- Item #: i_353206Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95 PointsDecanter: 95DECANTER 95 POINTS "The only part of the Mouton vines that had some frost in 2017, yet maintaining its signature rich round flavours of creamy citrus and powerful white peach and pear notes. A bitter saffron point gives focus and lift on the finish. This is a brilliant Aile d'Argent, wonderfully balanced with real complexity, offering volume and structure through the palate and a saline-streaked juicy finish."
- Item #: i_352708Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 94-96**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE ADVOCATE 94-96 POINTS - "The dark horse of the Yquem tasting at CECWINE in November 2004. A slight deeper colour compared to the 79 and 80. Rich honey and peach with superb definition and focus. The palate has great balance and verve with exquisite freshness and joie-de-vivre. Apricot and orange. There is a lot of finesse and grace here. It its harmony and texture, rather than concentration that elevates it above the others."
- Item #: i_352957Bottle Size: 375mlWine Spectator: 99James Suckling: 98**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE SPECTATOR 99 POINTS - "A lovely, creamy, tropical style, with mango, papaya and guava notes lending a caressing feel, while singed almond and warm piecrust accents blossom through the lush finish. Just when you think that's all there is, toasted coconut, fig, orange blossom and persimmon details kick in, lending length and dimension. The finish is ridiculously long."
- Item #: i_352017Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98James Suckling: 99Decanter: 97Wine Enthusiast: 97Jeb Dunnuck: 99JAMES SUCKLING 99 POINTS
JEB DUNNUCK 99 POINTS
WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS
WINE ENTHUSIAST 95-97 POINTS
VINOUS 94-97 POINTS
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS
- Item #: i_352992Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleThe wines of Chateau Gilette are released on average, between 20 and 25 years after the vintage! The wine remains in tank for close for almost 20 years before it's even bottled! At that point, Chateau Gilette ages the bottled Sauternes wine for an additional 3-5 years! Chateau Gilette at its best is filled with tropical, honey drenched fruit and spices. But the wine lacks vanilla, coconut or custard scents, as well as some of the fatness found in many Sauternes, as it was not aged in French oak.
- Item #: i_345784Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 100Wine Spectator: 100James Suckling: 100**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "There are 10,000 cases of this perfect sweet white Bordeaux. The 2001 Yquem reveals a hint of green in its light gold color. While somewhat reticent aromatically, with airing, it offers up honeyed tropical fruit, orange marmalade, pineapple, sweet creme brulee, and buttered nut-like scents. In the mouth, it is full-bodied with gorgeously refreshing acidity as well as massive concentration and unctuosity. Everything is uplifted and given laser-like focus by refreshing acidity. This large-scaled, youthful Yquem appears set to take its place among the most legendary vintages of the past, and will age effortlessly for 75+ years. Anticipated maturity: 2010-2100+."
WINE SPECTATOR 100 POINTS -"The greatest young Yquem I have ever tasted from bottle. Yellow, with a golden hue and an almost green tint. Intense aromas of botrytis, spices and blanched almonds follow through to honey, maple syrup, dried apricot and pineapple. Full-bodied, sweet, thick and powerful, with layers of fruit and a bright, lively finish. Coats the palate yet remains exciting. So balanced and refined, showing the pedigree that only this Sauternes estate can deliver. Best after 2012. *Collectibles - Ranked #10 in Top 100 Wines of 2005*"
WINE SPECTATOR 100 POINTS -"What a pure wine, with honey, caramel, cooked apple, bon bon, and pear tart. Dried apricots and peaches develop with time in the glass. What a palate, it is very sweet and rich at the impact, but then it’s dense and opulent like a Grand Cru Burgundy, think Montrachet. Apples, honey, and pineapples with hints of mango on the palate. This is an incredible wine, a real dream, a legend. 150 grams of RS."
- Item #: i_373424Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Spectator: 95James Suckling: 97WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "Big, rich and juicy. Voluptuous, with aromas of caramel, apple and light tropical fruit. Full-bodied, round and very sweet, with loads of ripe fruit and a long butterscotch and piecrust aftertaste. Viscous texture. Hard not to drink it now. A wonderful sticky. Best after 2010. *Collectibles*"