- Item #: i_377891Bottle Size: 750MLIMPORTER'S NOTES-" Ages in barrel for 6 months and in bottle for 10 years before release • Current disgorgement: November 2016 (2005 Vintage) • Dosage 5 grams/liter • The Annonciade bottling is an hommage to an ancestor of the Bara family. In 1833, Annonciade, daughter of a winemaker from Bouzy, married Auguste François Bara, a young cooper from a neighboring village. Jules Bara, their son, constructed the first cellar at Champagne Paul Bara. This cuvée symbolizes the perfect marriage between vigneronne and cooper.
- Item #: i_377332Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94James Suckling: 93WINE ADVOCATE 97+ POINTS-Bollinger's 2008 La Grande Année is superb, wafting from the glass with aromas of crisp orchard fruit, ripe lemons, honeycomb, warm biscuits, dried white flowers and a delicate top note of walnuts and fino sherry. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, broad and vinous, with a beautifully refined mousse, superb concentration at the tightly wound core, incisive acids and a supremely elegant intermingling of Bollinger's oxidative stylistic signatures with fresh, vibrant fruit. The finish is long, precise and chalky. This is a Grande Année built for the cellar—the real excitement will come with a bit more bottle age—but this is already a thrilling Champagne in the making. Finished with eight grams per liter dosage, it was disgorged by hand in July 2018. This is also the first vintage of Grande Année to be bottled in Bollinger's new narrower-necked 1846 bottle, which should make for a slower evolving wine."
- Item #: i_376004Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Spectator: 93JOSH RAYNOLDS 91 POINTS-"(one-third each Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier; 11 g/l dosage;...: Light, bright orange. Intensely perfumed scents of raspberry, orange zest, white flowers and chalky minerals. Juicy and precise in the mouth, offering vibrant red berry and blood orange flavors and a complicating hint of brioche. The floral quality comes back strong on the very long, incisive finish, which features a subtle anise quality and smoky minerality. About 20% of the Pinot Noir here was in the form of still red wine."
- Item #: i_373614Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS-"An elegant Champagne, powered by a sculpted frame of acidity and minerality, this wears the refined, lacy mousse and well-meshed flavors of black currant, lemon curd, toast and marzipan like finely tailored clothing. Fresh and lasting, with hints of spice and smoke on the finish. Disgorged August 2016. Drink now through 2033." (11/18)
- Item #: i_377551Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS-"There's power to this graceful Champagne, with the vivid acidity swathed in a fine, creamy mousse and flavors of toasted brioche, kumquat, pastry cream, candied ginger and poached plum that dance across the palate. An underpinning of smoky mineral gains momentum on the lasting finish. Drink now through 2033."
ANTONIO GALLONI 98+ POINTS-"The 2008 Dom Pérignon is fabulous, but quite remarkably, it was even more open when I tasted it a year ago. Bright, focused and crystalline in its precision, the 2008 is going to need a number of years before it is at its best. Lemon peel, white flowers, mint and white pepper give the 2008 its chiseled, bright profile. Several recent bottles have all been magnificent. What I admire most about the 2008 is the way it shows all the focus, translucence and energy that is such a signature of the year, and yet it is also remarkably deep and vertical. In other words, the 2008 is a Champagne that plays in three dimensions."
- Item #: i_377663Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "Gosset's 2004 Extra Brut Celebris is a powerful, bracing wine. Pinot Noir-infused red stone fruits, dried leaves, mint, herbs and spice notes, along with the low dosage, give the wine its distinctive combination of power, breadth and raciness. The 2004 needs a bit of time for the bouquet to open up, but when they do, the wine is quite expressive. Now 12 years after the vintage, the 2004 Celebris offers a good bit of aromatic and flavor intensity, with the slightly mature notes that are typical for a wine of this age. Chamomile, honey and lightly roasted almond are some of the nuances that linger through to the creamy, expansive finish..." (12/16) Established in 1584, Gosset lays claim to be the oldest wine house in Champagne. Thanks to Jean-Pierre Mareigner, its masterful chef de cave of 32 years, the Gosset style of no malo, crystalline structure and profound longevity remains as intact as ever. This 2004 “Celebris” is another of his masterpieces that is just now hitting full stride.
