- Item #: i_345448Bottle Size: 750MLBIODYNAMIC
Fermentation and aging is identical to the Fortune and Digoine except the wine stays in tank for 14-17 days during fermentation In general, this style of fermentation depends exclusively on the quality of the grapes that enters the cellar. The balance and vibrancy in these wines comes from the quality of the grapes, the level of maturity, their cleanliness, and the quality of the skin. If everything is in balance, the wines will express their village of origin to reveal their native terroir.
- Item #: i_353801Bottle Size: 750mlAnne Gros simply is one of the top winemakers in Burgundy today, which explains why her wines have inspired such a cult-like following. Importantly for us, Gros personifies the sort of winemaker with whom we have always sought to work: an artisan with a clear vision of her terroir and talents, and the grace to be humble despite the weight of Burgundian tradition and family history.
- Item #: i_350552Bottle Size: 750mlSubtle, harmonious - Burgundy from Domaine Anne Gros is intimately tied with the elegant and poised character of wines from Vosne-Romanée.
While each cru faithfully reflects its terroir, it is terroir as translated through Gros’ expert touch, offering richer aromatics, rounder curves, silkier tannins. The combination is irresistible, so much so that Gros’ very limited production is snapped up by global collectors faster and faster each vintage.
Anne Gros simply is one of the top winemakers in Burgundy today, which explains why her wines have inspired such a cult-like following. Importantly for us, Gros personifies the sort of winemaker with whom we have always sought to work: an artisan with a clear vision of her terroir and talents, and the grace to be humble despite the weight of Burgundian tradition and family history.
Anne Gros cares for her vineyards according to “lutte raisonée” principles, adhering to organic practices as much as possible depending on the conditions of the growing year. Grapes are always harvested by hand. Juice is fermented on indigenous yeasts in lined (enameled) cement tanks for the reds, and in stainless steel tanks for the whites. Wines are aged in barrel for approximately 16 months, with 80 percent new oak for grand cru wines, 50 percent for village wines and 30 percent for regional wines.
- Item #: i_353488Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "Wafting from the glass with notes of rich dark fruits, baking chocolate, peonies, orange rind and rose, the 2018 Ladoix Les Briquottes is medium to full-bodied, with a pretty core of exquisitely perfumed fruit, powdery structuring tannins and a long, chalky and aromatic finish."
- Item #: i_322644Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 93JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "This is always beautiful with dried strawberries, flowers and hints of rosebush. Medium-to full-bodied with a round yet poignant tannin background and fresh acidity. Lively Mercurey. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_353460Bottle Size: 750mlDecanter: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Jean-Claude Bessin only makes 5,000 bottles of this old vine cuvée from a lieu-dit within the larger Fourchaume Premier Cru. Combining stainless steel and oaked components, it's rich, concentrated and appealingly honeyed, with subtle wood spices, a thread of minerality and a pure, focused, enticingly balance finish. These are never wines that have to try too hard."
- Item #: i_353303Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "Aromas of green pear, fresh peach and hazelnuts introduce the 2018 Saint-Aubin Compendium, a medium to full-bodied, satiny wine that's racy but open-knit. Charming and already expressive, this will drink well on release."
- Item #: i_345411Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90-92WINE ADVOCATE 90-92 POINTS - " Tribut's 2018 Chablis 1er Cru Beauroy is very promising, bursting with notes of mandarin orange, green apple, freshly baked bread and oyster shell. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, ample and expansive, with a fleshy, nicely concentrated core, lively acids and a saline finish."
- Item #: i_352797Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91-93WINE ADVOCATE 91-93 POINTS - "Notes of white flowers, apples, oyster shells and wet stones preface the 2018 Chablis 1er Cru Côte de Léchet, a medium to full-bodied, satiny and impressively incisive wine in this warm vintage, with plenty of chalky extract and a mineral finish. At this early stage, the Côte de Léchet looks to be one of the premier cru highlights of the vintage."
- Item #: i_352548Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90There's not a whole lot of Chardonnay vines planted in Marsannay - who better to farm them than one of the masters of the region - Sylvain Pataille.
Sylvain Pataille is one of those rare vignerons whose hard work and dedication has elevated the overall quality and public perception of the wines in his village. Sylvain, and his brother Laurent, now farm 15 hectares of vineyards located exclusively in Marsannay. They have been pushing hard to designate some of the special terroir there as 1er Cru, and it will likely happen soon. When you shake Sylvain's hands you are reminded that these are hands that work really hard! They are rough as sandpaper because he is out in the vineyards 11 months of the year. Sylvain is also a very talented chemist who so excelled at his classes in Bordeaux that he in the consulting enologist at 15 or so great domaines in Burgundy including Domaine Roumier in Chambolle-Musigny and Chateau de la Tour in Clos Vougeot. He is very passionate and devoted to his domaine in Marsannay which he built from nothing. His first vintage was in 1999. Like Bruno Clair he is an indefatigable champion of the village of Marsannay. Sylvain has been organically certified since 2008, and has been employing biodynamics in the vineyards and cellar for over a decade. With the exception of small amounts of sulphur when needed, there are no additions whatsoever. His wines are both “natural” and completely classic . . . black magic!
- Item #: i_333722Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Wine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Pretty aromas and flavors of cherry jam, raspberry, violet and earth are backed by dusty tannins in this red, which is focused, if dominated by the tannins for now. Fine length. Drink now through 2027.'
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Chorey-lès-Beaune Village is blended with the fruit from La Pièce du Chapitre this year due to a lack of quantity. It has a ravishing, forward and expressive bouquet with plenty of raspberry coulis and blueberry notes, very pure and nicely defined. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannins. There is a fine bead of acidity, almost candied toward the finish with veins of orange zest and spice lingering in the mouth. This comes highly recommended."