- Item #: i_325801Bottle Size: 750mlThis exquisitely crafted champagne is derived from a mix of 50% Pinot Noir and 50% Chardonnay, perfectly balanced to create a Rose champagne that is one to be consumed when celebrating a special occasion. Light crisp taste, which is fresh and fruity, with the color of delicate rose petals.
The copper casing of both the Brut and the Rose were inspired by the suit of armor worn by the knights of the palace. They are crafted from 100% second generation scrap copper and each bottle is recycled after consumption. So why the copper in the first place? Believe it or not, it’s not just bling it actually helps save energy and keeps the temperature of the wine stabilized while it’s being consumed without the use of an ice bucket.
- Item #: i_305600Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "A gorgeous rosé Champagne with sliced strawberries, orange peel and hints of cream and pie crust. Medium body, tight and integrated tannins and a long and flavorful finish. Tangy acidity. The texture shows a fine bead and lightness. Long and intense. Drink now."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS "Lacy in texture, with sleek acidity, this well-knit rosé Champagne offers delicate notes of blood orange glacé, pickled ginger and oyster shell, revealing a rich hint of grilled nut. The firm, almost crunchy finish is nicely spiced and lingering. Drink now through 2023."
- Item #: i_325358Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93JOHN GILMAN 92 POINTS-"The new  release of Bollinger’s non-vintage Brut Rosé (at least I assume this is a new cuvée, but there is no date of disgorgement on the back label) has the same cépages as last year: sixty-two percent pinot noir, twenty-four percent chardonnay and fourteen percent pinot meunier with five percent of the reds still wines. The wine is a lovely salmon color and was finished with a dosage of seven grams per liter. The bouquet is deep and classy, delivering scents of white 70 cherries, rye bread, blood orange, a complex base of soil tones, gentle smokiness and a spicy topnote redolent of clove and cinnamon stick. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied and impressively light on its feet, with a lovely core, elegant mousse, impeccable balance and a long, crisp and focused finish. This is really a classy non-vintage Brut Rosé. 2016-2030+."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 - "This refined rosé shows verve, offering finely meshed flavors of dried black cherry and pomegranate fruit, with notes of almond skin, gingerbread, honey and candied orange zest. A vein of smoky minerality gains momentum on the lasting finish. Drink now through 2020. 2,000 cases imported."
- Item #: i_376905Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90Camille Savès is a still under the radar family run Champagne house in the village of Bouzy making small quantities of fine artisanally crafted Champagne. All fruit is sourced from the family's own 25 acres of vineyards, which include Grand Cru parcels in the Grand Crus of Bouzy, Ambonnay and Tours-sur-Marne. The vines are tended according to the principles of lutte raisonée and have an average age of nearly forty years. A blend of 60% Chardonnay, and 40% Pinot Noir 12% of which is Bouzy Rouge. All the vineyard parcels for this rose are located in Bouzy and are south-facing. The base vintage is 2012 blended with 20% reserve wine. After some three years of aging on the lees this bottle was disgorged in November of 2016 with a dosage of 9 g/l. There is a delightful, delicate red berry aroma on the nose and while amply textured, harmonious palate delivers a delectable panoply of red fruits toned by ample acids and chalk inflections.
- Item #: i_325598Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "A fleshy, acidulous cuvees which suggests the liveliness of pomelo or morello cherry, mingled with the irresistible aroma of freshly picked wild strawberries. the aromatic finess evokes, like a cherry or almond ree in bloom, a natural, sophisticated elegance. A delicate, structured wine, with aromas of homemade red fruit jams, warmed by hints of pepper and cinnamon. This elegant, seamless Champagne is supple in texture, expressing toast, coffee, spice and dried berry aromas and flavors that pick up a hint of vanilla as well. Offers lovely harmony and a long aftertaste. Drink now through 2013."
- Item #: i_330810Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91JOHN GILMAN 93+ POINTS-"The current release of the Gosset Grande Rosé is primarily based on the 2008 vintage (with five percent reserve wines in the blend) and is a blend of fifty-eight percent chardonnay and forty-two percent pinot noir (with eight percent of the pinot being still red wine in the blend). The Gosset Grande Rosé has always been one of my favorite examples of rosé Champagne, with its pale salmon color and its great elegance. This new release is superb, offering up a pure and complex nose of strawberries, mandarin oranges, chalky minerality, smoke, a touch of cinnamon and a topnote of rose petals. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied, zesty and impressively light on its feet, with a great core of fruit, elegant and frothy mousse, excellent focus and a very long, well-balanced and refined finish. High class juice!"
- Item #: i_325268Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 92Burghound: 92JOHN GILMAN VIEW FROM THE CELLAR 92 POINTS -"Like the non-vintage Brut, the Billiot Brut Rosé is comprised of between seventy-five and eighty percent Pinot Noir, with a bit of still red wine blended in to give its lovely salmon color. As with all of the Billiot bottlings, the vins clairs do not go through malo. The excellent bouquet jumps from the glass in a pure and classy blend of white cherries, tangerine, a touch of cinnamon, wheat toast, gentle smokiness and a complex base of chalky minerality. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied, crisp and nascently complex, with a fine core, pinpoint bubbles and lovely length and grip on the poised, focused and zesty finish. This is not as expressive on the palate today as it is aromatically, but all of the constituent components are in place for an exquisite bottle of Brut Rosé with a bit more bottle age, so just tuck this lovely bottle away in a cool corner of the cellar for a couple of years and let time work its magic- it will be well worth the wait! 2018-2030+."
