- Item #: i_352686Bottle Size: 750ml100% Savagnin from 40 year old vines grown on blue marl/clay/limestone soil. Aged in large wooden vats for 18 months. Ouillé. This cuvée shares a name with J-F's winemaking sidekick, the family Weimaraner. Unlike the dog, this is redolent of yellow plums, sea salt, honey, and white pepper.
- Item #: i_352602Bottle Size: 750mlFrom 104 year old Pinot Fin vines, this has to be one of the greatest value reds to be found in Burgundy, and the 2015 rendition is especially good. Brooding dark fruit, coniferous forest floor and espresso lead into a deep, fine-grained and very complete palate with a silky core of ripe, fine tannins and lovely concentration.
- Item #: i_350312Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+WINE ADVOCATE 93 + POINTS: "The 2016 Lirac Domaine du Clos de Sixte is a terrific wine, easily the rival to many Châteauneufs from across the river, starting with its alluring aromas of flowering garrigue and ripe cherries. A blend of 50% Grenache, 35% Syrah and 15% Mourvèdre, this full-bodied wine is lush and concentrated on the palate, then turns velvety on the long finish. I'd treat it like a Châteauneuf du Pape in terms of cellaring: hold it for a few years, then drink it over the next 15. - Joe Czerwinski" - Robert Parker's Wine Advocate (Issue 233, October 2017), 93+ pts
Alain Jaume Domaine du Clos de Sixte Lirac is made from 50% Grenache, 35% Syrah, 15% Mourvedre
- Item #: i_351699Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 95Decanter: 97 PointsWine Enthusiast: 96 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsWINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "This offers a mix of red and black cherry paste flavors, infused with a range of bay leaf, savory, tobacco, olive and chalk notes. Shows a grippy feel through the finish, with the chalky minerality driving through. Best from 2022 through 2038."
#57 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2019
DECANTER 97 POINTS - "From lieux-dits Mazard and La Côte, 80% destemmed. Sun-warmed herbs accompany sand, lavender and raspberry on the nose. It has good aromatic freshness and definition, and the full-bodied palate is also clean, super-fresh and lively. It's dense and ripe, defined by serrated tannins, keen acidity and a mouth-coating character. This is full of character, a very classic expression of Cornas that's not massive, but is detailed, clear and sinewy with mineral hints. Seriously good this year."
- Item #: i_351473Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Boisson, located in Meursault, was not very well known until recently. It was a kind of hidden gem. The domaine is part of the family Domaine Boisson-Vadot which is divided into three entities: the parents have Boisson-Vadot, the son Pierre Boisson and the daughter Anne Boisson. The élevage for the wines is long (between 15 and 20 months) and the quality of the wine is regular, with great finesse and infinite finish. The Meursault Sous la Velle has an open bouquet with aromas of citrus and white-fleshed fruit (apple and pear) and acacia notes. It has a fresh, nicely fruity palate with a distinctive mineral quality.
- Item #: i_352133Bottle Size: 750mlCERTIFIED ORGANIC
Natural fermentation, low doses of sulfur, cement cuve, no wood; long fermentations, then wines are aged for 6 to 8 months on fine lees.
Antoine set out on a solo mission that consisted of a return to natural farming and winemaking, and getting Patrimonio drunk by those who care, away from the tourists and off the island. Mission accomplished, to put it mildly. After all these years, Arena is the reference point of wine merchants the world over for great Corsican wine. It has done more for Corsica and Patrimonio than anyone could have dreamed of. So what makes Carco so special? The path to greatness is wrought with trials and tribulations. In the early days, Antoine’s rouges were inconsistent—at times great, at other times hot and funky, as he experimented with various ways to battle the island’s excessive heat. The Carco blanc, though, was perfection from the start: timeless Vermentinu imbued with salt, sun, and rocks year in and year out. Through it all, Carco kept steady and won Corsica its proverbial seat at the table. Chris Santini, Kermit Lynch wine merchant
- Item #: i_351708Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Pure cherry, raspberry and stony mineral flavors are the hallmarks of this juicy red, with a firm, well-integrated structure. Combines elegance and muscle. The finish is dense and long. Best from 2022 through 2036."
- Item #: i_351962Bottle Size: 750mlThis Bourgogne rouge is surprisingly charming and floral. This Pinot is a blend of seven different plots around Cote de Nuits, 50% from Chambolle Musigny appellation, 25% from Nuits Saint Georges, and 25% from Vosne Romanée. Flamboyant aroma of supple rose petal, wild strawberries, and raspberry. 60% whole cluster. Great lightness and gentleness.
