- Item #: i_345082Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 99Wine Spectator: 97James Suckling: 99WINE ADVOCATE 99 POINTS - "Composed of 55% Merlot and 45% Cabernet Franc, the deep garnet colored 2010 Angélus has an open-for-business nose of baked plums, Black Forest cake and blueberry pie with touches of hoisin, Marmite toast and eucalyptus. Full-bodied, rich and oh-so-sensuous, the palate is jam-packed with decadent fruit and framed by firm, ripe, and rounded tannins, finishing with epic length."
JAMES SUCKLING 99 POINTS - "The nose is impressively rich with an opulence and sexiness with earth, berry, spice and chocolate character. Black truffles! Full body, with seamless tannins and beautiful richness. It goes on for minutes. The layers of fruit and ripe tannins are phenomenal. This is the greatest Angelus ever for me."
- Item #: i_353231Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Wine Spectator: 96James Suckling: 99JAMES SUCKLING 99 POINTS - "A great wine with superb concentration and richness. yet it's ever so agile and polished. Spices, blueberries, cinnamon and dried flowers. Full body and polished and full tannins. Great length. The refinement to the tannins is amazing. Compacted. Essence-like. Needs five or six years to open. Try in 2025"
WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "A blend of 62% Merlot and 38% Cabernet Franc, the 2015 Angelus reveals a deep garnet-purple color and fragrant aromas of crushed red currants, warm plums and pencil shavings with hints of incense, sage, violets and tobacco. Full-bodied, very fine and intense yet exquisitely delicate with wonderful freshness, it has ripe yet firm, very finely grained tannins and an epically long, perfumed finish. With bags of perfume and a captivating plushness, this Angelus is a real head-turner!"
- Item #: i_353926Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93-95WINE ADVOCATE 93-95 - "A new cuvée for Moreau debuts with the 2018 Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru, the result of an exchange in must from a proprietor with vines in Aloxe-Corton. Offering up aromas of green apple, white flowers, toasted nuts and iodine, the wine is full-bodied, deep and tensile, with a satiny attack that segues into a layered core that's framed by lively acids and chalky extract."
- Item #: i_350155Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 94BURGHOUND 94 POINTS - "The wood treatment has been almost completely integrated and allows the similar but more reserved, riper and more densely fruited and floral-suffused nose to display its charms while leading to elegant, pure and every bit as serious formidably-scaled flavors brimming with dry extract on the textured, concentrated and palate staining finish that seems to go on and on. Like the regular cuvée, there is less youthful austerity here than I'm used to seeing with more overall depth of material. A terrific '07 but note that ample patience will be required."
- Item #: i_350440Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS: "Big and powerful, with loads of fruit and chewy tannins. Still just a baby. Full-bodied, with lots of structure and a long, long finish. Give it time.--'95/'96 Bordeaux retrospective. Best after 2010."
- Item #: i_311354Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 98James Suckling: 98Jeb Dunnuck: 99JEB DUNNUCK 99 POINTS: "The 2009 Palmer is unquestionably one of the greatest young Bordeaux I’ve tasted, and it has a rare mix of richness and elegance that’s incredible. Blackcurrants, violets, lead pencil shavings and a touch of minerality all emerge from this rich, massively concentrated Margaux that still glides across the palate with no sense of weight or heaviness. It’s perfectly balanced, has a ripe, hedonistic core of fruit, as well as integrated acidity. It’s a dream today, but is going to have 30-40 years or more of prime drinking."
JAMES SUCKLING 98 POINTS: "This has such class and power. Aromas of blueberries and blackberries, with hints of violets. Full-bodied, with polished tannins and a juicy finish. Solid and extremely pretty. Fabulous finish."
ROBERT PARKER 98 POINTS: "Deep garnet colored, the 2009 Palmer delivers a beguiling array of black fruit—warm plums, cassis and black cherry compote—with kirsch and wild sage sparks plus profound suggestions of fragrant earth, black truffles, iron ore and liquid licorice. Full-bodied, rich and decadently seductive in the mouth, the generous fruit is superbly framed with plush tannins and seamless freshness, finishing long and mineral laced."
