- Item #: i_351292Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91Vinous Media: 92VINOUS 92 POINTS -- "Deep, bright-hued violet. Fresh dark berries, candied flowers, allspice and a hint of blood orange on the expansive nose. Sappy and appealingly sweet, offering pliant cherry and black raspberry flavors that deepen and spread out quickly with air. Delivers a suave blend of power and finesse and finishes very long and smooth, with bright, mineral-driven thrust, silky tannins and lingering floral and spice notes."
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "Richer, more voluptuous and larger-scaled than its 2017 counterpart, the 2018 Brouilly Reverdon unfurls with a ripe bouquet of mulberries, blackberries and licorice. On the palate, it's full-bodied, ample and fleshy, with broad shoulders and a generous, expressive profile."
- Item #: i_354043Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2019 Morgon Bellevue Sable is showing beautifully, wafting from the glass with aromas of raspberries, cherries, orange rind and plums. Medium to full-bodied, supple and succulent, it's bright and fleshy, with powdery tannins and a generous core of fruit, girdled by lively acids. Bottled only a week before I tasted it, I suspect it will perform even better with six months' bottle age. As readers will remember, this cuvée comes from younger vines, planted on Viala rootstock in sandy soils—as the "Sable" newly added to its label makes clear."
- Item #: i_352950Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90VINOUS 92 POINTS - "Vivid magenta. Expressive red/blue fruit aromas are complemented by suggestions of candied flowers, smoky minerals and baking spices. Juicy and expansive on the palate, offering intense black raspberry and boysenberry flavors that tighten up slowly on the back half. Finishes long and smooth, showing excellent clarity, well-knit tannins and resonating floral and mineral character."
WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "From vines in Quincié and named after Breton's daughter, the 2018 Beaujolais-Villages Cuvée Marylou reveals a lovely bouquet of cherries, citrus zest and strawberries. On the palate, it's medium."
- Item #: i_351449Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93VINOUS 93 POINTS - "Shimmering, youthful purple. Mineral-accented cherry and black raspberry aromas are underscored by a spicy element that builds as the wine opens up. Sappy and focused on the palate, offering appealingly sweet dark berry and spicecake flavors along with complicating suggestions of licorice and candied violet. The spice and floral notes build steadily through an impressively long, smooth finish, which is framed by harmonious tannins that fold slowly into the wine's intense fruit. Many of these vines are over a century old now."
- Item #: i_345398Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94We are thrilled to offer two fantastic Beaujolais from the exciting 2019 vintage. These refreshing red wines from Jean-Marc Burgaud immediately caught our attention when we tasted them and were blown away by the purity, intensity and freshness of the fruit.
We previously featured the Burgaud's Lantignie from the prior vintage and it was quickly snapped up by our savvy customers. This time, we were able to purchase the Lantignie as well as the Morgon Cote du Py. They are both delicious, satisfying examples of high-quality Beaujolais and offer tremendous value as well!
William Kelley of the Wine Advocate also loved both wines awarding the Lantignie 92 Points and calling it "one of the region's finest values." Lantignie is considered one of the best villages due to its hillsides and granite soil which produces a wine with a bright ruby color and a fresh and fruity nose. The vines range between 40 and 100 years of age.
The Morgon Cote du Py received a score of 94 Points with Kelley calling it "another of Burgaud's real successes this year." This wine offers increased depth, complexity and a very long finish. It is a tremendous example of the quality to be found at the Cru Beaujolais level. The Cote du Py is located on a hillside near the tiny village of Morgon. The vineyards average 50 years of age and are planted in rich soil of blue stones coming from decomposed schist.
Further praise followed with Kelley stating, "The more I taste Jean-Marc Burgaud's wines, the more I find to admire. A winemaker at the peak of his powers, Burgaud has abandoned new oak in favor of seasoned wood, and extraction is more measured than in the past, with his classical semi-carbonic macerations ranging from between seven and 15 days in duration, depending on the cuvee. And there's just one bottling of each wine, making for rare consistency."
Winemaking is traditional at this domaine with Jean-Marc practicing organic and refusing to use chemical fertilizers or insecticides. He respects the land, plowing the soil and harvesting by hand. The finest grapes are selected with whole bunch maceration taking place in vats (both stainless steel and concrete vats are employed) followed by aging in used wood.
The popularity of Gamay from Beaujolais increases every year. What's not to like with beautiful, juicy fruit such as dark cherries framed by silky tannins? Beaujolais is a fantastic medium-bodied culinary partner and is often served with turkey, chicken and traditional fare served during the holidays. It is also deeply satisfying to enjoy on its own.
These wines are among the best you will find in Beaujolais and the quality to price ratio is hard to beat. We are happy to offer these eminently drinkable, refreshing Beaujolais at great prices.
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2019 Morgon Côte du Py has turned out beautifully, delivering an inviting nose of smoky black cherries, cassis and licorice. Medium to full-bodied, bright and lively, it's deep and concentrated, with a fleshy core of fruit underpinned by tangy acids. This is another of Burgaud's real successes this year."
- Item #: i_354206Bottle Size: 750mlCertified organic and practicing dynamic.
JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "Very attractive aromas of black cherries, brambleberries and wet earth follow through to a medium to full body with layers of fruit and a flavorful finish. Mushroom and dry-earth undertones at the end. A solid Beaujolais from a low-intervention artist. Drink now."