- Item #: i_345448Bottle Size: 750MLBIODYNAMIC
Fermentation and aging is identical to the Fortune and Digoine except the wine stays in tank for 14-17 days during fermentation In general, this style of fermentation depends exclusively on the quality of the grapes that enters the cellar. The balance and vibrancy in these wines comes from the quality of the grapes, the level of maturity, their cleanliness, and the quality of the skin. If everything is in balance, the wines will express their village of origin to reveal their native terroir.
- Item #: i_322611Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "The 2017 Bourgogne Côte Chalonnaise La Digoine opens in the glass with a reserved bouquet of smoky blackberries, raspberries and bay leaf, followed by a medium to full-bodied, fleshy and supple palate that's open and charming, concluding with a spice-inflected finish."
Winemaker's Notes "La Digoine is a site at the foot of a slope, known for centuries to provide the deep soil and growing conditions necessary for excellent red wine. Our vineyard here is planted in moderate-yield Pinot Noir. La Digoine can be drunk very young. Within two or three months of bottling, it demonstrates immediate appeal with red berry fruit and a balance of roundness, structure, and lenght on the palate.
However, this is another versatil wine which benefits from bottle aging. After 18 to 24 months, slow maturation and evolution begin to make their mark, and La Digoine will improve over the next ten year, revealing the deep, complex aromas worthy of a great burgundy. Depending on cellar conditions, we recommanded twelve to fifteen years of aging.
Serving temperature for a young La Digoine should be around 60°F, and around 64°F for an older one. It goes well with red meat and any of a variety of cheeses, though soft cheeses like Camembert, Brie, and Vacherin should be avoided."
- Item #: i_353488Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "Wafting from the glass with notes of rich dark fruits, baking chocolate, peonies, orange rind and rose, the 2018 Ladoix Les Briquottes is medium to full-bodied, with a pretty core of exquisitely perfumed fruit, powdery structuring tannins and a long, chalky and aromatic finish."
- Item #: i_322644Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 93JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "This is always beautiful with dried strawberries, flowers and hints of rosebush. Medium-to full-bodied with a round yet poignant tannin background and fresh acidity. Lively Mercurey. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_352750Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Givry 1er Cru Crausot is a more gourmand expression of Givry, wafting from the glass with notions of ripe red fruits, fruit compote and licorice. On the palate, it's medium-bodied, velvety and ample, its fine tannins cloaked in juicy fruit. It will be hard to resist in its youth."
- Item #: i_353707Bottle Size: 750mlLocated in the Leully area above Nuits, lieu-dit le Champ des Allouettes, south-facing hillside, mostly limestone soil.
100% de-stemmed, 18-21 days indigenous yeast fermentation in stainless steel tanks with mostly pump-overs (punch-downs at end of fermentation). Aged for 16 months in barrel (33% new oak)
- Item #: i_334109Bottle Size: 750MLThe Gouges family has been vineyard proprietors in Nuits for generations and proprietors of the current domaine since 1919. Domaine Henri Gouges Bourgogne Rouge has a great color and a lovely Pinot nose. Very fresh and earthy on the palate, supple with roasted nut elements.
Allen Meadows - Burghound - "A fresh, cool and distinctly earthy array of red and dark currant precedes punch and sleek middle weight flavors that offer fine length. This is less rustic than it usually is and it's worth considering."
- Item #: i_353898Bottle Size: 750mlWhen you meet Sebastien Gay, you are instantly charmed. Sebastien is forever breaking into an infectious smile. His cheeks light up and then you realize the smile stems from his embarrassment at receiving all the well-deserved praise being heaped upon him. Sebastien has ample reason for grin from ear to ear. The wines embody his humble demeanor, drawing you in and capturing your attention with their unsullied, vibrant character. Sourced from four different vineyards in the appellation, Les Crapousuets, Les Caillettes, Boulmeau, and Les Boutieres. The vines average more than 60 years in age and result in wines with great character and expression.
- Item #: i_353883Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The vicissitudes of climate and disease mean that Rapet hasn't produced a viable yield from this site for years, and he opted to retain the excellent 2015 rendition for his personal consumption, so the 2017 Beaune 1er Cru Bressandes marks the return of a cuvée consumers haven't seen for some time. Bursting from the glass with aromas of cassis, wild berries and sweet soil tones, it's medium to full-bodied, ample and layered, with a rich core of fruit framed by fine tannins and succulent acids. It will be well worth seeking out."
- Item #: i_353130Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Well-structured, juicy and bursting with energy, showing cherry, raspberry and spice flavors, with stony, chalky notes. Though this red is firm, the lively acidity drives the long, mouthwatering finish."
- Item #: i_311204Bottle Size: 750mlBrothers Bertrand and Denis Chevillon are the fifth generation managers of this property in Nuits- Saint-Georges, which means they work the vines and make the wines. Their father Robert, for whom the domaine is named, is still active as well. Both brothers bring passion, experience, a tireless work ethic, and intensity to their work at the domaine. Tasting through their palate of Nuits- Saint-Georges is a venerable tour of the appellation. Their Passetoutgrain, a blend of Pinot and Gamay, is a worthy introduction and their rare (two barrels made) Nuits-Saint-Georges Blanc made from the “Pinot Gouges” is an exotic treasure that ages just as long as the domaine’s fabled reds. And their Bourgogne Aligoté, Bourgogne Chardonnay and Bourgogne Rouge are grown and vinified with the same care as their premier crus. It shows.
- Item #: i_333722Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Wine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Pretty aromas and flavors of cherry jam, raspberry, violet and earth are backed by dusty tannins in this red, which is focused, if dominated by the tannins for now. Fine length. Drink now through 2027.'
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Chorey-lès-Beaune Village is blended with the fruit from La Pièce du Chapitre this year due to a lack of quantity. It has a ravishing, forward and expressive bouquet with plenty of raspberry coulis and blueberry notes, very pure and nicely defined. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannins. There is a fine bead of acidity, almost candied toward the finish with veins of orange zest and spice lingering in the mouth. This comes highly recommended."