- Item #: i_377240Bottle Size: 1.5LVery broad and rich compared with the other wines in this line-up of growers' champagnes. Quite incredible to think that this is an Extra Brut in view of the richness on the palate. Clean, refreshing, fabulous! Very long.
JancisRobinson.com, For people who love good wines!
- Item #: i_338810Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 97Wine Enthusiast: 96 PointsJAMES SUCKLING 97 POINTS - "A fantastic prestigious cuvée this year with a solid core of fruit that makes it so serious and structured. Like a grand cru Burgundy. Full body. Lightly chewy. Phenolic tension gives it form and beauty. This is the first year to use numbers. 55% chardonnay and 45% pinot noir. 2004, 2002 and 1999. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_377462Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 90WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The label is terribly pink but the color salmon rose and the bouquet of the 2013 Special Club Grand Cru Brut Rose is absolutely delicate and subtle on both nose and palate. Bright flavors of raspberries, roses and red currant lead to an elegant, fine, well balanced and absolutely delicate and serious Rosé Vintage Champagne, which exemplary reflects the purity and freshness of the 2013 vintage as well as the expressive house style."
- Item #: i_352070Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 95 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 95 POINTS - "The iconic Belle Epoque bottle reveals a well-structured, taut wine. With Chardonnay very much in evidence in the mineral texture, the wine is almost as floral as the bottle. Drink from 2021."
- Item #: i_375324Bottle Size: 750MLTYSON STELZER THE CHAMPAGNE GUIDE 94 POINTS-"(disgorged March 2018; 39% Chardonnay, 61% Pinot Noir; 37% fermented and aged in oak barrels; no malolactic fermentation; aged 9 years on lees; 4.25g/L dosage; 19,805 bottles). Philipponnat is astute in rolling out its barrels to suit the season, pulling back from 73–75% oak fermentation in 2007 and 2008 to a restrained 37% in the presence of the 2009 harvest. With a gold tint to its medium straw hue, the grand power and volume of this ripe harvest make for a cuvée of thundering proportions. Generous, mature yellow fruits jostle with the roast nut character of barrel fermentation. This warm season furnished low levels of gentle malic acidity, hence its definition owes more to the fine chalk minerality of the site. It’s inimitable Clos des Goisses of other-worldly dimensions. (2020-2021)"
ANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS-"The 2009 Clos des Goisses has been very tight in two recent tastings, which is probably a very good thing for its long-term prospects, but less so for readers seeking the immediacy that is common in so many 2009 Champagnes. White flowers, orchard fruit, mint white pepper and citrus peel add to the wine’s bright profile. Readers should plan on being extremely patient, as the 2009 Goisses does not show much, if any, early appeal, even if the density and textural persistence of the great years are both there. The 2009 is 61% Pinot Noir and 39% Chardonnay. Dosage is 4.5 grams per liter.
JOHN GILMAN 94 POINTS-"The very, very fine 2009 Clos des Goisses is more typical of what one expects from this wine in its youth, as the nose is far more reserved out of the blocks than the 2010 version. This wine was disgorged in March of 2018 and the cépages of sixty-one percent Pinot Noir and thirtynine percent chardonnay (a two-thirds Pinot to one-third Chardonnay blend is the goal here most years). The 2009 is nicely primary on the nose, offering up scents of pear, lovely red fruit tones, macadamia nut, a lovely base of soil, gentle smokiness and incipient notes of white flowers in the upper register. On the palate the wine is pure, full-bodied and nascently complex, with a rock solid core, lovely focus and grip, refined bubbles and outstanding length on the balanced and very promising finish. The palate seems a touch more open than the nose suggests and this wine will probably come forward fairly early for a Clos des Goisses, but will age long and beautifully on its exquisite balance. There is nothing blowsy about this racy 2009! 2025-2075."
