- Item #: i_345941Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 91JEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - ""It offers a perfumed, gorgeous bouquet of plums, incense, spice and hints of forest floor. Full-bodied, ripe and rounded, with a sexy, opulent style, lots of mid-palate depth, and a great finish, it's well worth your time and money and is a smoking deal at 20 bucks."
- Item #: i_344263Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 92Wine Enthusiast: 90JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "Attractive violets and redcurrants with darker forest berries and graphite, too. The palate has a lithe and plush red-fruit core. Vibrant berries abound. Good wine."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 90 POINTS - "This generous wine comes from a 239-acre property. It has weight, layers of black-currant flavors balanced by rich tannins and juicy acidity. The fruitiness is intense, given essential freshness by the crisp aftertaste."
- Item #: i_353865Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90James Suckling: 93The 2016 Chateau La Bastienne is a delicious wine and a fantastic value-a pairing we love! We tasted this and loved the quality of the perfectly ripened fruit, which is really a hallmark of the great 2016 vintage in Bordeaux. La Bastienne echoes some of the outstanding values we have featured recently such as Chateau Belle-Vue, Chateau Puygueraud and Chateau La Prade. The rich, dark fruited juiciness of this wine is very pleasing. Critic James Suckling is also a fan, giving this wine a 93 Point score while saying it offers a very fleshy and attractive set of supple fruit."
Montagne Saint Emilion is a great place to look for value and boasts many of the best attributes of its neighbor St. Emilion. The village of Montagne is a reference to the rolling hills of this appellation. The soils are a mix of clay and limestone with well-drained slopes and a Southerly to South-Westerly exposure that provides maximum sunshine right up to harvest time. These privileged natural conditions help ensure that the grapes are perfectly ripe and reach their optimal expression.
Francois Janoueix fell in love with Chateau La Bastienne and was convinced the terroir was able to produce great wine in Montagne Saint-Emilion. Today, his grandson Pierre-Emmanuel continues his vision and the wines he makes are worth seeking out.
Driven by the same love of wine-making & craftmanship as his ancestors, he now oversees 25 acres of vineyards which average 50 years of age. The vineyards are planted to 80% merlot and 20% cabernet franc and the grapes are hand harvested. After vinification, the wine gains complexity while spending one year in French oak barrels. The result is a delicious, supple wine showcasing rich and juicy fruit framed by supple tannins.
The 2016 Chateau La Bastienne is a great wine to enjoy and completely over delivers for the price. Even better, we have it at the lowest price in the country!
JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "Very rich blackberry and vibrant fruit aromas in the mulberry and dark-plum spectrum with a concentrated palate that offers a very fleshy and attractive set of supple fruit, framed in ripe, sturdy tannins."
WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "The 2016 La Bastienne is medium to deep garnet-purple colored and features fragrant roses, oolong tea and baking spices scents with touches of warm plums, black cherries and raspberry pie. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is packed with expressive red berry and floral layers with a fine-grained frame and long, lively finish."
- Item #: i_353348Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 92JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "A soft and juicy wine with plums, chocolate and some violets. Medium to full body and a round and caressing tannin texture. Flavorful finish. Drink in 2020 but already gorgeous."
- Item #: i_353665Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 92WINE ENTHUSIAST 92 POINTS - "This wine's black currant aromas shine. It's still young and structured, its firm tannins at the fore. But those black currant flavors are crisp and fruity, highlighting its fine balance, as all the elements fall into place. Drink from 2020."
- Item #: i_352773Bottle Size: 750mlNATURAL WINE
From 1992, Thierry and Isabelle Daulhiac have had the run of the nineteenth century manor house and the surrounding fifteen hillside hectares of vineyards, since it was handed down to them from the previous two generations. They are nestled between two oft-foggy appellations of Montbazillac and Sainte-Foy, in the town of Razac de Saussignac, with vines facing the Dordogne, about two kilometers to the north. When they took over in 1992, traditional farming methods were common, but the duo have slowly converted to organic (near biodynamic) practices in the vineyards.
