- Item #: i_350697Bottle Size: 750mlORGANIC
The Aligoté is the traditional white grape of Burgundy. 60 year-old vines from within the commune of Meursault. This is a great value, and we should all be thankful that the Boissons have resisted the temptation to re-plant this site with Chardonnay.
Burgundy Aligoté reveals a very aromatic nose of fresh almonds and quince. This balanced and straight wine has a lovely mineral taste on the finish.
- Item #: i_350698Bottle Size: 750mlThe wines of Domaine Boisson-Vadot have always been excellent, with a classic, soil-driven and racy style not encumbered by excessive new oak or extensive battonage, but the wines have taken a notable step up in quality now that father and son Boisson are working side by side. The Boisson family have been vignerons in Meursault for more than two centuries, and the wines today are as fine as they have ever been in the long and illustrious family history.
- Item #: i_399920Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 95#55 ON WINE SPECTATOR TOP 100 WINES OF 2018
WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "This brims with ripe, juicy plum, blackberry and açaí berry flavors, studded with licorice and fruitcake notes and backed by a nicely integrated apple wood detail through the finish. Pumps a lot of fruit out but does so energetically. Best from 2020 through 2035."
- Item #: i_300152Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90Wine Spectator: 88James Suckling: 90-91ROBERTPARKER.COM 90 POINTS: "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2015 Belgrave has a nose of crushed black currant, chocolate-covered cherries, warm plums and lilacs with touches of garrigue and forest floor. Medium to full-bodied with firm, ripe, grainy tannins and wonderfully pure black fruits with lovely floral accents, it finishes long and perfumed."
JAMES SUCKLING 90-91 POINTS: "A rich and spicy young red with chocolate, plum and berry aromas and flavors. Full and silky textured. Very attractive."
WINE SPECTATOR 88 POINTS: "Plump, with a core of steeped plum and fig preserve flavors, inlaid with hints of humus and tobacco. Reveals a juniper note on the relatively soft finish. Drink now through 2020. 18,833 cases made." –JM
- Item #: i_353094Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92VINOUS 92 POINTS - "Moderately saturated medium red. Sexy, musky aromas of fresh, ripe strawberry, raspberry, menthol and licorice. Quite penetrating for the vintage, with its touch of sweetness effortlessly carried by firm acidity cooling menthol and underlying minerality. This very sexy wine finishes firm and long, with a solid tannic spine and an element of saline complexity. Really spreads out on the end to dust the entire palate and vibrate."
- Item #: i_351034Bottle Size: 750mlThe Boisson-Vadot wines are the best bottles of Burgundy that you've never heard of. They are largely consumed by a dedicated following in France. What is exported to the US overwhelmingly ends up on wine lists at The French Laundry and Eleven Madison Park.
Bernard, his son Pierre, and daughter Anne, are the best kept secret in Burgundy's Côte de Beaune. The family's friendship with Domaine Coche-Dury has clearly had an impact on the style of wine here, one with a magical touch of reduction that so many try to emulate with very few finding similar success. Here that reduction is executed brilliantly, offering a flinty and saturating mineral quality matched with deep texture and outrageous concentration and length.
- Item #: i_353696Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 96James Suckling: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 94VINOUS 96 POINTS : "The 2015 Brane-Cantenac is powerful, structured and explosive in feel. A deep, resonant wine, the 2015 boasts off the charts ripeness allied to formidable structure and tannic heft. I imagine the 2015 is going to need a number of years to become approachable and more than that to be at its best. The dark stone fruit, smoke, tobacco, spice and leather flavors pack a huge punch, but it is the wine's balance that places it among the elite on the Left Bank in 2015. Brane-Cantenac is a total pleasure bomb. I can't wait to taste it with a little bottle age."
JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS : "The 2015 Château Brane-Cantenac checks in as a mix of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 26% Merlot and the balance Cabernet Franc and Carmenere brought up in roughly 75% new French oak. This medium to full-bodied beauty excels on all accounts and gives up gorgeous notes of blackcurrants, lead pencil, spice and hints of toasted bread. Polished, impeccably balanced, concentrated, and with ripe tannin, it’s a rock star in 2015 that can be drunk young or cellared for 20-25 years."
JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS : "Quite impressive ripe dark plums and blackberries with sweet, earthy depth and cedary background oak on the nose. The palate has smooth, slick tannins that carry rich dark fruit long and fresh. This has terrific energy and depth. Really vibrant. Incredible length."
