- Item #: i_376417Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93The Avizoise is made from Les Robards and Voie d'Epernay, fermented in neutral 600-liter barrels and bottled with four grams of dosage.
- Item #: i_352596Bottle Size: 750mlBenjamin Leroux started his negociant business in 2007 after he left Domaine Comte Armand, his sizeable estate is located just outside of the Beaune ‘ring’ D470 (or as I like to call it, the Beaune ‘M25’). Even though this Maison is a fairly big operation in terms of total production size, he usually only produces a couple of barrels of each cuvee. Benjamin sources his grapes through 3 methods, 1) manages the vineyards (mostly organic/ biodynamic) / works closely with growers and picks the grapes, 2) buys the grapes from growers and, 3) his own vineyards (i.e. Meursualt Genevrieves, etc). Benjamin Leroux never buys juice/ wine as the quality tends to be unreliable and there is no guarantee the wines are what they say they are.
- Item #: i_353018Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The last vintage that will appear under the old Boisson-Vadot label is the 2016 Meursault Les Chevalières, a lovely wine that wafts from the glass with aromas of crisp yellow orchard fruit, orange oil, iodine and toasted nuts. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, firm and chiseled, with a tensile spine of acidity and a chalky, mouthwatering finish."
- Item #: i_353336Bottle Size: 750mlPasses of first smoky notes, evoking toasted sesame and flint, it is indeed the spring freshness that illuminates this elegant and intense Folatières. Lemon zest, honeysuckle, apple blossom, a mineral touch evoking the wet pebble, an iodized nuance of oyster shell, fresh hazelnut, wild mint and coriander: the bouquet, versatile as desired, shows a great distinction. A few brioche touches and a delicate nuance of acacia honey provide just the right amount of gluttony, while the fruit expresses itself in all its truth, with frank flavors of pear, Reinette apple and nectarine. If still very young, this Puligny 1 er Cru Folatières has a dense material but perfectly sheathed by a stimulating acidity, with lemony flavors. Let there be no mistake: there is a huge underlying structure, with fat and lamb's lettuce, which requires only a few years in the cellar to unfold fully and nest perfectly with this ubiquitous mineral tension.
- Item #: i_353240Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91-93WINE ADVOCATE 91 - 93 POINTS - "Since there are only two barrels of the 2017 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Champs Gain, the wine was still in wood on its lees, and as a result its framing of oak was a little more pronounced than most of the other cuvées in the cellar, with notes of smoke and wheat toast mingling with its bouquet of green apple, Anjou pear and Meyer lemon. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, satiny and layered, with bright acids and a succulent finish. Right now, it's deceptively open-knit, but I suspect it will tense up after a second winter on the lees and render this note somewhat conservative."
- Item #: i_350691Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOATE 93 POINTS - "The lovely 2017 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru La Maltroie reveals aromas of crisp green pear, honeycomb, fresh pastry and white flowers, followed by a medium to full-bodied, satiny but fine-boned palate that's elegant and precise. As I wrote last year, it combines some of the qualities of Chenevottes and Vergers."
- Item #: i_353243Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Chassagne-Montrachet Village is also showing brilliantly, opening in the glass with notes of citrus oil, fresh pear, white flowers and hazelnut. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, satiny and incisive, with racy acids, chalky structuring extract and a long, mineral finish. This is Moreau's largest cuvée by some margin, and it's a terrific introduction to the domaine style. What's more, I am still drinking the 2008 and 2010 vintages from my own cellar, so I can attest to how gracefully it ages."
- Item #: i_350690Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+Burghound: 90-92WINE ADVOCATE 93 + - "Wafting from the glass with scents of fresh pear, lemon zest, orange oil, toasted nuts and smoke, Moreau's 2017 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Vergers is medium to full-bodied, satiny and incisive, built around a racy spine of acidity and chalky structuring extract. Deep and penetrating, with the highest acidity and lowest pH in the cellar, this is an impeccably classic Vergers that will show well young but which is emphatically built to age."
- Item #: i_350689Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97WINE ADVOATE 97 POINTS - "The 2017 Chevalier-Montrachet Grand Cru is showing brilliantly, soaring from the glass with a lovely bouquet of lemon oil, white flowers, crushed chalk, orange zest, green apple and blanched almonds. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, deep and multidimensional, with an incisive spine of acidity, superb tension and back-end grip and a long, mineral finish. This is a magical Chevalier that realizes all the promise it hinted at in barrel."
- Item #: i_322656Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96BURGHOUND 95 POINTS "DON'T MISS" "This too is cool, pure and restrained with its notes of petrol and spice-inflected white orchard fruit aromas that are set off by just enough wood to notice. This is at once wonderfully sleek yet incredibly compact with its muscular, stony and tension-filled flavors that, like the Bâtard, are gorgeously long. This bone dry effort is very tightly wound and will require extended cellaring. Despite this, I would characterize this wine as a Montrachet of finesse."
WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS "From a parcel that neighbors Domaine Leflaive's the 2017 Montrachet Grand Cru wafts from the glass with notes of white flowers, Meyer lemon, mandarin oil, pastry cream and pear. On the palate, it's full-bodied, satiny textured and multidimensional, more enveloping but less dense than the Bâtard, while more controlled and delineated than the Criots. Succulent and long, it's a superb Montrachet that I would have loved to spend more time with."
- Item #: i_353016Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Boisson-Vadot, run by father and son team of Bernard and Pierre Boisson, is one of the rising stars in Mersault. The philosophy of the Domaine revolves around careful, hands-on vineyard management to coax the greatest potential of each vintage out of the various plots, and low-impact winemaking in the cellars that allows the unique terroir of each vineyard to surface. New oak is very minimal, no more than 30% for the top cuvées, and much more restraint in the village wines and in Bourgogne Blanc. Pierre Boisson produces a village Meursault from his grandmother’s vineyards (50 year old vines in the lieu-dits of Criots and Perchots) that is hailed an model wine for the appellation. The Domaine also crafts other bottlings, from three of the best lieux à dits in Meursault: Sous la Velle , Grands Charrons (planted in 1988) and Chevalières (planted in 1982). The Grands Charrons is the most expressive, intensely flavoured of the three. The Sous la Velle is a more elegant version of the Grand Charrons. The Chevalières is the most mineral-driven, with a more restraint fruit flavours in its youth but great ageing potential- More like premier crus than village wines. Finally, Boisson-Vadot makes a powerful yet charming Meursault Genevrières premier cru.
- Item #: i_353253Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 96Vinous Media: 96 PointsDecanter: 96 Points**Please note, this is a half sized bottleDECANTER 96 POINTS - "Outer quote mark Anyone who feared that quality would drop after a change of ownership at this historic domaine will be happy to know that this grand cru white is as good as ever. Blending components from three different terroirs and altitudes, it's an elegant, textured, saline white of incredible precision and understated power, with subtle toasty oak and undertones of jasmine and lemongrass."
WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "Outer quote mark The 2017 Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru is showing superbly from bottle, wafting from the glass with a complex and beautifully integrated bouquet of pear, citrus oil, toasted sesame, warm bread, oyster shell and white flowers. On the palate, it's full-bodied, layered and multidimensional, with a racy spine of acidity and superb concentration without weight, followed by a long, defined finish. Surpassing the high expectations I formed a year ago, this would appear to be the finest wine produced at Bonneau du Martray for over a decade."
BURGHOUND 91 - 94 POINTS - "Outer quote mark An elegant, pure and admirably fresh nose flashes notes of green apple, mineral reduction and white flower scents. The racy but lacy middle weight flavors possess both excellent detail and an abundance of minerality before culminating in a refreshing, dry and clean finish that is less austere than usual. This should age well over the next decade."
- Item #: i_345109Bottle Size: 750MLeROBERT PARKER 92-94 POINTS :"The 2013 Meursault 1er Cru les Perrières has an attractive austerity on the nose, well defined, and actually capturing the essence of Perrières better than some of the more famous producers. The palate is crisp and precise with a keen line of acidity, well-integrated oak and a touch of grilled walnut and salinity toward the long finish. Bravo! This is very well-executed Perrières."
BURGHOUND POINTS 92 "OUTSTANDING" :"A subtle application of wood easily allows the elegant, pure and airy aromas of floral, citrus and wet stone where a hint of Asian style tea lurks in the background. There is plenty of mineral character to the beautifully well-detailed, intense and delicious middle weight flavors that conclude in an impressively long and palate coating finish. This is not especially complex at present and I would suggest acquiring this only if you have the express intention of holding it for at least 5 years."
VINOUSMEDIA 91-93 POINTS :"Discreet nose hints at white flowers, rose petal and white pepper, with citrus peel in the deep background. Fine-grained and aromatic in the mouth, offering an intriguing blend of sweet and peppery elements and wet-stone minerality. Finishes classically dry and long, with soil-driven smoky, saline minerality." -- Stephen Tanzer
- Item #: i_353342Bottle Size: 750mlA brilliant golden color. There is a very perfumed floral nose of hawthorn mixed with aroma of almond paste and a touch of spices. The palate is big and well rounded with a rich intensity of vanilla and toast flavors. This wine represents a great persistence; it’s rich and expands offering a palate of beautiful complexity and density.
- Item #: i_350923Bottle Size: 750mlOne could say Bruno Clair is a vigneron’s vigneron. His wines are loved worldwide by those lucky enough to know them. But truly impressive is the respect he garners within Burgundy, where his fellow growers consider him one of the greatest of their ranks. They admire his attention to detail in the vineyard, his organic practices (even if he doesn’t bother with certification), and the long hours he and his crews put in. In the cellar, along with his longtime oenologist Philippe Brun (they have been called “the Batman and Robin of Marsannay”), Bruno produces wines that are loved for their purity of expression. They show no ego or even style, but just seem to be true to the essence of each individual vineyard.