- Item #: i_321873Bottle Size: 750MLGorgeously creamy nose at first, reminiscent of raw, all-butter shortcrust pasty with fresh lemon zest. With more air a distinct notion of chalk comes through, as well as a notion almost of chamomile, a hint of the lift of pine. There is the inherent austerity of pure chalk soil which anchors this in profound coolness, relieved by the ripeness of 2012. There is a steeliness at the core that shimmers through, an essential, true nature that makes the statuesque structure of this wine, clothed in a warmer notion of ripeness. It treads a tenuous path between that utter, austere freshness of purest chalk and generous, warmth and ripeness. Its core of pure lemony brightness constitutes inherent, soothing coolness. The finish stands out via its taut, creamy apple-flesh texture. Just as we expect from this house, this is a picture of elegance. It is lovely now, but I am certain that this will wow us over years to come.
- Item #: i_374662Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS-"A 100% Pinot Noir here with a terrific floral nose: violets and red roses, some gently flinty reductive notes and red berries to boot. The palate's impressive thanks to plenty of tannin and a really impressive structure. Bold, long and very pure. Red-cherry-pip finish. Drink now."
- Item #: i_3765008Bottle Size: 750mlDECANTER 90 POINTS - " "With a hazelnut, white pepper and spice bouquet, this cuvée is taut, medium-bodied and nicely balanced, with a citrussy finish. The blend is 35% Chardonnay, 35% Pinot Noir and 30% Pinot Meunier."
Huré Frères follows strict sustainable practices from vine to bottle and selects from massale vineyards-essentially plots that have been replanted with cuttings from the best-performing vines.
- Item #: i_376559Bottle Size: 750MLWINERY NOTES: "Apples, stone fruits and wounderful aromas of freshly baked bread open to a full-bodied yet profoundly stony palate. Focused, fine and long on the finish, we beleive it will age well for at least a decade."
This limited (70 case) Millesime is a 50/50 blend of Grand Cru Chardonnay (Oger, Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, and Cramant) and Premier Cru Pinot Noir from Hautvillers and Cumieres. Hand harvested with 33% of the base wine undergoing malolactic feremtation followed by extended "Sur Latte" aging for 84 months.
- Item #: i_375984Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS-"A sleek, creamy Champagne, with an expressive range of toast, apricot, candied Meyer lemon zest, cassis and pastry cream set in a tightly knit and racy frame. This offers personality now, but the focus and concentration recommends it to the cellar as well. Disgorged February 2017. Drink now through 2030."
- Item #: i_377692Bottle Size: 750ml"...one of the best-kept secrets in the realm of world class bubbly. The wines have never varied from their classic, complex and beautifully balanced style that emphasizes stunning purity of fruit, superb minerality, gentle leesy tones, very refined mousse and simply stunning complexity."
-John Gilman, View From the Cellar
Ployez-Jacquemart is regularly recognized as a top producer by Peter Liem, Jancis Robinson, Revue de Vin de France, View from the Cellar, The Wine Advocate, and The Wine Spectator.
- Item #: i_374666Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 91James Suckling: 94"What is perhaps most impressive about Pol Roger's vintage wines is that while they definitely exhibit a distinct personality, adhering closely to the house's style, they are also extremely transparent in regards to expressing vintage character. These are Champagnes of renowned longevity, and stocking vintage Pol Roger away in the cellar is always a wise move." - Peter Leim, Champagneguide.net
Widely regarded as one of the best Champagne vintages of the Century (rivaled only by 2002 and 2008) the 2012 harvest produced smaller than normal yields of generally pristine fruit marked with exceptional flavor concentration. Pol Roger was particularly successful in 2012 as the reviews below attest. To our knowledge our pricing is the lowest on the web for in stock merchandise. We suggest a quick response as this is a one-time direct import-offer that is limited to current inventory, so once these gems are gone, they are gone for good.
TYSON STELZER-THE CHAMPAGNE GUIDE 96 POINTS - "(disgorged 26 March 2018; 100% Côte des Blancs grand crus: Avize, Oiry, Chouilly, Cramant, Oger; 7g/L dosage). For a house once led by Pinot Noir, Pol Roger is increasingly focusing on Chardonnay in its vintage wines, and recent vintages of its Blanc de Blancs demonstrate why. The 2012 proudly joins its greatest hits, alongside 2002 and 2008. This cuvée has been on allocation for some years, and the house has made the call to release 2012 after just five years on lees (2008 had a little under six years, 2006 had eight and 2002 had nine). Testimony to the molecular precision of Pol Roger’s exacting regime, the propensity of this cuvée to age is astonishing, and the best vintages keep on escalating every time I come back to them. With a bright, medium straw hue, this is a thrilling blanc de blancs that sings with the finesse of the house in exacting purity and drive to contrast grand cru concentration. It delicately sets beautiful yellow peach and lemon fruit against a dizzying shard of pure acidity. The finish surges onward amid powerful, crashing waves of salt minerality that glide long and strong up an endless beach of glistening white purity. (2020-2021)"
JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "Such wonderful transparency and clarity in its nature with lightly cooked apples and chalk. Some white pepper. Full body. Totally integrated fruit and acidity and a long and flavorful finish. Love the brightness. Drink now."
VINOUS WINE MEDIA 91 POINTS - "The 2012 Brut Blanc de Blancs is another attractive Champagne in this trio of 2012s from Pol Roger. Ample and creamy, the 2012 is super-expressive today, with plenty of apricot, brioche, baked apple tart and toasty character. An initial burst of exuberance gives way to greater refinement over time. This is very nicely done."
- Item #: i_379228Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93VINOUS WINE MEDIA 94 POINTS-"The 2012 Brut Nature Rosé is rich, explosive and pulsing with energy. Chef de Caves Jean-Baptiste Lécaillon adds an infusion of 25% cold soaked Pinot Noir into the same base wine as the 2012 Brut Nature, an approach that works beautifully in bringing out the energy and focus that make Champagnes from Cumières so distinctive. Even with all of its power, the 2012 is delicate, airy and full of nuance. This is such a gorgeous wine. I would prefer to drink it on the younger side."
- Item #: i_321840Bottle Size: 750MLWine Enthusiast: 93 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 93 POINTS - " While this vintage wine is still too young, it obviously has potential. The bright, tangy texture, minerality and the pure line of white fruits all point to a future of rich maturity. Wait to drink this wine until 2023."
- Item #: i_377885Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS- The clarity of chalk and white almond is striking. Gentle perfume with some light cherry fruits, peach, grapefruit and lemon citrus. The palate has a piercing burst of lemon and grapefruit flavor on the front and builds into gently biscuity and more savory flavors through the middle. Holds on to bright zesty acidity into the finish. Smooth, resolved and balanced. Really detailed." (10/16)