- Item #: i_351922Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 95JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "Gorgeous ripe fruit character, with loads of blueberries, blackberries and flowers. Full body, with velvety tannins and a fruity, fresh, grapefruit aftertaste. Really beautiful. Best ever from here. Best after 2018."
- Item #: i_353771Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93-96WINE SPECTATOR 93-96 POINTS - "Currant and blackberry galore on the nose, but the palate seems subtle and beautiful. Full-bodied, with wonderful silky tannins and a mineral, mint and berry aftertaste. Such delicious fruit here."
- Item #: i_378920Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Aromatic pastry dough, crème de cassis, apple blossom and graphite notes are well-meshed in this elegant Champagne. The delicate mousse swathes the finely wrought acidic frame in a creamy texture, carrying accents of chalky mineral and lemon pith on the lingering finish."
- Item #: i_374305Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90Wine Spectator: 91Drawn from Chardonnay vines that are nearly 50 years old, located on a steep, well-drained slope in Villers-Marmery, close to the Verzy border. It was vinified entirely in barrel, and it's highly reflective of the 2009 in its ample body and vinous orchard fruit and citrus flavors.
- Item #: i_351148Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2009, which is inky blue/purple to the rim, is a final blend of 48% Cabernet Sauvignon, 48% Merlot and 4% Petit Verdot at 14% natural alcohol. The wine has a beautiful blueberry-scented nose with hints of acacia flowers, licorice, graphite and some subtle charcoal and background oak. Clearly a modern style of Margaux, it is pure, seamless, full-bodied and opulent, and the high glycerin and silky texture of 2009 are brilliantly displayed in this wine. Drink it over the next 15+ years, although it is certainly capable of lasting well past two decades. One of the more difficult estates to manage in southern Margaux is the 300 acres of Lascombes, subdivided into at least 40 to 50 separate plots, making harvest decisions, ripening, and related issues a strategic nightmare. Nevertheless, they seem to have hit pay dirt frequently over the last decade plus."
- Item #: i_351664Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94ROBERT PARKER 94 POINTS - "The brilliant 2009 Les Pagodes de Cos actually has more Cabernet Sauvignon in the blend than the grand vin (69% versus 65%) in addition to mostly Merlot and a small quantity of Petit Verdot. As powerful as the Cos in terms of alcoholic clout (14.5%), the full-bodied, round, generous Les Pagodes de Cos exhibits lots of creme de cassis and floral notes intermixed with hints of wood/barrique and spice. Juicy, succulent and remarkably fresh and well-delineated, it merits considerable attention from consumers. It should drink well for 15-20 years. Oddly enough, the second wine is superior to many vintages of Cos in the 1960s 1970s and 1980s!"
- Item #: i_353021Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92James Suckling: 93Wine Enthusiast: 92WINE ENTHUSIAST 92-94 POINTS - "A fine and spicy wine, the wood toast well integrated with the sweet fruit. Deliciously ripe Merlot vies with the Cabernet tannins to give a dark, complex wine."
JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "This is very ripe with toffee, spice, truffles, and chocolate, as well as ripe-fruit and meat character on the nose and palate. Full body, soft tannins and a flavorful finish. Drink or hold."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "On the toasty, more modern side of the spectrum, with ambitious roasted fig, apple wood and blueberry confiture notes followed by racy graphite, espresso and blackberry pâte de fruit. Not shy, but has the density for balance. *Smart Buys* (JM)
- Item #: i_377885Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS- The clarity of chalk and white almond is striking. Gentle perfume with some light cherry fruits, peach, grapefruit and lemon citrus. The palate has a piercing burst of lemon and grapefruit flavor on the front and builds into gently biscuity and more savory flavors through the middle. Holds on to bright zesty acidity into the finish. Smooth, resolved and balanced. Really detailed." (10/16)