STEPHEN TANZER'S INTERNATIONAL WINE CELLAR 92 POINTS "(75% pinot noir and 25% chardonnay; 50% of the wine is from 2009, 25% from 2008 and 25% from 2007; disgorged June, 2011): Light orange. High-pitched aromas of redcurrant and strawberry, with deeper rhubarb and rose oil nuances and a hint of white pepper. Bright and nervy on the palate, showing tangy red berry and blood orange flavors that gain flesh and weight with air. Closes on a chalky note, with very good energy and lingering spiciness."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 - "An undercurrent of minerality supports ripe black cherry and black raspberry flavors, with hints of pastry, cream and candied grapefruit peel. Finely meshed and focused by vibrant acidity. Disgorged March 2011. Drink now through 2016."
- Item #: i_373813Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS-"A mouthwatering rosé in an elegant, aperitif style, showing a fine and creamy bead and crowd-pleasing flavors of ripe, juicy cherry, star anise and pickled ginger, with richer hints of toast and honey. Drink now through 2019. 207 cases imported. (10/16)."
CHAMPAGNE GUIDE 94 POINTS - "A tiny dose of red wine [6%] creates a gorgeous pale salmon hue, enlivening a dainty and fresh rose with a fairy touch of rose petal perfume that wafts from the start of the bouquet to the lingering finish of the palate. Lively strawberry hull and elegant red cherry fruits are invigorated by bright acidity and gentle minerality, meshing seamlessly with soft dosage."
The sales of this Rose have skyrocketed in recent years and there have been long stretches when we just couldn’t get any. We don't mind this a bit because it means that Angleine Templier isn’t taking any short cuts that would comprise its quality.
- Item #: i_377044Bottle Size: 750MLA noble Champagne with the body of a red wine, almost chewy and very complex. A peachy blush in the glass reveals delicate bubbles. Wildflowers and strawberries on the nose; wild cherries wrapped in tender, buttery pie crust. Luscious and elegant.
- Item #: i_378902Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "Pretty strawberry, ripe cherry, lemon curd and pastry notes mix in this firm rosé, offering lip-smacking acidity, with smoke and chalk notes on the finish. Disgorged January 2013. Drink now through 2016."
- Item #: i_352318Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS WINE MEDIA 95 POINTS-"The NV (2014) Extra Brut Rosé de Saignée Les Baudiers is yet another stunning wine in this range of exceptional Champagnes from Aurelien Laherte. Powerful and vinous in the glass, with tremendous Meunier character, the 2014 has so much to offer. Smoke, game, licorice and dark red/purplish berry fruit abound in this powerful, beautifully resonant Champagne. In 2014, the Baudiers is memorable. Dosage is 3 grams per liter. Disgorged: February 2018."
- Item #: i_338850Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 92JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS-" Cinnamon and dried nutmeg add to the experience of bread dough and rose petals. Flavorful on the medium-bodied palate and finely poised with bright acidity. Medium-long on the finish. (05/19)"
TYSON STELZER CHAMPAGNE GUIDE 94 POINTS-"Laurent-Perrier macerates it rose for 12-72 hours, depending on fruit ripeness, until the color is fixed and the aroma resembles freshly picked raspberries. So crucial is the timing, legend has it that the first chef de cave, Edouard Leclerc, slept by the tank to stop it just in time! This wine has achieved that elusive ideal of volume and finesse; the world's best selling rose Champagne epitomises the ultra restraint of rose's finest expressions...Its lastest incarnation of medium salmon hue is a beautifully elegant expression of strawberry hull, red cherry, and pink pepper, with an enticing waft of flinty reductive aroma, opening in time to the glorious depth of black cherries. A delightfully composed rose of excellent line, energetic acid backbone and softly mineral mouthfeel.."
This perennial best seller is composed of 100% Grand Cru Pinot Noir and its salmon color is achieved via the traditional saignee process rather than through the easier method of blending in red wine. The result is a rose of uncommon depth and character but one that still manages to be very silky and light on its feet.
- Item #: i_374328Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91James Suckling: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "This mouthwatering rosé offers fruit-forward flavors of ripe raspberry and cherry, with fresh ginger and blood orange sorbet accents. Refreshing, lively and well-knit. Drink now through 2020."
JAMES SUCKLING 91 POINTS - "A heady mix of raspberry and blueberry fruits on the nose of this deeper colored rosé Champagne. This has a crisp, lively lemon and red berry flavored palate, crunchy through the finish."
- Item #: i_352158Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS-"Ripe wild strawberry, star anise, mandarin orange peel and ground ginger notes are expressive in this bright and appealing rosé Champagne, with a lively bead. Clean-cut and juicy on the finish."