- Item #: i_345483Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 90 POINTS -"This too is super-fresh with its airy nose that combines floral, red currant and evident wet stone scents. The racy and tension-filled flavors possess a really lovely mouth feel if perhaps not quite the overall depth and length as the best of these villages wines."
VINOUS 90 POINTS - "(from vines planted in the 1980s on rocky soil): Good dark red. Quite reticent on the nose, and a bit diffuse. Then juicy and sweet in the mouth, with soil-driven red berry flavors complicated by red licorice and mineral notes. Good density and breadth here--and a bit more size than usual for this wine. Finishes with dusty, horizontal tannins. Clair noted that this bottling is taking on more power as the vines age."
- Item #: i_374880Bottle Size: 750MLThe vineyards of Merfy, seven kilometers north of Reims, lie on the southern slopes of the Massif de Saint-Thierry in the Montagne de Reims. These slopes were planted shortly after the arrival of the Romans and monks of the neighboring Abbey of Saint-Thierry expanded the vineyards in the 7th century. Today, Chartogne-Taillet remains the only grower-producer in the village and under Alexandre Chartogne’s guidance, the wines of Chartogne-Taillet are some of the most sought-after Champagnes being produced. Lovers of grower champagne are familiar with Chartogne-Taillet’s Les Barres, the single parcel, un-grafted Meunier wine, released first in the 2006 vintage. This was the first wine that Alexandre produced after returning home to his family domaine, from working with Anselme Selosse, his mentor.
- Item #: i_351078Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 91Vinous Media: 92James Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "A vivid and bright red with plum and spice plus hints of cedar and sandalwood. Medium to full body, silky tannins and a flavorful finish. The plush tannins to this give it weight and opulence. Needs a year or two to soften."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Medium to deep garnet-purple in color, the 2015 Fombrauge offers up aromas of baked berries, dried mulberries and preserved plums with touches of Indian spices and game. Medium to full-bodied with loads of expressive fruit, it has firm, grainy tannins and finishes with a lively lift."
- Item #: i_353579Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91Vinous Media: 92James Suckling: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 92It's hard to believe it's been a couple of years since the highly acclaimed 2015 Bordeaux vintage was released. It's even harder to believe that there are still some great wines at reasonable prices to be found. We were thrilled to find the always delicious St Emilion Grand Cru Chateau Haut Brisson was still available so we asked for a sample and we loved it!
This is a serious wine, aromatically expressive and full of delicious, perfectly ripened dark fruit flavors that speak so highly of the vintage. Surprisingly complex, the fruit is framed perfectly by the high-quality French oak adding notes of cocoa and Asian spices. The tannins are already nicely integrated, lending a smooth, mouth-filling quality to this delicious Bordeaux.
The critics also attest to the quality of this wine with James Suckling awarding Haut Brisson a score of 95 Points stating it is the "Best Haut Brisson ever." He also called it seductive with silky tannins and beautiful fruit. Jed Dunnuck weighed in noting its solid mid-palate depth, a light, graceful texture, fine tannin and impressive length.
The famous enologist, Michel Rolland was retained to assist and as usual brought his prowess to bear. This Bordeaux-bred flying winemaker has consulted on a who's who of clients around the world including highly regarded Bordeaux estates such as Angelus, Ausone, Leoville Poyferre, Pape Clement, Pavie and Smith Haut Lafitte. He has also worked with Harlan and Bond in Napa as well as the great Super-Tuscan producer, Ornellaia in Italy among many others.
The terroir of these vineyards is composed primarily of gravel and sandy soils and the vines average 30 years of age. Chateau Haut Brisson has identified the differing soil types and vinifies each plot separately before blending. Malolactic fermentation takes place in barrel. The wine is then aged for four months on its post-malo lees before being placed in French oak barrels for an additional 12 to 15 months.
In years past, the Chateau produced a reserve wine, but beginning in 2015 put all of these superior grapes into this bottling, which accounts for its increased quality.
The 2015 Haut Brisson offers immediate pleasure and is thoroughly enjoyable with a short decant. It is also capable of aging if that is your desire. Either way, this is a great buy on a delicious Bordeaux.
JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "This is the best Haut-Brisson ever showing ripe dark plums and chocolate on the nose, which is so seductive. The palate is all about the silky tannins and beautiful fruit. Full body, gorgeous fruit and a complex aftertaste. So precise and impressive. Texturally complete. Drink or hold."
JEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "Made by Jerome Aguirre, who previously worked at Christine Pere-Verge's vineyards in Pomerol, utilizing Michel Rolland as a consultant, the 2015 Chateau Haut Brisson is a gem based on 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc that was raised in 35% new French oak. This medium to full-bodied, concentrated, intellectual 2015 offers a lifted, perfumed style in its cassis and assorted black/blue fruits, dried violets, Asian spice, and earthy, gravely, mineral-nuances. With solid mid-palate depth, a light, graceful texture, fine tannin and impressive length, I'd give bottle 4-5 years of cellaring and enjoy over the following 10-15 years. It's a beautiful wine. Tasted twice"
VINOUS 92 POINTS - "The sumptuous, racy 2015 Haut-Brisson has turned out beautifully. Super-ripe dark cherry, mocha, espresso, licorice, exotic spice and new leather meld together in this effortless, beautifully resonant Saint-Émilion. Readers should expect a bold, full-throttle style. The blend is 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc."
- Item #: i_351701Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 91WINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "This wine has weight and rich fruit. It also offers the tannins and structure associated with Saint-Estèphe, which balance the generous potential of the blackberry flavors. Half-and-half Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, the wine needs to age. Drink from 2025."
- Item #: i_346032Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91James Suckling: 92Wine Enthusiast: 91JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS: - "Very pretty aromas of perfume, currants and orange peel follow through to a full body, round and chewy tannins and a flavorful finish. Solid and structured. Give it two years to soften. Better in 2020."
WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS: "Offers an enticing core of plum, black currant and raspberry paste flavors that are mixed with light charcoal, licorice and singed alder notes. This has energy to match its range through the finish. Merlot and Cabernet Franc. Best from 2019 through 2025. 9,600 cases made."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS: "This is a ripe, lightly toasty wine, rich with blackberry flavors and showing considerable weight. It offers a touch of licorice, a firm core and the potential to age. This is the first vintage under the Jean-Claude Labrune family for this 130-acre organic Fronsac estate."
- Item #: i_353348Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 92JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "A soft and juicy wine with plums, chocolate and some violets. Medium to full body and a round and caressing tannin texture. Flavorful finish. Drink in 2020 but already gorgeous."
- Item #: i_353665Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 92WINE ENTHUSIAST 92 POINTS - "This wine's black currant aromas shine. It's still young and structured, its firm tannins at the fore. But those black currant flavors are crisp and fruity, highlighting its fine balance, as all the elements fall into place. Drink from 2020."
- Item #: i_346045Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93Wine Spectator: 95Vinous Media: 93James Suckling: 95Wine Enthusiast: 93WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS: "A rich, expressive, slightly showy style, with waves of cassis, creamed raspberry and boysenberry fruit racing forth, backed by a polished yet ample structure. The long, licorice- and ganache-framed finish packs on weight as it moves along, yet stays defined and pure. Impressive."
JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS: "A rich and round wine with beautiful fruit and chocolate, meat and berry character. Full body and a juicy finish. Hard not to drink now as it’s so delicious. But wait. Drink in 2020 onwards."
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS: "Blended of 60% Merlot, 30% Cabernet Franc and 10% Cabernet Sauvignon and aged in French oak, 70% new, the deep garnet-purple colored 2015 Monbousquet simply sings even at this youthful stage with notes of crushed black cherries, mulberries and cassis with touches of lavender, cloves, Sichuan pepper and roses. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is finely textured with wonderful elegance and impressive depth, offering up perfumed black berry layers and a long finish that whispers fragrant earth suggestions."
- Item #: i_353199Bottle Size: 750mlIn the nose, Château Villars shows great freshness, floral or fruity depending on the year, and a touch of spices. On the palate it unfolds into powerfully crafted, very elegant tannins. Drink or age for up to 10 more years.
- Item #: i_351779Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94WINE ADVOCATE 92-94 POINTS - "The 2015 Rouget is the blend of five parcels around the Pomerol plateau and I took time to taste each of them when I visited Edouard Labruyère. A blend of 80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc aged in one-third new oak, it has quite a punchy, high-toned bouquet with licorice-tinged red fruit that opens nicely in the glass. The palate is medium-bodied with ripe tannin, rounded in the mouth with moderate acidity, the Cabernet Franc very articulate. I like the cohesion here, svelte in the mouth with black fruit and allspice fanning out on the structured, sandalwood finish. This is a well-crafted Rouget that deserves wider consumer appreciation. I would not be surprised if this Rouget ends up at the top of my banded score."
VINOUS 90-93 POINTS - "The 2015 Rouget is outstanding. Plump, juicy and forward, the 2015 possesses terrific depth to match its flamboyant personality. Black cherry, plum, mocha, dark spice and licorice abound in this forward Pomerol. The style is unquestionably ripe and modern, but very nicely judged. Consulting winemaker Michel Rolland has done a fine job here."
