- Item #: i_377891Bottle Size: 750MLIMPORTER'S NOTES-" Ages in barrel for 6 months and in bottle for 10 years before release • Current disgorgement: November 2016 (2005 Vintage) • Dosage 5 grams/liter • The Annonciade bottling is an hommage to an ancestor of the Bara family. In 1833, Annonciade, daughter of a winemaker from Bouzy, married Auguste François Bara, a young cooper from a neighboring village. Jules Bara, their son, constructed the first cellar at Champagne Paul Bara. This cuvée symbolizes the perfect marriage between vigneronne and cooper.
- Item #: i_377772Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Spectator: 92Vinous Media: 92James Suckling: 92ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "A model of total finesse, the NV Brut Reserve speaks in soft, hushed tones. Dried pear, smoke, herb and dried red stone fruit are nicely delineated, but it is the wine's exceptional balance and overall class that stand out most. Time in the glass brings out the wine's breadth and intensity as it fleshes out in all dimensions. This release is based on 2014, with 35% reserve wines. Dosage is 7 grams per liter."
- Item #: i_352887Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS-"Fermented in oak barrels and aged under natural corks for almost 13 years, Bollinger's 2004 R. D. Extra Brut blends 66% Pinot Noir with 34% Chardonnay from 16 crus, 88% of which are classified as Grand Cru. The wine opens with a very clear, deep, rich and aromatic but also pure and mineral-fresh nose of crushed rocks, cherries, brioche, pain aux raisin, white nougat, chalk and ripe, yellow-fleshed fruits. Highly elegant and complex on the weightless yet persistent and salty palate, this is an intense, densely woven, firmly structured yet elegant, beautifully refined and refreshing "recent disgorgement" (February 2018) that reveals just a kiss of oxidative flavors that adds even more complexity. A great Champagne on its way to improve over many years in the bottle. Tasted June 2018."-(06/2018)
- Item #: i_376004Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Spectator: 93JOSH RAYNOLDS 91 POINTS-"(one-third each Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier; 11 g/l dosage;...: Light, bright orange. Intensely perfumed scents of raspberry, orange zest, white flowers and chalky minerals. Juicy and precise in the mouth, offering vibrant red berry and blood orange flavors and a complicating hint of brioche. The floral quality comes back strong on the very long, incisive finish, which features a subtle anise quality and smoky minerality. About 20% of the Pinot Noir here was in the form of still red wine."
- Item #: i_373614Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS-"An elegant Champagne, powered by a sculpted frame of acidity and minerality, this wears the refined, lacy mousse and well-meshed flavors of black currant, lemon curd, toast and marzipan like finely tailored clothing. Fresh and lasting, with hints of spice and smoke on the finish. Disgorged August 2016. Drink now through 2033." (11/18)
- Item #: i_379114Bottle Size: 750mlJAMES SUCKLING 98 POINTS-A firm and vivid Champagne with a precise, focused palate. Full-bodied and dry. It’s very layered and bright with light pineapple, peach, praline, cooked-apple and stone aromas and flavors. It’s very subtle and focused at the end. Integrated with richness and high acidity. Good depth. Reminds me of the 1995. Very clean. Solid. Lovely to drink already, but will age nicely."(7/2020)
- Item #: i_377663Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "Gosset's 2004 Extra Brut Celebris is a powerful, bracing wine. Pinot Noir-infused red stone fruits, dried leaves, mint, herbs and spice notes, along with the low dosage, give the wine its distinctive combination of power, breadth and raciness. The 2004 needs a bit of time for the bouquet to open up, but when they do, the wine is quite expressive. Now 12 years after the vintage, the 2004 Celebris offers a good bit of aromatic and flavor intensity, with the slightly mature notes that are typical for a wine of this age. Chamomile, honey and lightly roasted almond are some of the nuances that linger through to the creamy, expansive finish..." (12/16) Established in 1584, Gosset lays claim to be the oldest wine house in Champagne. Thanks to Jean-Pierre Mareigner, its masterful chef de cave of 32 years, the Gosset style of no malo, crystalline structure and profound longevity remains as intact as ever. This 2004 “Celebris” is another of his masterpieces that is just now hitting full stride.
