- Item #: i_353426Bottle Size: 750mlBIODYNAMIC, ORGANIC
A blend of roussanne, white grenache and marsanne with a touch of viognier – from the southern Rhône Valley. Deliciously rich, concentrated wine with mandarin, orange zest, toasted almond, apricot and subtle spice flavours. A complex, powerful wine that’s textural and mouthfilling.” – Bob Campbell MW Tasting Note: A blend of Rousanne, White Grenache and Marsanne, with a touch of Viognier. Barrel-aged for 8 months. The nose is powerful and expressive with citrus aromas and hints of toasted almonds and anise. In the mouth it has flavours of lime with good acidity and mineralogy, and a very long finish. Ideally coupled with foods such as salmon, game, poultry, rabbit, pâté and hard cheeses. Serve lightly chilled at 14ºC. Enjoy now or for five to six years.
- Item #: i_354183Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsWINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "This has an intense core of crushed plum, raspberry and boysenberry fruit flavors, draped with melted licorice notes and backed by a wave of warm fruitcake. Hedonistic for sure, but accents of anise, violet and singed apple wood dart around, adding extra facets of intrigue to hold your attention. Grenache and Mourvèdre. Best from 2020 through 2040."
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "The 2015 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Renaissance is a gem and as always is a 60/40 split of Grenache and Mourvèdre brought up in demi-muids and smaller barrels (one-third new). Blackcurrants, blackberries, wine marinade, licorice, and pepper all emerge from this opulent, incredibly sexy beauty that has full-bodied richness, sweet tannin and more mid-palate depth and richness than most. It’s going to need 3-4 years of cellaring to hit its stride and last for 15+."
- Item #: i_354184Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 97 POINTS - "This delivers a lush, enticing blast of cassis and raspberry and boysenberry preserve flavors, carried by a silky structure that lets the fruit play out at length, giving adequate time for black tea, singed apple wood, dried anise and fruitcake notes to fill in throughout. Dreamy. Grenache. Best from 2020 through 2040."
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "Made from 100% Grenache, the 2015 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Vieilles Vignes is a more opulent, hedonistic effort compared to the Renaissance and offers killer notes of plums, caramelized black cherries, spring flowers and licorice. Possessing sweet tannin, impeccable balance and a finish that won’t quit, drink it anytime over the coming 15 years or more."
- Item #: i_344288Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94-96Jeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 94-96 POINTS - "The 2015 Châteauneuf du Pape Les Origines (50% Grenache, 30% Mourvèdre and 20% Syrah aged in a mix of concrete tanks and small barrels) has fabulous notes of crème de cassis, blackberry jam, roasted herbs and graphite. Full-bodied, ultra-pure and with incredibly polished tannin, it’s up with some of the best vintage of this cuvée to date. It will need 2-3 years of cellaring and have two decades of longevity. This sensational estate consistently produces some of the top whites of the appellation (in addition to the reds), and they’ve done well in 2015."
JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "The classic blend of 50% Grenache, 30% Mourvèdre and 20% Syrah brought up in new barrels and concrete tanks, the 2015 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Les Origines is a cuvée that's much more elegant and seamless today than in the past. Cured meats, ripe red and black fruits, garrigue, and graphite notes all emerge from this balanced, structured wine that has beautiful purity and length. There's plenty of tannins, so give it a few years."
- Item #: i_351461Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 98JEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS - "The 2015 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Tintot offers more black fruits, olive tapenade, charred meats and graphite, as well as a huge, concentrated, incredibly pure style on the palate. While the Quet is all about opulence and pleasure, this has a more focused, pure style, while not losing a beat on concentration and purity. I'd gladly put this up against Beaucastel's Hommage cuvée. Enjoy this incredible expression of Châteauneuf du Pape anytime over the coming 20-25 years."
- Item #: i_353268Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 96Vieille Julienne's Jean-Paul Daumen is unquestionably one of the most talented winemakers in all of France" - Jeb Dunnuck
Jean-Paul Daumen continues to make some of the purest wines in the appellation" - James Molesworth, Wine Spectator
The Chateauneuf-du-Papes across the board are monumental wines" - Jeb Dunnuck
We recently had the opportunity to purchase extraordinary Chateauneuf du Pape at very compelling prices. This includes several library vintages direct from the estate of Domaine de la Vieille Julienne including the fantastic Trois Sources and Hauts Lieux bottlings. We have long been fans of the wines from Vieille Julienne where 5th generation owner and winemaker Jean-Paul Daumen has propelled this estate into the elite of both Chateauneuf and the Rhone Valley. The reviews for the featured wines reflect the quality of the estate, the winemaking and the excellent vintages we were able to acquire.
Critics such as the Wine Advocate, Wine Spectator and Jeb Dunnuck heaped high praise on these wines. Each has a score of at least 95 Points and some top out at 98 Points. Make no mistake, these are world class highly collectible and age able wines which would be a welcome addition in any serious collector's cellar.
Farming Biodynamically, Daumen refuses to use herbicides, fungicides, fertilizers and chemical products. He uses indigenous yeasts only and his wines certainly reflect the purity of his approach.
Les Haut Lieux is a single plot on the highest part of this north-facing hill, just below the famous Mont Redon plateau. Here you find sandy limestone soils covered with a good amount of the galets stones. This site is the last to be picked as it is the highest in elevation an includes a good dose of the late-ripening, Mouvedre. This wine has more structure and is certainly capable of cellaring.
These wines from Vieille Julienne are delicious examples of what Chateauneuf du Pape can offer and would make excellent additions to your cellar. We are thrilled to offer all of these wines at the lowest prices in the country.
WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS 'HIGHLY RECOMMENDED' - "This is beautiful, with gently steeped fig, boysenberry and blackberry fruit cruising through confidently, while light anise, black tea and incense accents weave around. The long, refined finish lets the fruit play out while a subtle chalky minerality keeps everything knit together. Best from 2020 through 2045."