- Item #: i_351388Bottle Size: 1.5LWINE ADVOCATE 94 - 96 POINTS - "The 2016 Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Lavaux Saint-Jacques was affected by 50% to 60% because of the frost, with 20% whole bunch and 70% new oak. It has a very crystalline bouquet with perfumed dark berry fruit, crushed stone and hints of violet that just deliver stupendous precision. The palate is medium-bodied with a velvety smooth entry and great depth, with the new oak nicely integrated, although maybe I might have chucked a few more stems in the vat on the finish? Still, this has great potential, a magnificent Lavaux Saint-Jacques that will dazzle for many years to come."
BURGHOUND 91 - 93 POINTS - "An ultra-floral and highly restrained nose offers up aromas of airy and cool essence of red currant, freshly turned earth, humus and forest floor scents. The intense, powerful and muscular broad-shouldered flavors possess fine mid-palate concentration thanks to the abundant level of dry extract that buffers the firm tannic spine on the austere and serious finish. In sum this is a classically styled LSJ."
- Item #: i_350604Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93-95Burghound: 91-93ROBERT PARKER 93-95 POINTS: "The 2016 Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Les Champeaux was not affected by frost and yielded a good quantity to the surprise of Arnaud Mortet —30 hectoliters per hectare. Matured with 50% whole bunch and up to 70% new oak, it has a generous, almost peppermint-tinged bouquet with great vigor and vivacity. The palate is medium-bodied with ripe tannin, good weight and plenty of blood orange-tinged black fruit. It is slightly attenuated right on the finish but this should flesh out once in bottle. This is how to make a great Les Champeaux."
- Item #: i_350882Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "From a cooler terroir of sandy soils just beside the domaine, the 2016 Gigondas Le Lieu Dit is another tour de force from this brilliant estate. It sports a medium ruby color as well as a rocking bouquet of kirsch, blackberry liqueur, rose petals, damp earth, incense, and spice. Ultra-fine, seamless, elegant, and pure, it's nevertheless powerful and rich, with awesome intensity. Readers need to snatch up this blockbuster."
- Item #: i_350964Bottle Size: 750mlThis Premier Cru Volnay competes with the greats. Dense, deep, and wildly expressive, “Santenots-du-Milieu” is a towering achievement from one of Burgundy’s top organic and biodynamic producers: Dominique Lafon. This man spearheaded the movement toward organics in Burgundy and is widely celebrated for crafting singularly pure, terroir-defining wines—wines that are at once “natural” but also sublimely clean and precise in every way. “Santenots-du-Milieu” is ground zero for classic Pinot Noir.
- Item #: i_333551Bottle Size: 750MLVINOUS 95 POINTS: "Vivid ruby. An exotically perfumed bouquet evokes ripe red and pit fruits, potpourri and garrigue, and an exotic spice note emerges in the glass. Stains the palate with sweet raspberry, cherry and lavender pastille flavors that steadily put on weight with air. Conveys a suave blend of power and finesse and finishes extremely long and floral, with fine-grained tannins lending discreet grip."
- Item #: i_352800Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 91 - 93 POINTS - "Just a step behind the Reserve Black Label bottling, Domaine du Terme's 2016 Gigondas was also still yet to be bottled in June. It's 80% Grenache and 20% Syrah, with aromas of raspberries, garrigue and peppery spice. Full-bodied and open-knit, it's more approachable than the Reserve. Drink it young for the rich fruit and enjoy the ride while waiting for the Reserve to come around."
- Item #: i_300063Bottle Size: 750MLPale plus dark red with clear purple rim. The nose is warm and beginning to show an attractive complexity characterized by understated red fruits and spice along with leather and tertiary notes. The palate is composed and lighter weight, again exhibiting a measure of bottle development in an appealing mix of red cherry and spice notes. There is a fine, balanced structure. This is an elegant, not heavyweight style expressing Cinsault and Grenache in particular, with the emphasis on finesse rather than power.
- Item #: i_351888Bottle Size: 750mlThis small but outstanding domaine was created in 1840 by the great-grandfather of Régis Forey, the current proprietaire.The Forey domaine now exploits about 10 hectares of vineyards; 5 as proprietaire and 5 through the systems of fermage and metayage. The primary family holdings are in Nuits Saint Georges, Vosne-Romanée and Flagey-Echezeaux. With the recent additions, the domaine extends its reach into the villages of Vougeot and Morey Saint Denis, as well.
