- Item #: i_353121Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine la Barroche is a family estate that has been passed down from one generation to the next since the 14th century. Julien’s father, Christian Barrot, is passionate about viticulture and has taken meticulous care of the family’s 12.5 hectare of vines since the early 1970’s. Until Julien joined his father back in 2002, all of the wine had been sold in bulk to negociants. Now, half of the Grenache vines are more than 100 years-old and are some of the oldest found in Chateauneuf-du-Pape. Julien has moved to completely organic viticulture (not certified) and his father is still following his passion and continues to work in the vineyards. Taking all of his father’s work to the next level, Julien is now vinifying each grape variety and some parcels separately, studying and learning his holdings parcel by parcel.
The 2017 Domaine La Barroche Chateauneuf-du-Pape offers a singular wine personality, a delicate alchemy of spices and well-ripened black fruits, a delight for the senses.
- Item #: i_351680Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The estate’s top wine is the 2016 Lirac Secret de la Grange, a 90-10 blend of Grenache and Syrah that never sees oak. This full-bodied blend is fabulously concentrated and lush, with ripe fruit flavors of raspberries and stone fruits, an intriguing hint of almond paste and a rich, long finish tinged with licorice. It should drink well for up to a decade."
- Item #: i_353426Bottle Size: 750mlBIODYNAMIC, ORGANIC
A blend of roussanne, white grenache and marsanne with a touch of viognier – from the southern Rhône Valley. Deliciously rich, concentrated wine with mandarin, orange zest, toasted almond, apricot and subtle spice flavours. A complex, powerful wine that’s textural and mouthfilling.” – Bob Campbell MW Tasting Note: A blend of Rousanne, White Grenache and Marsanne, with a touch of Viognier. Barrel-aged for 8 months. The nose is powerful and expressive with citrus aromas and hints of toasted almonds and anise. In the mouth it has flavours of lime with good acidity and mineralogy, and a very long finish. Ideally coupled with foods such as salmon, game, poultry, rabbit, pâté and hard cheeses. Serve lightly chilled at 14ºC. Enjoy now or for five to six years.
- Item #: i_322272Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 95 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 95 POINTS - "Lifted black-cherry and blackberry aromas are accented by savory notes of licorice, bay leaf and thyme in this sultry blend of Grenache, Syrah, Mourvèdre and Cinsault. It's full bodied and supple, with a firm mineral tang anchoring the finish. Fine-grained but grippy tannins will meld with time but the wine is already showing beautifully."
- Item #: i_351752Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 92 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 92 POINTS - "While this dry wine's crisp apple, white grapefruit and pear notes are understated on the nose and palate, its opulent, creamy mouthfeel is the showcase. Full bodied and honeyed yet not heavy, it shows hints of cashew, earth and saline complexities in development. Although drinking elegantly now, it should be even better from 2026."
- Item #: i_351169Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 93-95JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "A blend of 75% Grenache and 25% Mourvèdre, the 2018 Châteauneuf Du Pape Les Safres makes the most of this vintage and sports incredible elegance and finesse while still packing solid depth of fruit and concentration. Beautiful notes of kirsch, licorice, toasted spices, and flowery incense all flow to a medium to full-bodied 2018 that has polished tannins and a great finish. The balance, purity, and finesse here are top notch."
VINOUS 93-95 POINTS - "Deep bright-hued red. Sexy, spice-accented aromas of ripe red berries and potpourri are lent vivacity by a smoky mineral element. Sweet, palate-coating raspberry, cherry preserve, spicecake and floral pastille flavors show a suave blend of depth and energy. Displays fine delineation and finishes with superb clarity and emphatic, red-fruit-driven persistence. Raised for 17 months in large oak foudres."
- Item #: i_352242Bottle Size: 750mlLa Roquète sits on prime real estate at the foot of the Piélong plateau, north of the village of Châteauneuf-du-Pape and adjacent to the western end of the famous Le Rayas vineyard. Galets roulés scatter the vineyard floor, but the primarily sandy soils impart great finesse to the wine. The Bruniers recommend drinking the white young for its freshness and elegance, but it can also evolve for several years if so desired.
- Item #: i_352778Bottle Size: 750mlClos Saint Jean Chateauneuf du Pape Blanc is produced from equal parts Grenache Blanc, Roussanne and Clairette. The wine is aged in a combination of new, French oak barrels and vats. The production is quite small with than less than 350 cases made per year.
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - " Review: "The whites here continue to improve. The 2018 Châteauneuf Du Pape Blanc offers a rocking bouquet of key lime pie, tangerine, and ripe peach that gives way to a powerful, opulent, medium to full-bodied white that has tons of flesh and texture, beautiful balance, and a great finish. This is a white for the dinner table."
- Item #: i_353657Bottle Size: 750mlOf the 8 hectares of old vines that Marie and François Giraud farm in Galimardes, a rocky and red clay soil on the road between the villages Châteauneuf-du-Pape and Sorgues, 1 hectare are white varieties - roughly equal parts Grenache Blanc, Clairette, Roussanne and Bourboulenc. Each variety is harvested exactly when it is ripe and is gently pressed into tank except the Roussanne which is fermented in French oak demi-muids. After 6 months of aging Marie assembles the final blend. Due to the age of the vines the exact blend changes from vintage to vintage as does the quantity of wine bottled." -Importer Note
- Item #: i_344272Bottle Size: 750MLComplex nose of tropical fruit and brioche. Mouth combining vivacity and smoothness with notes of citrus, tropical fruit and flowers with a very mineral finish. Pair with truffle brouillade, grilled fish with sauce, fish tagine, oysters au gratin, lobster, capon with cream and vin jaune, carpaccio of marinated fish.
