- Item #: i_353143Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2018 Domaine de Terrebrune Bandol Blanc opens with subtle aromas of white flowers and exotic fruits. Fresh and tender palate. Minerality coated with a beautiful material. Long and persistent finish. This wine marries well with fish in various preparations and cheeses such as Beaufort, Comté, and Goat.
- Item #: i_350882Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "From a cooler terroir of sandy soils just beside the domaine, the 2016 Gigondas Le Lieu Dit is another tour de force from this brilliant estate. It sports a medium ruby color as well as a rocking bouquet of kirsch, blackberry liqueur, rose petals, damp earth, incense, and spice. Ultra-fine, seamless, elegant, and pure, it's nevertheless powerful and rich, with awesome intensity. Readers need to snatch up this blockbuster."
- Item #: i_350090Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS 94 POINTS - "Brilliant ruby-red. Vibrant, sharply focused red fruit, floral, garrigue and exotic spice qualities on the highly expressive nose. Intense raspberry, bitter cherry, succulent herbs and candied lavender flavors show superb delineation and no excess weight. Finishes with impressive persistence, sneaky tannins and resonating floral and spice notes. This graceful wine should age effortlessly on its balance."
- Item #: i_333551Bottle Size: 750MLVINOUS 95 POINTS: "Vivid ruby. An exotically perfumed bouquet evokes ripe red and pit fruits, potpourri and garrigue, and an exotic spice note emerges in the glass. Stains the palate with sweet raspberry, cherry and lavender pastille flavors that steadily put on weight with air. Conveys a suave blend of power and finesse and finishes extremely long and floral, with fine-grained tannins lending discreet grip."
- Item #: i_345439Bottle Size: 750ML"The Rose at Gour de Chaule is made from the direct press method. The juice is quickly drawn off the skins (6 to 9 hours of contact), then fermented. A cold stabilization follows. The wine does not undergo malolactic fermentation and is bottled in the early spring of the year following harvest. The Rose is composed of Cinsault (50%), Grenache, and Mourvedre. This is a brilliantly colored wine with hues of pink and rose accompanied by flavors and a bouquet dominated by the impression of freshly crushed strawberries. Again, a limited amount of this wine is produced annually, only enough for us to have 1200 bottles per year for the US market." MADROSE.COM
- Item #: i_351422Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95+Wine Spectator: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS - "Reminding me of a fresher version of the 2003, the 2016 Chateauneuf Du Pape Cuvée Reservée is another magical wine from Laurence Feraud that could come from nowhere else. I still remember tasting (and loving) this beauty from barrel. It doesn’t quite have the sheer over-the-top decadence of the 2003, but it does have more elegance, while not giving up an inch with regard to texture and opulence. Dark ruby/plum-hued with a monster display of Provençal goodness in its garrigue, lavender, violets, kirsch, plums, and Asian spices, this full-throttle, ripe, sexy Châteauneuf du Pape has silky tannins, flawless balance, and a heavenly texture. It’s going to benefit from 2-4 years of bottle age and drink well for at least 20-25 years. (8/2018)
WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "A singed chestnut accent leads off here, followed by a sappy core of steeped cherry, raspberry and plum fruit, infused liberally with tobacco, brick dust and garrigue notes. Reveals a brawny edge, but there’s ample fruit in the end. A rock-solid old-school style that should cruise in the cellar. (JM) (5/2019)
WINE ADVOCATE 95+ POINTS - " Every year that I've tried the 2016 Châteauneuf du Pape Cuvée Réservée, I've liked it better than the year before, so I've gone ahead and peremptorily added the + sign to this year's rating. Black cherries and licorice pick up a hint of chocolate in this full-bodied, rich, velvety wine that should evolve nicely for at least 12-15 years. (JC) 95+
- Item #: i_352800Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 91 - 93 POINTS - "Just a step behind the Reserve Black Label bottling, Domaine du Terme's 2016 Gigondas was also still yet to be bottled in June. It's 80% Grenache and 20% Syrah, with aromas of raspberries, garrigue and peppery spice. Full-bodied and open-knit, it's more approachable than the Reserve. Drink it young for the rich fruit and enjoy the ride while waiting for the Reserve to come around."
- Item #: i_353151Bottle Size: 750mlOrganic
Evokes the unique character of the terroir, harnessing the power of old syrah vines and the freshness of the soil where old roman coins are still found. Delicate aromas of black cherry, violets and black pepper. Syrah 92% Grenache 8%.
- Item #: i_343149Bottle Size: 750mlOrganic
Made from the estate's best syrah and grenache, La Femme Rouge is aged exclusively in clay jars for 15 months. Earthy and complex it is complemented by leather and tobacco accents - an amazing palate ride from start to finish. Best with a marbled filet mignon.
Owner Andre Tremblay has started a very unique project with his first bottling of La Femme Rouge. The 2017 La Femme Rouge is a 50% Grenache/50% Syrah blend dedicated to the spirit of Mary Magdalene and the storied legacy she left behind across Provence. Aged exclusively in clay jars for 15 months – much in the same way wine was produced in Mary Magdalene’s time – La Femme Rouge is a truly special wine that is a tribute to the patroness of vineyards and a treasure to behold for all historians and wine connoisseurs. It will be available this fall at Provençal Collective.