- Item #: i_351884Bottle Size: 750mlThis small but outstanding domaine was created in 1840 by the great-grandfather of Régis Forey, the current proprietaire. This village wine is from three parcels of about one hectare total size that are planted to vines of more than sixty years of age. The two primary parcels are in “Plantes Aux Barons” (.40 hectare) and “Charbonnieres” (.60 hectare), both of which are in Prémeaux on its northern border with Nuits. These low-yielding old vines produce a concentrated and classic Nuits.
- Item #: i_351992Bottle Size: 750mlThe vines are cultivated using non-certified organic methods
By ageing with just 20% in new barrels, and the rest in barrels that have held one, two or three wines, we preserve the unique character of the terroir. This is a Premier Cru with a nose of mimosa honey, Turkish Delight, followed by flowers, carnation-lilac-violet, bergamot-nutmeg spice… a mouthfeel of poached white fruits, grilled hazelnuts, white chocolate, sappy, sensual, an intense finish, long in the mouth.
- Item #: i_351271Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 91 - 94 POINTS - "An admirably subtle application of wood frames the overtly spicy aromas of plum, cassis, black cherry, sandalwood and Asian-style tea wisps. The textured, concentrated and impressively powerful medium-bodied flavors possess fine volume thanks to the copious amount of sappy dry extract that imparts a velvety mouthfeel to the delicious finish that tightens up quickly on the moderately austere and highly persistent finish."
- Item #: i_351267Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound -"A pretty and ultra-fresh nose flashes notes of black cherry, violet and a pretty array of spice elements. Not surprisingly the mouthfeel of the medium-bodied flavors is notably more refined with both good energy and detail that continues onto the youthfully austere and solidly lingering finish that is firm and well-balanced. A good quality Vosne villages."
- Item #: i_350578Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Green plum and verbena notes lead the way for now, with a flash of quinine on the finish. This is juicy, but still a bit compact overall, with the core of ample pear, quince and ginger flavors in reserve. Just wait for everything to knit together and stretch out, as the purity and length are there. Best from 2018 through 2028."
- Item #: i_351282Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Aromas of lime zest, Anjour pear, oatmeal and dried white flowers introduce the 2016 Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Les Ménétrières, a full-bodied, ample and satiny wine, with lovely mid-palate depth and dimension, concluding with a long, penetrating finish. The alliance of elegance with concentration and volume marks this out as potentially the finest of Ferret's 2016s, though the Tournant de Pouilly may give it a run for its money."
- Item #: i_351283Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 93 PointsDecanter: 93 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2016 Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Tournant de Pouilly is one of the more reserved wines in the portfolio, unfurling reluctantly in the glass with notes of ripe lemons, yellow orchard fruit and pastry cream. On the palate, it's full-bodied, deep and dense, with considerable concentration and substance, balanced by the bright acids that this domaine seems so unfailingly to capture. This has considerable aging potential and will demand two or three years' patience."
DECANTER 93 POINTS - "This cuvée hails from one hectare of old vines in an east-facing climat near the hamlet of Pouilly. A sweet bouquet of confit citrus, yellow orchard fruit, fresh almonds and orange zest is followed by a full-bodied, vibrant palate with an almost electric sense of energy, lovely depth at the core, and a long, pure finish. This is beautifully bright, yet also clearly the product of ripe grapes."
BURGHOUND 91 POINTS - "A pungent combination offers up strong notes of petrol where additional breadth is present in the form of essence of white orchard fruit and oak toast. The mouth feel of the equally sized flavors is slightly more refined yet there is fine concentration and punch on the bitter lemon-inflected finish. This needs a few years to better harmonize and to develop better depth but the underlying material appears to be present such that it should progressively improve."
- Item #: i_351571Bottle Size: 750mlSince the Middle Ages, Fronton, just north of Toulouse, has been the home of the Negrette grape variety, which is nearly exclusive to the area. The region encompasses 2,300 hectares of vines dominated by dry heat and rocky soils and the landscape is marked by hills and valleys, ranging from 300 to 600 ft above sea level. The banks of the Tarn and Garonne rivers have particularly poor gravel soils. Vines grown in this area are forced to struggle and dig deeper for nutrients to establish a stronger root system. This gives the grapes very distinct flavors and they are commonly characterized as having notes of violets and licorice.
- Item #: i_351264Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 92 POINTS - "Enough reduction is present to push the underlying fruit to the background. Otherwise there is a similar sense of energy to the slightly rounder and softer medium-bodied flavors that aren't quite as mineral-driven or complex but do offer fine persistence on the balanced finish. This should be approachable young if desired. This should be approachable young if desired."