- Item #: i_322098Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Burghound: 91Vinous Media: 94 PointsDecanter: 94 PointsDECANTER 94 POINTS: "This old-vine 0.72ha parcel touches the Clos St-Jean at the northern end of the village, and is one of the fresher, pithier wines in the domaine's range in 2017. It has good weight and concentration but also plenty of acidity, framed by aromatic oak."
- Item #: i_352501Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94WINE ADVOCATE 92-94 POINTS: "The 2017 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Perrières is very promising indeed, offering up a youthfully reticent bouquet of crushed rocks, ripe citrus oil and white flowers. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, deep and satiny, with lovely purity, a taut, tensile core and a long, precise finish. To my palate, this is the finest Perrières that François Carillon has produced to date."
- Item #: i_351767Bottle Size: 750mlThe palate is immediately vibrant, opening into an expressive, powerful mid-palate, rather flamboyantly fruited but underscored by a fine tensile minerality. Very good..
- Item #: i_325478Bottle Size: 750mlCertified biodynamic (BIODYVIN)
Vin Cent for Vincent Deseaubeau, (a.k.a. Mr. Bubbles) and Vin Cent Bulle because it sounds like Vin Sans Bulles or vine without bubbles. The first release was the 2011 vintage which was made from 100% Pinot Meunier pressed directly and aged for 22 months in enameled tank and French oak barrels. Successive vintages resemble more closely the estate’s vins clairs with small portions of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir making it into the final blend.
- Item #: i_374305Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90Wine Spectator: 91Drawn from Chardonnay vines that are nearly 50 years old, located on a steep, well-drained slope in Villers-Marmery, close to the Verzy border. It was vinified entirely in barrel, and it's highly reflective of the 2009 in its ample body and vinous orchard fruit and citrus flavors.
- Item #: i_352987Bottle Size: 750mlBIODYNAMIC
NEAL MARTIN, VINOUS 91 POINTS - ""The 2015 Bourgogne-Côtes d'Auxerre Gueule de Loup has an engaging, complex bouquet of dried honey, pine cones and a touch of orange peel and black currant leaf. The palate is very well balanced, with a fine bead of acidity, and the finish conveys a simmering tension. Discreet stem ginger and white pepper notes are sprinkled liberally on the aftertaste. Superb."
- Item #: i_353236Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine is complete with all of the bells and whistles this premier cru vineyard could ever offer. Its aromas and flavors of ripe fruit, cloves, and citrus peel should provide a great pairing mate with a classic Coq au Vin.
- Item #: i_367999Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93Burghound: 90The cellars of Champagne Guy Larmandier are located in the village of Vertus at the southern base of the Cote des Blancs. This estate owns 9 hectares of vineyards, all located within the Cote des Blancs and distributed amongst the Grand Cru rated villages of Chouilly and Cramant and the 1er Cru rated vineyards of Vertus and Cuis.
Harvest is conducted manually, the Champagnes are aged a minimum of 36 months on the lees and the Champagnes destined for the US market are disgorged on order and receive a minimal dosage so as to emphasize the purity and finesse of this special terroir.
- Item #: i_375687Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90A very light straw yellow color with lots of bubbles. The nose has light fresh bread, green apple, and a hint of orange. weet and succulent on the palate. Juicy apple. Creamy and warm. As it warms, it has an orange citrus feeling on the midrange. This stuff rocks.
- Item #: i_351298Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 92 POINTS- OUTSTANDING!: "Here the nose is aromatically quite similar to that of the Morgeot with perhaps a bit more floral influence. The caressing, vibrant and succulent medium weight flavors possess an attractive mouth feel while the lingering and much more complex finale is shaped by citrus-tinged acidity. While the Morgeot is perfectly good, it's clear that there is another dimension present."
- Item #: i_352936Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 92-94BURGHOUND 94 POINTS - "There is a whiff of natural exoticism to the strikingly elegant, wafting and overtly floral and spiced tea aromas of mostly white orchard fruit. The cool, precise and restrained flavors possess a wonderfully refined mouth feel while displaying an abundance of minerality on the bitter lemon-inflected, balanced and sneaky long finish. This stunningly good effort is an exerciaromas of mostly white orchard fruit. The cool, precise and restrained flavors possess a wonderfully refined mouth feel while displaying an abundance of minerality on the bitter lemon-inflected, balanced and sneaky long finish. This stunningly good effort is an exercise is refinement and class."se is refinement and class."
