- Item #: i_354213Bottle Size: 750mlFloral, bright red fruits from nose to finish distinguish this exceptional under $40 Cote de Beaune Bed Burgundy. The ripe 2015 vintage in Burgundy greatly benefits regions like Auxey-Duresses (which is above Meursault, up against the hill), which can struggle to ripen Pinot Noir perfectly. Medium body, a fine intensity and wonderfully aromatic, this slender but not gaunt beauty is very good now.
- Item #: i_353858Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS 91 - 93 POINTS - "The 2018 Gevrey-Chambertin Village comes from four hectares of old vines worked by Arnaud Mortet himself. It has a crisp, focused bouquet, quite mineral-driven, with so much freshness. The very well-defined palate features pure red and black fruit tinged with brown spice. Silky-smooth on the finish, this feels very complete and harmonious. Superb."
- Item #: i_351963Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Arnoux-Lachaux, previously Domaine Robert Arnoux, was founded in 1858, making the current incumbent Charles Lachaux the sixth generation of this family-owned estate. The Domaine today revolves around Charles who took over in 2015.
Beautifully perfumed on the nose, violets and roses to the fore. The palate is juicy and upbeat, with bright red berries and an inviting fleshy succulence. Definitely at the red-fruited end of the spectrum, which is good to see in a village-level Nuits-Saint-Georges.
- Item #: i_351962Bottle Size: 750mlThis Bourgogne rouge is surprisingly charming and floral. This Pinot is a blend of seven different plots around Cote de Nuits, 50% from Chambolle Musigny appellation, 25% from Nuits Saint Georges, and 25% from Vosne Romanée. Flamboyant aroma of supple rose petal, wild strawberries, and raspberry. 60% whole cluster. Great lightness and gentleness.
- Item #: i_353322Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "A big red, rich in texture, laced with black cherry, pomegranate and violet notes, showing hints of iron and earth. Features a solid structure underneath and finishes long and sappy."
- Item #: i_354159Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Bursting with aromas of sweet berry fruit, licorice, spices and peonies, the 2018 Beaune 1er Cru Les Reversées is medium to full-bodied, ample and layered, with a charming core of bright, lively fruit, framed by velvety tannins and concluding with a precise finish. As usual, this is the most immediate of the domaine's premiers crus and will drink well young."
- Item #: i_353324Bottle Size: 750mlDecanter: 96 PointsWe just received another allocation of an amazing Premier Cru red Burgundy that sold out in a heart beat when we offered it in January. The demand was so high, we established a list for those who wanted to be notified if we received more. It's back and now is the time to grab some!
We at Hi-Time sell a LOT of red Burgundy and really enjoy the compelling balance, complexity and delicious drinkability of wine from the most famous Pinot Noir region in the world.
We first tasted the 2017 Premier Cru from Cellier Aux Moines months ago and absolutely loved it. The purity of fruit, silky smooth tannins and persistence made us sit up and take notice. We immediately purchased as much as we could get and enthusiastically recommended it to our Burgundy afficionados.
Then something pretty cool happened. Decanter magazine reviewed this wine and gave it a jaw-dropping score of 96 Points! The review notes "the wine's brilliance" and also calls it, "immediately expressive" with "aromas that leap from the glass, in a suave and elegant package."
This reaffirmed what we felt about this wine, but unfortunately we didn't have enough on hand to send out in an email offer for our customers. After several months, we were finally able to secure a bit more so we can share this gorgeous wine with a broader audience.
The domaine has a great story to tell and the property has been producing wine since 1130. The 5-hectare vineyard was farmed by Cistercian monks who recognized the quality of the terroir and its favorable southern exposure. The Premier cru "Clos Cellier Aux Moines" is considered the best vineyard in Givry. Specifically, the "Clos" or walled vineyard section where this wine is sourced is the creme de la creme of that vineyard. The clay-limestone geology that is shared by all the great Burgundy vineyards is obviously present here.
More recently, the Pascal family acquired this historic plot and set about farming organically and converting to Biodynamic practices. Their investment also included the construction of a gravity fed cellar to allow for gentler handling of the fruit.
The 2017 vintage in Givry was ideal with a sunny and warm Spring and Summer. The grapes achieved perfect ripeness and balance and were harvested by hand. After careful sorting, they were fed by gravity into oak vats with some of the grapes left in whole bunches. Fermentation occurred using only natural yeasts and the wine was aged 16 to 18 months in oak casks (1/3 new oak).
The resulting wine is flat out gorgeous with impressive depth and concentration showcasing red and black cherry as well as blackberry with earth, forest floor, light florals and a touch of spice.
