- Item #: i_379456Bottle Size: 750mlAs you may know, due to the pandemic, all matter of sea-borne wine commerce has been disrupted. Last Christmas there was an unprecedented number of Champagne "no-shows". One of the most lamentable of these "Ghost" shipments was a parcel of 2010 Clos Cazals Champagne. Well, as they say, "better late than never." Actually we are really over the moon that our shipment has finally arrived. What's the big deal? Only that over the years, we have come to believe that Cazals' Clos stands as a worthy rival to Krug's fabled, tres cher Clos du Mesnil. Located behind the village church in the Grand Cru Cote des Blancs village of Oger, this eight and one-half acre parcel was first planted to Chardonnay by Claude Cazals back in 1957. The vineyard's walls produce a wind shield effect that creates a warmer mesoclimate that results in riper grapes with a distinctive Chardonnay character and great depth. Further complexity and texture is accomplished by ten years of cellar aging on the yeast. This 2010 vintage combines the opulence of the 2009 with length and drive that made the 2008 so memorable. Here is regal, golden-hued bubbly with a soft mousse that, at first glance, is decadently broad with subtle strata of pear, bruised apple, vanilla, and nutmeg spice flavors that unwind to reveal a salt-tinged minerality bolstered with firm acidity. Yet another jaw dropping triumph from this very special terrior.
- Item #: i_321908Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2014 Brut Nature Spécial Club Blanc de Noirs L'Ineffable is ample, broad, creamy, not to mention incredibly delicious. The interplay of Pinot richness with Verzy energy yields a truly compelling Champagne with a lot of character. A bit of time in the glass brings out the wine's striking inner perfume. Mirabelle plum, kirsch and wild flowers scream of Pinot in this striking Champagne from Mouzon-Leroux. Dosage is 1.5 grams per liter. Disgorged: July, 2019.
- Item #: i_375863Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94+WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS-"There are pure chalk and lemon juice notes intertwined with perfectly ripe, sunny white and yellow-fleshed fruit expressions (even hints of pineapples) on the bright, fresh, subtle but most of all highly elegant and nobly expressive nose. Altogether, that makes the 2007 Blanc de Blancs Le Mesnil Brut an outstanding Salon that already shows its class without any reservation but also without any compromises to its refined and terroir-driven style. Compared to the powerful and structured 2006 that, from my memories, showed wet chalk flavors but almost no fruit in its youth, the weightless and delicate 2007 is a coolish, elegant and smoky gentleman dressed in a white tie and silk hat—Max Raabe singing Berlin chansons from the 1920s! The performance on the palate is pure yet concentrated, fresh and linear, very elegant and perfectly balanced, but most of all, it is extremely fine and stimulating! There is a chalky-dusty texture in the aftertaste that makes this a great Salon with sublime finesse and elegance. Lovely lemon flavors are displayed on the pure, fresh and concentrated finish. The radiant 2007 Salon is one of the greatest Champagnes I have had from this vintage. 57,000 bottles produced. Tasted from lot L93 SQ 28218 U in November 2018."
- Item #: i_376108Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 06Wine Spectator: 91VINOUS 98 POINTS-"Taittinger’s 2008 Blanc de Blancs Comtes de Champagne is simply breathtaking. I have tasted it many times over the years in various trial disgorgements and it has never been anything less than compelling. The final, finished wine captures all of that potential. Bright, focused and wonderfully deep, Comtes is a fabulous example of a vintage that expresses so much energy but with real fruit intensity, the signatures that distinguish it from other vintages (1996 comes to mind) that were similarly taut, but more austere in the early going. Although the 2008 impresses right out of the gate, it only really starts to open up with several hours of air. The 2008 Comtes represents the purest essence of the Côtes des Blancs in a great, historic vintage. Readers who can find the 2008 should not hesitate, as it is a truly brilliant epic Champagne that no one who loves the very best in Champagne will want to be without. (AG) 98+."(8/2020)
WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS-"Taittinger's 2008 Brut Blanc de Blancs Comtes de Champagne is being released this year, and it will be worth a special effort to track down. I wrote in August 2019 that this is the finest Comtes de Champagne since the brilliant 2002, and this tasting confirmed that. Offering up a deep and complex bouquet of citrus oil, crisp orchard fruit, warm brioche, crushed chalk, blanched almonds and smoke, it's full-bodied and incisive, with excellent concentration, racy acids and a long, searingly chalky finish. While this is already immensely impressive out of the gates, this 2008 is clearly built for the long haul, and three decades' longevity won't be a challenge."(9/2020)
- Item #: i_376780Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 06Wine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS-"This harmonious rosé Champagne offers quiet grace, with a pleasing juiciness to the sleek acidity, framing finely knit flavors of raspberry, peach, brioche and candied pink grapefruit zest. Showing a raw silk–like texture, this caresses the palate through to the fresh, ginger-laced finish. Drink now through 2027. Tasted twice, with consistent notes. 550 cases imported."