- Item #: i_353819Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98Wine Spectator: 96Vinous Media: 97James Suckling: 100Decanter: 98Wine Enthusiast: 98Jeb Dunnuck: 98JAMES SUCKLING 100 POINTS: "I am breathless with the dark-berry, lavender and burnt-orange aromas. Some salt. Just so formidable and deep. Stunningly sexy on the palate with a density and power, yet it leaves things so clean and bright. You want to drink it and enjoy it now, but it has the structure to last forever. Drink in 2022."
DECANTER 98 POINTS: " An excellent vintage overall in the appellation and a brilliant Palmer, right up there with the 2010 and 2005. Ripe, seductively textured with blackberry, blueberry and raspberry fruits, all expressed with clarity and purity. The velvety, appealing quality to the tannins is already clear even at five years old, as is the complex mix of oak, liquorice and crushed stone minerality wrapped up in silk. Harvest September 22 to October 7. At this point the estate was fully in conversion for certification, working 100% organically and biodynamically."
JEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS: "One of the gems in Margaux is unquestionably the 2015 Palmer. Possessing more elegance and purity, as well as concentration, than the Alter Ego, it offers up a gorgeous bouquet of crème de cassis, caramelized cherries, charcoal, and graphite, with just a hint of spring flowers in the background. A final blend of 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 44% Merlot and 6% Petit Verdot that was brought up in 70% new oak, this full-bodied, ripe, incredibly polished 2015 is already hard to resist given its elegance and purity, yet should be at its best from 2023-2043. If you have more than one bottle, it's sensational today as well."
WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS: "Bottled relatively late in mid-September 2017, the 2015 Palmer is a blend of 44% Merlot and 50% Cabernet Sauvignon with a small portion of Petit Verdot. Medium to deep garnet-purple colored, it offers vibrant red currants, black cherries, wild blueberries, earth and mineral characteristics to begin, with slowly unfurling floral notes of violets and dried roses plus compelling baker’s chocolate and fragrant earth layers. Medium to full-bodied, generously fruited and possessing firm yet very, very fine-grained, mind-blowingly ripe tannins, the multifaceted palate features something of a skip in its step in terms of freshness, while it goes beguilingly earthy on the finish with some mineral hints. Very classy, elegant and sophisticated, this vintage is downright regal in its juxtaposition between poise and audaciousness. Think 2005 Palmer with a tick more fruit intensity, perfume and passion." (2/2018)
- Item #: i_354082Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94-96VINOUS 94-96 POINTS: "Bright yellow. Expansive, highly aromatic bouquet of orange, pear and flowers, with notes of talc and anise coming up with air. Pure and penetrating citrus and mineral flavors pack a serious punch and show a strong spicy quality on the back end. Finishes with resonating mineral and spice notes, an almost oily texture and outstanding persistence. I'd love to see this next to some high-end grand cru Burgundies. Emmanuel Reynaud told me that yields were off by over 70% in 2008 so this will be a rare bird."
- Item #: i_350454Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93BURGHOUND 93 POINTS-OUTSTANDING!: "This is equally pretty and even cooler with its airy if slightly riper mix of both red and dark pinot fruit, violet, plum, exotic tea and all but invisible wood nuances. There is excellent volume and punch to the focused and quite powerful medium weight flavors that possess a caressing mouthfeel on the even more mineral-inflected finish that goes on and on. Note well however that this palate coating effort is very much built-to-age and is going to need it."
- Item #: i_352915Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97Wine Spectator: 96WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "Blended of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 38% Merlot and 2% Cabernet Franc, the 2000 Cos d'Estournel is deep garnet in color with a touch of brick and sporting a lot of tertiary evolution on the nose. It leaps from the glass with opulent sandalwood, Chinese five spice, cigar box and leather scents over a core of prunes, baked cherries, dried mulberries and eucalyptus plus a touch of potpourri. Medium-bodied, the palate is laden with fragrant fruitcake and exotic spice layers, framed by wonderfully plush tannins and a refreshing line, finishing with an exhilarating menthol lift."
WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "Absolutely gorgeous on the nose, with currants, blackberries and freshly cut flowers. Full-bodied, with ultrafine tannins and a solid core of fruit. This goes on and on on the palate. The essence of class and refinement. Relatively good value, considering the superb quality. No better Cos since 1989."
- Item #: i_345784Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 100Wine Spectator: 100James Suckling: 100**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "There are 10,000 cases of this perfect sweet white Bordeaux. The 2001 Yquem reveals a hint of green in its light gold color. While somewhat reticent aromatically, with airing, it offers up honeyed tropical fruit, orange marmalade, pineapple, sweet creme brulee, and buttered nut-like scents. In the mouth, it is full-bodied with gorgeously refreshing acidity as well as massive concentration and unctuosity. Everything is uplifted and given laser-like focus by refreshing acidity. This large-scaled, youthful Yquem appears set to take its place among the most legendary vintages of the past, and will age effortlessly for 75+ years. Anticipated maturity: 2010-2100+."
WINE SPECTATOR 100 POINTS -"The greatest young Yquem I have ever tasted from bottle. Yellow, with a golden hue and an almost green tint. Intense aromas of botrytis, spices and blanched almonds follow through to honey, maple syrup, dried apricot and pineapple. Full-bodied, sweet, thick and powerful, with layers of fruit and a bright, lively finish. Coats the palate yet remains exciting. So balanced and refined, showing the pedigree that only this Sauternes estate can deliver. Best after 2012. *Collectibles - Ranked #10 in Top 100 Wines of 2005*"
WINE SPECTATOR 100 POINTS -"What a pure wine, with honey, caramel, cooked apple, bon bon, and pear tart. Dried apricots and peaches develop with time in the glass. What a palate, it is very sweet and rich at the impact, but then it’s dense and opulent like a Grand Cru Burgundy, think Montrachet. Apples, honey, and pineapples with hints of mango on the palate. This is an incredible wine, a real dream, a legend. 150 grams of RS."
- Item #: i_351600Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Vinous Media: 96VINOUS 93-96 POINTS - "(93-96) (vinified with two-thirds whole clusters and aged in 60% new oak; no frost damage here but the yield was just under 40 hectoliters per hectare): Healthy dark red. Explosive aromas of black raspberry, cocoa powder and espresso. Wonderfully sweet and savory, offering very intense yet silky flavors of black raspberry and minerals framed by harmonious acidity. Really outstanding inner-mouth energy and definition here! The resounding finish features firm, chalky tannins and terrific length and lift. This wine comes from vines at the top of this premier cru on hard limestone.
WINE ADVOCATE 93-95 POINTS - "The 2016 Vosne-Romanee 1er Cru Les Malconsorts includes two-thirds whole cluster and 55% new oak. It has a deep color and a very complex bouquet with blackberry, raspberry coulis, iris and touches of woodland, all reticent at first but unfolding with time in the glass. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin and a fine line of acidity, fresh and vibrant with a gentle but insistent grip on the saline finish. It is a structured Malconsorts that deserves several years in bottle. This is on par with the excellent 2015 Malconsorts."
- Item #: i_334048Bottle Size: 750MLDecanter: 94DECANTER, TIM ATKIN 94 POINTS - "The Seysses family are more readily associated with Morey-St-Denis than Vosne-Romanée, but they make some impressive wines in the latter village, too. This compact, savoury, plushly textured premier cru has 85% whole-bunch fruit and 60% new wood. It shows flavours of blueberry, raspberry and black cherry fruit with some peppery spice and balancing acidity."