- Item #: i_349955Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94Wine Spectator: 96WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS: "This is tightly coiled, with intense raspberry and cherry reduction notes waiting to unwind, but held in check for now by myriad licorice, iron, rooibos tea and singed alder details. Shows terrific cut and tension through the finish, revealing a blaze of minerality. Just needs some time to harmonize fully."
- Item #: i_353426Bottle Size: 750mlBIODYNAMIC, ORGANIC
A blend of roussanne, white grenache and marsanne with a touch of viognier – from the southern Rhône Valley. Deliciously rich, concentrated wine with mandarin, orange zest, toasted almond, apricot and subtle spice flavours. A complex, powerful wine that’s textural and mouthfilling.” – Bob Campbell MW Tasting Note: A blend of Rousanne, White Grenache and Marsanne, with a touch of Viognier. Barrel-aged for 8 months. The nose is powerful and expressive with citrus aromas and hints of toasted almonds and anise. In the mouth it has flavours of lime with good acidity and mineralogy, and a very long finish. Ideally coupled with foods such as salmon, game, poultry, rabbit, pâté and hard cheeses. Serve lightly chilled at 14ºC. Enjoy now or for five to six years.
- Item #: i_345405Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 91JAMES SUCKLING 91 POINTS - "Fresh nose with berries and chocolate with hints of hazelnuts. Sandalwood. Medium-bodied, linear and focused with fine tannins and a delicious finish. Drink and enjoy."
- Item #: i_346027Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91-93Wine Spectator: 91-94Vinous Media: 90-93James Suckling: 93-94ROBERTPARKER.COM 91-93 POINTS: "The 2015 Clos du Marquis is a blend of 66% Cabernet Sauvignon, 31% Merlot and 3% Cabernet Franc cropped at 39 hl/ha between 22 September and 9 October, a total of 15 days of picking. Matured in 50% new oak, it has a pure and harmonious bouquet with blackberry, sous-bois and subtle tobacco aromas that gently unfold in the glass. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannin in the mouth, a keen line of acidity, fine precision here with a mineral-rich finish that exudes terroir expression. This is a great Clos du Marquis from Jean-Hubert Delon and his team, a Clos du Marquis with swagger."
VINOUSMEDIA 90-93 POINTS: "The 2015 Le Clos du Marquis emerges exclusively from 30+ year-old vines on the property. Lavender, violet, plum, crème de cassis, spice and menthol meld together in a deep, beautifully layered Saint-Julien built on spherical texture and juiciness. Silky tannins give the 2015 its up-front, racy personality, while sweet floral notes add aromatic lift on the finish. This is a very pretty and complete wine. Tasted two times." -- Antonio Galloni
WINE SPECTATOR 91-94 POINTS: "Gorgeous, with anise, plum, blackberry and sweet tobacco notes already melded together seamlessly. Fleshy and inviting through the finish, with long, velvety tannins that are the hallmark of 2015. This is a delicious wine in the making. Score range: 91-94" –JM
JAMES SUCKLING 93-94 POINTS: "Very fine Clos du Marquis and very pure. The cabernet sauvignon really comes through here with extremely pretty tannins and a mineral, dark fruit aftertaste. Clear and precise. Refined."
- Item #: i_353694Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 90Vinous Media: 91James Suckling: 91JAMES SUCKLING 91 POINTS : "A slightly earthy edge to the nose with ripe summer berries below. The palate has impressively smooth, ripe summer berries and a vibrant kick of bright acidity firing the finish along. Best from 2021."
VINOUS 91 POINTS : ""The 2015 Confidences de Prieuré-Lichine is a very pretty second wine. Pliant, supple and inviting, the Confidences is an excellent choice for drinking now and over the next few years. All of the signatures of the Grand Vin come through nicely, but, of course, in miniature. This is a strong showing."
WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS : "Lush and alluring, featuring warmed fig, boysenberry and blackberry confiture notes gliding through atop a silky but persistent structure. The long finish lets the fruit play out, with only a modest hint of alder checking in. Drink now through 2027."
- Item #: i_345233Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 92ROBERT PARKER 92 POINTS - "Perennially one of the best Côtes du Rhône on the market, the Perrins have hit the mark again with their 2015 Cotes du Rhone Coudoulet de Beaucastel. So complex, lush and rich, it can compete with many producers' Châteauneufs, this vintage reveals dark fruit, hints of cola, cinnamon and allspice and a long, slightly warm finish."