- Item #: i_352130Bottle Size: 750mlCaroline Morey comes from a long line of vignerons based in the Cotes de Beaune and is also married to Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey. In 2014 Caroline has taken her share of some family vineyards from her father Jean-Marc and has created her own domaine based in Chassagne-Montrachet working out of brand new cellars built for Caroline and her husband Pierre-Yves.
Older vines here, planted in the mid-60s, roughly. White planted in the middle, book-ended by this red. 40% whole bunch in 2018. ’(vinified with 25% whole clusters). This is also relatively high-toned as the fruit derives more from the red side of the spectrum. There is a bit more volume and mid-palate density to the rich and nicely energetic medium-bodied flavors that aren’t as fine but do offer slightly better depth in an age-worthy package. Good stuff. (90-92)/2028+’ Burghound.com April 2020 ’More like the herb-edged wines – the wc showing perhaps the most of all these. Ooh – that has a lovely depth of flavour, round, full and deep, similar to the Champs Gain in form – long finishing on a more subtle level. Super wine but for patience – I would say 5 years but it’s potentially a great Beaune!’ Bill Nanson, Burgundy Report, October 2019
- Item #: i_353487Bottle Size: 750mlUnfurling in the glass with aromas of ripe cherries, plums and raspberries that are complemented by sweet soil tones, the 2018 Bourgogne Rouge is medium to full-bodied, its fleshy core of fruit structured around a chassis of rich, powdery tannin that lends the wine quite a muscular profile this year. This is a blend of roughly equal parts fruit from the granitic soils of Paris l'Hôpital, in the Hautes-Côtes near Maranges, and Puligny-Montrachet.
- Item #: i_351541Bottle Size: 750mlChavy-Chouet's Pinot Noir is classified as humble Bourgogne Rouge, but the fruit for it comes from an excellent single-vineyard site near Pommard. Great value. Soft, elegant red berry flavours; a hint of earthy spice; superb structure and balance. This Pinot Noir comes from the 'La Taupe' vineyard, a very good Pinot Noir site near Pommard.
- Item #: i_350983Bottle Size: 750ml"An attractively fresh and ripe nose offers up of mostly red berry aromas that are cut with hints of earth and humus. There is really good density to the suave and sappy medium weight flavors that possess outstanding depth and length for its level and only a touch of rusticity. This is excellent."
- Item #: i_350827Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2018 vintage of Faiveley Mercurey is another winner, continuing a string of successful vintages for this domaine. In fact, this wine has become a customer favorite over the past several years and is one of our best sellers from Burgundy. After tasting this delicious Pinot Noir, we're confident it will keep disappearing from our shelves. The Wine Spectator's Bruce Sanderson consistently awards this wine high scores and has repeatedly described it as a "Smart Buy."
This is a no brainer and a great pick for parties, gifts or to simply enjoy whenever the mood strikes. Enjoy!
"Fine depth of flavor and juicy cherry fruit mark this red. Black cherry, plum and spice and complement the core of silky fruit. Harmonious enough to enjoy now. Drink now through 2028."
- Item #: i_353218Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 91 POINTS - "A fresh and decidedly more elegant nose reflects high-toned notes of pomegranate, red cherry and a lovely blend of floral and forest floor scents. There is a lovely sleekness to the delicious, caressing and well-detailed flavors that deliver slightly better depth and persistence on the stony finish where a touch of wood influence arises. This is quite good and worthy of consideration."
- Item #: i_352048Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 91 POINTS - "Here the nose isn't quite as elegant but it's more complex with its relatively cool and restrained nose that blends both red and dark currant, earth and a whiff of the sauvage. There is very good volume to the intense and equally complex medium-bodied flavors that display focused power on the impressively long and well-balanced finale. This is a first-rate Gevrey villages and easily achieves premier cru quality."
- Item #: i_352174Bottle Size: 750mlLovely blueberry fruit, ripe from 45 year old vines. For Pierre Gelin and all across the Côte d’Or 2018 was a bumper crop, the biggest since 2009. This Bourgogne Rouge has rich berry fruit and chunky alcohol. It’s a 14% Bourgogne rouge! The grapes were the last to be picked after the hot summer of 2018. A Bourgogne Rouge with impact.
- Item #: i_345854Bottle Size: 750MLSylvain Pataille is one of the new breed of winemakers who first achieved the highest level of technical training before beginning to craft his own wines. A highly-regarded consulting oenologist, who still advises over 15 Burgundy domaines, Pataille has in very short order built up (mostly en fermage) a domaine of some 15 hectares, all in Marsannay, the northernmost, and most recent (1987) AOC of the Côte de Nuits.
Domaine Pataille is farmed organically — in transition to completely biodynamic wine production. Accordingly, there are no chemical herbicides, pesticides, or fertilizers; and only natural yeasts, no enzymes, are used. The fermentation, partially in fiberglass and partially in stainless steel, is relatively short — usually only 10-12 days — with temperatures held to a maximum of around 32°C. The wines are then racked into oak barriques (1/3 new) and then aged for up to 24 months (18 on average) before bottling.
- Item #: i_353376Bottle Size: 750mlThe father and son team at Domaine Vincent & Jean-Pierre Charton is putting the appellation of Mercurey on the map. Their exciting brand of juicy Cote Chalonnaise Pinot Noir is a wonderful expression of the passion, philosophy and family integrity that makes the wines of Burgundy so very special.Together they work their land manually, preserving biologically active soils. A careful pruning policy restricts budding to only 5 or 6 buds per vine, thereby restricting yields to achieve maximum quality. The winemaking is what Vincent describes as non-interventionist and his motto is “let the wine make itself”: natural yeasts, 100% destemmed fruit, careful handling and minimal new oak (30%) is the Charton recipe, with bottling normally taking place 10 months after the harvest. In short these are gorgeous wines that are pure and bright, and a timely reminder of why we shouldn’t just focus our red Burgundy buying to the confines of the Côte d’Or. They offer as good value Pinot Noir as anywhere in the world.This cuvée is from a selection of vineyards in the village with vines averaging 50 years of age or more. With hints of black cherry and dark currants on the nose, this is a wine of texture and balance that boasts an abundance of wild berry fruits on the palate. It has volume, subtle weight and a long rewarding finish.