- Item #: i_376334Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93JOHN GILMAN 91 POINTS-"The new release of Piper-Heidsieck’s "Rosé Sauvage", which typically includes around a quarter of still pinot noir in the blend, is once again excellent. The color here is quite dark for a rosé Champagne- fairly deep cherry red- and the wine has plenty of vinosity in evidence on both the nose and palate. The bouquet is a deep and complex blend of cherries, orange peel, a bit of spiced meat, lovely soil tones, woodsmoke, cloves and rye toast. On the palate the wine is full-bodied, crisp and complex, with a rock solid core, zesty acidity, laser-like focus, superb mousse and excellent length and grip on the vibrant and very well-balanced finish. This cuvée seems to get a bit better every year! Lovely wine."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "There's lovely texture and integration to this vinous rosé, which displays nut-tinged flavors of grilled plum, black cherry preserves, cream, toasted brioche and sweet smoke. Long and mouthwatering, with a lingering, spice-tinged finish. Drink now through 2020. Tasted twice, with consistent notes. 2,000 cases imported."
- Item #: i_353780Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91JOHN GILMAN 92+ POINTS - "The new release of Ployez-Jacquemart Extra Brut non-vintage Rosé was disgorged in November of 2017 and is from the base year of 2014. The cépages is this cuvée’s customary fifty percent Chardonnay, thirty-seven percent Pinot Noir and thirteen percent Pinot Meunier, with ten percent of the Pinot Noir still red wine. The new version offers beautifully purity on the nose, wafting from the glass in a lovely mix of strawberries, a touch of tangerine, complex, chalky minerality, bread dough and a touch of rose petal in the upper register. On the palate the wine is bright, full-bodied and impeccably balanced, with lovely transparency, refined mousse, zesty acids and excellent focus, length and grip on the elegant and complex finish. This is more accessible out of the blocks than the base year 2013 version was at this point in its evolution last year, but I have the sense this will age just as long and gracefully. Just lovely Rosé."
- Item #: i_354420Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "A very pale onion-skin hue belies the class and depth in this lovely rosé. Cherry, black currant and coffee flavors interplay with the rich texture and soft structure. There's enough acidity to keep it defined from start to finish. Drink now."
- Item #: i_359661Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93JOSH RAYNOLDS 92 POINTS - "(55% Pinot Noir and 45% Chardonnay; 9 g/l dosage; LAH9V): Light orange. Sharply focused red berry and tangerine scents are complicated by suggestions of allspice and cinnamon, with a hint of smokiness in the background. Sappy and minerally on the palate, offering fresh strawberry and blood orange flavors lifted by juicy acidity. Packs a serious punch but carries no excess weight and finishes stony and very long, with echoing red berry character."-Jan 2015
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "There's lovely precision to the integration of this elegant rosé, offering a fine backbone of acidity and a light mousse. The flavors of poached pear, black cherry, fleur de sel, lemon zest and ginger are finely meshed, with a subtle vein of smoky minerality. Drink now through 2023. 2,250 cases imported."
- Item #: i_364540Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "A firm, toasty rosé, with roasted hazelnut and smoke notes underscoring kirsch, dried strawberry, piecrust and fresh ginger flavors. This is lip-smacking, softened and balanced by a fine, creamy texture. Drink now through 2023. 3,000 cases imported."
- Item #: i_376189Bottle Size: 750MLJOHN GILMAN 91+ POINTS - "The current release of Vilmart Cie’s Cuvée Rubis is comprised of ninety percent Pinot Noir and ten percent Chardonnay and was done as a saignée, rather than adding a bit of still Pinot Noir to create the rosé color. The wine is quite fine, as its oak component is very nicely understated and plays a fine supporting role to the main fireworks on the nose and palate. The bouquet is a mix of cherries, red currants, cloves, lovely soil tones, rye toast and a bit of cedar. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied and complex, with a fine core, elegant mousse, fine focus and grip and a long, slightly tannic finish. The balance here is just fine and I do not see any issues down the road with the touch of wood tannins, but exclusively older wood is not something that would be a detriment to this bottling. This is a very well-made wine, but I am more attracterd to the organic natural beauty of Alexandre Chartogne’s style of Rosé over the Cuvée Rubis, even if the two wines are not all that far apart in quality."
From one of Champagne’s true cult producers, Vilmart’s Rubis Rosé is simply a joyous Champagne that will appeal as much to the novice as it will to the die-hard Champagne geek. It is a vinous blend of 90% Pinot Noir and 10% Chardonnay from the domaine’s vineyards in the Montagne de Reims village of Rilly-la-Montagne and Villes- Allerand. Proprietor Laurent Champs always avoids malolactic fermentation in order to retain structure and finesse. To add a bit of roundness and spice, Laurent “raised” the base wines for this rose in large oak foudres for ten months before bottling. Champagne critic Peter Leim of The Champagne Guide paints the finished picture well: “It’s creamy and luscious, displaying pungent flavors of rhubarb, strawberry and cranberry along with underlying hints of sweet herbs and peppery spice. Drinking superbly well now, it combines a serious, vinous character with sheer delicious slurpability.” Note that our low Special Purchase Price is limited to stock on hand.