- Item #: i_300063Bottle Size: 750MLPale plus dark red with clear purple rim. The nose is warm and beginning to show an attractive complexity characterized by understated red fruits and spice along with leather and tertiary notes. The palate is composed and lighter weight, again exhibiting a measure of bottle development in an appealing mix of red cherry and spice notes. There is a fine, balanced structure. This is an elegant, not heavyweight style expressing Cinsault and Grenache in particular, with the emphasis on finesse rather than power.
- Item #: i_351257Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93-95`ROBERT PARKER 93-95 POINTS: "VT's 2017 Chateauneuf du Pape Blanc is a blend of 45% Clairette, 30% Grenache Blanc, 15% Roussanne and 10% Bourboulenc, fermented in a mix of foudres, demi-muids and barriques. It's medium to full-bodied but tight, with crisp lime, lemon and pear notes carried on a silky-textured palate. You could drink this on release and enjoy it for its focus and delineation, or you could give the inner richness the time it needs (2-3 years) to emerge and soften the subtle citrus zest notes on the finish."
- Item #: i_350613Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS 94 POINTS: "Pale yellow. Displays ripe citrus and pit fruit scents that are accompanied by subtle honey and floral nuances. Silky and expansive on the palate, offering juicy tangerine, white peach and pear nectar flavors that are supported by an undercurrent of smoky minerality. The long, floral-driven finish shows fine definition and leaves behind twinges of tarragon and lemon balm."
- Item #: i_353134Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Coming in (rating-wise) right where I projected it would last year, Giraud's 2017 Chateauneuf du Pape is a terrific example of a cuvée tradition. At 80% Grenache, 15% Syrah and 5% Mourvèdre, it's a pretty typical blend yet one that exceeds expectations. It's full-bodied, plush and velvety, showing ample ripeness—raspberries, cherries, and stone fruit—without going over the top into cooked fruit. No, it doesn't show that much complexity at this age, but some of that will emerge over the next decade or so."
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "I loved the 2017 Châteauneuf Du Pape, and I’d certainly be happy with a case in the cellar. Offering a pure, elegant, incredibly Grenache-driven profile of sweet black raspberries, incense, violets, and garrigue, it’s medium to full-bodied, ethereal, and elegant on the palate. It’s already hard to resist yet will keep for 10-15 years."
- Item #: i_351807Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 97Jeb Dunnuck: 100 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "The two special cuvées are some of the gems in the vintage. The 2017 Châteauneuf Du Pape Les Gallimardes comes from one of the great sites in the southern part of the appellation and is just about all Grenache (there’s some very old vine Syrah, which struggles in this hot terroir). While not up to the out of this world 2016, it has a beautiful bouquet of cassis, kirsch liqueur, black raspberries, garrigue, and peppery herbs. Deep, full-bodied, and powerful on the palate, it has ultra-fine tannins as well as loads of character. It’s going to drink brilliantly for 15 years or more."
- Item #: i_353055Bottle Size: 750mlCERTIFIED BIODYNAMIC
Domaine Gramenon gives us a red from 45-year-old vines, 75% Grenache and 25% Syrah, grown with biodynamic methods. The clay-sandy soil is rich in sand and pebbles. After a 15-day fermentation in cement tanks on partially de-stemmed bunches. It matures 8 months between barrels and cement. To taste immediately or in the next 6 years.
- Item #: i_324102Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94eROBERT PARKER 92-94 POINTS - "Similar to the classic cuvée, only richer, the 2013 Chateauneuf du Papes Les Petits Pieds d’Armand (100% Grenache from the sandy parts of La Crau) knocks it out of the park with its Bing cherry, kirsch, red licorice and floral aromas and flavors. It’s medium to full-bodied, voluptuous and textured, all while staying nicely focused and elegant. There’s enough sweet tannin here to allow it to evolve gracefully, but the overall feel is one of upfront fruit and texture."
- Item #: i_311338Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Wine Spectator: 92James Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "Much older vines, with close to a 100-year-old average. This has a cherry and pepper edge to it. Very plush and even, elegant and refreshing. The stems are perfectly integrated. Elegant, lithe and profound. Layered and long, builds freshness. Drink now."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Still youthfully tight, with singed alder and dried lavender notes framing a coiled core of cassis, damson plum and bitter cherry fruit. The long sanguine- and mineral-edged finish will need some time to unwind fully. Best from 2019 through 2027."
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - " I preferred the Domaine Les Pallieres 2015 Gigondas Les Racines, which comes from 75-year-old vines (80% Grenache) at lower elevation. There's a sassafras-like spice note to this wine, along with ripe cherries and hints of clove and allspice. Like the Terrasse de Diable, it's full-bodied and silky in texture, but the Racines seems to carry its alcohol better. Both of these Gigondas are matured exclusively in 60-hectoliter foudres, so there's no obvious oak influence.
- Item #: i_352209Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 90 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 90 POINTS - "The 2018 Gigondas Tradition (79% Grenache, 15% Syrah, and 6% Mourvèdre) is a balanced, rich, medium to full-bodied effort that offers classic notes of darker berry fruits, ground pepper, and violets. It’s balanced, has plenty of fruit, yet stays elegant and seamless. Drink it over the coming decade."