- Item #: i_351708Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Supple and harmonious, this red offers a line of cherry and plum fruit, accented by spice flavors. Focused and balanced, lingering pleasantly on the lengthy, mineral-tinged aftertaste. Best from 2021 through 2035."
- Item #: i_352925Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92VINOUS 92 POINTS - "The 2017 Chambolle-Musigny Village comes from north-facing vineyards toward the upper slopes – the last vines to ripen, as they can lie in the shade. Containing 80% whole bunch fruit, it has a well-defined, slightly tertiary bouquet with touches of black pepper and pencil lead. The medium-bodied palate presents fresh red fruit, lightly spiced with white pepper, sage and a touch of tobacco, perhaps a little Morey-like in structure, but with a very long finish. Excellent."
BURGHOUND 91 POINTS - "A more deeply pitched nose features notes of plum, violet and red cherry along with soft spice wisps. The rich and refined middle weight flavors possess a caressing mouthfeel while delivering a moderately firm, dusty and borderline robust finish that offers fine complexity and persistence. A fine but firm Chambolle villages."
- Item #: i_353217Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Meursault Criots is lovely, exhibiting scents of citrus oil, white flowers, and linden mingled with hints of pastry cream and crushed rocks. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, satiny and nicely concentrated, with a layered, tensile core and a long, chalky finish. Given its location next to Les Santenots, it’s impressive that Ballot managed to produce such a racy wine."
- Item #: i_333986Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottle75% Mourvèdre, 14% Grenache, 9% Cinsault, 2% Carignan
Bandol, South of France, France- Boasting a dark berry, spicy character with cedary, olive, peppery, smoky flavors in a robust format. Ripe and lush textured, there are nuances of chocolate on the mineral laden finish. Mostly Mourvedre, with some Grenache, Cinsault and Carignan.
- Item #: i_353121Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine la Barroche is a family estate that has been passed down from one generation to the next since the 14th century. Julien’s father, Christian Barrot, is passionate about viticulture and has taken meticulous care of the family’s 12.5 hectare of vines since the early 1970’s. Until Julien joined his father back in 2002, all of the wine had been sold in bulk to negociants. Now, half of the Grenache vines are more than 100 years-old and are some of the oldest found in Chateauneuf-du-Pape. Julien has moved to completely organic viticulture (not certified) and his father is still following his passion and continues to work in the vineyards. Taking all of his father’s work to the next level, Julien is now vinifying each grape variety and some parcels separately, studying and learning his holdings parcel by parcel.
The 2017 Domaine La Barroche Chateauneuf-du-Pape offers a singular wine personality, a delicate alchemy of spices and well-ripened black fruits, a delight for the senses.
- Item #: i_352599Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93VINOUS 93 POINTS - "Pale yellow. Graceful nose offers scents of pear and menthol lifted by a floral topnote. At once silky, juicy and bone-dry, showing a light floral touch and lovely subtle intensity. The slowly building back end is very dry but not austere. This notably harmonious wine is distinctly more floral than Leroux's Meursault bottlings."
- Item #: i_304757Bottle Size: 750MLSince the 2004 vintage, we have expanded our work with the Levet family to include a second bottling of Cote Rotie known as “Les Journaries”, a cuvée drawn from grapes harvested from old vines in the “La Landonne” lieu-dit. This wine is more subtle, more elegant and “quieter” if you will than the “Chavaroche”. At the same time, it is very much a Levet wine with a bouquet of violets, wild berries, a touch of animal and resinous-like tannins that speak of the inclusion of stems (a hallmark of the Levet tradition). The “Journaries” is approachable at an earlier stage than its companion “La Chavaroche” but, that being said, it is a wine that not only ages gracefully but almost requires a touch of patience. Bernard Levet’s wines are well-structured wines that are built for aging and experience significant improvement with time in bottle. In our opinion, these wines at maturity reflect most effectively the true nature of the terroir of Cote Rotie. MADROSE
- Item #: i_353490Bottle Size: 750ml1.07 hectares from two parcels: Réas and la Rivière. Primary fermentation in cement tank and then moved to barrels for malolactic fermentation and aging. 35% new oak
Amélie Berthaut's emergence as one of Burgundy's rising stars by now needs no reiteration, but the quality of her 2017 portfolio demonstrates that the plaudits she has received are amply justified.Berthaut has a magic touch. The wines are alive and vibrant, and offer a truly unique expression.
