- Item #: i_353094Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS 92 POINTS - "Moderately saturated medium red. Sexy, musky aromas of fresh, ripe strawberry, raspberry, menthol and licorice. Quite penetrating for the vintage, with its touch of sweetness effortlessly carried by firm acidity cooling menthol and underlying minerality. This very sexy wine finishes firm and long, with a solid tannic spine and an element of saline complexity. Really spreads out on the end to dust the entire palate and vibrate."
- Item #: i_353233Bottle Size: 750mlFrom two vines; one Meursault Coutures, and the other Puligny Champans – 50% whole cluster. ‘I like ‘supple’ but I won’t go down the route of making an easy-drinking wine that’s dead in 10 years – this includes the press wine too.’. Ooh, wow, round supple fresh and complex. Big volume, layers of flavour. Fresh, and really tasty, big in the finish too – delicious and not a hint facile. Bravo Bourgogne!
- Item #: i_345019Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 90-92VINOUS MEDIA 91 POINTS: "(these 2015s were bottled in September of this year): Healthy ruby-red. Quite sun-drenched on first sniff, with raspberry and spice aromas coming across as more expressive than the '16. Sappy, spicy, highly concentrated flavors of red and purple fruits and flowers are already surprisingly supple, with an element of minerality contributing to the impression of vivacity. The plush, building tannins saturate the entire mouth. Seriously concentrated and alive. Yves Confuron told me that these wines are pumped only once, when they are assembled in tank prior to bottling." -- Stephen Tanzer
- Item #: i_351037Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 91-93The term "Les Damodes" makes reference to the Druidesses who previously inhabited the area. These vines are planted at high altitude, bordering Vosne-Romanée, and produce a mineral wine with very delicate tannins. A smooth and very feminine wine!
Deep ruby red hue. The expressive nose opens up with black fruits, spice and subtle toasted notes. The attack is elegant and refined and the palate is characterised by floral notes and a touch of mocha.
- Item #: i_350535Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Offering a mix of graphite, cherry, raspberry and smoky, spicy flavors, this red is complex and structured. A little disjointed now, with all the components in the right places, so give this some time. Fine length."
- Item #: i_345882Bottle Size: 750MLVINOUS 92 POINTS - "Bright, dark red. Slightly reduced nose shows the dark fruit side of Volnay along with a flinty quality. Densely packed and decidedly ripe (13.6% alcohol!), with redcurrant and dark cherry fruit flavors complicated by a note of black olive and subtle earth tones. Finishes with very ripe, chewy tannins and excellent length and grip. Manages to retain an element of Volnay suavity."
- Item #: i_333991Bottle Size: 750MLThe Domaine Hubert Lignier has long had a reputation for its fine wines known for their concentration, depth and structure. The Ligniers follow the principles of “lutte raisonnée” (sensible combat) in their viticulture: for example, only organic compost is used when necessary and the vineyard is tilled so that no herbicides are used. raditional vinification practices are the core of their work: grapes are destemmed and fermentation takes place in open-top cement tanks that allow manual pigéage. Only natural yeasts are used. This is pitch-perfect Gevrey-Chambertin: meaty and succulent, with classic Lignier poise and a long, mineral-drenched, driving finish.
- Item #: i_353353Bottle Size: 750mlJean-Marc Morey favors traditional vinification methods. He uses only wild yeast. For his white wines, the juice goes straight from the press into barrel for fermentation. With the gentler pneumatic press, he does not need to let the must decant to remove excessive particulate matter before fermentation. After fermentation, the wine rests on its lees and benefits from bâtonnage during its aging. His Pinot Noir is destemmed before going into cement tanks for fermentation and maceration. The red wines are also allowed to age on their lees while undergoing malolactic and further aging in barrel, adding complexity and roundness to the wine. Only about one quarter new oak is used and sometimes less. For Jean-Marc Morey oak is a necessary part of the “elevage” but it is an element that should never overwhelm the fruit or the “terroir”.
- Item #: i_350638Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 91-93BURGHOUND 91-93 POINTS "OUTSTANDING": "A markedly floral nose offers up notes of herbal tea, earth, spice and both red and dark cherry nuances. There is both excellent volume and mid-palate concentration to the refined and lightly mineral-inflected flavors that possess focused power on the elegant and lingering finale. This is picture perfect Chaignots that should be approachable after only a few years of cellaring if that's your preference."
- Item #: i_351776Bottle Size: 750mlRed fruit with hints of blackcurrant, Les Cailles maintains a consistent profile of chewy tannins and volume. Ripe fruit on the palate is followed with a touch of spice and notes of rosewood. Maturity will reveal leather, truffle and notes of game.
- Item #: i_334281Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 90 POINTS - "Heavy reduction renders the nose unreadable at present. Otherwise there is a lovely richness to the velvety and seductively textured middle weight flavors that display fine length and depth on the balanced finish. This is quite good for what it is and would also make for a good house red."
- Item #: i_351031Bottle Size: 750mlBoisson, the great Meursault producer, also makes a small amount of wine on "the other side of the hill" in the hamlet of Auxey. Differing from the Meursault holdings, the Auxey Durresses 1er cru Reugne 2015 is filled with white fruits, minerals, ginger, creme and a touch of spice notes. Mid weight and clean with a beautiful fresh acidity, enjoy this wine now (decanting recommended) or over the next 8 years.
- Item #: i_353130Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Well-structured, juicy and bursting with energy, showing cherry, raspberry and spice flavors, with stony, chalky notes. Though this red is firm, the lively acidity drives the long, mouthwatering finish."
- Item #: i_351274Bottle Size: 750mlWONDERFUL UNDER THE RADAR BURGUNDIES - This small estate has been in existence for four generations. Hervé and Anne Sigaut took over for Maurice Sigaut in 1990 and since that time have made significant improvements in the vineyards and cellar. The winery was updated in 2004 and the wines are made with minimal intervention and judicious use of new oak.
Anne Sigaut takes special care of these ancient vines. Especially because this terroir's potential is closer to one of a premier cru than of a village appellation. Its density requires 30% aging in new barrels. This cuvée features outstanding complexity when it comes to the nose: pepper notes make way for floral aromas reminiscent of blooming roses. On the palate, its lengthy body offers simultaneously fine and dense tannins. Notice a hint of peppermint, which rounds up the palate nicely for a perfect balance. To pair with saddles of rabbit and prunes for example.
- Item #: i_322133Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 90 - 92 POINTS - "This is aromatically cooler and a bit more restrained though not quite as complex with its elegant blend of red currant, violet, plum and soft earth hints. I very much like the silky mouth feel of the more obviously mineral-inflected flavors that deliver fine length on the mildly austere finale. This is presently less complex than the best in the range but the delivery is absolutely lovely and if more depth develops this could be excellent in time."
DECANTER 93 POINTS - " Captivating aromas of forest fruits, bitter rose, orange rind and espresso are followed by a silky, almost voluptuously supple wine framed by delicate, refined tannins. A beautiful premier cru. Drinking Window 2018 - 2045."