- Item #: i_346030Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94-96Wine Spectator: 94-97Vinous Media: 90-93James Suckling: 94-95ROBERTPARKER.COM 94-96 POINTS: "The 2015 Coutet comes with 153 grams per liter of residual sugar at 13.8% alcohol. It has a fragrant bouquet with acacia honey, citrus scents and a touch of melted butter, all very well defined. The palate is medium-bodied with impressive purity, those limestone soils imparting the acidity that defined this Barsac, and lending great precision and tension on the live-wire finish. This is a wonderful Coutet that feels energetic - a compressed spring coil that will drink earlier than the likes of Climens or de Fargues, but has the DNA to age gracefully over 25-30 years"
VINOUSMEDIA 90-94 POINTS: "The 2015 Coutet is nicely lifted, gracious and understated. Candied apple, Jolly Rancher and exotic flowers are all nicely balanced in this attractive, mid-weight Sauternes. This is a very pretty Barsac built on aromatic nuance and bright, salivating acidity." -- Antonio Galloni
WINE SPECTATOR 94-97 POINTS: "Vibrant, with a singed almond frame sprinting along, this offers nectarine, white peach and star fruit notes. Mirabelle plum and pineapple details echo through the finish. Very long, boasting terrific range. Score range: 94-97" –JM
JAMES SUCKLING 94-95 POINTS: "A Coutet with great depth and fruit. So much dried tropical fruit character, bright acidity and fruit sweetness. Vivid and clean."
- Item #: i_345892Bottle Size: 750MLThe estate is situated on the same plateau as Saint Emilion and Pomerol and sits on the second highest point in the Gironde at 110 meters above sea level (approximately 350 feet). The vineyards are planted to a number of red varieties, including Merlot (85%), Cabernet Sauvignon (6%), Cabernet Franc (7%) along with a touch of Malbec and Carmenère. The exclusive white variety is Semillon. The soil type varies but is principally a mix of clay, silex and limestone, with very high acidity levels. The average age of the vines is 50 years and no synthetic treatments have ever been used at the estate, which is certified biodynamic. Harvest is manual, the grapes are entirely destemmed and the cuvaison is long, continuing for two to four weeks. Only indigenous yeast is utilized, no chapitalisation is done nor is SO2 used during the fermentation. The “elevage” of the Le Puy wines is done according to the lunar rhythm. The two essential red cuvées of the estate, “Emilien” and “Barthelemy” are raised in barrel for 24 months. The wines are neither fined nor filtered before bottling. Jean-Pierre Amoreau and his son, Pascal, oversee the vineyards and vinification.
- Item #: i_352910Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95James Suckling: 95JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "Yum. Wonderful aromas of crushed berries, wet earth, sweet tobacco and fresh leather. Full body. Very tight, pinpointed palate with depth and length, too. The precision and balance is exceptional here."
VINOUS 95 POINTS - "The 2017 Rouget is a total knockout. Aromatically explosive, deep and just so compelling in its beauty, the 2017 has so much to offer. A rush of inky dark fruit, lavender, bittersweet chocolate, spice and licorice build as this sumptuous, exotic beauty shows off all of its allure. The 2017 is not at all subtle, but it sure is gorgeous. Rouget was stellar en primeur. It is every bit as impressive from bottle."
- Item #: i_399922Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93WINE ENTHUSIAST 92 - 94 POINTS - "This is a structured wine, with solid, smoky tannins. It has a strong core of dryness, tough at the edges even if rich in the middle. Blackberries and dark plum skins dominate the fruit flavors. It is going to develop well, although slowly.
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2014 Grand-Mayne has a fragrant bouquet, perhaps more refined than in recent years with dried rose petals and incense fusing with the red berry fruit. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin, crisp acidity and a gentle build towards a vivid, lightly spiced finish that maintains impressive delineation, perhaps less extracted and more precise than wines of the past. This is a superb Grand-Mayne that represents a subtle change in tack for the estate—one that this writer approves of. Tasted on three occasions and consistent every time."
- Item #: i_333022Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 92Wine Enthusiast: 94JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS: "“The currant and berry character with hints of chocolate is impressive on the nose. Full body, tangy acidity and soft and velvety tannins. It’s rich and satisfying. Second wine of Pichon Baron.”