- Item #: i_376847Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 95WINE SPECTATOR 97 POINTS- A stunner, with mouthwatering vibrancy and focus married to all of the opulence of a great 2006 Champagne. Richly fragrant, offering nutmeg, cardamom, jasmine, lemongrass, espresso and grilled nut notes enmeshed in a core of black currant and tangerine fruit flavors. Beautifully creamy and complex, this glides across the palate on the long, lasting finish. Drink now through 2030."- (AN)(12/2019)
WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS-" Krug's superb 2006 Brut, which will be released this year, numbers among the vintage's high points, unfurling in the glass with a complex and expressive bouquet of tarte tatin, warm biscuits, ginger, honeycomb, dried white flowers, smoke and toasted nuts. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, broad and textural, with a fleshy attack that reflects the warm vintage but segues into a beautifully vibrant palate that's deep and surprisingly reserved, displaying superb definition, delicately chalky structure and a long, lively finish. While this is a powerful vintage Krug, it's also beautifully balanced and will give immense pleasure for decades."-(04/19)
- Item #: i_377240Bottle Size: 1.5LVinous Media: 94ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "Almond, dried flower, lemon confit, chamomile and mint are all laced together in a super-expressive, resonant Champagne that is firing on all cylinders today. Ample and enveloping, the Longitude is a wine of pure and total class. Longitude is 1005 Chardonnay taken from chalk and limestone-rich sites in Vertus, Cramant and Oger that sit at the same longitude. Of these, only Vertus is a 1er Cru village, as Cramant and Oger are both Grand Crus."
- Item #: i_338810Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 97Wine Enthusiast: 96JAMES SUCKLING 97 POINTS - "A fantastic prestigious cuvée this year with a solid core of fruit that makes it so serious and structured. Like a grand cru Burgundy. Full body. Lightly chewy. Phenolic tension gives it form and beauty. This is the first year to use numbers. 55% chardonnay and 45% pinot noir. 2004, 2002 and 1999. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_372984Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE ADVOCATE 97+ POINTS-"Aromas of clear honey, crisp green orchard fruit, white peach, pastry cream and dried white flowers introduce the 2012 Cristal, a full-bodied, concentrated and powerful wine that's built for the cellar. Broader, more textural and more muscular than the 2008 Cristal, with seemingly even greater reserves of structuring dry extract, the 2012 is incisive and searingly chalky. This is the first Cristal produced exclusively from organically farmed fruit, and it marks the opening of a new chapter for Louis Roderer. The blend is 60% Pinot Noir and 40% Chardonnay, vinified without malolactic fermentation and disgorged with 7.5 grams per liter dosage. Chef de Caves Jean-Baptiste Lecaillon has once again excelled himself."
- Item #: i_377462Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 90WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The label is terribly pink but the color salmon rose and the bouquet of the 2013 Special Club Grand Cru Brut Rose is absolutely delicate and subtle on both nose and palate. Bright flavors of raspberries, roses and red currant lead to an elegant, fine, well balanced and absolutely delicate and serious Rosé Vintage Champagne, which exemplary reflects the purity and freshness of the 2013 vintage as well as the expressive house style."
- Item #: i_352070Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 95WINE ENTHUSIAST 95 POINTS - "The iconic Belle Epoque bottle reveals a well-structured, taut wine. With Chardonnay very much in evidence in the mineral texture, the wine is almost as floral as the bottle. Drink from 2021."
- Item #: i_375324Bottle Size: 750MLTYSON STELZER THE CHAMPAGNE GUIDE 94 POINTS-"(disgorged March 2018; 39% Chardonnay, 61% Pinot Noir; 37% fermented and aged in oak barrels; no malolactic fermentation; aged 9 years on lees; 4.25g/L dosage; 19,805 bottles). Philipponnat is astute in rolling out its barrels to suit the season, pulling back from 73–75% oak fermentation in 2007 and 2008 to a restrained 37% in the presence of the 2009 harvest. With a gold tint to its medium straw hue, the grand power and volume of this ripe harvest make for a cuvée of thundering proportions. Generous, mature yellow fruits jostle with the roast nut character of barrel fermentation. This warm season furnished low levels of gentle malic acidity, hence its definition owes more to the fine chalk minerality of the site. It’s inimitable Clos des Goisses of other-worldly dimensions. (2020-2021)"
ANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS-"The 2009 Clos des Goisses has been very tight in two recent tastings, which is probably a very good thing for its long-term prospects, but less so for readers seeking the immediacy that is common in so many 2009 Champagnes. White flowers, orchard fruit, mint white pepper and citrus peel add to the wine’s bright profile. Readers should plan on being extremely patient, as the 2009 Goisses does not show much, if any, early appeal, even if the density and textural persistence of the great years are both there. The 2009 is 61% Pinot Noir and 39% Chardonnay. Dosage is 4.5 grams per liter.
JOHN GILMAN 94 POINTS-"The very, very fine 2009 Clos des Goisses is more typical of what one expects from this wine in its youth, as the nose is far more reserved out of the blocks than the 2010 version. This wine was disgorged in March of 2018 and the cépages of sixty-one percent Pinot Noir and thirtynine percent chardonnay (a two-thirds Pinot to one-third Chardonnay blend is the goal here most years). The 2009 is nicely primary on the nose, offering up scents of pear, lovely red fruit tones, macadamia nut, a lovely base of soil, gentle smokiness and incipient notes of white flowers in the upper register. On the palate the wine is pure, full-bodied and nascently complex, with a rock solid core, lovely focus and grip, refined bubbles and outstanding length on the balanced and very promising finish. The palate seems a touch more open than the nose suggests and this wine will probably come forward fairly early for a Clos des Goisses, but will age long and beautifully on its exquisite balance. There is nothing blowsy about this racy 2009! 2025-2075."