This ripe wine from a very fine vintage in Bergerac, is fully structured while also having a fine black-currant fruitiness. Half-and-half Merlot and Cabernet Franc, it has a perfumed edge along with rich juicy acidity and fruits.
- Item #: i_333306Bottle Size: 750MLSaint-Georges-Saint-Emilion is one of the smallest appellations in Bordeaux - less than 20 estates - and one of the oldest wine areas in France. As a result these wines are pretty confidential! Boasting an intense nose with blackcurrant, raspberry and cinnamon notes, this is a supple and concentrated wine with ripe, silky tanins. A top pick for this kind of price!
- Item #: i_353199Bottle Size: 750mlIn the nose, Château Villars shows great freshness, floral or fruity depending on the year, and a touch of spices. On the palate it unfolds into powerfully crafted, very elegant tannins. Drink or age for up to 10 more years.
- Item #: i_353316Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "This is so good! I want to drink it now. Iodine, mushrooms, dark fruit and orange peel on the nose and palate. Full-bodied, yet polished and fresh. Lovely tension A blend of 80 per cent merlot, 15 per cent cabernet franc and five per cent malbec."
- Item #: i_350475Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90James Suckling: 92JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "Ripe fruit with chocolate, spice and hints of raisins. Full body, round and juicy tannins and a flavorful finish. Really delicious. Drink now."
WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "Medium to deep garnet-purple in color, the 2017 Saintayme delivers expressive black cherries, mulberries and boysenberries scents with hints of rosehip tea, tilled soil and spice box. Medium-bodied, the palate has plenty of juicy red and black fruits with a plush texture and refreshing finish.
- Item #: i_334087Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleSince 1927, the wines of Château Dauphine-Rondillon are commercialised in bottles and are appreciated as much as the prestigious Sauternes.
"We are very respectful of the environment by working according to the "lutte raisonnee" or sustainable agriculture. The vines are driven to small yields with an optimum ripeness of the crop based on vigilant study and analysis of the grapes during harvest time." WINERY
- Item #: i_333820Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90James Suckling: 93We just received the 2015 Esprit de Pavie from Bordeaux and it is sensational! This value-priced gem comes from Gerard Perse who owns high-flying estates such as Chateau Pavie, Pavie Decesse, Monbousquet and Bellevue Mondotte. It is created to be approachable and delicious on release and satisfies with its full-bodied richness of red and black fruits, cocoa and baking spice. We have carried this wine for numerous vintages and can tell you this is the best Esprit de Pavie ever produced!
Critic James Suckling gave this wine a score of 93 Points noting is juicy, rich and full-bodied profile. He also called Esprit de Pavie a "beautiful wine" that is "really well done."
The winemaking team is able to make such a compelling wine by sourcing from several estates owned by Perse in the Cotes de Castillon as well as younger vines from the St. Emilion estates of Pavie and Monbousquet. In years past, much of this fruit would have found its way into those expensive wines. The wines are aged for 15 months in barrels which have already been used once for Chateau Pavie and Chateau Monbousquet. Esprit de Pavie enjoys the same care and attention in winemaking as its illustrious siblings to ensure each bottle's high level of quality.
This is a great opportunity to enjoy the pedigree and expertise of the winemaking team from Chateau Pavie at a fraction of the price of the Grand Vin. The vineyard sourcing, winemaking team and outstanding fruit from the 2015 vintage make this a compelling wine.
JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "A juicy and rich red with blackberry and black-truffle aromas and flavors. Layered and beautifully toned. Full-bodied, round and juicy. Beautiful wine. Really well done. Drink or hold."
WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "This vintage is a blend of 65% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc and 15% Cabernet Sauvignon and was aged for 15 months in one-year-old barrels. Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2015 Esprit de Pavie (a blend of vines in Côtes do Castillon and young vines from Pavie and Monbousquet) opens with expressive red and black plums notes plus touches of baking spices, vanilla pod, dark chocolate and dried Provence herbs. Medium to full-bodied, the bright fruit fills the mouth with plenty of spicy red and black fruits, supported by chewy tannins and finishing with a refreshing lift."