- Item #: i_367999Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93Burghound: 90The cellars of Champagne Guy Larmandier are located in the village of Vertus at the southern base of the Cote des Blancs. This estate owns 9 hectares of vineyards, all located within the Cote des Blancs and distributed amongst the Grand Cru rated villages of Chouilly and Cramant and the 1er Cru rated vineyards of Vertus and Cuis.
Harvest is conducted manually, the Champagnes are aged a minimum of 36 months on the lees and the Champagnes destined for the US market are disgorged on order and receive a minimal dosage so as to emphasize the purity and finesse of this special terroir.
- Item #: i_375687Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90A very light straw yellow color with lots of bubbles. The nose has light fresh bread, green apple, and a hint of orange. weet and succulent on the palate. Juicy apple. Creamy and warm. As it warms, it has an orange citrus feeling on the midrange. This stuff rocks.
- Item #: i_378654Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS-"The latest release of Lassaigne's NV Extra Brut Blanc de Blancs Les Vignes de Montgueux is a blend of the 2016, 2015 and 2014 vintages, and is disgorged à la volée without dosage. Offering up a lively bouquet of green apples, freshly baked bread, white peach and pastry cream, it's medium to full-bodied, taut and racy, with a lively spine of acidity, lovely purity and a long, searingly chalky finish. Lassaigne characterizes this as his "apéro" cuvée—modestly, as this makes for a decidedly serious apéritif."
Jacques Lassaigne is a 4.7-hectare family vineyard located in Montgueux. The vineyards boast prime southeastern exposure and consist entirely of Chardonnay. The Montgueux vineyard sites were originally held for the Montrachet of Champagne and are located near the gates of Troyes—the former capital of Champagne. This area is technically part of the Aube department, but is much further north than what people typically think of as the Aube, in the Cote des bars which features wines often primarily made from Pinot Meunier. The terroir in Montgueux is nearly identical to the growing sites found further north in le Mesnil, as they share the same limestone vein —this is exceptional terroir for making great champagne. An intense backbone of acidity is often present in these wines, but since it is located further south than the storied Cotes des blancs, ripening is not as much of an issue. The non-vintage Blanc de Blancs is a blend of nine different vineyard sites & two successive vintages.
- Item #: i_378777Bottle Size: 750mlHere is a regal mix of organically farmed Chardonnay from Cramant, Le Mesnil-Sur-Oger, Chouilly, Oiry, and Oger : five villages on the famous Côtes des Blancs with Grand Cru Classé status among the elite 17 (out of all of Champagne's 300 plus crus) that enjoy this distinction These are the fab five crus among which the firm's 20 acres of vines are distributed. The result here is a wine of finesse and precision with fresh, slightly saline flavors, that truly reflect the characteristics of its hallowed terrrior. In the glass the taster is treated to a silky, integrated effervescence that sets off a delightful, resonant play of lemon tinged Granny Smith apples, ruby red grapefruit, and blanched almonds. Here then is a pedigreed Blanc de Blanc that is sure to please the avid Champagne purist with a price that pleases as well.
- Item #: i_376943Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTES-"Alphaël, angel of knowledge and light, embodies the pure expression of our Chardonnay Grand Cru: fresh and well balanced, with notes of citrus fruit. With its pale, golden aspect, and glints of emerald, it shimmers with a fine effervescence. The first nose, subtle and elegant, unveils notes of candied quince and a rich mineral essence. It then opens out into flavors of fresh fruit, such as peach, and light notes of orange zest. In the mouth, white flowers lead into the slightly roasted and gingerbread undertone of the finish."
Champagne Philippe Glavier is located in the Grand Cru village of Cramant in the Côte des Blancs. Philippe is a RM (Grower) who founded his winery in 1995 with 3 hectares of Grand Cru vineyards and married Véronique in 2000 who bought with her 1.4 hectares from her families' holdings from Grand Cru Côte des Blancs as well. With many small holdings spread over 47 different plots, this idea for the Gräce d'Alphael Non Vintage cuvée with the idea that these small plots will be picked at optimal maturity at harvest and separate microvinification to offer the possibility to make a single aromatic expression of Chardonnay, for each cuvée.