- Item #: i_350312Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+WINE ADVOCATE 93 + POINTS: "The 2016 Lirac Domaine du Clos de Sixte is a terrific wine, easily the rival to many Châteauneufs from across the river, starting with its alluring aromas of flowering garrigue and ripe cherries. A blend of 50% Grenache, 35% Syrah and 15% Mourvèdre, this full-bodied wine is lush and concentrated on the palate, then turns velvety on the long finish. I'd treat it like a Châteauneuf du Pape in terms of cellaring: hold it for a few years, then drink it over the next 15. - Joe Czerwinski" - Robert Parker's Wine Advocate (Issue 233, October 2017), 93+ pts
Alain Jaume Domaine du Clos de Sixte Lirac is made from 50% Grenache, 35% Syrah, 15% Mourvedre
- Item #: i_351780Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Located at the foot of the village of Rasteau between the towns of Orange and Vaison-la-Romaine, Domaine Beau Mistral is comprised of 28 hectares (70 acres) covering several appellations from the southern Rhône Valley and is rightly situated next to such famous crus from the region such as Châteauneuf du Pape and Gigondas.
After being passed through destemming machine, the grapes are added to tanks where the temperature is closely monitored throughout the fermentation, which lasts several weeks. Pumping-over and some gentle punching-down take place in order to preserve the wine’s fruit and suppleness.
Ageing: 100% in tank.
Food pairing: This wine pairs exceptionally well with red meats and dishes such as roasted veal with morel mushrooms, herb-crusted ribs and cheeses.
WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "With its complex aromas of spice and red fruit, the 2016 Cairanne Les Garrigues is a knockout. Plus, it's medium to full-bodied, plump and succulent, with supple tannins and terrific freshness. It never seems heavy or alcoholic. Drink now to 2025."
- Item #: i_333501Bottle Size: 750MLJeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsWe're excited to be able to offer one of our customer's favorite wines at great price! We sell cases upon cases of Dave Phinney's delicious wines from around the world, but now is a great time to stock up on the newly arrived 2016 vintage of D66. This is a hedonistic 95 Point wine Jeb Dunnuck calls a "bonafide blockbuster" which is "rich, opulent and decadent." We couldn't say it any better.
D66 is a blend of 80% Grenache and 20% Syrah which displays great depth and concentration. This crowd-pleasing wine dials up the intensity and boasts a round, rich texture with supple tannins and ripe blueberry, blackberry and kirsch flavors which are deeply satisfying.
D66 comes from the brilliant mind of Dave Phinney who is the creative genius behind the Orin Swift wines. Phinney has developed an almost cult-like following with his string of successes, which began with "The Prisoner" red blend. Although this put him on the map, Phinney has continued to create highly sought after labels such as Mercury Head, Palermo, Papillon, Abstract and Machete. The secret to his success lies in his ability to make bold and juicy wines, which have silky smooth tannins and are approachable upon release.
More recently, Phinney has focused his efforts on making wines in the Roussillon region of France. This region in the Southwest corner of France lies within Department 66, which serves as the inspiration and namesake for the winery and his vineyards in the town of Maury.
When Phinney first gazed upon these old vine vineyards, he couldn't believe his eyes. In his words, "When I awoke, what I saw was insane. I looked out my bedroom window and saw one of the steepest, oldest vineyards I had ever laid eyes on. I was in - hook, line and sinker. If this is what I could see from my bedroom, what else was out there? They were, perhaps the most amazing confluence of vineyards I've ever been exposed to."
He immediately set out to explore the area and purchased some terrific vineyards, which are the source of the grapes for this wine. As they say, the rest is history. Today, these wines are better than ever, boasting a refinement of flavor and texture that is seriously pleasing. This full-bodied, rich and lushly palated wine will satisfy those who enjoy Dave Phinney's other wines as it is definitely made in his "house style."
Fans of David Phinney and Orin Swift will be very pleased with this blockbuster, which has to be one of our greatest values in the store. Enjoy!
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "The 2016 Cotes Catalanes D66 is a bonafide blockbuster from winemaker Richard Case that does everything right. Loaded with notions of ripe blackberry and currant fruits, chocolate, ground pepper, licorice, and leafy herbs, this puppy hits the palate with full-bodied richness and depth yet stays nicely balanced and light on its feet. Rich, opulent, and decadent are the buzzwords here, and it should keep for 7-8 years. The blend is 80% Grenache and 20% Syrah aged 12 months in barrel."
- Item #: i_353643Bottle Size: 750mlORGANICALLY FARMED-NO SULFUR ADDED
This beautiful Cairanne has a magical bouqet of strawberries. Very soft and easy drinking.
- Item #: i_353220Bottle Size: 750mlThe Saouma’s purchased a desolate plot of land in Orange in 2011. A minimal intervention approach combined with the image of the original barren land inspired the name of the wine, INOPIA, which translates to “made from nothing” in Latin. Rotem & Mounir’s white wines are breathtaking and the Côtes du Rhône Villages Blanc is no exception, following the similar philosophy of exceptional terroir paired with high quality, low yielding fruit that remains undisturbed for 18 months after fermentation with the resulting wine bottled unfiltered and unfined. The blend is mostly Grenache Blanc, along with a touch of Roussanne, Marsanne, Bourboulenc, Clairette and Viognier grapes. Intensely perfumed and vibrant nose of citrus, flowers and an almost salty note. The palate continues with the intensity of flavours and structure and with a beautifully balanced freshness.
- Item #: i_353287Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 92-94 POINTS: "The 2016 Rasteau Vieilles Vignes was one of my favorites in the lineup and this beauty has everything you could want from this appellation. Chocolate, black fruits, espresso and graphite aromas give way to a ripe, building, concentrated 2016 that has fabulous purity. It has plenty of tannins as well, but they’re mostly covered by loads of fruit at the moment. Give bottles 2-3 years and enjoy through 2026"