- Item #: i_345226Bottle Size: 750MLDecanter: 90 to 95 PointsDECANTER 92 POINTS - "The late Anne-Claude Leflaive bought this struggling biodynamic domaine in 2008. From 2ha of old vines, Grolleau – normally used in bland rosés – is taken to another level: bright acidity lifts crunchy pomegranate fruit, with spice and texture from 18 months in old Leflaive barrels."
- Item #: i_311491Bottle Size: 750MLBeautiful crystalline dress, pale gold. The olfactory expression opens immediately on a succession of shades that are constantly renewed. First citrus fruits (orange peel and lemon), then summer fruits (white peach and pear) finally honey notes on a subtle background of peppermint... an excellent complexity that translates richness and elegance. The lively and very frank attack precedes the acidulous roundness of the summer fruits expressed by the nose which are mingled with the refreshing flavors of exotic fruits (lychee, mango). Then, in delicate harmony, the fat and smells of fresh almond and pear are revealed. The finish, based on a stony minerality, is prolonged on notes of very ripe lemon. This wine pairs beautifully with shellfish, seafood and goat cheeses.
- Item #: i_350741Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93JOHN GILMAN 95 POINTS - "The 2017 Clos du Bourg Demi-Sec is a stunning wine in the making. The bouquet offers up a superb constellation of apple, pineapple, quince, very complex minerality, honeycomb, orange blossoms and lanolin. On the palate the wine is pure, nascently complex and full-bodied, with superb depth at the core, bright, seamless acids, laser-like focus and outstanding grip and balance on the long, vibrant and stunning finish. This too will be approachable for a few years and then shut down for an extended period of hibernation, but unlike the Le Haut Lieu Demi-Sec, where early sampling would be perfectly understandable, to waste bottles of the 2017 Clos du Bourg Demi-Sec drinking it in its early window of accessibility would border on a crime! This is a legend in the making."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "This glistens, with glazed pear, warm persimmon, green plum and quince flavors, all carried by elegant white ginger and verbena notes. A light gilding of piecrust adds to the flattering feel, though there’s ample acidity here for balance and drive. Drink now through 2032."
- Item #: i_353891Bottle Size: 750mlPetit Chemarin is one of Vincent’s top cuvées, from an exposed vineyard entirely composed of chalky, stony soil. Planted in 1968, the roots have dug down into the limestone, resulting in a wine of stunningly intense minerality. Fermentation takes place in a combination of predominantly old 600ltr oak barrels, with ageing on lees in tank before bottling.
- Item #: i_351303Bottle Size: 750mlSustainable with no chemical treatments or pesticides. From 2018 in conversion to Bio-dynamic.
“Top notch Sancerres from a leading family domaine. Every bottling is recommended.” Jacqueline Friedrich, The Wines of France.