- Item #: i_374624Bottle Size: 750mlFor the Chauvet, harmony in champagne is not just important, it is elemental. As such, they are regional champions of the art of blending Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, and they take an unabashedly classical approach in the vineyards and in the cellars. Farming their family’s 10 hectares sustainably in five of the Montagne de Reims’s 17 grand crus—Bouzy, Ambonnay, Verzy, Verzenay and Bisseuil— one feels a complex synergy to the final wines where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Long fermentations and extended élevages on the lees help develop complexity and fine aromatics, while also radically reducing the need for sulfur and eschewing the need for malolactic fermentations. In the end, their harmony in both their partnership and practice yields elegant, earthy and aromatic champagnes with a fine, satiny mousse that dances across the palate. That they are also capable of long cellar aging is a fitting legacy for a family who has endured since 1848, and whose family home in Tours-sur-Marne features an immaculately preserved salon, dating to the early 1900's.
- Item #: i_379709Bottle Size: 750MLVINOUS WINE MEDIA 93 POINTS-"Agrapart's NV Brut 7 Crus is simply gorgeous. Rich, creamy and inviting, the 7 Crus hits all the right notes. The 7 Crus doesn't quite have the focus or energy of the top wines here, but it is incredibly delicious, approachable and relatively easy to find. This may very well be the finest release of the 7 Crus I have ever tasted since this cuvée debuted a few years ago. The 7 Crus is 90% Chardonnay and 10% Pinot Noir. This release is equal parts 2015 and 2014. Don't miss it! Dosage is 7 grams per liter. Disgorged: May 2018."
- Item #: i_376462Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 91 -"A sleek and minerally rosé, with hints of graphite and spice lacing the pretty apricot and white cherry fruit flavors as they ride the lively mousse. Racy acidity firms the finish. Disgorged November 2018. Drink now. 4,000 cases made, 1,500 cases imported. (12/19)"
- Item #: i_376185Bottle Size: 750mlJOHN TYSON THE CHAMPAGNE GUIDE 96 POINTS - "Clouet's flagship is a radiant, golden silk-satin ballgown of ravishing complexity and breathtaking grace, a delicate high-heeled balancing act of refreshing poise in the midst of profound concentration. Its richness ventures to Champagne's outer limits of succulent white fruits of all kinds, grilled pineapple, honey and great complexity of brioche, nougat and butter. Celebrating a generous 50% reserve from solera, its rumbling maturity is proclaimed in hints of butterscotch, coffee beans, and smouldering hearth. Just when you fear it is all too much to behold the vibrant energy of its 2002 base wine swoops into a finish defined by well-poised acidity and softly mineral, fine chalk texture. It holds it posture of tall, slender magnificence for minutes without ever dropping its determined gaze."
We have had our sights on the Champagnes of Jean-Francois Clouet for long time since, by all accounts, he is one of the top Pinot Noir specialists in all of Champagne. This limited bottling (yes, you guessed it, just 1911 were produced) is drawn from Jean-Francois’ ten best plots all situated mid-slope in the “golden square” of Bouzy. This is an amazing wine that would have placed near the top of our list if only there had been more available. Australian scribe, Tyson Stelzer, flipped for it, writing: ”Clouet’s flagship is a radiant, golden silk-satin ball gown of ravishing complexity and breathtaking grace, a delicate high-heeled balancing act of refreshing poise in the midst of profound concentration. Its richness ventures to Champagne’s outer limits of succulent white fruits of all kinds, grilled pineapple, honey and great complexity of brioche, nougat and butter. Celebrating a generous 50% reserve from solera, its rumbling maturity is proclaimed in hints of butterscotch, coffee beans, and smoldering hearth. Just when you fear it is all too much to behold the vibrant energy of its 2002 base wine swoops into a finish defined by well-poised acidity and softly mineral, fine chalk texture. It holds its posture of tall, slender magnificence for minutes without ever dropping its determined gaze. 96 Points.”
- Item #: i_376767Bottle Size: 750mlA hands down staff favorite, as well as being our best-selling Rose Champagne under fifty dollars. Australian Champagne scribe Tyson Stelzer is a huge fan as well, writing: "[This] is a rose that epitomizes elegance and focus, in the midst of generous red fruits that characterize Bouzy and Ambonnay. This cuvee encapsulates the wonderful talent of Pinot Noir to build and rise on the finish, opening to wonderful characters of perfumed rose hips, pink pepper and pomegranate. An undercurrent of fine, chalk mineral texture, accurate line and persevering length define a pristine and enticingly priced rose."