- Item #: i_350722Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 88-91The Chambolle-Musigny is a beauty made from several different plots located quite high in the Chambolle appellation south of the village – i.e. from a quite cool area. This translates into a gorgeous village – the bouquet is brimming with fresh red fruit with notes of red currant, pomegranate and forest strawberries – infused by a classic Chambolle minerality. On the palate very vibrant offering gorgeous mid-palate fruit brought forward by a fresh acidity and the filigree minerality. A truly lovely Chambolle village.
- Item #: i_352148Bottle Size: 750mlMade from vines averaging about 50 years old, the Malacare is primarily Syrah (60%) and Grenache (25%) with a small amount of Carignan (10%), and comes from southwest-facing slopes of sandy soil. After a fairly long cuvaison of about 3 weeks, the wine is aged mostly in concrete for roughly a year, with the Syrah partly aged in large barrels before being bottled.
- Item #: i_352756Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Berthet-Bondet is located in the subregion of Château-Chalon, the heartland of the Jura. The 2016 Trio was made of three grape varieties, 50% Trousseau, 30% Poulsard, and 20% Pinot Noir, all organically farmed and hand harvested. Berries were sorted, destemmed, and underwent a short maceration to extract desired flavors, color, and tannins. Fermentation and maturation were conducted in stainless steel tanks. Primary aromas and flavors included strawberry, red cherry, tomato leaf, tea, tarragon, juniper, and rhubarb. Tertiary notes included dusty trail and cherry compote.
- Item #: i_333781Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 97Jeb Dunnuck: 99 PointsTasting through the stunning line-up from Bosquet de Papes re-affirmed the brilliance of this estate and reinforced our belief in the strength of the 2016 vintage in Chateauneuf du Pape. The wines from top to bottom are stunning and appear to be the best this great estate has made to date. Shockingly, the wines continue to offer an amazing quality to price ratio. Where else in the world can you find such critically acclaimed wines at such compelling prices?
Consider the following quotes from critics who review Rhone wines for a living:
"The wines here seem to be going from strength to strength" - Wine Advocate
"Today this estate unquestionably produces some of the top wines in the appellation" - Jeb Dunnuck
'This is a property to buy from before pricing jumps" - Wine Advocate
Nicolas Boiron is the gregarious, larger than life personality who has led this family owned domaine to its greatest heights. Each of these wines has its own personality, but the common thread is they all display delicious, full-bodied fruit flavors enveloped in silky smooth tannins.
JEB DUNNUCK 99 POINTS - "The deepest colored of the trio and a true “Wow” wine, the 2016 Châteauneuf-du-Pape La Folie is 80% Grenache and 20% Mourvèdre that was completely destemmed and brought up 10% new barrels, with the balance in demi-muids. An insane bouquet of black cherry liqueur, blackberries, crushed rocks, and pepper garrigue gives way to a full-bodied, incredibly polished, seamless Grenache. This beauty does everything right and possesses a vibrant, sexy texture, no hard edges, and a blockbuster finish. It will most likely merit a triple-digit score in a few years and cruise for a decade or more."
WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "The 2016 Chateauneuf du Pape la Folie is a special cuvée that has only been made three times: in 2007, 2015 and 2016. As Nicolas Boiron points out, it's a "modern style" of Châteauneuf, completely destemmed and aged in demi-muids and barriques, with a fair proportion of those barrels being new. Mocha cedar notes mark the nose at this early age, while the flavors resemble caramelized cherries and baking spices. Full-bodied, rich, creamy and undeniably plush, it's still recognizable as Châteauneuf-du-Pape, showing velvety hints of chocolate on the long finish. The assemblage is 80% Grenache and 20% Mourvèdre."
- Item #: i_376412Bottle Size: 750mlThe Champagne Naturellement by Cazé-Thibaut is the result of biodynamically farmed, 100% Meunier grapes harvested in Châtillon-sur-Marne, a village located in Vallée de la Marne. Vinification occurs for 50% in fût de chêne and 50% in steel tanks for this rare Champagne Blanc de Meunier - particularly vertical, where acidity, minerality and fine perlage invite champagne lovers to sip it.
- Item #: i_322154Bottle Size: 750MLWINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "A bramble- and bay leaf—edged version, with a mix of dark cherry and red currant fruit forming the core. Light singed tobacco and a fresh chalk threads line the finish. Long and refined, showing a lovely tug of earth at the end. Drink now through 2026."
