- Item #: i_376844Bottle Size: 750mlThe Nicaise family has been making Champagne for four generations from their 22 acres of vines in the Premier Cru village of Hautvilliers a town famed as the home of Dom Perignon. The quality of this grower-producer really took a major step forward in 2007 when the latest generation, Laure Nicaise-Préaux and her husband Clement Préaux, officially started working at the house to help with the winemaking. Clément apprenticed at Selosse and worked at the Mailly co-op so he came armed with great training and experience. As his father-in-law has slowly yielded more control to him, Clement has lowered the dosages and improved the overall balance in the wines. From the excellent 2012 vintage this Chardonnay dominated (80%) Brut displays an effusive array of bright orchard fruits combined with outstanding precision and length. Drinks like a vintage Grande Marque costing twice its modest price.
- Item #: i_376559Bottle Size: 750MLWINERY NOTES: "Apples, stone fruits and wounderful aromas of freshly baked bread open to a full-bodied yet profoundly stony palate. Focused, fine and long on the finish, we beleive it will age well for at least a decade."
This limited (70 case) Millesime is a 50/50 blend of Grand Cru Chardonnay (Oger, Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, and Cramant) and Premier Cru Pinot Noir from Hautvillers and Cumieres. Hand harvested with 33% of the base wine undergoing malolactic feremtation followed by extended "Sur Latte" aging for 84 months.
- Item #: i_374009Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 93James Suckling: 94"What is perhaps most impressive about Pol Roger's vintage wines is that while they definitely exhibit a distinct personality, adhering closely to the house's style, they are also extremely transparent in regards to expressing vintage character. These are Champagnes of renowned longevity, and stocking vintage Pol Roger away in the cellar is always a wise move." - Peter Leim, Champagneguide.net
Widely regarded as one of the best Champagne vintages of the Century (rivaled only by 2002 and 2008) the 2012 harvest produced smaller than normal yields of generally pristine fruit marked with exceptional flavor concentration. Pol Roger was particularly successful in 2012 as the reviews below attest. To our knowledge our pricing is the lowest on the web for in stock merchandise. We suggest a quick response as this is a one-time direct import-offer that is limited to current inventory, so once these gems are gone, they are gone for good.
TYSON STELZER-THE CHAMPAGNE GUIDE 95 POINTS - "(disgorged 14 February 2019; 40% Chardonnay, 60% Pinot Noir; 20 grand and premier crus of the Montagne de Reims and the Côte des Blancs; 7g/L dosage). This cuvée has been a mainstay of my personal Champagne cellar longer than any other.. The 2012 vintage is poised to go down among the great, enduring seasons for this regal house... The result is consequently youthful and vibrant, a celebration of crunchy strawberry hull, red apple and fresh lemon, with lees age lending subtle touches of almond nougat. Elegantly poised Pinot Noir takes its signature lead, confidently supported by the citrus cut and refined chalk mineral texture of Chardonnay. All of the beguiling purity of Pol Roger is on grand display in this electric season, and it holds its own effortlessly on a very long finish of great line and drive. It has a grand future before it, and will only become more enticing over the coming decade..."
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "...the 2012 Brut Vintage offers up aromas of smoky peach, apples, pastry cream, white flowers and mandarin. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, broad and powerful, with more volume and amplitude than its blanc de blancs counterpart, revealing racy balancing acids, an already refined mousse and the impressive concentration that typifies this low-yielding vintage. It's a classic blend of 60% Pinot Noir and 40% Chardonnay that saw seven grams per liter dosage. Drink: 2020-2045. (Apr 2019)"
JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "Harmonious and straight with clarity and beauty to the wine. Cooked-apple and light honey aromas and flavors. Full body. Such balance and creaminess to the texture and weight. Lovely now."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Fine and creamy, with a delicate frame of mouthwatering acidity, this harmonious Champagne offers well-meshed flavors of yellow plum, biscuit and grated ginger. Floral, spice and mineral accents mesh with the finish. Drink now through 2027. 500 cases imported."
- Item #: i_379228Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93VINOUS WINE MEDIA 94 POINTS-"The 2012 Brut Nature Rosé is rich, explosive and pulsing with energy. Chef de Caves Jean-Baptiste Lécaillon adds an infusion of 25% cold soaked Pinot Noir into the same base wine as the 2012 Brut Nature, an approach that works beautifully in bringing out the energy and focus that make Champagnes from Cumières so distinctive. Even with all of its power, the 2012 is delicate, airy and full of nuance. This is such a gorgeous wine. I would prefer to drink it on the younger side."
- Item #: i_321840Bottle Size: 750MLWine Enthusiast: 93 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 93 POINTS - " While this vintage wine is still too young, it obviously has potential. The bright, tangy texture, minerality and the pure line of white fruits all point to a future of rich maturity. Wait to drink this wine until 2023."
- Item #: i_377885Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS- The clarity of chalk and white almond is striking. Gentle perfume with some light cherry fruits, peach, grapefruit and lemon citrus. The palate has a piercing burst of lemon and grapefruit flavor on the front and builds into gently biscuity and more savory flavors through the middle. Holds on to bright zesty acidity into the finish. Smooth, resolved and balanced. Really detailed." (10/16)