine except the wine stays in tank for 14-17 days during fermentation In general, this style of fermentation depends exclusively on the quality of the grapes that enters the cellar. The balance and vibrancy in these wines comes from the quality of the grapes, the level of maturity, their cleanliness, and the quality of the skin. If everything is in balance, the wines will express their village of origin to reveal their native terroir.
- Item #: i_353489Bottle Size: 750mlThis comes from four parcels and sees no new oak. It`s bottled early to retain fruit and freshness. This has good concentration and a darker colour. It shows blueberry fruit - something I`ve noticed on a few Grands Crus elsewhere - and it`s delicious.
- Item #: i_353488Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "Wafting from the glass with notes of rich dark fruits, baking chocolate, peonies, orange rind and rose, the 2018 Ladoix Les Briquottes is medium to full-bodied, with a pretty core of exquisitely perfumed fruit, powdery structuring tannins and a long, chalky and aromatic finish."
- Item #: i_322644Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 93JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "This is always beautiful with dried strawberries, flowers and hints of rosebush. Medium-to full-bodied with a round yet poignant tannin background and fresh acidity. Lively Mercurey. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_325121Bottle Size: 750MLAn intense, pure, authentic champagne not only made exclusively from Pinot Noir but also undosed and therefore drier and more restrained. Ideal as an aperitif or served with seafood, smoked salmon and goat cheese-based hors d’oeuvres, for example.
- Item #: i_353707Bottle Size: 750mlLocated in the Leully area above Nuits, lieu-dit le Champ des Allouettes, south-facing hillside, mostly limestone soil.
100% de-stemmed, 18-21 days indigenous yeast fermentation in stainless steel tanks with mostly pump-overs (punch-downs at end of fermentation). Aged for 16 months in barrel (33% new oak)
- Item #: i_334109Bottle Size: 750MLThe Gouges family has been vineyard proprietors in Nuits for generations and proprietors of the current domaine since 1919. Domaine Henri Gouges Bourgogne Rouge has a great color and a lovely Pinot nose. Very fresh and earthy on the palate, supple with roasted nut elements.
Allen Meadows - Burghound - "A fresh, cool and distinctly earthy array of red and dark currant precedes punch and sleek middle weight flavors that offer fine length. This is less rustic than it usually is and it's worth considering."
- Item #: i_377045Bottle Size: 750MLVINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS-"The NV Brut Oeil de Perdrix is floral, resonant and super-expressive, the Oeil de Perdrix has so much to offer. The interplay of aromatic top notes and Bouzy richness makes for a compelling, open-knit Champagne that is an absolutely joy to taste. This is such a gorgeous and totally distinctive Champagne. I would prefer to give it at least a few more months in bottle, as it is a bit tight today, especially on the finish." Disgorged May 2019.
The orange-pink color of this “eye of the partridge” Pinot Noir-based wine historically was the hue of most Champagne made in Bouzy in the nineteenth century. (The wine’s singular hue is like the color of a partridge’s eye.) Pinot Noir grapes are macerated briefly to extract color then pressed. Pink roses, lavender, wild strawberry and pomegranate. Dosage under 6 grams/L.
- Item #: i_377422Bottle Size: 750mlNathalie Falmet is one of few women in Champagne to hold the title of both vigneron and oenologist, and she fulfills both roles in her small family domaine in Rouvres-les-Vignes in the Côtes des Bar. After studying chemistry at Paris XI and earning diplomas in both viticulture and oenology, Nathalie inherited and began farming 50% of the vines planted by her parents, vines where she walked and worked alongside her father as early as eight years old.
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS-"The NV Brut is made of 50% Pinot Noir, 30% Chardonnay (both 2011) and 20% Reserve (from a Soléra started in 2009). Its refined aromas of bright fruits migrate to a very light and delicate first palate. This Champagne is dry (dosage: seven grams per liter) and firmly structured, but really fine and elegant, and provided with a good length and subtle mineral flavors.
- Item #: i_311204Bottle Size: 750mlBrothers Bertrand and Denis Chevillon are the fifth generation managers of this property in Nuits- Saint-Georges, which means they work the vines and make the wines. Their father Robert, for whom the domaine is named, is still active as well. Both brothers bring passion, experience, a tireless work ethic, and intensity to their work at the domaine. Tasting through their palate of Nuits- Saint-Georges is a venerable tour of the appellation. Their Passetoutgrain, a blend of Pinot and Gamay, is a worthy introduction and their rare (two barrels made) Nuits-Saint-Georges Blanc made from the “Pinot Gouges” is an exotic treasure that ages just as long as the domaine’s fabled reds. And their Bourgogne Aligoté, Bourgogne Chardonnay and Bourgogne Rouge are grown and vinified with the same care as their premier crus. It shows.
- Item #: i_352564Bottle Size: 750mlPaul-Henri Thillardon started this domaine in Chénas back in 2008, and has built it up piece by piece. They are based in Chessignol and have 4 hectares here, with very old vineyards behind the domaine (80-100 year old vines). This was the first of their vineyards he took to biodynamics, which he started with when he acquired it in 2012. In 2014 Paul-Henri was joined full time by his brother Charles (who is in his early 20s; he began his career with a milk company), and now all their vines are farmed this way. In total they work 12 hectares of vines.
- Item #: i_353546Bottle Size: 750mlThis is a Pinot Noir that will shine with food. The wine has enough power and structure to pair wonderful with heavier dishes such as roasts and stews. Try it and you will be amazed by the juicy, delicious flavors this wine brings to your dinner.
- Item #: i_333722Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Wine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Pretty aromas and flavors of cherry jam, raspberry, violet and earth are backed by dusty tannins in this red, which is focused, if dominated by the tannins for now. Fine length. Drink now through 2027.'
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Chorey-lès-Beaune Village is blended with the fruit from La Pièce du Chapitre this year due to a lack of quantity. It has a ravishing, forward and expressive bouquet with plenty of raspberry coulis and blueberry notes, very pure and nicely defined. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannins. There is a fine bead of acidity, almost candied toward the finish with veins of orange zest and spice lingering in the mouth. This comes highly recommended."