- Item #: i_378247Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS-"A smooth, gently round and nicely balanced Champagne dominant in pinot meunier, pinot noir and chardonnay to boot. It has attractive lemon citrus flavors and is really punchy, refined and gently nutty. A smooth, pastry-like texture comes to the fore on the finish. Drink now."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The NV Brut Premier Cru is a gorgeous wine, and a great introduction to the house style. Lemon, white flowers, mint, crushed rocks are some of the many notes that take shape in the glass as this refined Champagne shows off its impeccable class and total pedigree. The Premier Cru is 45% Pinot Meunier, 25% Pinot Noir, 25% Chardonnay and 5% Arbanne, Petit Meslier and Fromenteau. The high percentage of red grapes is felt in the wine’s breadth, while the aromas and flavors remain fresh, vibrant and beautifully nuanced throughout. This is a fabulous entry-level offering."
- Item #: i_321859Bottle Size: 750mlRosé Majeur is the perfect embodiment of the originality and finesse of the House’s wines. Made predominantly from Chardonnay, it is crafted with the addition of a small proportion of still Pinot Noir from the best crus of the Montagne de Reims. A low dosage enables it to express the House style, both feminine and generous, with great elegance. The very high proportion of Chardonnay and the aging process result in a Champagne with remarkable finesse. Brut Rosé Majeur shines with freshness on the palate, offering immediate pleasure and well-balanced flavors.
- Item #: i_325801Bottle Size: 750mlThis exquisitely crafted champagne is derived from a mix of 50% Pinot Noir and 50% Chardonnay, perfectly balanced to create a Rose champagne that is one to be consumed when celebrating a special occasion. Light crisp taste, which is fresh and fruity, with the color of delicate rose petals.
The copper casing of both the Brut and the Rose were inspired by the suit of armor worn by the knights of the palace. They are crafted from 100% second generation scrap copper and each bottle is recycled after consumption. So why the copper in the first place? Believe it or not, it’s not just bling it actually helps save energy and keeps the temperature of the wine stabilized while it’s being consumed without the use of an ice bucket.
- Item #: i_325730Bottle Size: 750mlChampagne Bertrand Senecourt is an Epernay Champagne house that sometimes makes special cuvees, such as Beau Joie Special Cuvee Brut. The Champagne is 60% Pinot Noir and 40% Chardonnay naturally derived from the finest grapes of Epernay, France. A unique, zero-dosage Champagne with none of the added sugars common in other Champagnes. Because of the lack of added sugars, "Beau" pairs well with all foods and desserts. It is bottled in a distinctive 100% copper wrapper that Bertrand Senecourt says is inspired by the suits of armor worn by medieval knights. The copper “suit of armor” keeps the Champagne colder for longer periods, and the copper wrapper is made from recycled copper. Bertrand Senecourt is also the maker of the prestigious Charles Ellner Champagnes.
- Item #: i_305600Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "A gorgeous rosé Champagne with sliced strawberries, orange peel and hints of cream and pie crust. Medium body, tight and integrated tannins and a long and flavorful finish. Tangy acidity. The texture shows a fine bead and lightness. Long and intense. Drink now."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS "Lacy in texture, with sleek acidity, this well-knit rosé Champagne offers delicate notes of blood orange glacé, pickled ginger and oyster shell, revealing a rich hint of grilled nut. The firm, almost crunchy finish is nicely spiced and lingering. Drink now through 2023."
- Item #: i_325358Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93JOHN GILMAN 92 POINTS-"The new  release of Bollinger’s non-vintage Brut Rosé (at least I assume this is a new cuvée, but there is no date of disgorgement on the back label) has the same cépages as last year: sixty-two percent pinot noir, twenty-four percent chardonnay and fourteen percent pinot meunier with five percent of the reds still wines. The wine is a lovely salmon color and was finished with a dosage of seven grams per liter. The bouquet is deep and classy, delivering scents of white 70 cherries, rye bread, blood orange, a complex base of soil tones, gentle smokiness and a spicy topnote redolent of clove and cinnamon stick. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied and impressively light on its feet, with a lovely core, elegant mousse, impeccable balance and a long, crisp and focused finish. This is really a classy non-vintage Brut Rosé. 2016-2030+."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 - "This refined rosé shows verve, offering finely meshed flavors of dried black cherry and pomegranate fruit, with notes of almond skin, gingerbread, honey and candied orange zest. A vein of smoky minerality gains momentum on the lasting finish. Drink now through 2020. 2,000 cases imported."
