- Item #: i_333501Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93Dave Phinney's D66 Cotes Catalanes adds more depth and concentration and includes some Syrah and Carignan in the Grenache dominant blend. This takes it up a notch and is a very crowd-pleasing wine.
ROBERT PARKER 93 POINTS - "A blend of 80% Grenache, 15% Syrah and a splash of Carignan, the 2014 Cotes Catalanes Grenache D66 IGP spent ten months in roughly 30% new barrels. This inky colored, downright sexy 2014 offers terrific notes of blueberries, blackberries, violets and chalky minerality. Big, concentrated and textured, yet still playing in the more elegant style of the 2014 vintage, this beauty will drink well for a decade."
- Item #: i_352928Bottle Size: 750mlFrom a 3 hectare vineyard in the shape of natural amphitheatre at the foot of the Pyrenees in Jurançon. Dagueneau’s makes a limited number of bottles of dry wine from these beloved Jurancon hectares. The aim is to produce a wine that brings out the natural minerality of the soil and have balance, harmony and longevity. Concentrated, racy and extremely memorable.
- Item #: i_351628Bottle Size: 750mlFrom 88 year-old vines, the oldest parcel of the domaine. A cushioned, deep, textured almost dark-fruity-chocolate nose. Mouth-filling, a little tannin plenty of supple structure, with a slightly more mineral and saline mid-palate and finish. Good flavour here. Very likeable wine…
- Item #: i_322361Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Delivers a bright and engaging range of Jonagold apple, melon and pear flavors, with a light hazelnut echo through the finish. Fresh acidity stays well-embedded throughout. Drink now through 2020."
Jura is located to the east of the Côte d’Or, and this area is dominated by the forested Jura Mountains and provides a geographical measure of detachment that allowed certain traditional wine styles and grapes to persist in the region. A classic Jura boasting citrus and nut character( Hint of a sherry character). A Slightly oily texture and a fresh finish, it is mouthfilling, complex and satisfying.
“Fully ripe grapes, brilliantly judged use of wood, and delicate use, too, of controlled oxidation to create what Guy calls “une petite inflection noisette” (“a little hazelnut nose”) are all hallmarks of the domaine’s wines, the consistency of which is impressive for such a cool-climate vineyard region.” -Andrew Jefford, The New France
- Item #: i_300182Bottle Size: 750MLJAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS: "Has some of the earthy power and complexity of a grand cru. An excellent balance of white-fruit character with robust minerality and crisp acidity, driving the imposing finish. Drink or hold."
Tasting notes by Serge Dubs, World's Best Sommelier 1989 :
Young, lively colour, moderately intense, bright lemon yellow with pistachio green hints, a flash of silver, delicately velvety and silky in appearance. Attractive, agreeable bouquet, not too forward, aromatic, perfumed, nicely elegant and refined. Mainly floral aromas of fresh rose, jasmine, reseda, lily, freesia, primrose, with passion fruit, mango and pear. The mouth is filled with aromas that are generous, yet still soft and suave to flatter and charm the palate. It is almost dry, with an elegant finish that is crisp and refreshing. A wine to enjoy now while it is young and its varietal qualities are clearly defined. Ideal as an aperitif, or at any time, to share an agreeable moment with friends. Serve at 8°C. Serve with cheese : munster, auvergne blue, stilton, aged goat's cheese, also with lightly spiced, tasty dishes, Chinese, Moroccan, Indian, and with fruit based cakes and desserts. May be aged for 2 to 3 years.
- Item #: i_399916Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Wine Spectator: 90James Suckling: 90WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The Joanin Bécot 2014, often one of the top performing Côte de Castillon crus, is a blend of 75% Merlot and 25% Cabernet Franc cropped at 30 hectoliter per hectare. Being raised in 60% new wood, it has a very ripe and opulent bouquet, perhaps just a little high-toned in the context of its peers. The palate is medium-bodied with chewy black fruit, nicely integrated oak with a structured, masculine, tertiary finish that is persistence in the mouth. This is a modern style Bordeaux but one that is cleverly and thoughtfully executed."
WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS
- Item #: i_374181Bottle Size: 750mlLaherte is located in the Coteaux Sud d'Epernay not far outside of the city. Here the topography is hilly with a variety of aspects and soil types. This micro cuvee is drawn from Chardonnay vines planted on a west facing slope with thin top soil over a deep bedrock of Campanian chalk.
ANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS - "Here in its first release, the 2014 Extra Brut Blanc de Blancs Les Grandes Crayères is another fabulous wine from Aurelien Laherte. Powerful in the glass, the 2014 possesses striking textural depth and resonance. This is an especially potent, structured expression of Chardonnay. I loved it. Dosage is 4 grams per liter. Disgorged: February 2018."
