- Item #: i_350969Bottle Size: 750mlAllen Meadows - Burghound - " (from Les Chênes and Les Chambres; vinified with 50% whole clusters). A pungent nose is comprised by notes of moderate reduction and wood so I would suggest decanting this first if you’re going to try a bottle young. Otherwise there is a bit more volume and richness if much less minerality to the middle weight flavors, all wrapped in a moderately firm and rustic finish where a trace of dryness emerges. My sense is that the dryness is due to the recent bottling and should eventually dissipate. 2022+"
- Item #: i_350970Bottle Size: 750mlCaroline Morey comes from a long line of vignerons based in the Cotes de Beaune and is also married to Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey.This wine is from vines located in the southern sector of Santenay quite high on the slope adjoining 1er cru Grand Clos Rousseau. The grapes here are fully destemmed and the wine aged in 30% new barrels. This shows fine bright sour cherry aromatics with super fine tannins and striking finesse and wonderfully fresh crunchy fruit. So attractive now.
- Item #: i_353487Bottle Size: 750mlUnfurling in the glass with aromas of ripe cherries, plums and raspberries that are complemented by sweet soil tones, the 2018 Bourgogne Rouge is medium to full-bodied, its fleshy core of fruit structured around a chassis of rich, powdery tannin that lends the wine quite a muscular profile this year. This is a blend of roughly equal parts fruit from the granitic soils of Paris l'Hôpital, in the Hautes-Côtes near Maranges, and Puligny-Montrachet.
- Item #: i_353488Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "Wafting from the glass with notes of rich dark fruits, baking chocolate, peonies, orange rind and rose, the 2018 Ladoix Les Briquottes is medium to full-bodied, with a pretty core of exquisitely perfumed fruit, powdery structuring tannins and a long, chalky and aromatic finish."
- Item #: i_352764Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Unwinding to reveal notes of raspberries, rose petals, orange zest, smoked meats and violets, the 2018 Volnay Les Lurets is medium to full-bodied, layered and succulent, with a rich core of fruit that reflects the vintage, underpinned by an ample chassis of ripe, powdery tannins. The finish is long and fragrant."
- Item #: i_351541Bottle Size: 750mlChavy-Chouet's Pinot Noir is classified as humble Bourgogne Rouge, but the fruit for it comes from an excellent single-vineyard site near Pommard. Great value. Soft, elegant red berry flavours; a hint of earthy spice; superb structure and balance. This Pinot Noir comes from the 'La Taupe' vineyard, a very good Pinot Noir site near Pommard.
- Item #: i_350983Bottle Size: 750ml"An attractively fresh and ripe nose offers up of mostly red berry aromas that are cut with hints of earth and humus. There is really good density to the suave and sappy medium weight flavors that possess outstanding depth and length for its level and only a touch of rusticity. This is excellent."
- Item #: i_350827Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2018 vintage of Faiveley Mercurey is another winner, continuing a string of successful vintages for this domaine. In fact, this wine has become a customer favorite over the past several years and is one of our best sellers from Burgundy. After tasting this delicious Pinot Noir, we're confident it will keep disappearing from our shelves. The Wine Spectator's Bruce Sanderson consistently awards this wine high scores and has repeatedly described it as a "Smart Buy."
This is a no brainer and a great pick for parties, gifts or to simply enjoy whenever the mood strikes. Enjoy!
"Fine depth of flavor and juicy cherry fruit mark this red. Black cherry, plum and spice and complement the core of silky fruit. Harmonious enough to enjoy now. Drink now through 2028."
- Item #: i_351508Bottle Size: 750mlMichel Laroche was one of the pioneers in the resurgence of quality winemaking in the South of France in the early 1980s. His commitment to the area was cemented when he acquired Mas La Chevaliere, a state-of-the-art winery on the grounds of a splendid 18th-century guesthouse and he began to produce wines using Southern French varieties. Similar to their siblings from Michel’s other properties, including Laroche in Chablis, the wines from Mas La Chevaliere express a pureness and flavor profile that leads with fruit followed by a small amount of oak beautifully balanced by the perfect amount of acidity.
- Item #: i_353218Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 91 POINTS - "A fresh and decidedly more elegant nose reflects high-toned notes of pomegranate, red cherry and a lovely blend of floral and forest floor scents. There is a lovely sleekness to the delicious, caressing and well-detailed flavors that deliver slightly better depth and persistence on the stony finish where a touch of wood influence arises. This is quite good and worthy of consideration."
- Item #: i_353436Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS: "The 2018 Volnay 1er Cru Les Chevrets is showing beautifully, unfurling in the glass with aromas of cherries, rose petals, cassis and violets. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, with an ample chassis of powdery tannins, fine concentration and succulent acids. From a parcel of 58-year-old vines, this is a quintessentially elegant Volnay that should also drink well young."
- Item #: i_351662Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS: "The 2018 Volnay 1er Cru Frémiets exhibits lovely aromas of raspberries and cherries mingled with orange rind, spice and raw cocoa. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, lively and fine-boned, from more calcium-rich soils than Les Chevrets and built around bright acids and fine, chalky tannins."
- Item #: i_352048Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 91 POINTS - "Here the nose isn't quite as elegant but it's more complex with its relatively cool and restrained nose that blends both red and dark currant, earth and a whiff of the sauvage. There is very good volume to the intense and equally complex medium-bodied flavors that display focused power on the impressively long and well-balanced finale. This is a first-rate Gevrey villages and easily achieves premier cru quality."
- Item #: i_352174Bottle Size: 750mlLovely blueberry fruit, ripe from 45 year old vines. For Pierre Gelin and all across the Côte d’Or 2018 was a bumper crop, the biggest since 2009. This Bourgogne Rouge has rich berry fruit and chunky alcohol. It’s a 14% Bourgogne rouge! The grapes were the last to be picked after the hot summer of 2018. A Bourgogne Rouge with impact.
- Item #: i_345854Bottle Size: 750MLSylvain Pataille is one of the new breed of winemakers who first achieved the highest level of technical training before beginning to craft his own wines. A highly-regarded consulting oenologist, who still advises over 15 Burgundy domaines, Pataille has in very short order built up (mostly en fermage) a domaine of some 15 hectares, all in Marsannay, the northernmost, and most recent (1987) AOC of the Côte de Nuits.
Domaine Pataille is farmed organically — in transition to completely biodynamic wine production. Accordingly, there are no chemical herbicides, pesticides, or fertilizers; and only natural yeasts, no enzymes, are used. The fermentation, partially in fiberglass and partially in stainless steel, is relatively short — usually only 10-12 days — with temperatures held to a maximum of around 32°C. The wines are then racked into oak barriques (1/3 new) and then aged for up to 24 months (18 on average) before bottling.