- Item #: i_321045Bottle Size: 750ml100% JACQUERE
From 50 year old vines grown on marl and limestone. This light easy driking wine is the perfect hot weather wine. Low alcohol, light and flavorful perfect before dinner or for just sitting on the patio taking in the sun.
- Item #: i_345413Bottle Size: 750MLAnthony Thevenet’s interpretation of Beaujolais is a unique combination of wines from decades past and today’s trend of voluptuously fruity, early-drinking renditions with a serious edge. Anthony’s vineyard work is done strictly under organic culture. There are no treatments in their vineyards aside from copper and sulfur—both legal for organic and biodynamic farming, and accepted practices in the natural wine community; the reality is that if people in Europe didn’t spray copper or sulfur in their vineyards they wouldn’t have any grapes at all.
- Item #: i_353008Bottle Size: 750mlLithe and focused, Le Vin des Amis is just as it sounds: an irresistible charmer to be shared among good friends, characterized by a brilliant floral perfume and wild dark fruit that glides over the palate like velvet. —Anthony Lynch
- Item #: i_350343Bottle Size: 750ml100% Cabernet Franc, Baudry's rosé is drawn from vines rooted in the gravel terroir of Grézeaux and a rented parcel, Les Balais, originally planted by Matthieu's father some 30 years ago. In contrast to Grézeaux, Les Balais is on clay/flintstone (silex) and Baudry suggests the minerality you can taste in this wine is thanks to the silex in the soils and the mature vines. Picked by hand, there is a brief skin contact and then the wine ferments via indigenous yeasts, 2/3 in the domaine's Italian-made concrete tanks and the remainder in stainless steel. The wine is classically pale and tinged with wild red fruits and smoky, mineral aromas and flavours. There is some extra texture in the mouth - thanks to 2016's low yields - yet, as always, the personality of the wine emphasises delicacy, finesse and freshness.
- Item #: i_352791Bottle Size: 750mlThere are a lot of nice guys in the world, but few could be described as more genuinely nice than Brendan Stater-West. One might ask how a young American guy from Oregon with no winemaking history ends up in Saumur as the assistant vigneron to Romain Guiberteau, one of the most celebrated vignerons in the Loire Valley. It started with a job in a Parisian wine store where Brendan first tasted a bottle of Guiberteau. Fortune brought the young man a wonderful French wife, and they moved to Saumur where he asked Romain for a job. Romain agreed, a move that proved to be beneficial for both.
CRISP, DRY, HIGH ACID, MINERAL CHENIN BLANC
- Item #: i_352792Bottle Size: 750mlThis is a new venture by an American, Brendan Stater West, who travelled to France to teach English, became hooked on wine, worked for one of the Loire's great winemakers (Domaine Guiberteau), before being offered a vineyard from which to make the sort of wine he likes: "elegant, pure, vertical, with salinity from the limestone.
The Saumur Rouge comes from a young south-west vineyard of Cabernet Franc in Brézé, in the lieu-dit La Ripaille. The soil profile is predominately sandy-clay of 1.5m in depth. Harvest is sorted in the vineyard then destemmed 100% upon arrival at Brendan’s facility. Maceration is based on an infusion style, no extraction (no pump-overs, pigeage, delestage) and lasts 6 days in order to preserve delicate and purity in texture. Aging is also in stainless steel for 6 months. 2018 is the first vintage bottled.
- Item #: i_374376Bottle Size: 750MLThe Champalous are masters of Loire Chenin Blanc, producing Vouvray in all styles; this still, dry rendition, aged in stainless steel, represents their flagship cuvee. Gentle and refreshing on the palate, it boasts a delightful balance of stony minerality with luscious, almost honeyed fruit and flowery notes, making for a great aperitif or easy pairing with all sorts of dishes.
- Item #: i_353023Bottle Size: 750mlOne of the oldest and most celebrated domaines in Savennières, Chateau d’Épiré is rich in history, not only for its fabulous architectural rendition of the Petit Trianon of Versailles, but most especially for its exquisite wines. This cuvée is dry and accessible with notes of exotic fruits. Delicious and spectacularly complex, and it shows a value disproportionate to their pedigree.
- Item #: i_345148Bottle Size: 750MLLauded by King Réné Anjou in the 15th century classical literature, the Château de Brézé wines were regarded with such esteem that the royals exchanged them annually with the great Sauternes of Château d’Yquem. The vineyards belonging to the Château de Brézé entered a Renaissance of their own in 2009 when Count de Colbert conferred upon Yves and Arnaud Lambert management of the viticultural estate. The father and son team have immediately converted the entire 25 hectares to organic methods, with official certification as of the 2012 vintage.
Loire Cabernet Franc from a historic property which is mentioned for the first time in the year 1063, in records from Saint Florent's Abbatial. Delicious flavors of tobacco, raspberry, cassis, violet, and pepper.
- Item #: i_311351Bottle Size: 750MLWe love the dry rosés from the south of France. This one is made from 30% Grenache Noir and 70% Syrah. The red grapes are cold macerated for between 4 and 12 hours. The juice is drawn off the skins when the desired color is reached. The wine is then fermented in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks. The result is a delightful dry rosé, with aromas and flavors of blueberries and blackberries and a crisp finish. Try this with quiche, ham, shrimp or fish or turkey burgers.
- Item #: i_345529Bottle Size: 750ML“Esprit Gassier” is the “Gassier Spirit” that combines the exceptional terroir of the Sainte-Victoire region with Côtes de Provence varietals to produce a wine that expresses the family’s passion, expertise and creativity. The beautiful label, designed by a local artist, is silk-screened on the bottle to create a striking package.