VINOUS 93 - 95 POINTS - "(Boillot described his vines in Genevrières du Haut as "two rows away from Perrières "): Pale, green-tinged yellow. Delicate nose hints at lime zest and white flowers. Wonderfully silky and energetic on the palate but also sharply delineated and tighter today than the Charmes. Discreet citrus fruit and hazelnut flavors deliver noteworthy complexity. Finishes gripping and very long, with serious salty energy. The crop level here was just 35 hectoliters per hectare, according to Boillot."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 - 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Meursault 1er Cru Genevrières is another of the many highlights in this superlative portfolio, unfurling in the glass with aromas of green apple, citrus oil, spring blossom and oatmeal. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, layered and complete, with impressive concentration and depth at the core, ripe but vibrant acids and a stony, precise finish."
- Item #: i_352169Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 91 - 93 POINTS - "Boillot's 2017 Meursault 1er Cru Les Poruzots reveals attractive aromas of ripe green apple, Meyer lemon, white flowers and almond paste. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, deep and layered and pure, with more concentration, cut and structure than the Charmes this year."
- Item #: i_352610Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS: "The most youthfully reserved wine in the cellar was the 2018 Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru, a promising bottling that opens up to reveal scents of citrus zest, dried white flowers, green apple and pastry cream. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, layered and multidimensional, with racy acids and prodigious levels of searingly chalky dry extract that lend this wine incredible structure."
- Item #: i_352167Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Boillot's emblematic 2018 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos de la Mouchère has turned out brilliantly, wafting from the glass with aromas of pear, hazelnut, dried white flowers, citrus oil, blanched almonds and smoke. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, deep and multidimensional, with terrific concentration, searing levels of extract and a long, mineral finish."
- Item #: i_352171Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Aromas of citrus oil, white flowers, blanched almonds and crushed chalk preface the 2018 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Perrières, a medium to full-bodied, racy and incisive wine that's chalky and tensile, with lively acids and a saline finish. This has turned out very well indeed."
- Item #: i_350403Bottle Size: 750mlDECANTER MAGAZINE 92 POINTS: "This reveals a complex bouquet of poached pear, citrus zest, juicy apple and white flowers, leading into a glossy palate underpinned by lovely minerality and acidity. Delicious stuff."
- Item #: i_379004Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS-"Disgorged in June 2017, Vergnon's 2010 Extra Brut Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru Expression is showing brilliantly, unwinding in the glass with aromas of dried white flowers, honeycomb, candied peel, yellow orchard fruit and praline. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied and vinous but precise, with racy acids, chalky structuring extract and a long, beautifully defined finish. This is one of the finest wines I've tasted from Vergnon to date."
- Item #: i_378210Bottle Size: 750mlJAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS-"A crisp, taut and dry blanc de blancs that has an array of lemons and hazelnuts on the nose and a subtly nutty edge to the grapefruit and lemon peel flavors. Nice and fresh. Drink now." (09/18)
- Item #: i_321804Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 100% Chardonnay from the long, cool 2013 growing season. This cuvee includes 4 Grands and Premiers crus in the Côte des Blancs and the Montagne de Reims and 2 Grands and Premiers crus in the Marne Valley. This luxuriant bubbly was given: 5 years' cellar maturation and finished with a lowish dosage of 6 g/l. WINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS-"A blend of Grand Cru fruit, this well-structured wine is rich while also tense, mineral and with further aging potential. Citrus acidity is allied to crisp apples to produce the fruity side of this well-balanced wine. It will be better from 2020."
- Item #: i_351512Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Aromas of cassis, dark plums, baking chocolate and rosehip introduce the 2016 Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru Clos de la Maréchale, a full-bodied, rich and layered wine with a broad-shouldered chassis of fine, stony tannins that are entirely enveloped in fleshy, gourmand fruit. This vintage is atypically rich and concentrated, so it's hard to predict if and when it will shut down."
VINOUS 93 POINTS - "(just over 14% alcohol; 40% of the crop was lost to frost): Bright red-ruby; the darkest of these 2016s. Also the fruitiest on the nose, with black cherry and dark raspberry aromas complemented by smoky minerality. Powerful, rich and chewy, showing good inner-mouth energy and savory complexity to its dense flavors of black cherry, dark chocolate and menthol. Finishes fresh, sweet and long, with tongue-saturating tannins that are more obvious than those of Mugnier's '16s from Chambolle-Musigny but essentially smooth. This wine reminded me of a 2015 in style, although today all of Mugnier's 2016s share some of the earlier vintage's full ripeness and volume."
BURGHOUND 92 POINTS - "This is appealingly super-fresh with its cool array of red currant, plum, earth and soft wisps of violet and lavender. The supple, round and utterly delicious medium-bodied flavors possess a really lovely mouthfeel thanks to the relatively fine-grained tannins that also shape the punchy, dusty and serious finale. I like the sense of harmony and this notably complex effort should be easily capable of rewarding 10 to 12 years of cellaring and holding for much longer."