Les Varennes du Grand Clos is a slope of siliceous clay and limestone that has proven its ability to yield complex Chinons that stand the test of time-old bottles from decades past are still in their prime. Farming is organic, and the wine ages for over a year in barrel before bottling. The trademark of Les Varennes is its finesse: while structure is certainly not lacking, there is a harmony to fruit, acid, and tannins that allows us to pull the cork today. Its earthy flavors pair perfectly with rustic French cuisine; try a beef stew or wild mushrooms for a guaranteed match.
- Item #: i_321295Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 89-91Jeb Dunnuck: 96 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 94-96 POINTS - "Also not yet bottled the 2016 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée des Felix offers a similar level of concentration, yet is more tight, structured, and elegant. Currants, scorched earth, leather, and ground pepper notes give way to a full-bodied, powerful, concentrated 2016 that's going to benefit from short-term cellaring yet cruise for two decades. This cuvée is 65% Grenache, 25% Mourvèdre, and the rest a mix of varieties, all aged in very old barrels."
- Item #: i_353006Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 91-93 POINTS - ""Still not bottled, the 2016 Châteauneuf-du-Pape is a terrific wine, as well as a great example of the vintage. Ripe and upfront, with a gorgeous bouquet of black cherries, blackberries, new saddle leather, and roasted herbs, it's full-bodied, has sensational depth and richness, ripe, yet present tannin, and a great finish. Give it a few years and drink it over the following 10-15 years."
- Item #: i_352749Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 93James Suckling: 95Wine Enthusiast: 97 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 97 Points**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE ENTHUSIAST 97 POINTS - "This wine is dense, mingling spicy nutmeg along with superb ripe honey and marmalade flavors. With its balanced acidity and opulence, it is going to be a great wine."
JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "One of the top sweet wines in this report is the 2016 Château Coutet, which has the vintage’s plush, opulent style as well as thrilling purity and good acids. Pineapple, white flowers, sugared peach, and honeyed notes all emerge from this full-bodied, layered, balanced Barsac that’s already impossible to resist yet will evolve gracefully 2+ decades."
JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "The vibrant, tropical fruit-coulis character The vibrant, tropical fruit-coulis character draws you into this concentrated and elegant Barsac. Then the crisp acidity and a wave of lemon and mineral character comes through, driving the finish out in the direction of the horizon. Drink or hold."
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Pale lemon colored, the 2016 Coutet reveals gorgeous quince paste, candied ginger and key lime pie scents with touches of lemon marmalade and peach compote. Full-bodied, rich and seriously seductive, it has a lively line cutting through the sweet, dense layers and epically long finish."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Unctuous in feel, with marzipan, candied orange peel and praline notes leading the way for a juicy display of mango, peach and papaya flavors. The rich finish has a nice toasty hint. Best from 2023 through 2038."
- Item #: i_334210Bottle Size: 750MLDeep purple color with aromas of black cherries, dark berries, figs, and hints of black tea, tobacco and pepper. Bright and youthful, medium bodied but fruit forward and friendly without being over-extracted. Excellent tannin intergration and very food friendly.
- Item #: i_344231Bottle Size: 750MLBrézé is a unique site due to its relatively high elevation and eminently nuanced geological profile. The high composition of tuffeau, a porous, chalky limestone also used in the construction of much of the Loire’s Renaissance architecture, results in finely mineral Chenin Blanc. Clay and sand also lend themselves to the diversity of the terroirs, giving body to the reds and richness to the whites. With five historic and clearly delimited Clos to work with, the Lambert duo has the incredible opportunity to truly understand and reveal the distinctions within this extraordinary appellation.
- Item #: i_351680Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The estate’s top wine is the 2016 Lirac Secret de la Grange, a 90-10 blend of Grenache and Syrah that never sees oak. This full-bodied blend is fabulously concentrated and lush, with ripe fruit flavors of raspberries and stone fruits, an intriguing hint of almond paste and a rich, long finish tinged with licorice. It should drink well for up to a decade."
- Item #: i_334081Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "This is light-bodied but backed by focused acidity and streamlined flavors of pure cherry and raspberry that are tangy and spicy, flanked by white pepper, tea and herb details."
- Item #: i_352765Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92ORGANIC CULTIVATION
Les Vérillats has a deep red color with an intense nose of black fruit, unusual for the appellation. The mouth is full and supple, with a delicious smoothness balanced by the freshness of the fruit and spices.