A very clear rosé with shades of peach; floral nose with white and yellow fruit notes (peach, apricot, pear); in the mouth, round and delicate with notes of white peach, mandarin and grapefruit.
- Item #: i_306007Bottle Size: 750ML"This is the elite cuvee of the estate relying as it does on grapes harvested from the oldest vines of the domaine (35 years and older). Principally composed of Cinsault, Grenache and Syrah, the "Chateau" bottling also sees the addition, from time-to-time of Tibouren, the ancient and regal Provencale grape. This Rose is produced via the "direct press" method and has a long cuvaison designed to produce a wine of character and concentration. Vinified in stainless steel and bottled in late winter - early spring, production is quite limited." MADROSE.COM
- Item #: i_352948Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2018 Côte de Brouilly is still a little closed after its recent bottling, but it's a promising wine in the making, unwinding in the glass with scents of cherries, plums, licorice and rich soil tones, complemented by floral top notes that blossom as the wine sits in the glass. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, broad and satiny, with a textural, enveloping profile, a deep and voluminous core, ripe but succulent acids and powdery structuring tannins."
- Item #: i_351845Bottle Size: 750ml67% Grenache, 18% Syrah, 5% Cinsault, 5% Mourvèdre, 5% Rolle. Crystal-clear, pale rose pink. Strawberries and citrus on the nose, with hints of jasmine. Expressive with a full array of summer fruits. Fresh, full-bodied and fruity on the mid-palate, then finishing crisp, elegant and long, with a persistent silky texture. Very moreish. Only 2.7g/L of residual sugar. ORGANIC/BIODYNAMIC
- Item #: i_333771Bottle Size: 750MLMichel Chignard is a modest perfectionist who has been practicing his craft for 4 decades. His son, Cédric, now oversees the domaine with as much care as his father. The Chignard family is fortunate to own vineyards in one of the best sites of the Fleurie appellation in Beaujolais; "Les Moriers" is a 8 hectare parcel that extends into Moulin-a-Vent territory. These 60 year old vines have roots that run deep accessing minerals from the granite subsoil thus imparting that classic Fleurie freshness and "gout de terroir".
This wine beautifully expresses the terroir of "Les Moriers"; it is fresh and playful, with deep ripe fruit and finesse.
- Item #: i_352587\Bottle Size: 750mlFrom 25- to 50-year-old vines…displays a very clear, deep, flinty-pure and coolish, but also intense and mineral nose of great precision and individual expression. This Sancerre is full-bodied, very complex and mineral on the palate, with a clear and elegant, very persistent fruit, great grip and lingering salinity.
- Item #: i_333563Bottle Size: 750MLDomaine de l’Abbaye, surrounded by terraces was once connected to the Abbey of Thoronet. At that time, the monks were cultivating the land that now belongs to Frank Petit. In 1990 this Cuvée was the first to be rated 3 stars by the Guide Hachette in France.
60% Syrah, 10% Cinsault 30% Grenache
Festive wine to be opened at any time of the day & special occasion... Aperitif, with seafood raw or cooked lobster, fish and meat dishes but also exotique cuisines.
- Item #: i_352778Bottle Size: 750mlClos Saint Jean Chateauneuf du Pape Blanc is produced from equal parts Grenache Blanc, Roussanne and Clairette. The wine is aged in a combination of new, French oak barrels and vats. The production is quite small with than less than 350 cases made per year.
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - " Review: "The whites here continue to improve. The 2018 Châteauneuf Du Pape Blanc offers a rocking bouquet of key lime pie, tangerine, and ripe peach that gives way to a powerful, opulent, medium to full-bodied white that has tons of flesh and texture, beautiful balance, and a great finish. This is a white for the dinner table."
- Item #: i_300108Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of: 40% Marsanne, 30% Ugni blanc, 25% Clairette, 5% Bourboulenc
Cassis is not only an active port, but what Kermit calls "an earthly paradise." The vineyards of Clos Sainte Magdeleine are particularly stunning. They jut out on a private cape to meet majestic limestone cliffs, poised spectacularly above the sparkling, azure Mediterranean. With landscapes such as these, it is only fitting that writers and poets alike have found inspiration in Cassis. Only a handful of vignerons today are fortunate enough to produce A.O.C. Cassis, and the small quantities available are largely consumed locally with fresh fish—the best way to enjoy them. The Sack-Zafiropulos family has been making wine here for four generations and has continued to craft wines of grace and finesse, just as they were when founder Jules Savon won the Gold Medal for the domaine at the World's Fair in 1900. That they share their limited quantities with us makes this long-term relationship all the more special.
Viticulture and vinification at Clos Sainte Magdeleine is under the direction of Francois Sack. The domaine bottles both a white and a rose, the latter of which is especially limited. Sack just started the three-year long conversion to organic viticulture, a philosophic progression after years of sustainable farming. Clos Sainte Magdeleine's success lies in an uncanny ability to capture a dichotomous nerve and sun-kissed unctuousness in their wines, making them both incredibly food-friendly and delicious entirely on their own.
- Item #: i_344228Bottle Size: 750ML"From the prettiest village on the Mediterranean comes one of the finest of our roses. The Cassis Rose gives expression to the intense minerality that comes from the white stone cliffs that provide background to these vineyards; but there is also a gracious and silky texture that makes this most satisfying and the perfect accompaniment to grilled fish freshly caught. A blend of 40% Cinsault, 35% Grenache and 25% Mourvedre. A brilliant companion to the compelling white from this estate that also demands your attention." MADROSE.COM