- Item #: i_353121Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine la Barroche is a family estate that has been passed down from one generation to the next since the 14th century. Julien’s father, Christian Barrot, is passionate about viticulture and has taken meticulous care of the family’s 12.5 hectare of vines since the early 1970’s. Until Julien joined his father back in 2002, all of the wine had been sold in bulk to negociants. Now, half of the Grenache vines are more than 100 years-old and are some of the oldest found in Chateauneuf-du-Pape. Julien has moved to completely organic viticulture (not certified) and his father is still following his passion and continues to work in the vineyards. Taking all of his father’s work to the next level, Julien is now vinifying each grape variety and some parcels separately, studying and learning his holdings parcel by parcel.
The 2017 Domaine La Barroche Chateauneuf-du-Pape offers a singular wine personality, a delicate alchemy of spices and well-ripened black fruits, a delight for the senses.
- Item #: i_353489Bottle Size: 750mlThis comes from four parcels and sees no new oak. It`s bottled early to retain fruit and freshness. This has good concentration and a darker colour. It shows blueberry fruit - something I`ve noticed on a few Grands Crus elsewhere - and it`s delicious.
- Item #: i_352910Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95James Suckling: 95JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "Yum. Wonderful aromas of crushed berries, wet earth, sweet tobacco and fresh leather. Full body. Very tight, pinpointed palate with depth and length, too. The precision and balance is exceptional here."
VINOUS 95 POINTS - "The 2017 Rouget is a total knockout. Aromatically explosive, deep and just so compelling in its beauty, the 2017 has so much to offer. A rush of inky dark fruit, lavender, bittersweet chocolate, spice and licorice build as this sumptuous, exotic beauty shows off all of its allure. The 2017 is not at all subtle, but it sure is gorgeous. Rouget was stellar en primeur. It is every bit as impressive from bottle."
- Item #: i_333963Bottle Size: 750MLWine Enthusiast: 95WINE ENTHUSIAST 95 POINTS - "Whiffs of dried strawberry and cherry mingle into darker notes of smoke and spice in this perfumed blend of Grenache, Syrah, Mourvèdre and Cinsault. A luscious, voluminous sip, it floods the palate with primary cherry and raspberry flavors but also a crush of minerals too. This readily approachable wine with fine, silky tannins should gain earthier complexities through 2030."
- Item #: i_354216Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94VINOUS 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Chablis Les Montmains 1er Cru is bright, lifted and finely cut, with tons of energy that give the wine its sense of focus. White flowers, citrus, orchard fruit, mint and pineapple all develop in the glass, but it is the wine's taut feel that stands out most. This is another compelling wine from Laroche."
- Item #: i_353887Bottle Size: 750mlThis plot lies over 7 ha, all in once. A vineyard with all the characteristics of a great terroir of Chablis: sunny exposure, Kimmeridgian limestone soil and 70 year-old vines. Ripeness can be achieved without losing the typical salty character of the terroir..
Food pairing The wine you would dream to have with the best seafish or a farmhouse chicken.
- Item #: i_351582Bottle Size: 750mlThis small family Domaine of 1.5 hectares is situated in the heart of the Saint-Joseph appellation, in Ardèche, the Northern section of the Rhône wine region in Southern France.Although her family had for many years supplied grapes to a large local négociant, Martine Rouchier and her husband, Christian, determined in 2010 to begin making their own wine. They immediately began converting their vineyards to organic viticulture, a process that they completed beginning with the 2013 vintage. By 2015, Martine and Christian were practicing not only completely organic and biodynamic farming and fermentation. but also fully “natural” winemaking, in that their Saint-Joseph is made entirely without added sulfur. Domaine Rouchier produces two cuvées parcellaires of 100% Syrah: Luc is a .5-hectare lieu-dit of vines planted in 1972 on the hills above St-Jean de Muzols. The vineyard lies on a west-facing slope at an elevation of approximately 250m in soil comprised of clay and schist. Chave is a 1-hectare lieu-dit planted with vines dating to 1958. With Western exposition, Chave lies on soil dominated by granitic gneiss. Both cuvées employ two weeks of whole-cluster fermentation in concrete over indigenous yeasts, punctuated with pigeage (punching down) and remontage (pumping over). The young wine is then aged over for 16-18 months in neutral (5-9 years) oak barrels of 228L . The finished wine is then bottled unfiltered and entirely without SO2.
