- Item #: i_351473Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Boisson, located in Meursault, was not very well known until recently. It was a kind of hidden gem. The domaine is part of the family Domaine Boisson-Vadot which is divided into three entities: the parents have Boisson-Vadot, the son Pierre Boisson and the daughter Anne Boisson. The élevage for the wines is long (between 15 and 20 months) and the quality of the wine is regular, with great finesse and infinite finish. The Meursault Sous la Velle has an open bouquet with aromas of citrus and white-fleshed fruit (apple and pear) and acacia notes. It has a fresh, nicely fruity palate with a distinctive mineral quality.
- Item #: i_353423Bottle Size: 750mlCaves Jean Bourdy is one of the oldest domaines in the Jura, owned by the Bourdy family for 15 generations since 1475 in the village of Arlay. The Domaine is now run by brothers Jean-Phillipe and Jean-François, the 15th generation of winemakers at this estate.
The Domaine was certified biodynamic in 2006. The combination of some of the best terroir in the Jura and careful and patient winemaking results in wines that thoroughly express the land on which it is grown.
- Item #: i_352091Bottle Size: 750mlDemougeot is a native of Burgundy who started his domaine in the heart of Meursault in 1992. Today he has a total of almost 20 acres under vine and makes 14 different wines so there isn't much of any single wine. There are no synthetic herbicides, pesticides or fertilizers used in the vineyards. Much of the plowing is done with a horse and all harvest is by hand. The farming is probably closer to biodynamic than organic but he follows neither with religious ferver, instead relying on his connection with the land to determine the methods that keep the land the healthiest and most lively. The style here is one of classism and elegance. The wines are gentle and never forced yet have a verve that allows them to age with ease. Fermentation is done in cement cuve. Elevage is relatively long at 18 months for both the red and whites. Chardonnay grapes for this 2016 Meursault are sourced from three distinct parcels in three lieux-dits, namely ‘Les Chaumes, ‘Les Pellans’ and ‘Limouzin’. Vines are 18-60 years of age. Matured for 12 months in French oak barriques, 10% new. It shows hints of white peach and minerals on the nose. Elegant and bracing on the palate with beautiful notes of peach, apple, nectarine and minerality.
- Item #: i_351282Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Aromas of lime zest, Anjour pear, oatmeal and dried white flowers introduce the 2016 Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Les Ménétrières, a full-bodied, ample and satiny wine, with lovely mid-palate depth and dimension, concluding with a long, penetrating finish. The alliance of elegance with concentration and volume marks this out as potentially the finest of Ferret's 2016s, though the Tournant de Pouilly may give it a run for its money."
- Item #: i_351283Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 93 PointsDecanter: 93 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2016 Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Tournant de Pouilly is one of the more reserved wines in the portfolio, unfurling reluctantly in the glass with notes of ripe lemons, yellow orchard fruit and pastry cream. On the palate, it's full-bodied, deep and dense, with considerable concentration and substance, balanced by the bright acids that this domaine seems so unfailingly to capture. This has considerable aging potential and will demand two or three years' patience."
DECANTER 93 POINTS - "This cuvée hails from one hectare of old vines in an east-facing climat near the hamlet of Pouilly. A sweet bouquet of confit citrus, yellow orchard fruit, fresh almonds and orange zest is followed by a full-bodied, vibrant palate with an almost electric sense of energy, lovely depth at the core, and a long, pure finish. This is beautifully bright, yet also clearly the product of ripe grapes."
BURGHOUND 91 POINTS - "A pungent combination offers up strong notes of petrol where additional breadth is present in the form of essence of white orchard fruit and oak toast. The mouth feel of the equally sized flavors is slightly more refined yet there is fine concentration and punch on the bitter lemon-inflected finish. This needs a few years to better harmonize and to develop better depth but the underlying material appears to be present such that it should progressively improve."
- Item #: i_351769Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92 PointsDecanter: 92 PointsDECANTER 92 POINTS - "The Vaudésir is the ripest and most giving of the three grand cru bottlings in the range this year, offering up an expressive bouquet of peach, preserved lemon and flowers. The wine is textural, full-bodied and concentrated, with notable extract buttressed by ripe but succulent acids that evoke the wines of the 2015 vintage." Drinking Window 2020 - 2030
- Item #: i_353236Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine is complete with all of the bells and whistles this premier cru vineyard could ever offer. Its aromas and flavors of ripe fruit, cloves, and citrus peel should provide a great pairing mate with a classic Coq au Vin.