Blend: 40% Clairette, 25% Grenache Blanc, 35% Roussanne
- Item #: i_354088Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91-93Jeb Dunnuck: 92 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "A blend of 40% Roussanne, 30% Clairette, and the balance Grenache Blanc and Picpoul, the 2019 Châteauneuf Du Pape Blanc offers a lighter gold color as well as a classic bouquet of honeyed citrus, white orchard fruits, honeysuckle, and acacia flowers. This nicely textured, medium to full-bodied white has an expansive texture, solid mid-palate depth, and a clean, dry finish that will make it shine at the dinner table. Drink it any time over the coming 7-8 years."
WINE ADVOCATE 91-93 POINTS - "The Domaine de la Solitude 2018 Blanc has a spicy nose of ginger, allspice and coriander seed over a core of lemon curd and grapefruit plus a waft of baker's yeast. Full-bodied and satiny textured, it has loads of tropical layers and a long, refreshing finish."
- Item #: i_344288Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94-96Jeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 94-96 POINTS - "The 2015 Châteauneuf du Pape Les Origines (50% Grenache, 30% Mourvèdre and 20% Syrah aged in a mix of concrete tanks and small barrels) has fabulous notes of crème de cassis, blackberry jam, roasted herbs and graphite. Full-bodied, ultra-pure and with incredibly polished tannin, it’s up with some of the best vintage of this cuvée to date. It will need 2-3 years of cellaring and have two decades of longevity. This sensational estate consistently produces some of the top whites of the appellation (in addition to the reds), and they’ve done well in 2015."
JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "The classic blend of 50% Grenache, 30% Mourvèdre and 20% Syrah brought up in new barrels and concrete tanks, the 2015 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Les Origines is a cuvée that's much more elegant and seamless today than in the past. Cured meats, ripe red and black fruits, garrigue, and graphite notes all emerge from this balanced, structured wine that has beautiful purity and length. There's plenty of tannins, so give it a few years."
- Item #: i_352376Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 93James Suckling: 94Decanter: 90 to 95 point scoreJAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "Wow. This has such attractive dark plums and berries with chocolate and cocoa, as well as ripe red and dark cherries. The complexity and depth is striking here. The palate carries so much flavor and so much detail. So lush. Rich dark fruit, cocoa and red-cherry pip to close. Drink over the next decade or more. This has plenty in the tank."
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "Moving back south, the 2017 Gigondas is another terrific vintage for this cuvée, and it’s a quintessential expression of Saint Cosme. Ground herbs, graphite, gunpowder, pepper, black raspberries, and cassis all emerge from this full-bodied, ripe, polished Gigondas. With solid concentration, building yet ripe tannins, and a great finish, you’ll be thrilled to have a case in the cellar."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS This offers a mix of dark cherry, currant and blackberry compote flavors, scored liberally with singed alder, dried sage and warm earth accents through the finish. A flash of chestnut at the very end keeps this in the old-school camp. Solid for the vintage. Best from 2022 through 2035."
- Item #: i_353439Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94Jeb Dunnuck: 94WINE ADVOCATE 92-94 POINTS - "Blended on the spot from several different barrels, the 2018 Gigondas looks very promising. Asphalt, black cherries and tapenade feature on the nose, while the palate is almost painfully intense, with ample weight, great richness and a long, velvety finish."
JEB DUNNUCK 92-94 POINTS - "Moving to the Gigondas releases, the 2018 Gigondas (which now always includes the grapes that previously went into the Valbelle cuvée) is a drop-dead gorgeous wine that readers should snatch up. Tons of blackberry fruit, peppery herbs, violets, and wildflower notes all give way to a medium to full-bodied Gigondas that has the rounded, sexy style of the vintage front and center. I love it, and while it’s going to be drinkable right out of the gate, it’s going to keep for 15-20 years."
- Item #: i_354220Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 94-95James Suckling: 93VINOUS 94-95 POINTS: "Bright ruby-red. A complex, highly perfumed bouquet evokes ripe red/blue fruit, Moroccan spice and potpourri aromas that are enlivened by a vibrant mineral quality that builds as the wine stretches out. Sweet, seamless and expansive in the mouth, offering densely packed raspberry, boysenberry, floral pastille and spicecake flavors that show outstanding clarity and back-end thrust. The mineral and floral notes drive an extremely long, sappy finish, shaped by smooth, polished tannins."
- Item #: i_334213Bottle Size: 750MLWINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Ripe and juicy, this is a well-built version offering up a range of enticing black cherry, plum and fig fruit flavors while singed alder, garrigue and dried lavender notes chime throughout. Ample fruit on the finish with a savory streak providing a nice counterpoint. Grenache, Cinsault, Syrah and Mourvèdre. Best from 2021 through 2032."
- Item #: i_350519Bottle Size: 750mlWhite wine accounts for just 3% of Domaine Tempier’s total wine production. It is made from grapes grown on the estate’s finest vineyards which benefit from limited exposure to sunshine. This results in the grapes ripening slowly which allows the wine to mature with good balance after spending 8 to 10 months in oak casks. A blend of Clairette, Bourboulenc and Ugni Blanc; characterized by minerality, freshness, citrus fruit white blossoms. This white can be enjoyed now and up to 8 years from the vintage should you wish to experience the wine as it develops in bottle.