- Item #: i_353707Bottle Size: 750mlLocated in the Leully area above Nuits, lieu-dit le Champ des Allouettes, south-facing hillside, mostly limestone soil.
100% de-stemmed, 18-21 days indigenous yeast fermentation in stainless steel tanks with mostly pump-overs (punch-downs at end of fermentation). Aged for 16 months in barrel (33% new oak)
- Item #: i_354177Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 93WINE ENTHUSIAST 93 POINTS - "Subtle notes of tart but aromatic apple reach the nose. The palate of this wine is dry and concentrated, displaying juicy notes of tart apple and ripe pear edged with gentle lemon. The mellow and subtle balance leads to a dry, vivid finish."
- Item #: i_353883Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The vicissitudes of climate and disease mean that Rapet hasn't produced a viable yield from this site for years, and he opted to retain the excellent 2015 rendition for his personal consumption, so the 2017 Beaune 1er Cru Bressandes marks the return of a cuvée consumers haven't seen for some time. Bursting from the glass with aromas of cassis, wild berries and sweet soil tones, it's medium to full-bodied, ample and layered, with a rich core of fruit framed by fine tannins and succulent acids. It will be well worth seeking out."
- Item #: i_311204Bottle Size: 750mlBrothers Bertrand and Denis Chevillon are the fifth generation managers of this property in Nuits- Saint-Georges, which means they work the vines and make the wines. Their father Robert, for whom the domaine is named, is still active as well. Both brothers bring passion, experience, a tireless work ethic, and intensity to their work at the domaine. Tasting through their palate of Nuits- Saint-Georges is a venerable tour of the appellation. Their Passetoutgrain, a blend of Pinot and Gamay, is a worthy introduction and their rare (two barrels made) Nuits-Saint-Georges Blanc made from the “Pinot Gouges” is an exotic treasure that ages just as long as the domaine’s fabled reds. And their Bourgogne Aligoté, Bourgogne Chardonnay and Bourgogne Rouge are grown and vinified with the same care as their premier crus. It shows.
- Item #: i_352768Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92+WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS - "A generous bouquet of marzipan and ripe pears that's subtly framed by new wood introduces the 2017 Pouilly-Fuissé En Bertillonne, a medium to full-bodied, deep and muscular wine that's textural and blocky in profile, with ripe underlying acids and a heady finish. Its structure and concentration are impressive, but it will merit a little bottle age."
- Item #: i_352376Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 93James Suckling: 94Decanter: 92JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "Wow. This has such attractive dark plums and berries with chocolate and cocoa, as well as ripe red and dark cherries. The complexity and depth is striking here. The palate carries so much flavor and so much detail. So lush. Rich dark fruit, cocoa and red-cherry pip to close. Drink over the next decade or more. This has plenty in the tank."
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "Moving back south, the 2017 Gigondas is another terrific vintage for this cuvée, and it’s a quintessential expression of Saint Cosme. Ground herbs, graphite, gunpowder, pepper, black raspberries, and cassis all emerge from this full-bodied, ripe, polished Gigondas. With solid concentration, building yet ripe tannins, and a great finish, you’ll be thrilled to have a case in the cellar."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS This offers a mix of dark cherry, currant and blackberry compote flavors, scored liberally with singed alder, dried sage and warm earth accents through the finish. A flash of chestnut at the very end keeps this in the old-school camp. Solid for the vintage. Best from 2022 through 2035."
- Item #: i_354220Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 94-95James Suckling: 93VINOUS 94-95 POINTS: "Bright ruby-red. A complex, highly perfumed bouquet evokes ripe red/blue fruit, Moroccan spice and potpourri aromas that are enlivened by a vibrant mineral quality that builds as the wine stretches out. Sweet, seamless and expansive in the mouth, offering densely packed raspberry, boysenberry, floral pastille and spicecake flavors that show outstanding clarity and back-end thrust. The mineral and floral notes drive an extremely long, sappy finish, shaped by smooth, polished tannins."
- Item #: i_353457Bottle Size: 750mlThe Chardonnay barrels are kept topped up, but even so the wines tend to offer a hint of the same nutty character on top of the more classic outline of the Chardonnay grape. Stéphane Tissot is a leading grower in the wine appellation of Arbois , where he farms his vineyards biodynamicallY.