- Item #: i_377585Bottle Size: 750mlLes Chênes, a single-vineyard Champagne made of pure Chardonnay, was first bottled as a separate wine in the 1994 vintage. Laval makes it exclusively from musts with a high (for Champagne) minimum ripeness of 11 degrees. Les Chênes is a highly-regarded site located on the mid-slope along the road to Hautvillers, just to the east of the village of Cumières, and the terrain here is highly calcareous, with only about 40 centimeters of topsoil above the bedrock of chalk. The first vintage of Les Chênes yielded just 400 bottles, and today Laval’s maximum production of this wine is about 1,700 bottles, produced only in the best years and released as a Brut Nature.
- Item #: i_378562Bottle Size: 750mlDavid Léclapart is a fourth-generation Champagne house located in the premier cru village of Trépail in the Montagne de Reims. When his father passed away in 1996 and his mother asked him to take over the estate, he agreed to do so only on the condition that he would be able to farm biodynamically. Since the 2000 vintage the estate has been certified biodynamic by both Ecocert and Demeter. David himself biodynamically farms his three hectares of land divided among 20 parcels, guided by the principles of purity, energy, pleasure and ecology. He believes the creative forces behind biodynamics (water, earth, wind, and fire) work in perfect accordance with his four principles to show how nature expresses itself through Champagne. These practices are continued in the cellar, where there is minimal intervention. Dedicated to transmitting the individual characteristics of each vintage and vineyard into his wines, David does not use any reserve wines, and all of his wines are no dosage.
- Item #: i_379182Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "Another winner in this range, the NV Another winner in this range, the NV Reserve Oubliée is terrific. This release is based on 2012, with 50% reserve wines from the previous edition, aged on cork. Rich, ample and creamy, the Reserve Oubliée is wonderfully expressive and inviting. Hints of dried pear, smoke, sage and mint add myriad shades of nuance. For the Reserve Oubliée, the wines spend a second year of aging on the lees prior to being bottled. Disgorged November 2017. Dosage is 4 grams per liter."
- Item #: i_374287Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - " Why has the non-vintage concept largely been reserved to entry-level wines?" pondered Péters, and he decided to produce a new cuvée to change that. Based on the 2012 Les Chétillons and supplemented by wine from the family's long-established perpetual reserve, the NV L’Étonnant Monsieur Victor Edition MK 12 is the latest rendition, and it's showing very well, opening in the glass with aromas of lemon oil, warm bread, white flowers, crushed chalk, oyster shells and wheat toast. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, rich and layered, with superb concentration, racy acids and a precise, intensely saline finish."
- Item #: i_376108Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 06Wine Spectator: 91VINOUS 98 POINTS-"Taittinger’s 2008 Blanc de Blancs Comtes de Champagne is simply breathtaking. I have tasted it many times over the years in various trial disgorgements and it has never been anything less than compelling. The final, finished wine captures all of that potential. Bright, focused and wonderfully deep, Comtes is a fabulous example of a vintage that expresses so much energy but with real fruit intensity, the signatures that distinguish it from other vintages (1996 comes to mind) that were similarly taut, but more austere in the early going. Although the 2008 impresses right out of the gate, it only really starts to open up with several hours of air. The 2008 Comtes represents the purest essence of the Côtes des Blancs in a great, historic vintage. Readers who can find the 2008 should not hesitate, as it is a truly brilliant epic Champagne that no one who loves the very best in Champagne will want to be without. (AG) 98+."(8/2020)
WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS-"Taittinger's 2008 Brut Blanc de Blancs Comtes de Champagne is being released this year, and it will be worth a special effort to track down. I wrote in August 2019 that this is the finest Comtes de Champagne since the brilliant 2002, and this tasting confirmed that. Offering up a deep and complex bouquet of citrus oil, crisp orchard fruit, warm brioche, crushed chalk, blanched almonds and smoke, it's full-bodied and incisive, with excellent concentration, racy acids and a long, searingly chalky finish. While this is already immensely impressive out of the gates, this 2008 is clearly built for the long haul, and three decades' longevity won't be a challenge."(9/2020)