- Item #: i_379329Bottle Size: 750MLcépage 60% Pinot Noir, 40% Chardonnay
assemblage 100% 2014
village/vyd all Coeur de Cuvée and old vine sélection massale; 40% Pinot Noir from Mareuil-sr-Aÿ 1er Cru (Faubourg D’enfer, Croix Blanche, Pruche, Haut de Varille); 20% Pinot Noir from Aÿ Grand Cru (Cheuzelles, Pierre Robert, Le Leon, Pruche); 30% Chardonnay from Mareuil-sr-Aÿ 1er Cru (Beauregard, Ramonette, Buisson Saint Loup, Clef); 10% Chardonnay from Oiry Grand Cru and Chouilly Grand Cru
Jean-Paul Hébrart has been making some of the very finest wines in the Marne Valley for many years. They have long been favorites of ours. Peter Liem recently, said "Hébrart's wines just keep getting better and better. He's easily one of the best growers in Champagne." Hébrart's wines straddle ripe fruit character and intense soil expression, making them both complex and approachable. They are the wines you drink with people who think that they don't like Champagne.
- Item #: i_352324Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "I love the lively and energetic profile of the 2014 L'Etoile Cuvée Spéciale, which is a sharper wine than the 2015 but also less developed and fresher. It feels very young and undeveloped, with bright acidity, strong minerality and a chalky texture. A brilliant Cuvée Spéciale in the making."
- Item #: i_379384Bottle Size: 750mlThis is 100-percent Pinot Meunier Special Club hails from four select parcels from the Les Fortes Terres vineyard in Cuisles. The warm, south-facing exposure of the site usually renders memorable Champagnes that are silky and full-bodied with plenty of depth. This 2014 edition is no exception as this review suggests:
VINOUS WINE MEDIA 92 POINTS-"The 2014 Brut Special Club Les Fortes Terres shows a more overt side of Meunier. Apricot, orange peel, chamomile, almond and spice notes are all kicked up a notch in this decidedly rich, sumptuous Champagne. Moreover, the Fortes Terres really stands out in this range for its bold, forward personality. Dosage is 3 grams per liter. Disgorged: November 18, 2018."
- Item #: i_376429Bottle Size: 750mlThis Extra Brut Rose is made from 100% organically farmed Pinot Noir grapes all from the 2014 harvest) fermented with indigenous yeast. Half the base wine was aged in neutral oak casks. Its amber reddish hue was achieved through a short maceration on the skins (i.e. traditional Saignee Process)and was disgorged in March of 2016 with a minimal dosage of 3g/l. The aromas show a distinctive rose petal component laced with hints of cardomin and cinnamon. The palate dispalys dried red berries and earthy forest floor notes that are sugestive af a fine Cote de Beaune with bubbles.
- Item #: i_334151Bottle Size: 750ML"I don't only want a good wine, but also a true wine" says Nicolas Joly, the mythical winemaker of Savennieres in the Loire valley. His domaine dates back to the 12th century. In the early 80s, he became one of the pioneer of bio-dynamic, stopped using any kind of chemicals and started to work in the vines with horses. This cuvee Clos de la Bergerie is the testimony of Savennieres's amazing terroir. It needs to be decanted to express its full potential. The nose is extremely expressive with over ripe and caramelised fruit and complex dried flowers aromas. On the palate is incredibly intense and fresh.
- Item #: i_379358Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Disgorged in July 2018 with five grams per liter dosage, the 2014 Brut 1er Cru Blanc de Blancs Gastronome is showing beautifully, bursting from the glass with an expressive bouquet of ripe citrus fruits, Anjou pear, warm bread and fresh peach. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, fleshy but fine boned, with ripe but racy acids, a pretty core of fruit and an elegantly chalky finish."
- Item #: i_378226Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 95This is a rarely encountered "white" Bouzy that displays great texture and depth. The 2014 Les Mottelettes Bouzy Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs Extra-Brut is from an old vineyard planted with Chardonnay and roughly 10% Pinot Blanc in 1961.
- Item #: i_300081Bottle Size: 750MLModerately dense dark red purple. Appealing aroma of scented black and red cherry which are prominent on the palate as well. There is real intensity and persistence without density, and the wine finishes with a defining backbone of acidity and touch of dry tannin. Apparently, this is the promising first year of this domaine, created from a part of the family property by a recent oenology graduate." 60% Grenache, 40% Syrah.
- Item #: i_350897Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 89-91Decanter: 94 PointsDECANTER 94 POINTS: "The charming Romain Taupenot represents the family’s seventh generation here, and he is a strong advocate of allowing terroir to shine through. Owning premier cru and villages level wines from Morey-St-Denis, Chambolle and Gevrey, this is a serious estate – and this Morey is sleek, spicy and fresh, supported by a mineral streak on the finish. The 20% new oak is beautifully integrated."