- Item #: i_351643Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Bouland's 2018 Chiroubles bursts with aromas of ripe blackberries, red plums, violets and cracked black pepper. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, ample and layered, with a succulent core of fruit, fine concentration and a long, lip-smacking finish. An especially gourmand rendition of this cuvée, it hails from a steep hillside site and is matured in tank."
- Item #: i_353650Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The entire contents of the five-year-old foudre that contains Bouland's 2018 Morgon Pré Jourdan were reserved by his US importer, so overseas consumers may have a hard time finding this superb wine, which hails from lieu-dit near the village in the direction of Fleurie. Aromas of blackberries and spices mingle with notes of rose petals, violets and potpourri in a bouquet that has taken on a discrete patina from its comparatively new foudre. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, layered and succulent, with fine and powdery tannins, ripe acids and a perfumed finish."
- Item #: i_353088Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS: "Unwinding in the glass with aromas of rose petals, sweet red cherries, dried flowers and ripe strawberries, the 2018 Fleurie Poncié is medium to full-bodied, lively and enveloping, with a charming, fruit-driven profile this year that tends to obscure its elegantly fine-boned tannic chassis. But don't be fooled, this is reliably one of Chermette's finest cuvées, and the 2018 rendition should evolve gracefully for 15 years or more."
- Item #: i_353036Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS: "The 2018 Moulin-à-Vent Les Trois Roches is also showing very well, exhibiting an inviting bouquet of black raspberries, spices, candied peel and peonies. On the palate, it's full-bodied, satiny and enveloping, with a deep and concentrated core of fleshy fruit that largely conceals the wines tannins. This is another terrific effort from Chermette in this gourmand, attractively immediate vintage."
- Item #: i_360689Bottle Size: 750mlThe wine is classic Foillard: smooth and seductive, with rose petals, red cherry, and a granite crunch to remind you of the noblesse of these slopes. Featuring vines from the communes of Lancie, Saint-Amour, Saint-Jean-d'Ardieres, Perreon, and Regnie-Durette, this is the real Beaujolais-Villages, further set apart from simpler Beaujolais by the touch of a master vigneron.
- Item #: i_334204Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2018 Moulin-à-Vent Dernier Souffle is showing beautifully, bursting with aromas of orange rind, blackberries, cherries and spices. Medium to full-bodied, velvety and layered, it's deep and concentrated, with notable mid-palate volume, tangy acids and powdery tannins. Long and penetrating, this is a fabulous wine from Richard Rottiers that's well worth seeking out."
- Item #: i_354149Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "From a lieu-dit that touches Fleurie, next to Alain Coudert's Clos de la Roilette, the 2018 Moulin-à-Vent Montperay from Richard Rottiers is showing superbly, wafting from the glass with aromas of cherries, rose petals, violets and spices. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, velvety and layered, with lively acids and superb concentration, conveying an impression of completeness and balance that ranks it—for my palate—as one of Rottiers's finest wines in the last handful of years."
- Item #: i_352532Bottle Size: 750mlSébastien and Charlotte Congretel named their 2.5 hectare Domaine L’Épicurieux after the Greek philosopher Epicurus, who taught that the object of life is balanced pleasure derived from tranquility and harmony. Not surprisingly, this is a very apt description for their balanced and highly pleasurable Beaujolais. After a career working on oil rigs, Sébastien decided in 2015 to become a vigneron in Beaujolais, where Charlotte’s family make wine. The couple acquired some parcels in Morgon and Régnié and made their first vintage in 2016. As befits a couple that adopted a Greek philosopher’s name, Sébastien and Charlotte follow a very thoughtful and principled approach to their viticulture. They adhere strictly to organic standards and are moving toward biodynamic certification. Even now, their Cru Beaujolais wines most assuredly qualify as “natural”.