- Item #: i_352164Bottle Size: 750mlWINE & SPIRITS 94 POINTS "Year’s Best White Burgundy": "“One of the prized parcels in Philippe Duvernay and Laura Coffinet's domaine, Fairendes lies in the upper,northern sector of Morgeot, where the thin, rocky soil created a dramatic 2014, a brash, fleshy, naked chardonnay. The cool lime flavor and gracious acidity makes it racy, while persistent minerality gives it an enoki mushroom savor. Several panelists called it out for being sexy and classical. I found it lively, with awesome complexity for a premier cru wine.”
- Item #: i_333501Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93Dave Phinney's D66 Cotes Catalanes adds more depth and concentration and includes some Syrah and Carignan in the Grenache dominant blend. This takes it up a notch and is a very crowd-pleasing wine.
ROBERT PARKER 93 POINTS - "A blend of 80% Grenache, 15% Syrah and a splash of Carignan, the 2014 Cotes Catalanes Grenache D66 IGP spent ten months in roughly 30% new barrels. This inky colored, downright sexy 2014 offers terrific notes of blueberries, blackberries, violets and chalky minerality. Big, concentrated and textured, yet still playing in the more elegant style of the 2014 vintage, this beauty will drink well for a decade."
- Item #: i_352928Bottle Size: 750mlFrom a 3 hectare vineyard in the shape of natural amphitheatre at the foot of the Pyrenees in Jurançon. Dagueneau’s makes a limited number of bottles of dry wine from these beloved Jurancon hectares. The aim is to produce a wine that brings out the natural minerality of the soil and have balance, harmony and longevity. Concentrated, racy and extremely memorable.
- Item #: i_350512Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 90-92 POINTS - "The 2016 Fixin Les Crais was taken directly from tank and will include 20% new oak. It has a clean and pure bouquet with raspberry and crushed strawberry notes, a touch of vanilla pod developing in the glass. The palate is medium-bodied with fine-grained tannin, slightly chalky in texture and with plenty of freshness on the finish. This is a step up from the Fixin Village."
- Item #: i_351628Bottle Size: 750mlFrom 88 year-old vines, the oldest parcel of the domaine. A cushioned, deep, textured almost dark-fruity-chocolate nose. Mouth-filling, a little tannin plenty of supple structure, with a slightly more mineral and saline mid-palate and finish. Good flavour here. Very likeable wine…
- Item #: i_350731Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 93 - 95 POINTS - "This is markedly more restrained with its reluctant aromas of brooding dark berry fruit, earth, sauvage and hints of dried flowers. There is excellent volume, concentration and imposing power to the big-bodied flavors that deliver plenty of minerality and outstanding persistence on the robust but balanced finish. This classically proportioned Clos de la Roche is indisputably going to require extended keeping."
- Item #: i_350723Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 93-95BURGHOUND 93 - 95 POINTS - "This is also surprisingly expressive at this early stage with a broad-ranging nose that features notes of apple, pear, white flowers, wood spice and a hint of something mildly exotic. The big-bodied yet refined flavors possess a wonderfully textured mouth feel thanks primarily to the abundance of palate coating dry extract that does a beautiful job of buffering the notably firm but not aggressive acid backbone on the hugely long finish where a hint of wood appears. This is slightly finer than usual with a really lovely sense of overall balance and harmony."
STEPHEN TANZER 93 - 95 POINTS - "Bright, pale yellow. Deeply pitched, slightly reduced aromas of stone fruits, pineapple and honey. Fatter and sweeter than the Bienvenue, then broader and more powerful on the back half, showing a ripe pineapple character but coming across as bone-dry. Less harmonious than the Bienvenue and a bit more phenolic on the back end. This wine will need a good seven or eight years of cellaring."
WINE ADVOCATE 90-92 POINTS - "The 2014 Bâtard Montrachet Grand Cru has a more powerful bouquet than the Bienvenue-Bâtard-Montrachet, very energetic with fresh pear, white peach and citrus fruit. The palate is nicely balanced but does not quite offer the detail and precision of the Bienvenue at the moment. It's a grand cru that will hopefully up its game by the time of bottling, because on this showing, it is surpassed by the 2014 Bienvenue."
- Item #: i_322361Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Delivers a bright and engaging range of Jonagold apple, melon and pear flavors, with a light hazelnut echo through the finish. Fresh acidity stays well-embedded throughout. Drink now through 2020."
Jura is located to the east of the Côte d’Or, and this area is dominated by the forested Jura Mountains and provides a geographical measure of detachment that allowed certain traditional wine styles and grapes to persist in the region. A classic Jura boasting citrus and nut character( Hint of a sherry character). A Slightly oily texture and a fresh finish, it is mouthfilling, complex and satisfying.
“Fully ripe grapes, brilliantly judged use of wood, and delicate use, too, of controlled oxidation to create what Guy calls “une petite inflection noisette” (“a little hazelnut nose”) are all hallmarks of the domaine’s wines, the consistency of which is impressive for such a cool-climate vineyard region.” -Andrew Jefford, The New France
- Item #: i_300182Bottle Size: 750MLJAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS: "Has some of the earthy power and complexity of a grand cru. An excellent balance of white-fruit character with robust minerality and crisp acidity, driving the imposing finish. Drink or hold."
