- Item #: i_334239Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 89-91 POINTS: "A hint of pain grillé is discernible on the more refined nose that displays essence of pear, citrus and white floral aromas. The refinement exhibited by the nose continues onto the textured and attractively intense medium-bodied flavors that possess a discreet minerality on the balanced, delicious and lingering finish. This is really quite good and worth a look."
- Item #: i_351992Bottle Size: 750mlThe vines are cultivated using non-certified organic methods
By ageing with just 20% in new barrels, and the rest in barrels that have held one, two or three wines, we preserve the unique character of the terroir. This is a Premier Cru with a nose of mimosa honey, Turkish Delight, followed by flowers, carnation-lilac-violet, bergamot-nutmeg spice… a mouthfeel of poached white fruits, grilled hazelnuts, white chocolate, sappy, sensual, an intense finish, long in the mouth.
- Item #: i_351512Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Aromas of cassis, dark plums, baking chocolate and rosehip introduce the 2016 Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru Clos de la Maréchale, a full-bodied, rich and layered wine with a broad-shouldered chassis of fine, stony tannins that are entirely enveloped in fleshy, gourmand fruit. This vintage is atypically rich and concentrated, so it's hard to predict if and when it will shut down."
VINOUS 93 POINTS - "(just over 14% alcohol; 40% of the crop was lost to frost): Bright red-ruby; the darkest of these 2016s. Also the fruitiest on the nose, with black cherry and dark raspberry aromas complemented by smoky minerality. Powerful, rich and chewy, showing good inner-mouth energy and savory complexity to its dense flavors of black cherry, dark chocolate and menthol. Finishes fresh, sweet and long, with tongue-saturating tannins that are more obvious than those of Mugnier's '16s from Chambolle-Musigny but essentially smooth. This wine reminded me of a 2015 in style, although today all of Mugnier's 2016s share some of the earlier vintage's full ripeness and volume."
BURGHOUND 92 POINTS - "This is appealingly super-fresh with its cool array of red currant, plum, earth and soft wisps of violet and lavender. The supple, round and utterly delicious medium-bodied flavors possess a really lovely mouthfeel thanks to the relatively fine-grained tannins that also shape the punchy, dusty and serious finale. I like the sense of harmony and this notably complex effort should be easily capable of rewarding 10 to 12 years of cellaring and holding for much longer."
- Item #: i_352738Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS 94 POINTS - "Pungent herbs, lemon zest and marzipan on the nose. Superb intensity and inner-mouth lift to the flavors of green apple, green flowers and green melon. Juicy, concentrated, sappy and very long, with a rising, echoing back end. Leaves behind a taste of oystery sea water. Excellent material here but not particularly high in acidity."
- Item #: i_351055Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2016 Corton Grand Cru Les Grandes Lolières Blanc is showing brilliantly from bottle, wafting from the glass with a deep and complex bouquet of crisp green pear, fresh peach, lemon oil, drawn butter, blanched almonds and wheat toast. On the palate, the wine is deep, full-bodied and textural, with an expressive core of fruit, racy acids and a long, penetrating finish. Integrated and intense, this is a beautiful 2016 white Burgundy."
VINOUS 93 POINTS - "(from the east side of the hill): Ginger-spiced apple and wet rock on the nose; one feels the cool quality of the mother rock as well as a sunny element. Very fresh and penetrating but harmonious from the start, with a subtle sweetness and complex minerality to its flavors of apple, spices and fresh herbs. Not yet showing huge dimension but this wine tastes more finished than many of the top 2016s here. This long, tactile grand cru should give relatively early pleasure but its dusty extract suggests that it will evolve gracefully."
- Item #: i_352736Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS 93 POINTS - "Bright but slightly cloudy yellow. Slightly oxidative on the nose, as it’s still working. Then shockingly ripe and fresh on the palate, with a touch of sweetness virtually neutralized by penetrating appley acidity. Wonderfully broad but still youthfully disjointed; this tastes like a nine-month-old wine. Not at all a tropical style of Porusot, due in part to its strong acidity. It’s hard to scrape this very long wine off the palate."
- Item #: i_349990Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS, STEPHEN TANZER 92 - 94 POINTS - " Still a bit cloudy. A syrup of yellow fruits on the reticent nose (Saouma referred to Folatières as "the Condrieu of Burgundy"). At once thick, pure and dry, with strong mineral thrust giving precision to the middle palate. There's a stony spring water note here from the mother rock. This very dry, serious Folatières finishes wonderfully stony and salty, with strong dry extract and outstanding floral lift--almost austere on the end following the syrupy nose. Not at all an outsized wine but this is still expanding. I have little doubt that it will turn out to be a more serious wine than many early-bottled 2016s from this vineyard."
- Item #: i_350628Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 91BURGHOUND 96 POINTS: "Sweet Spot! Outstanding!"An overtly smoky nose features exotically spiced aromas of tea, pear, apple and acacia blossom. The beautifully detailed, stony and delicious flavors possess a highly sophisticated mouth feel before concluding in a beautifully persistent finish. A classic Genevrières of style and grace."
- Item #: i_352364Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "This cuvée is typically the most fragrant and open-knit of Ramonet's premiers crus, and the 2016 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Boudriotte is no exception. Wafting from the glass with aromas of citrus blossom, Meyer lemon and green orchard fruit, it's medium-bodied, pure and satiny, with a broad, elegant profile that eschews any success. It's a particular success this year."
- Item #: i_333870Bottle Size: 750MLSTEPHEN TANZER 90 POINTS - "Tangy aromas of peach and fresh apricot. Salty, tactile and energetic on the palate; tighter and more sharply delineated than the basic Puligny-Montrachet villages, showing more mineral tension and energy. Not at all a fat style of 2016."
- Item #: i_334112Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Wafting from the glass with aromas of buttered orchard fruit, ripe lemons and blanched almonds, the 2016 Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru is full-bodied, deep and concentrated, with a broad-shouldered, powerful profile, chewy structuring dry extract and racy acids, concluding with a long and penetrating finish. This is a very persuasive wine from Girardin."
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "A powerful yet reserved white, exhibiting spice-tinged peach, apple and lemon flavors, with a stony undertow. The vibrant structure keeps this focused, while the finish is long, evoking peach, mineral and spice notes. Mouthwatering."