- Item #: i_305850Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Very elegant and refined in texture, with fresh, focused acidity finding fine integration with the layered notes of patisserie apple, black currant, smoky mineral and biscuit, complimented by hints of lemon zest and honey. Lingering finish. Drink now through 2020. Tasted twice, with consistent notes. 5,000 cases imported.”
We are excited about this offering because we love nothing more than offering killer deals on great wines. While not as flashy or fashionable as some of its Grandes Marques brethren, Bollinger nevertheless possesses a legion of savvy devotees that is surpassed only by that of Krug’s. As with Krug’s Grand Cuvee, Bollinger’s reputation is anchored by their consistently splendid multi-vintage Brut Special. This is a particularly nice rendition and it is further notable because it is the first release of Special Cuvee packaged in a swanky new bottle patterned after one the company used in the 1840s. Disgorged this past summer, 45% of the blend is from 2008, while 50% is from 2007, with the rest being composed of older vintages aged in magnum.
Jacques Bollinger and Paul-Joseph Renaudin founded Bollinger in 1829. However, it was really the widow (yes, another dynamic Champagne widow) Lilly Bollinger, who guided the firm from 1941 to 1971, that is most responsible for the lofty reputation that the firm enjoys today. By all accounts this grande dame was an indefatigable and astute leader that left no stone unturned in the pursuit of bolstering the excellence of her Champagnes. Ghislain de Montgolfier, a great great grandson of Jacques Bollinger, took charge of the house from 1994 to 2008. Today, Jérôme Philipon is managing director, while Mathieu Kauffmann , who has been with the house since 2001, is Bollinger’s brilliant chef de cave. Bollinger’s 395 acres of vines provide for roughly two-thirds of the house’s needs, which permits greater control over style and quality.
- Item #: i_379451Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 90Bruno Gobillard Brut Rose Sophie base is a blend of 50% Pinot Noir, 30% Chardonnay and 20% Pinot Meunier topped with 15% still red wine. Pale and very delicate, it shows fresh Queen Anne cherry character backed by wonderful acidity due to the absence of malolactice fermentation.
WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "A lively version, with bright, well-knit acidity and a lacy texture. This offers subtle notes of ripe cherry and strawberry fruit, gingersnap and red licorice. Citrusy finish."
- Item #: i_379227Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Bruno Gobillard is in Pierry, near Epernay. The estate was created in 1994 when Bruno Gobillard, then a 28-year-old from a long-established Champagne producing family, decided to strike out on his own. Bruno Gobillard has 17 acres of vineyards located in the communes of Moussy, Pierry, Epernay, Cramant, Chatilllonsur-Marne and La Chapelle Montaudon. The vines are an average of 30 years old. The Gobillard family has been growing grapes and making Champagne in the region since the mid-19th century.
- Item #: i_376905Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90Camille Savès is a still under the radar family run Champagne house in the village of Bouzy making small quantities of fine artisanally crafted Champagne. All fruit is sourced from the family's own 25 acres of vineyards, which include Grand Cru parcels in the Grand Crus of Bouzy, Ambonnay and Tours-sur-Marne. The vines are tended according to the principles of lutte raisonée and have an average age of nearly forty years. A blend of 60% Chardonnay, and 40% Pinot Noir 12% of which is Bouzy Rouge. All the vineyard parcels for this rose are located in Bouzy and are south-facing. The base vintage is 2012 blended with 20% reserve wine. After some three years of aging on the lees this bottle was disgorged in November of 2016 with a dosage of 9 g/l. There is a delightful, delicate red berry aroma on the nose and while amply textured, harmonious palate delivers a delectable panoply of red fruits toned by ample acids and chalk inflections.
- Item #: i_377206Bottle Size: 750mlFashioned from 45% Pinot Noir, 30% Chardonnay and 25% Pinot Meunier, this Brut Rose charms with an enticing nose of red currants, strawberries and lemon curd. The fresh red fruits spill over to the dry yet creammy palate. Here then is a well intergrated and balanced Rose that is a real pleasure to drink and a real bargain to boot.
