- Item #: i_352602Bottle Size: 750mlFrom 104 year old Pinot Fin vines, this has to be one of the greatest value reds to be found in Burgundy, and the 2015 rendition is especially good. Brooding dark fruit, coniferous forest floor and espresso lead into a deep, fine-grained and very complete palate with a silky core of ripe, fine tannins and lovely concentration.
- Item #: i_378941Bottle Size: 750mlJacques Beaufort has long been one of our Champagne hero's. Back in the early 1970's Jacques was virtually alone leading the charge against the use of chemicals and herbicides and he has now been farming biodynamically for decades. Beaufort's approach to winemaking is equally stripped-down and non-interventionist. Such a strict, natural approach has its obvious risks, and over the years his Champagnes have been a bit "hit or miss" but his hits like this 2010 are often home runs. This is a bright, exuberant (dare we say hedionistic) Champagne that belies it Brut Zero configuration. The 2010 Andre Beaufort presents a delicate mousse and persistent bubbles, greeting your nose with pear, herbs de Provence and toasted hazelnuts. Expressive in character and bold on the palate, it culminates with a fine, zippy finish.
- Item #: i_351962Bottle Size: 750mlThis Bourgogne rouge is surprisingly charming and floral. This Pinot is a blend of seven different plots around Cote de Nuits, 50% from Chambolle Musigny appellation, 25% from Nuits Saint Georges, and 25% from Vosne Romanée. Flamboyant aroma of supple rose petal, wild strawberries, and raspberry. 60% whole cluster. Great lightness and gentleness.
- Item #: i_350722Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 88-91The Chambolle-Musigny is a beauty made from several different plots located quite high in the Chambolle appellation south of the village – i.e. from a quite cool area. This translates into a gorgeous village – the bouquet is brimming with fresh red fruit with notes of red currant, pomegranate and forest strawberries – infused by a classic Chambolle minerality. On the palate very vibrant offering gorgeous mid-palate fruit brought forward by a fresh acidity and the filigree minerality. A truly lovely Chambolle village.
- Item #: i_351964Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 91 POINTS - "A spicy mix of both red and dark currant combines with notes of violet, tea and clove. This is also exceptionally intense with excellent detail and punch to the medium-bodied, sappy and caressing flavors that deliver first-rate persistence for a villages level Vosne. This too is worth a look provided you have at least some patience."
- Item #: i_352925Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS 92 POINTS - "The 2017 Chambolle-Musigny Village comes from north-facing vineyards toward the upper slopes – the last vines to ripen, as they can lie in the shade. Containing 80% whole bunch fruit, it has a well-defined, slightly tertiary bouquet with touches of black pepper and pencil lead. The medium-bodied palate presents fresh red fruit, lightly spiced with white pepper, sage and a touch of tobacco, perhaps a little Morey-like in structure, but with a very long finish. Excellent."
BURGHOUND 91 POINTS - "A more deeply pitched nose features notes of plum, violet and red cherry along with soft spice wisps. The rich and refined middle weight flavors possess a caressing mouthfeel while delivering a moderately firm, dusty and borderline robust finish that offers fine complexity and persistence. A fine but firm Chambolle villages."
- Item #: i_350514Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91-93WINE ADVOCATE 91-93 POINTS - "The 2016 Fixin en Combe Roy includes around 40% whole bunch fruit. It has a clean and fresh bouquet with blackberry and raspberry fruit, wet stone and a hint of orange blossom. The palate is very well balanced, and the whole bunch is well disguised, merely lending more freshness and tension on the sorbet-fresh finish. Excellent."
- Item #: i_350513Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90-92WINE ADVOCATE 90-92 POINTS - "The 2017 Fixin 1er Cru Les Arvelets exhibits lovely aromas of sweet berries, spicy forest floor and grilled game, followed by a medium to full-bodied, ample and satiny palate, its sinewy tannins cloaked in fleshy fruit, balanced by juicy acids. This is an utterly charming Arvelets that will be hard to resist on release."
- Item #: i_353094Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS 92 POINTS - "Moderately saturated medium red. Sexy, musky aromas of fresh, ripe strawberry, raspberry, menthol and licorice. Quite penetrating for the vintage, with its touch of sweetness effortlessly carried by firm acidity cooling menthol and underlying minerality. This very sexy wine finishes firm and long, with a solid tannic spine and an element of saline complexity. Really spreads out on the end to dust the entire palate and vibrate."
- Item #: i_353017Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Boisson-Vadot is one of the finest, outstanding small producers in the village of Meursault that are not particularly well known beyond their native France, but which produce stellar examples of Meursault. The estate is currently run by the father and son team of Bernard and Pierre Boisson, who turn out between three and four thousand cases of wine per year.
No-brainer red Burg buy from one of the hottest names with those in the know. You have to try at least one of these!
- Item #: i_353322Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINT - "A big red, rich in texture, laced with black cherry, pomegranate and violet notes, showing hints of iron and earth. Features a solid structure underneath and finishes long and sappy."
- Item #: i_353233Bottle Size: 750mlFrom two vines; one Meursault Coutures, and the other Puligny Champans – 50% whole cluster. ‘I like ‘supple’ but I won’t go down the route of making an easy-drinking wine that’s dead in 10 years – this includes the press wine too.’. Ooh, wow, round supple fresh and complex. Big volume, layers of flavour. Fresh, and really tasty, big in the finish too – delicious and not a hint facile. Bravo Bourgogne!
- Item #: i_350969Bottle Size: 750mlAllen Meadows - Burghound - " (from Les Chênes and Les Chambres; vinified with 50% whole clusters). A pungent nose is comprised by notes of moderate reduction and wood so I would suggest decanting this first if you’re going to try a bottle young. Otherwise there is a bit more volume and richness if much less minerality to the middle weight flavors, all wrapped in a moderately firm and rustic finish where a trace of dryness emerges. My sense is that the dryness is due to the recent bottling and should eventually dissipate. 2022+"
- Item #: i_350970Bottle Size: 750mlCaroline Morey comes from a long line of vignerons based in the Cotes de Beaune and is also married to Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey.This wine is from vines located in the southern sector of Santenay quite high on the slope adjoining 1er cru Grand Clos Rousseau. The grapes here are fully destemmed and the wine aged in 30% new barrels. This shows fine bright sour cherry aromatics with super fine tannins and striking finesse and wonderfully fresh crunchy fruit. So attractive now.
- Item #: i_353487Bottle Size: 750mlUnfurling in the glass with aromas of ripe cherries, plums and raspberries that are complemented by sweet soil tones, the 2018 Bourgogne Rouge is medium to full-bodied, its fleshy core of fruit structured around a chassis of rich, powdery tannin that lends the wine quite a muscular profile this year. This is a blend of roughly equal parts fruit from the granitic soils of Paris l'Hôpital, in the Hautes-Côtes near Maranges, and Puligny-Montrachet.
- Item #: i_353488Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "Wafting from the glass with notes of rich dark fruits, baking chocolate, peonies, orange rind and rose, the 2018 Ladoix Les Briquottes is medium to full-bodied, with a pretty core of exquisitely perfumed fruit, powdery structuring tannins and a long, chalky and aromatic finish."