- Item #: i_343230Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 97JOHN GILMAN 95 POINTS-"I reported on the 2002 Piper-Heidsieck Rare a year ago  and time does not seem to have touched it at all over the last twelve months, for if anything, this particular bottle seemed even younger than last year’s! The wine beautifully synthesizes the ripe fruit of ’02 with great structural integrity and seems likely to drink at its peak for at least another twenty years. The bouquet is a pure, complex blend of apple, white peach, a touch of leesiness, a great base of soil, fresh-baked bread, a touch of citrus peel and an overtly smoky topnote. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied, crisp and superbly detailed, with a fine core of fruit, elegant mousse, bright acids and excellent backend mineral drive on the long, vibrant and very classy finish. 2016- 2035+.
WINE SPECTATOR 97 POINTS - "A powerhouse, with verve to the finely cut, racy acidity, showing a sense of finesse and seamless integration of the firm frame. The silky texture carries layer upon layer of toasted brioche, currant and pear pâte de fruit flavors, with notes of grated ginger and coconut, cappuccino foam and spun honey. Mineral accents of smoke, ground spice and fleur de sel build on the long, echoing finish. Drink now through 2032."
For the seventh consecutive year Chef de Cave Regis Camus of Piper-Heidsieck has walked away with the prestigious International Wine Challenge’s Sparkling Winemaker of the Year Award. It seems only fitting that Champagne’s most awarded Winemaker would be the mind behind this year’s top Champagne release. Since joining Piper-Heidsieck in 1994, Camus has shepherded the house to great acclaim thanks to his expert blending skills, attention to detail and passion for quality. Over the years we have developed an acute suspicion of ornately packaged wines (and boy is this tête de cuvée ever dressed to the nines); however, this is definitely one of those rare instances where the Champagne is as lustrous as its gilded label. As the notes below attest, this Piper Rare ranks with the best of the best from the great Champagne class of 2002. It goes without saying that this handsomely adorned treasure would make a most impressive executive gift.
- Item #: i_373648Bottle Size: 750MLJOHN GILMAN 95 POINTS- "The 1999 Ployez-Jacquemart 'Liesse d’Harbonville' is its customary blend of seventy percent Chardonnay and thirty percent Pinot Noir, with all of the vins clairs barrel-fermented and aged for six months in the cellars in two and three year-old barrels. The wine does not undergo malolactic fermentation and is aged for more than twelve years on the lees prior to disgorgement. The 1999 bottling offers up a deep and very classy nose of pear, delicious apple, buttery overtones from the oak, brioche, crème patissière, complex minerality, a bit of hazelnut and a topnote of gentle smokiness. On the palate the wine is pure, full-bodied and very racy (from its non-malo personality), with a great core of fruit, broad shoulders (from the ’99 vintage’s ripeness), very refined mousse and stunning complexity on the very long, poised and perfectly balanced finish. The ripeness of 1999 is mostly felt here in terms of the breadth of the attack and the rock solid nature of the wine in the mid-palate, but I also get the sense that this fine vintage of Liesse d’Harbonville will mature on a faster track than wines such as the 1995 or 1996, and will probably be at its apogee within the next three or our years. It is a stellar example of the ’99 vintage. 2016-2025+. (May/Jun 2014)"
- Item #: i_364490Bottle Size: 1.5LWINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "A mouthwatering version, with a fine, lacy mousse and delicate flavors of poached apple, blackberry, beeswax and lemon confit underscored by a streak of smoky minerality that echoes on the finish. Drink now through 2019."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 90 POINTS - "Tasted from a half bottle, the rich and complex flavors of Brut La Francaise show just that extra touch of maturity. The wine has peach and almond flavors that contrast well with the taut, nervy edge. It's full in the mouth and ripe, and works well both as an aperitif and a food Champagne."
- Item #: i_377725Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Spectator: 90What better way to light up the night than with this Special Limited Edition Veuve Clicquot Brut Magnum? Pushing the anchor emblem on the water proof label starts a mini light show that will last six long hours. Another great Hi-Time Cellar exclusive.
- Item #: i_376776Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 94VINOUS MEDIA 94 POINTS - "A racy, exuberant wine, the 2009 Coeur de Cuvée offers up a super-appealing mélange of apricot, butter, baked apple tart and vanillin. The combination of the ripe, warm vintage along with fermentation and aging in small French oak barrels yielded an especially opulent Coeur de Cuvée with plenty of exotic and tropical overtones. The 2009 will be ready to drink with minimal cellaring."