This is a delicious Premier Cru Burgundy available at an incredible price. It is certainly our best Burgundy buy in recent memory.
Our supply of this wine is limited. When it's gone it's gone!
DECANTER 96 POINTS - "The 2017 vintage for red Burgundy was Janus-like. Some wines are charming and forward. Others, like this one, have the requisite substance, structure, and balance for the long haul. This was the first year the domaine was almost fully biodynamic, and, that perhaps, explains the wine's brilliance. Immediately expressive, the 2017 grabs your attention. Aromas leap from the glass. On the palate, it combines firm mineral qualities with a Bing cherry-like fruitiness in a suave and elegant package. Fractionally less ripe compared to the 2015, its minerality shines. A hint of bitterness in the finish adds to its appeal. Supple, yet firm, tannins provide perfect support."
- Item #: i_353487Bottle Size: 750mlUnfurling in the glass with aromas of ripe cherries, plums and raspberries that are complemented by sweet soil tones, the 2018 Bourgogne Rouge is medium to full-bodied, its fleshy core of fruit structured around a chassis of rich, powdery tannin that lends the wine quite a muscular profile this year. This is a blend of roughly equal parts fruit from the granitic soils of Paris l'Hôpital, in the Hautes-Côtes near Maranges, and Puligny-Montrachet.
- Item #: i_374880Bottle Size: 750MLANTONIO GALONI 93 POINTS-"The 2015 Les Couarres (Pinot Noir), is ample, creamy and wonderfully expressive. The natural breadth of Pinot comes through beautifully. Vinification in oak brings out striking vinous intensity in the red plum, spice, leather and crushed flower flavors. Although the 2015 has plenty of depth to age, it is incredibly appealing now. Dosage is 6 grams per liter. Disgorged: June, 2020."
The vineyards of Merfy, seven kilometers north of Reims, lie on the southern slopes of the Massif de Saint-Thierry in the Montagne de Reims. These slopes were planted shortly after the arrival of the Romans and monks of the neighboring Abbey of Saint-Thierry expanded the vineyards in the 7th century. Today, Chartogne-Taillet remains the only grower-producer in the village and under Alexandre Chartogne’s guidance, the wines of Chartogne-Taillet are some of the most sought-after Champagnes being produced. Lovers of grower champagne are familiar with Chartogne-Taillet’s Les Barres, the single parcel, un-grafted Meunier wine, released first in the 2006 vintage. This was the first wine that Alexandre produced after returning home to his family domaine, from working with Anselme Selosse, his mentor.
- Item #: i_354227Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 91 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Marsannay is a slightly darker, sappier, spicier wine that still has plenty of richness and depth. Black raspberries, smoked herbs, earth, and violets notes all emerge from the glass, and it's medium-bodied, with good acidity, beautiful balance, and a great finish. This is another beautiful wine from this team."
- Item #: i_353888Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92VINOUSMEDIA 92 POINTS: "Pale brilliant orange. Deep-pitched scents of ripe red berries, exotic flowers and succulent herbs, along with a smoky mineral note in the background. Shows excellent clarity and spicy lift on the palate, offering sappy raspberry and bitter cherry flavors that tighten up quickly with air. At once concentrated and lively, with a sexy floral nuance coming in on the impressively long, chewy finish."
- Item #: i_345688Bottle Size: 750MLThe nose has intensity and is youthful with floral notes, red fruits and earthy tones. Silky smooth, long finish with a palate of plum, strawberries, and redcurrants. Very well made from an up and coming star of Burgundy.
When Pascal Danjean assumed control of the family estate more than 20 years ago he decided he was going to begin bottling and stop selling the production to the local cooperative. In 1993 he bottled the estate’s first vintage and the years since have seen him plant more of the estates holdings, which are primarily located in 1er Cru vineyards in the small village of Givry in Burgundy’s Côte Chalonnaise. The wines are never fined or filtered and Pascal eschews the use of new wood almost entirely, resulting in soft, supple wines that allow the terroir to shine.
Pascal now exploits just over 7 hecatares of vineyards in Givry including just under 1 hectare of Chardonnay. There is also .7 hectares of Mercurey in a vineyard called Les Chavances. For the Pinots, Pascal elects to destem and all fermentation is carried out in neutral vats. Depending on the cuvée, the wine is then either aged in stainless steel or transferred to barrel. The Bourgogne rouge and part of the Village wine is aged in Stainless while the 1er Crus are raised in mostly neutral oak. The Chardonnay is aged almost entirely in stainless steel with 10% – 15% in neutral oak.