Tasting notes by Serge Dubs, World's Best Sommelier 1989 :
Young, lively colour, moderately intense, bright lemon yellow with pistachio green hints, a flash of silver, delicately velvety and silky in appearance. Attractive, agreeable bouquet, not too forward, aromatic, perfumed, nicely elegant and refined. Mainly floral aromas of fresh rose, jasmine, reseda, lily, freesia, primrose, with passion fruit, mango and pear. The mouth is filled with aromas that are generous, yet still soft and suave to flatter and charm the palate. It is almost dry, with an elegant finish that is crisp and refreshing. A wine to enjoy now while it is young and its varietal qualities are clearly defined. Ideal as an aperitif, or at any time, to share an agreeable moment with friends. Serve at 8°C. Serve with cheese : munster, auvergne blue, stilton, aged goat's cheese, also with lightly spiced, tasty dishes, Chinese, Moroccan, Indian, and with fruit based cakes and desserts. May be aged for 2 to 3 years.
- Item #: i_399916Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Wine Spectator: 90James Suckling: 90WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The Joanin Bécot 2014, often one of the top performing Côte de Castillon crus, is a blend of 75% Merlot and 25% Cabernet Franc cropped at 30 hectoliter per hectare. Being raised in 60% new wood, it has a very ripe and opulent bouquet, perhaps just a little high-toned in the context of its peers. The palate is medium-bodied with chewy black fruit, nicely integrated oak with a structured, masculine, tertiary finish that is persistence in the mouth. This is a modern style Bordeaux but one that is cleverly and thoughtfully executed."
WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS
- Item #: i_345629Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 92 - 95BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS -"Don't Miss - Outstanding! This is also gorgeously spicy with ripe and very fresh black cherry, red currant and sandalwood aromas. There is superb intensity to the overtly mineral-driven and beautifully delineated middle weight flavors that are shaped by a very firm but not hard tannic spine as there is good phenolic maturity here. I very much like the balance of the long and quite serious finale that is an exercise in harmony, indeed this could aptly be described as quite Zen-like. In a word, brilliant."
- Item #: i_374181Bottle Size: 750mlLaherte is located in the Coteaux Sud d'Epernay not far outside of the city. Here the topography is hilly with a variety of aspects and soil types. This micro cuvee is drawn from Chardonnay vines planted on a west facing slope with thin top soil over a deep bedrock of Campanian chalk.
ANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS - "Here in its first release, the 2014 Extra Brut Blanc de Blancs Les Grandes Crayères is another fabulous wine from Aurelien Laherte. Powerful in the glass, the 2014 possesses striking textural depth and resonance. This is an especially potent, structured expression of Chardonnay. I loved it. Dosage is 4 grams per liter. Disgorged: February 2018."
- Item #: i_345593Bottle Size: 750MLIn 228 liter oak casks for 10 months (30% in new oak) then 5 months ageing in stainless steel vats.
Wines so powerful and full demand to be matched with dishes of the same caliber. Virile, four-sided tannins cry out for roast lamb, rib steak, or joints of game. Autumn and winter dishes in the right setting match the profound and meaty personality of these great wines : braised beef or pork, for example, or any other good red meat. Fine, whole-milk, soft-centered cheeses will also do them proud.
- Item #: i_345631Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92-94Burghound: 94Vinous Media: 91-92BURGHOUND 94 POINTS: "A discreet application of wood is present on the exceptionally spicy nose of equally pure, cool and airy extract of red and dark berry fruit, violet and Asian-style tea aromas. There is good size and weight to the tautly muscled but suave, intense and detailed medium weight plus flavors that are underpinned by firm tannins and evident minerality on the succulent and mouth coating finish. This is perhaps a bit richer than it normally is at this early stage and should be approachable a bit earlier than usual but overall 2014 is a fantastic vintage for the Drouhin PM. Highly recommended."
eROBERTPARKER 92-94 POINTS: "The 2014 Vosne Romanée 1er Cru les Petits Monts was picked on September 16 and contains 20% whole cluster fruit. Due to be bottled next spring, it has a very fragrant, quite floral bouquet with black cherries, blueberry, minerals and rose petals -- very seductive and detailed. The palate is medium-bodied with svelte, quite lush black fruit, saline in the mouth with very fine tannins interlacing the finish. This is beautiful Petits Monts from Drouhin."
VINOUSMEDIA 91-92 POINTS: "(from a crop level of 28 hectoliters per hectare): Healthy red-ruby. Deeply pitched aromas of dark fruits, licorice and menthol reminded me a bit of Richebourg. Bone-dry and uncompromising in the mouth, with concentrated, well-delineated mineral and floral flavors dominating in the early going. Finishes with serious but fine-grained tannins and lovely floral persistence. Serious, firm and built to age." -- Stephen Tanzer