- Item #: i_379468Bottle Size: 750mlDespite its minimal three grams per liter dosage, this fruit forward, seamless, and silky Cazals is simply a pleasure to drink with or without food.
JOHN GILMAN 91+ POINTS - "This bottle of Cuvée Vive from Champagne Cazals was disgorged in September of 2017 and finished with a dosage of three grams per liter. The wine is quite stylish on the nose, offering up a fine blend of pear, apple, a touch of almond custard, chalky soil tones and a gently floral topnote. On the palate the wine is full-bodied, crisp and focused, with a good core, pinpoint bubbles, fine balance for its lower dosage and a long, nascently complex finish. Good juice that will be even better with a bit of bottle age to allow the secondary layers of complexity to start to emerge. 2018-2040."
- Item #: i_333869Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 96WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "Bold, lush and tropical in feel, with creamed papaya and mango notes seamlessly gliding together, while coconut, green plum, ginger, quince and white peach flavors fill in the background. Offers a succulent finish, but stays pure and steady thanks to perfectly embedded acidity. Best from 2015 through 2030. 250 cases imported."
- Item #: i_374305Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90Wine Spectator: 91Drawn from Chardonnay vines that are nearly 50 years old, located on a steep, well-drained slope in Villers-Marmery, close to the Verzy border. It was vinified entirely in barrel, and it's highly reflective of the 2009 in its ample body and vinous orchard fruit and citrus flavors.
- Item #: i_351063Bottle Size: 750mlChateau Chalon is one of the legendary appellations of the Jura. Driving in off the Saone plain and through old industrial towns the land takes a sharp jump in elevation and a scenic view of limestone cliffs that the village of Chateau Chalon rests on. There are many ancient towns in France with almost unbearable charm and Château Chalon is in position for the number one position.
While the wines labeled as Châton Chalon are one of the many great triumphs of French wine antiquity, the wines are rare and make up a very small portion of what Jean-Claude Credoz’s production.
- Item #: i_351664Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94ROBERT PARKER 94 POINTS - "The brilliant 2009 Les Pagodes de Cos actually has more Cabernet Sauvignon in the blend than the grand vin (69% versus 65%) in addition to mostly Merlot and a small quantity of Petit Verdot. As powerful as the Cos in terms of alcoholic clout (14.5%), the full-bodied, round, generous Les Pagodes de Cos exhibits lots of creme de cassis and floral notes intermixed with hints of wood/barrique and spice. Juicy, succulent and remarkably fresh and well-delineated, it merits considerable attention from consumers. It should drink well for 15-20 years. Oddly enough, the second wine is superior to many vintages of Cos in the 1960s 1970s and 1980s!"
- Item #: i_350878Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96ROBERT PARKER 96 POINTS: "The 2009 Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvee du Quet (80% tank-aged Grenache and 20% small barrel-aged Mourvedre from 60-year-old vines) is spectacular. Its dense purple color is accompanied by an exquisite bouquet of boysenberries, mulberries, blueberries and other wild mountain blue and black fruits. Possessing great intensity, a full-bodied mouthfeel and superb purity, it is a singular expression of old vine Grenache blended with Mourvedre. The finish lasts for 50+ seconds, and the wine has a skyscraper-like texture as well as a multidimensional set of aromatics and flavors. This brilliant offering is more evolved and forward than either the 2007 or 2010."