- Item #: i_343230Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 97JOHN GILMAN 95 POINTS-"I reported on the 2002 Piper-Heidsieck Rare a year ago  and time does not seem to have touched it at all over the last twelve months, for if anything, this particular bottle seemed even younger than last year’s! The wine beautifully synthesizes the ripe fruit of ’02 with great structural integrity and seems likely to drink at its peak for at least another twenty years. The bouquet is a pure, complex blend of apple, white peach, a touch of leesiness, a great base of soil, fresh-baked bread, a touch of citrus peel and an overtly smoky topnote. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied, crisp and superbly detailed, with a fine core of fruit, elegant mousse, bright acids and excellent backend mineral drive on the long, vibrant and very classy finish. 2016- 2035+.
WINE SPECTATOR 97 POINTS - "A powerhouse, with verve to the finely cut, racy acidity, showing a sense of finesse and seamless integration of the firm frame. The silky texture carries layer upon layer of toasted brioche, currant and pear pâte de fruit flavors, with notes of grated ginger and coconut, cappuccino foam and spun honey. Mineral accents of smoke, ground spice and fleur de sel build on the long, echoing finish. Drink now through 2032."
For the seventh consecutive year Chef de Cave Regis Camus of Piper-Heidsieck has walked away with the prestigious International Wine Challenge’s Sparkling Winemaker of the Year Award. It seems only fitting that Champagne’s most awarded Winemaker would be the mind behind this year’s top Champagne release. Since joining Piper-Heidsieck in 1994, Camus has shepherded the house to great acclaim thanks to his expert blending skills, attention to detail and passion for quality. Over the years we have developed an acute suspicion of ornately packaged wines (and boy is this tête de cuvée ever dressed to the nines); however, this is definitely one of those rare instances where the Champagne is as lustrous as its gilded label. As the notes below attest, this Piper Rare ranks with the best of the best from the great Champagne class of 2002. It goes without saying that this handsomely adorned treasure would make a most impressive executive gift.
- Item #: i_373648Bottle Size: 750MLJOHN GILMAN 95 POINTS- "The 1999 Ployez-Jacquemart 'Liesse d’Harbonville' is its customary blend of seventy percent Chardonnay and thirty percent Pinot Noir, with all of the vins clairs barrel-fermented and aged for six months in the cellars in two and three year-old barrels. The wine does not undergo malolactic fermentation and is aged for more than twelve years on the lees prior to disgorgement. The 1999 bottling offers up a deep and very classy nose of pear, delicious apple, buttery overtones from the oak, brioche, crème patissière, complex minerality, a bit of hazelnut and a topnote of gentle smokiness. On the palate the wine is pure, full-bodied and very racy (from its non-malo personality), with a great core of fruit, broad shoulders (from the ’99 vintage’s ripeness), very refined mousse and stunning complexity on the very long, poised and perfectly balanced finish. The ripeness of 1999 is mostly felt here in terms of the breadth of the attack and the rock solid nature of the wine in the mid-palate, but I also get the sense that this fine vintage of Liesse d’Harbonville will mature on a faster track than wines such as the 1995 or 1996, and will probably be at its apogee within the next three or our years. It is a stellar example of the ’99 vintage. 2016-2025+. (May/Jun 2014)"
- Item #: i_372827Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS-"A one-off release to celebrate Ployez-Jacquemart's 90th anniversary, the NV Extra-Brut Cuvée Granite was disgorged in June 2019 with just under five grams per liter dosage. It's based on the 2013 vintage, which accounts for some 40% of the blend; next comes the 2000 vintage, contributing another 20%, with the balance made up of reserve wines from vintages 2012, 2011, 2004, 1999, 1996, 1995, 1990, 1988, 1983, 1982 and 1976. It's showing beautifully, offering up a delicate but complex bouquet wafting from the glass with dried white flowers, citrus oil, freshly baked bread, dried fruit, beeswax, toasted almonds, nutmeg and macadamia nut. Medium to full-bodied, elegant and fine-boned, it's satiny and precise, with a racy spine of acidity and a pearly mousse, concluding with an intensely sapid finish. This is not a powerful, dramatic Champagne, but it's strikingly complex and exquisitely refined."
- Item #: i_364490Bottle Size: 1.5LWINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "A mouthwatering version, with a fine, lacy mousse and delicate flavors of poached apple, blackberry, beeswax and lemon confit underscored by a streak of smoky minerality that echoes on the finish. Drink now through 2019."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 90 POINTS - "Tasted from a half bottle, the rich and complex flavors of Brut La Francaise show just that extra touch of maturity. The wine has peach and almond flavors that contrast well with the taut, nervy edge. It's full in the mouth and ripe, and works well both as an aperitif and a food Champagne."