Amélie insists that the most important work happens in the vineyards and working the soil. She follows lutte raisonnée farming, with a strong leaning towards organic viticulture: no herbicides or pesticides in the vineyards. The biggest threats are oidium and mildew, but she avoids spraying at all if possible.
- Item #: i_353017Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Boisson-Vadot is one of the finest, outstanding small producers in the village of Meursault that are not particularly well known beyond their native France, but which produce stellar examples of Meursault. The estate is currently run by the father and son team of Bernard and Pierre Boisson, who turn out between three and four thousand cases of wine per year.
No-brainer red Burg buy from one of the hottest names with those in the know. You have to try at least one of these!
- Item #: i_344258Bottle Size: 750MLTillets is south facing and therefore profiting in more sunlight. This vineyard used to have lime-trees (called Tille Tillet Or) growing around the outskirts which in the medeival times were used for creating medicines. This soil gives us a wine that shows off the wonderful characteristics of a typical Meursault - the subtle yet powerful aromas staying loyal to its name. Subtle aromas of stone fruits, with a bold palate, balanced minerality, and a long, elegant finish. Pairs well with salmon.
- Item #: i_353341Bottle Size: 750mlThe estate practices sustainable farming, avoiding pesticides and herbicides, and using indigenous yeasts for fermentation. Harvest is exclusively by hand.
A lower-altitude villages-level plot, ‘Reuchaux’ is found near the village border with Meursault. Soils are deeper, with limestone subsoils. A bit more heft, a bit more flesh than your usual Puligny, but still chock-full of herbs and flowers and spice.
- Item #: i_351072Bottle Size: 750mlCERTIFIED ORGANIC
Catherine and Pierre Breton are the real life bon vivants vignerons of lore. They are passionate about what they do, they enjoy sharing it with others, and they entertain with a generosity and charm. That they make great wine with such integrity makes our appreciation of them complete. The Bretons farm eleven hectares of vines just east of Bourgueil in the village of Restigné. They produce Chinon and Bourgueil, as well as a bit of Vouvray, creating honest wines for both early consumption and longer aging. The Bretons first introduced biodynamic practices into their viticulture in 1994, just after receiving their organic certification in 1991. Recently, they started the three-year process of seeking biodynamic certification. In fact, they have become international icons for the natural wine movement in an area where the climate and soil can make organic viticulture difficult. The Wines of Terroir from Chinon and Bourgueil are destined for long life in your cellar. Each of the Breton cuvées is unique, with differences in soil, vinification, and élévage all playing a role while still demonstrating a familial resemblance. Catherine and Pierre are fighting the good fight in a competitive market, adding work to their busy days all in the name of authenticity. This wine is from 40-year-old Cabernet Franc, and it is stupendous.
- Item #: i_351375Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Wine Spectator: 95Decanter: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 95JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "The 2017 Châteauneuf Du Pape is another sunny, beautifully Provençal effort that has a huge nose of garrigue, raw steak, leather, truffle, and peppery spice. Medium to full-bodied, concentrated, and balanced, it’s not a massive Beaucastel yet it has a classic, Provençal, incredibly satisfying style that will benefit from 4-6 years of bottle age and keep for two decades."
WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The full-bodied, dense 2017 Chateauneuf du Pape seems a bit closed at the moment, but Asian five spice powder still brings plenty of complexity and nuance to the rich, dark fruit aromas and flavors. Multidimensional, layered and long, this is another terrific vintage for Beaucastel's main cuvée, perhaps falling just slightly behind the 2016 and 2018."
