- Item #: i_375282Bottle Size: 750MLJOHN GILMAN 92 POINTS-"2009 was the first vintage of Rosé that bore the new name of “Campania Remensis” on the label. The cuvée now takes its name from the Latin term for the countryside outside of Reims 40 that was used during Roman times here. The wine all hails from fruit grown in the village of Orme on the Petite Montagne, with the cépages sixty-five percent Pinot Noir, thirty percent Chardonnay and five percent red still wine (again Pinot Noir). The 2013 Campania Remensis was disgorged in March of 2017 and was showing beautifully a year out from its disgorgement, offering up a very refined and pure nose of strawberries, white cherries, a touch of orange zest, chalk and a topnote of dried flowers. On the palate the wine is crisp, full-bodied, elegant and marvelously balanced, with a good core, fine focus and grip, lovely, delicate mousse and a very long, complex and vibrant finish. First class Rosé! 2018-2035."
- Item #: i_322213Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Burghound: 91-93WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS: " The 2013 Volnay 1er Cru Les Caillerets "Ancienne Cuvée Carnot" is showing well, opening in the glass with a complex bouquet of smoked meats, hoisin, wild berry fruit and spices. On the palate, the wine is medium-bodied, delicate and precise, with racy acids, powdery tannins and impressive concentration despite its fine-boned format, and its sappy expression of fruit is complemented by considerable savory nuance, concluding with a sappy finish."
- Item #: i_352941Bottle Size: 750mlSince the mid 2000s, synthetic treatments of herbicides, pesticides or fertilizers were systematically abandoned one step at a time until they were all gone from his land before the turn of the decade. Then his interest in the inexplicable but observable energies of our mysterious universe and its influence on grapes and wine came to be central to his decision-making. The moon is his compass for the timing of processes during growing, farming, picking, racking and bottling.
On his top two Pommard wines, Les Vignots and Les Charmots, they are aged for 14-16 months in 70% older oak barrels and 30% new, while on the village appellation wines they typically land between 90-80% old oak barrels. The wines may receive a light filtration but are never fined.
Vignots, the most ethereal, complex wine in Demougeot's range of reds, is the marriage of the two words, vigne and haut, which means high vines. It does indeed come from a set of vineyards high in altitude that extend above 300 meters on the north hill of Pommard. Planted in 1983, this 0.21 hectare site faces directly south on a steep slope inside the narrow valley known as la Petite Combe on a thin topsoil of limestone and clay before the roots dig into the limestone bedrock. Its defining characteristics, higher altitude, south face, windy, steep, thin topsoil and limestone bedrock are on full display with Demougeot's soft approach in the cellar and rigorous organic work in vineyards.
- Item #: i_345363Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2013 Châteauneuf du Pape Signature, which got all of the Grenache grapes normally designated for Pure, is a medium to full-bodied, nicely structured effort that exhibits lots of black cherry, smoked herbs, licorice and spice.The wine is nicely concentrated and with enough tannin to benefit from a year or two in the cellar; it’s an outstanding wine that will drink nicely through 2025."
- Item #: i_324102Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94eROBERT PARKER 92-94 POINTS - "Similar to the classic cuvée, only richer, the 2013 Chateauneuf du Papes Les Petits Pieds d’Armand (100% Grenache from the sandy parts of La Crau) knocks it out of the park with its Bing cherry, kirsch, red licorice and floral aromas and flavors. It’s medium to full-bodied, voluptuous and textured, all while staying nicely focused and elegant. There’s enough sweet tannin here to allow it to evolve gracefully, but the overall feel is one of upfront fruit and texture."
- Item #: i_345266Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS-The 2013 Brut Premier Cru Special Club Millesime offers a fresh and intense bouquet of ripe and stewed white fruits with a hint of butter. Pure, fresh, fine, ripe and intense on the palate, this is a very fruity but also pure and tensioned blend of 55% Pinot Noir from Aÿ and Mareuil-sur-Aÿ and 45% Chardonnay from Oiry and Chouilly. It has a fresh and aromatic but somewhat reductive finish. It needs time. Disgorged in August 2017 with a dosage of 6.5 grams per liter."
Jean-Paul Hébrart has been in charge of this estate since his father, Marc Hébrart, retired in 1997 and he has long been one of the recoltant stalwarts of the Marne Valley.
"Special Club" is a classification of ultra-high quality determined by a handpicked group of growers. They impose the strictest of standards to the members' wine - all fruit must be estate-grown on specific plots expressing terroir clearly; the wines must be aged for at least three years; before the wine is finally put into the Club's designated squat bottles, it is tasted again after disgorgement.
- Item #: i_351895Bottle Size: 750mlBIODYNAMIC AND CERTIFIED ORGANIC
IMPORTER NOTES - "Literally the “sheep’s path,” Schoffweg leads into Grasberg and is an exceptional terroir: a thin slab of Aalenian limestone perched above the plains, the ultimate extension of the hillock of Altenberg in Bergheim. It faces east, but the warmer climate is tamed by strong winds. Drained by the northern wind in summer, protected by the foehn in autumn, this very poor terroir with rocky yellow limestone provides an extremely complex expression, without noble rot.
- Item #: i_352585Bottle Size: 750mlThe official Rosé de Marsannay earned its high reputation in the early 1900s. Its reds, made of Pinot noir, burst with red and black fruit and are consistently long on the palate. Chardonnays from Marsannay are charming, floral and full of citrus fruit and mineral. Top Marsannay vineyards include Clos du Roy and Les Longeroies.
- Item #: i_376247Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Vinous Media: 92James Suckling: 93JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "Very attractive grapefruit, white-peach and gently flinty, reductive aromas with a red-fruit edge. The palate has a smooth array of flavors in the same vein with bright, gently bready notes added to the finish."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2013 Brut Millésimé continues to show very well, reflecting the chiseled, classically balanced vintage that will appeal immensely to purists. Opening in the glass with a precise and youthfully reserved bouquet of citrus oil, crisp green apple and freshly baked bread, it's medium to full-bodied, racy and incisive, with a deep but tightly wound core, ripe but tangy acids and a penetrating, delicately chalky finish. This will merit some additional bottle age and may well prove a sleeper from Taittinger."