- Item #: i_351281Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+Wine Enthusiast: 94 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 94 POINTS - "This tightly textured wine comes from the vineyard at the top of the Puligny-Montrachet slope, which has a stony chalk soil. Wood-aging flavors add richness to this wonderfully full-bodied wine. The final acidity and texture will allow it to age for many years. Drink from 2023. (4/2019)
WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "The 2016 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Folatières (Domaine des Héritiers Jadot) is showing superbly from bottle, wafting from the glass with aromas of fragrant citrus fruit, crisp green apple, white flowers and subtle pastry cream. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, deep and layered, with a satiny texture, excellent concentration and a seamless, elegant profile. Jadot has several parcels in Folatières, so this is an important cuvée for them. It's well worth seeking out.(WK)
- Item #: i_313610Bottle Size: 750mlMaison Louis Latour is one of the most innovative producers in Burgundy whilst maintaining its traditional image. With a view to expanding the business in 1979, the valley of the Ardèche river with its clay and limestone-based soils was chosen as the ideal location to produce a top-quality Chardonnay wine. The Chardonnay d'Ardèche is aged in stainless steel vats for approximately 10 months. It is a fresh and easy to drink wine. Crisp, clean and delicious with outstanding complexity for the price, Latour’s Ardeche delivers a basket full of sundry autumn apple and dried orchard fruit flavors. Refreshing and invigorating, here’s the perfect after work “pick-me-up” that delivers way beyond the wine’s meager price point. No oak or butter, just a delightful glass of Chardonnay at your disposal that’s perfect for snackies and light hors d’oeuvres!
- Item #: i_351184Bottle Size: 750mlThe negiciant house Maison Leroy was founded by Francois Leroy in the small village of Auxey-Duresses in 1868. Henri Leroy joined the business in 1919 and when daughter Lalou Bize-Leroy took over her father's negociant business in 1964, she became one of the first women to head an important firm in Burgundy. As well as an unwavering devotee of biodynamism, Bize-Leroy is a passionate believer in low yields. Leroy is known for wines with incredible density and intensity of fruit. This basic Bourgogne Blanc offers a level of fruit intensity and extraction that is uncommon for white Burgundy. Meticulous in its integration of oak to the texture, there's lots of ripe fruit, long-lasting flavors and a fine, laser-sharp finish.
- Item #: i_353235Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 92 PointsDecanter: 92 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2016 Saint-Aubin 1er Cru En Remilly is showing very well from bottle, offering up notes of green orchard fruit, iodine, citrus oil and crushed chalk. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, tensile and concentrated, with bright acids, a deep core of crisp fruit and a chalky finish. It's an impeccable En Remilly from Damien Colin that I wouldn't hesitate to purchase for my own cellar."
- Item #: i_353234Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2016 Saint-Aubin 1er Cru En Montceau is superb, and one of the highlights of Damien Colin's portfolio this year, wafting from the glass with a classy bouquet of lemon oil, tangerine, crisp yellow orchard fruit, honeycomb and wet stones. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, satiny and tensile, with wonderful purity and depth at the core, brisk but ripe acids and a long, incisive and unmistakably mineral finish. Colin contends that En Montceau is the finest terroir for white wine in Saint-Aubin, and this bottle is compelling testimony in support of that contention. It's one of the best Saint-Aubins of the vintage. The 2017 vintage is a great success for Domaine Marc Colin, an estate that today ranks among the Côte de Beaune's finest sources for white Burgundy. Eschewing stylistic extremes, Damien Colin is producing wines that combine amplitude and incisiveness to great effect. Thanks to a more judicious approach to new oak—including heavy investment in demi-muids and foudres—these wines are also considerably purer and better integrated than they were a decade ago. The evolution, of course, never ends: Colin will be extending the élevage of some of his 2017s beyond the customary 12-16 months, and I am excited to see the results from bottle. Meanwhile, I was also impressed by a selection of Colin's 2016s that I tasted from bottle: the wines have become more complete with élevage, integrating their tangy acids."
- Item #: i_352990Bottle Size: 750mlThe Fontaine-Saint-Martin vineyard is named for an ancient Cistercian abbey nearby dating to 1127. The hillside of vines has been in production for centuries, and tended by Michel and his father before him for the last 40 years. The Fontaine Saint Martin is indeed special — its soil is the same mix of marl, clay, and limestone found on the Hill of Corton. The wine may not match the richness or longevity of a Corton-Charlemagne, but it’s smooth floral quality will call to mind the famous Grand Cru.
- Item #: i_351468Bottle Size: 750mlAlthough not certified organic the Domaine never use any fertiliser or pesticides and all the vines are ploughed to control weeds and to air the soil. Vinification is traditional and the harvest is done by hand. The grapes are sorted in the vines and back at the Domaine before going into vats. The wine is aged in oak barrels between 15 and 18 months, sometimes more if the vintage demands it. New oak is used very sparingly, though there are no hard & fast rules as to percentages of new or old barrels, the vintage decides. What is clear, t though, is that in no way do the Domaine want the oak to mask the character of the wine. Bottling is done at the Domaine without any filtration. The wines, even at Bourgogne level, are incredibly intense, taut and powerful, they are definitely the more mineral side of the Meursault spectrum. The flinty, powerful Meursaults rank among the very top wines of the commune.
- Item #: i_345357Bottle Size: 750MLBIODYNAMIC
An attempt to achieve the maximum expression of those terroirs : our 35 hectares of vineyards are cultivated in bio-dynamic viticulture (certified by Demeter) to allow the soils to live, to have grapes untouched by chemical products, to allow natural yeast fermentations, to reduce the doses of sulfur in the cellar. The Chardonnay barrels are kept topped up, but even so the wines tend to offer a hint of the same nutty character on top of the more classic outline of the Chardonnay grape.