- Item #: i_333891Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS: "A dense, well-structured style, yet with ample black cherry, blackberry, violet and iron flavors for balance. This red unfolds nicely, leaving a complex finish that introduces an accent of bittersweet chocolate. Excellent length."
BURGHOUND 93 POINTS "OUTSTANDING": "This is also quite ripe yet retains a lovely freshness to the cassis, black cherry, lavender and warm earth scents. There is excellent power and volume to the concentrated, intense and mouth coating big-bodied flavors that culminate in an impressively long and balanced finish. This possesses both good power and superb length and is absolutely one to consider."
- Item #: i_345020Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 94Burghound: 90-93BURGHOUND 94 POINTS "OUTSTANDING": "A discreet application of wood frames aromas that, much like the Epenots, are super-ripe yet manage to maintain reasonably good freshness to the poached plum and violet-scented nose. This too is nothing short of massively concentrated, ripe and sumptuously opulent with a subtle minerality that helps to add lift to the borderline thick and ever-so-slightly warm finish. This muscular effort is also most impressive in its fashion though it's absolutely one to buy and then forget you own it. *Outstanding*"
VINOUS 94 POINTS: "Good ruby-red. A distinctly different expression of Pommard from the Grand Clos des Epenots, with the nose dominated by darkest berries, minerals and chocolate. Densely packed and highly concentrated but less open to inspection than the Grand Clos des Epenots; very closed in on itself but already suggests outstanding complexity. Very broad, firm tannins saturate the entire palate and the very long, rising finish leaves the tongue glistening. Classic white-soil Rugiens: already complex on the nose but in need of cellaring to gain in pliancy and expand."
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS: "There’s plenty of black cherry, black currant and violet aromas and flavors in this red, along with a backbone of assertive, dusty tannins. All the elements are in the correct proportion, but just need time to integrate. The long aftertaste also indicates potential"
- Item #: i_334227Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 91 - 94 POINTS - "This too flirts with brett though in this case it is so subtle that I almost hesitate to mention it as it's very much a background element on the otherwise pungently earthy purple fruit and floral scents. The fresh, energetic and highly detailed middle weight plus flavors possess excellent concentration and minerality before concluding in a linear, intense and youthfully austere finish. Given that this is not in bottle it's hard to know what may be done and thus my range offers the benefit of the doubt."
VINOUS 91 - 93 POINTS - "(from old vines on white, rocky soil above Les Rugiens; vinified with 15% whole clusters): Bright medium red. Red berries and smoky minerality on the nose. Suave, seamless and intense, conveying a touch of medicinal austerity that brings freshness for the year. Finishes with firm, rising tannins and excellent lingering flavor intensity. Rossignol believes the wine's slightly roasted quality is a function of its minerality rather than from oak. And he noted that even if the pH here went as high as 3.8, he would not adjust the wine's acidity due to its chalky, saline character and inherent energy."
- Item #: i_353196Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94 PointsDecanter: 94 PointsDECANTER 94 POINTS - "From old vines in the famous Santenots vineyard, this Volnay is plush, deeply coloured and slightly atypical. As anticipated, there is the customary floral fragrance but on the palate, this is deep, profound and richer than expected. Despite the weight, this Volnay remains light on its feet, with intense dark cherry characters lifted by a touch of leafiness. Drinking well already, this will improve in bottle for many years." Drinking Window 2020 - 2030
- Item #: i_350830Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 92 - 94 POINTS - "This too is presently quite firmly reduced. Otherwise there is a similar mouth feel to the Caillerets with perhaps even more minerality present on the well-muscled and more powerful flavors that also coat the palate with dry extract on the wonderfully persistent if youthfully austere finish. This is a big but well-balanced Taillepieds that is also going to require extended cellaring before it's ready for prime time."