Drinking Window 2023 - 2030
- Item #: i_350375Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 94BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS - "A discreet, even shy nose offers up attractively fresh and ultra-pure notes of citrus, honeysuckle, white peach and a hint of acacia blossom. There is excellent delineation to the intense, equally pure and seductive middle weight flavors that possess good verve and plenty of minerality on the solidly persistent finish that delivers outstanding depth. This elegant beauty is a refined mix of punch and finesse."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 - 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Pucelles wafts from the glass with aromas of spring flowers, white peach, lemon, pastry cream and blanched almonds. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, elegantly textural but tangy, with a pure, fine-boned profile. It was quite reserved when I tasted it, so I suspect it only needs time to take on the breadth and dimension that characterize a great Pucelles, but for now, the wine is quite tensile and linear."
- Item #: i_333537Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 91-94 POINTS: "A slightly more elegant if still deeply pitched nose features aromas of red and dark raspberry, earth, floral nuances and an interesting hint of smoked meat. Consistent with the elegance of the nose the medium-bodied flavors are a bit finer as well though they certainly don't lack for power, punch and concentration, indeed this is even more firstly structured and the tannic spine makes it indisputably clear that this is going to be a long-distance runner.'
- Item #: i_350409Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Delivers lots of tanned leather and spices, with very ripe fruit, from dried strawberry to raisin, turning to jam. Full-bodied, offering a very fresh palate of exotic fruit, currant and raisin as well as silky and polished tannins. So long and beautiful. Why wait? But it has a long life ahead."
- Item #: i_311357Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 100ROBERT PARKER 100 POINTS -"The 2009 Ducru Beaucaillou will eclipse the brilliant wines produced in 2005, 2003 and 2000. It will be interesting to see how the 2009 fares against the 2010 after twenty years of aging, but my money is on the 2009. A blend of 85% Cabernet Sauvignon and 15% Merlot that achieved 13.5% natural alcohol, this inky purple, unctuous wine possesses classic aromas of graphite, creme de cassis, blueberries, violets, licorice and Christmas fruitcake. Full-bodied and intense with Ducru’s inimitable elegance and purity, it should firm up in the bottle after 7-10 years of cellaring and last for 40-50 years. Magnificent! "
- Item #: i_321839Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS-"The NV Fleur de Miraval Exclusivement Rosé 1 is the first release from a new Champagne house formed as a partnership between Rodolphe Péters, Marc Perrin and Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt that focuses just on Rosé Champagne. In developing Fleur de Miraval, Péters and Perrin observed that they were generally not happy with the way most Rosé Champagnes age, especially the Pinot components, so they set out to create a Champagne that essentially blends young Pinot with Chardonnay from both the base vintage and older vintages. The debut release of Fleur de Miraval is 75% Chardonnay and 25% Pinot Noir. Chardonnay components are equal parts base vintage 2016, a perpetual reserve that goes back to 2007 and bottled 2008 and 2009 Champagne purchased sur-lattes (already in bottle, but not disgorged). The Pinot Noir is from Vertus, just south of the Côte des Blancs, vinified as a saignée, and then added to a base of white wine.
In tasting, Fleur di Miraval is bright, taut and focused. The cranberry, orange zest, chalk and floral notes sizzle with energy. Not surprisingly, one of the inspirations for Fleur de Miraval is Krug Rosé, and that influence is evident in its style, weight and flavor profile. Because of its recent disgorgement, Fleur di Miraval is extremely tight, but it opens nicely over several hours. This is an impressive debut. It will be interesting to see what future releases bring. Dosage is 4.5 grams per liter.
- Item #: i_350063Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97-99ROBERT PARKER 97-99 POINTS:-"The inky black-colored 2013 Côte Rôtie La Landonne is certainly one of the gems in the vintage, and it has more texture, depth and richness than just about every other wine out there. Charred fruits, black, black fruits, espresso, crushed rock and wood smoke all emerge from this full-bodied, concentrated Côte Rôtie that certainly shows a masculine style, yet still possesses incredible purity and elegance."