- Item #: i_353018Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The last vintage that will appear under the old Boisson-Vadot label is the 2016 Meursault Les Chevalières, a lovely wine that wafts from the glass with aromas of crisp yellow orchard fruit, orange oil, iodine and toasted nuts. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, firm and chiseled, with a tensile spine of acidity and a chalky, mouthwatering finish."
- Item #: i_351598Bottle Size: 750mlThe vineyards are farmed organically. The only thing David Croix doesn’t like in 2016 is the lack of volume. He was full of praise for the quality of the vintage, explaining that the grapes were very healthy at harvest despite the difficult season, and said the aromas in the winery during fermentation were glorious. He describes the wines as “harmonious, with nothing that is out of balance”. No Bourgogne was made this year, there are tiny volumes of village wines and several of the Beaune Premiers Crus have been blended to make a single wine. In fact, only Corton-Charlemagne has achieved anything like a normal yield. This has delicious red fruit and almost endless strawberry and juicy cherry flavours- although this is not a massive wine. The 60-year-old vines are planted on shallow topsoil with lots of iron oxide which gives the dense tannic structure.
- Item #: i_334239Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 89-91 POINTS: "A hint of pain grillé is discernible on the more refined nose that displays essence of pear, citrus and white floral aromas. The refinement exhibited by the nose continues onto the textured and attractively intense medium-bodied flavors that possess a discreet minerality on the balanced, delicious and lingering finish. This is really quite good and worth a look."
- Item #: i_351992Bottle Size: 750mlThe vines are cultivated using non-certified organic methods
By ageing with just 20% in new barrels, and the rest in barrels that have held one, two or three wines, we preserve the unique character of the terroir. This is a Premier Cru with a nose of mimosa honey, Turkish Delight, followed by flowers, carnation-lilac-violet, bergamot-nutmeg spice… a mouthfeel of poached white fruits, grilled hazelnuts, white chocolate, sappy, sensual, an intense finish, long in the mouth.
- Item #: i_351266Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "A rich style, with lemon cake, apple and sweet spice flavors buoyed by vivid acidity. There is concentration and intensity midpalate, and the finish lingers, concluding on a mineral note. Drink now through 2024. 50 cases imported."
BURGHOUND 92 POINTS - "This is also quite reduced and unreadable. Otherwise there is fine richness to the seductively textured and caressing middle weight flavors that display more obvious minerality on the mildly austere, bone dry and focused finale where a hint of wood surfaces."
- Item #: i_350948Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94Vinous Media: 92-94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "This white starts out rich and creamy, offering lemon cake, peach, spring blossom and pastry flavors, gaining focus on the finish, where the vibrant structure emerges. Fine length."
VINOUS 92 - 94 POINTS - "(just 25 hectoliters per hectare produced, due to frost and some incidence of mildew and oidium): Pale yellow. Musky ripe peach and wild flowers on the nose and palate. Distinctly salty, tactile and energetic, conveying a strong impression of site character. The mid-palate fruit is currently a bit suppressed but this energetic wine builds slowly on the back end and saturates the palate with saline minerality."
BURGHOUND 91 - 94 POINTS - "A ripe yet cool and airy nose is comprised by notes of green apple, citrus zest, pear and once again, plenty of floral influence. The notably rich and generously proportioned flavors exude both minerality and salinity on the beautifully complex finale. Despite the richness the mid-palate mouth feel is actually based more on finesse and refinement than usual. Excellent."
- Item #: i_351915Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 99JAMES SUCKLING 99 POINTS: "The complexity and sheer magnitude of Montrachet is on full show here. A powerful expression of the largest holdings in the Puligny side of the vineyard. Grilled hazelnuts, grilled peaches, grapefruit and lemon citrus, as well as a layer of spiced nougat-like aromas. There’s a very long, concentrated and dense palate that starts out cloaked in flavors of rich peaches and glossy fruits. The flavors then peel away in layers as it sits on the palate, revealing a very focused, refined and essence-like citrus core with tremendous elegance and intensity. Drink or hold through the next decade. Or even longer if you desire."
BURGHOUND 95 POINTS: "DON'T MISS!"A strikingly pretty and layered nose reflects notes of mineral reduction, citrus peel, acacia blossom, spice and essence of green apple. There is excellent freshness and terrific intensity to the big-bodied and tautly muscular flavors that brim with impressive amounts of dry extract on the balanced and explosively long finish that really fans out as it sits on the palate. This is very much still a work in progress and I would recommend not touching a bottle for at least 5 years and 12 to 15 would be better."
- Item #: i_351055Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Vinous Media: 93WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2016 Corton Grand Cru Les Grandes Lolières Blanc is showing brilliantly from bottle, wafting from the glass with a deep and complex bouquet of crisp green pear, fresh peach, lemon oil, drawn butter, blanched almonds and wheat toast. On the palate, the wine is deep, full-bodied and textural, with an expressive core of fruit, racy acids and a long, penetrating finish. Integrated and intense, this is a beautiful 2016 white Burgundy."
VINOUS 93 POINTS - "(from the east side of the hill): Ginger-spiced apple and wet rock on the nose; one feels the cool quality of the mother rock as well as a sunny element. Very fresh and penetrating but harmonious from the start, with a subtle sweetness and complex minerality to its flavors of apple, spices and fresh herbs. Not yet showing huge dimension but this wine tastes more finished than many of the top 2016s here. This long, tactile grand cru should give relatively early pleasure but its dusty extract suggests that it will evolve gracefully."
- Item #: i_352736Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93VINOUS 93 POINTS - "Bright but slightly cloudy yellow. Slightly oxidative on the nose, as it’s still working. Then shockingly ripe and fresh on the palate, with a touch of sweetness virtually neutralized by penetrating appley acidity. Wonderfully broad but still youthfully disjointed; this tastes like a nine-month-old wine. Not at all a tropical style of Porusot, due in part to its strong acidity. It’s hard to scrape this very long wine off the palate."
- Item #: i_334112Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Wafting from the glass with aromas of buttered orchard fruit, ripe lemons and blanched almonds, the 2016 Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru is full-bodied, deep and concentrated, with a broad-shouldered, powerful profile, chewy structuring dry extract and racy acids, concluding with a long and penetrating finish. This is a very persuasive wine from Girardin."
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "A powerful yet reserved white, exhibiting spice-tinged peach, apple and lemon flavors, with a stony undertow. The vibrant structure keeps this focused, while the finish is long, evoking peach, mineral and spice notes. Mouthwatering."