- Item #: i_353133Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 94JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "Moving to the 2017s and starting with the base Châteauneuf Du Pape, it's a blend of 80% Grenache and 20% Syrah that was brought up mostly in demi-muids. Revealing a ruby/purple hue as well as notes of black raspberries, kirsch, garrigue, incense, and loamy soil and earth, this beauty hits the palate with beautiful depth of fruit, a layered, rounded, sexy texture, no hard edges, remarkable purity, and just tons of charm. Drink it any time over the coming decade or more."
- Item #: i_350966Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93VINOUS 93 POINTS - "e 2017 Pouilly-Fuissé Clos des Quarts, co-owned by Olivier Merlin and Dominique Lafon, does not include the oldest vines in this particular vintage. Since these were planted in 1917, this plot was bottled separately in magnums to celebrate its centenary. It has a very classy bouquet, one that is beautifully defined with orange pith, apricot, lime flower and jasmine aromas that all gain intensity with aeration. The quality terroir comes through, even without those old vines. The palate is fresh and citrus-driven on the entry, bright and vivid with notes of orange rind, pine kernels, hints of mango and spice. This feels very harmonious and focused, demonstrating impressive depth on the flinty finish. This is a very impressive Pouilly-Fuissé from one of its most historic and now rejuvenated vineyards"
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS -"The 2016 Pouilly-Fuissé Clos des Quarts is very pretty, opening in the glass with a complex bouquet of peach, confit citrus, lemon and smoke, framed by a judicious touch of recently used oak. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, satiny and elegant, with succulent balancing acids. This is an ample, approachable and open-knit rendition of the Clos des Quarts, replete with immediate charm."
- Item #: i_352773Bottle Size: 750mlNATURAL WINE
From 1992, Thierry and Isabelle Daulhiac have had the run of the nineteenth century manor house and the surrounding fifteen hillside hectares of vineyards, since it was handed down to them from the previous two generations. They are nestled between two oft-foggy appellations of Montbazillac and Sainte-Foy, in the town of Razac de Saussignac, with vines facing the Dordogne, about two kilometers to the north. When they took over in 1992, traditional farming methods were common, but the duo have slowly converted to organic (near biodynamic) practices in the vineyards.
This ripe wine from a very fine vintage in Bergerac, is fully structured while also having a fine black-currant fruitiness. Half-and-half Merlot and Cabernet Franc, it has a perfumed edge along with rich juicy acidity and fruits.
- Item #: i_351607Bottle Size: 750mlThis straightforward and delicious dry white Bordeaux displays a tantalizing nose of vibrant gooseberry and passionfruit aromas with flavors of honey & fresh melons braced by a savory spine of minerality. Medium bodied with good acidity and ample fruit this fresh bright refreshing and well-priced Bordeaux Blanc is one of the better values from Entre Deux Mers. Made by Pierre Lurton the general manager of Cheval Blanc and Yquem among others. (Sauvignon Blanc & Semillon)
- Item #: i_352381Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 95Wine Enthusiast: 93 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsWINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - " A bold style, with quince, lemon curd, creamed pear, apricot and white peach flavors lending range and weight. Verbena and warm brioche details infuse the lush finish. Very showy and pulls it off. Drink now through 2021."
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS
WINE ENTHUSIAST 93
- Item #: i_350340Bottle Size: 750mlWines from Le Clos du Caillou are Rhône blends at their most intense. Concentrated and richly textured, these organically raised, older-vine wines capture the spice and silk of old-vine Grenache grown on the region’s finest terroirs. Each wine too reflects the native perfumes of the south, the “garrigue” blend of thyme, rosemary and lavender that grows wild among the estate’s vines. Of all the terroir in the Côtes du Rhône appellation, the “clos” of Caillou has to be one of the most exceptional. Completely surrounded by Châteauneuf-du-Pape vineyards, this walled parcel of land was intentionally left out of the appellation by the owner, following a bureaucratic spat back in 1936. What this means today is that Caillou’s Côtes du Rhône wines are the qualitatively the same, with regard to terroir and exposition, as top Châteauneuf wines.