- Item #: i_313630Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS-"This vibrant version shows a range of toasted brioche, baked cherry, crystalized honey, grated ginger and coconut flavors, remaining light-footed and lively throughout. Beautifully balanced, with a lasting, mouthwatering finish. Disgorged 2014. Drink now through 2020. 5,000 cases imported. (10/16)."
PETER LEIM 2 STARS-"Beginning with this release, chef de cave Thierry Roset has reduced the number of crus that are included in this wine, although the general composition remains the same: one-third of each variety, with about 40 percent of the blend composed of reserve wines that average about ten years of age. As usual, it's generous in aroma, showing a waxy, burnished richness and an unusual complexity and depth for a non-vintage brut. At the same time, it feels lively and vibrant thanks to its fresh acidity, along with a pervasive chalkiness that saturates the wine from start to finish. This is already one of the finest NVs on the market, and if anything, it's only getting better with each new release."
- Item #: i_325598Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "A fleshy, acidulous cuvees which suggests the liveliness of pomelo or morello cherry, mingled with the irresistible aroma of freshly picked wild strawberries. the aromatic finess evokes, like a cherry or almond ree in bloom, a natural, sophisticated elegance. A delicate, structured wine, with aromas of homemade red fruit jams, warmed by hints of pepper and cinnamon. This elegant, seamless Champagne is supple in texture, expressing toast, coffee, spice and dried berry aromas and flavors that pick up a hint of vanilla as well. Offers lovely harmony and a long aftertaste. Drink now through 2013."
- Item #: i_325419Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93JOHN GILMAN 92 POINTS-"The new release of Alexandre Chartogne’s Brut Rosé is a blend of sixty percent Chardonnay and forty percent Pinot Noir and is a lovely, pale salmon color. The wine is young on both the nose and palate, but shows excellent promise. The bouquet is a primary constellation of strawberries, tangerine, chalky soil tones, gentle smokiness, rye bread, orange peel, hints of the spices to come with bottle age and dried flowers in the upper register. On the palate the wine is pure, full-bodied and deep in the mid-palate, with frothy mousse, crisp acids, excellent focus and grip, nascent complexity and a very long, soil-driven finish of impressive bounce and structural integrity. Like the current release of the Cuvée Sainte Anne, this lovely Rosé really deserves some time in the cellar to develop its secondary layers of complexity and really blossom. Not surprisingly, this is a very serious example that is long on terroir and short on pretension."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "A crowd-pleasing rosé, this offers finely tuned, mouthwatering acidity paired with fruit-forward flavors of candied cherry and black currant, macerated plum, pastry dough and spiced nut. Displays lovely texture and a lingering finish. Drink now through 2020. 185 cases imported."
- Item #: i_374657Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 92JOHN GILMAN 92+ POINTS-"Alexandre Chartogne’s Sainte Anne bottling hails from several different lieux à dits in Merfy and is fermented in stainless steel tanks, with indigenous yeasts and the current release is comprised of a fifty-fifty blend of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. The current release is excellent, offering the tactile seriousness on the palate that is the calling card of all of Alexandre’s wines that I have had a pleasure to taste so far, along with superb, racy structure and impressive nascent complexity. The bouquet is a blend of apple, white peach, complex minerality, gentle brioche, white flowers and a bit of high-end smokiness. On the palate the wine is full-bodied, young and beautifully focused, with a rock solid core, great cut and grip, very refined mousse and outstanding length and grip on the primary finish. This is still very early days for this superb wine, so tuck it away in the cellar for at least a couple of years and let it blossom. Fine, fine juice."
- Item #: i_375422Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90James Suckling: 92WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS-"Delicate notes of kumquat, dried apricot and cardamom are underscored by hints of chalk and smoke in this crisp Champagne, with a fine, creamy mousse. Elegant. Drink now through 2023. 20,000 cases made, 650 cases imported. — AN
JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "The nose here is super chalky, showing dried white flowers, sweetly fragrant yeast elements, lemon rind and a little pepper - very pure. The palate has a refined core of quite dry lemon citrus flavor; crunchy, crisp and even, pure and uncluttered. Drink now."
- Item #: i_324220Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "The NV Brut Classic is a very pretty, fresh wine with notes of flowers, pears, minerals and mint. Deutz has produced a lovely, focused Champagne loaded with class, personality and brilliance. The Brut Classic is approximately 38% Pinot Noir, 32% Pinot Meunier and 30% Chardonnay, with the addition of 20-40% reserve wines."