- Item #: i_378602Bottle Size: 750mlJacques Defrance is headquartered in Les Riceys a quaint village nestled amidst the rolling hills of the Cotes des Bar half way between Reims and Chablis. Here for over a century four generations of the Defrance family have acquired and cultivated some of the area's best situated plots all the while learning more and more how get the best quality from their terrior. This valued-priced vintage Champagne is 50% Chardonnay and 40% Pinot Noir with a dosage of 8grams/liter. Harmonious and creamy on the palate with pleasing lemon curd, vanilla and ginger snap flavors. It is cast in a crowd pleasing style with excellent balance and good length.
- Item #: i_353460Bottle Size: 750mlDecanter: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Jean-Claude Bessin only makes 5,000 bottles of this old vine cuvée from a lieu-dit within the larger Fourchaume Premier Cru. Combining stainless steel and oaked components, it's rich, concentrated and appealingly honeyed, with subtle wood spices, a thread of minerality and a pure, focused, enticingly balance finish. These are never wines that have to try too hard."
- Item #: i_304505Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94ORGANIC
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2018 Morgon Côte du Py is showing very nicely, offering up a classy bouquet of raspberries and plums, mingled with hints of orange rind, violet and cardamom. Medium to full-bodied, deep and complete, with a fleshy but elegantly understated core and an expansive finish. Impressively integrated—indeed, it was only after spending half an hour with the bottle that I noticed that it's labeled at 14.5% alcohol—with powdery tannins and succulent balancing acids, it's another fine rendition of this iconic cuvée."
- Item #: i_351029Bottle Size: 750mlJean and three other local vignerons, Marcel Lapierre, Jean-Paul Thévenet, and Guy Breton, soon joined in on the movement. This estate comprises nearly fourteen hectares. Foillard’s Morgons are deep, structured, and complex, with a velvety lushness that makes them irresistible when young despite their aging potential.
- Item #: i_377045Bottle Size: 750MLVINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS-"The NV Brut Oeil de Perdrix is floral, resonant and super-expressive, the Oeil de Perdrix has so much to offer. The interplay of aromatic top notes and Bouzy richness makes for a compelling, open-knit Champagne that is an absolutely joy to taste. This is such a gorgeous and totally distinctive Champagne. I would prefer to give it at least a few more months in bottle, as it is a bit tight today, especially on the finish." Disgorged May 2019.
The orange-pink color of this “eye of the partridge” Pinot Noir-based wine historically was the hue of most Champagne made in Bouzy in the nineteenth century. (The wine’s singular hue is like the color of a partridge’s eye.) Pinot Noir grapes are macerated briefly to extract color then pressed. Pink roses, lavender, wild strawberry and pomegranate. Dosage under 6 grams/L.
- Item #: i_377044Bottle Size: 750MLA noble Champagne with the body of a red wine, almost chewy and very complex. A peachy blush in the glass reveals delicate bubbles. Wildflowers and strawberries on the nose; wild cherries wrapped in tender, buttery pie crust. Luscious and elegant.
- Item #: i_378902Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "Pretty strawberry, ripe cherry, lemon curd and pastry notes mix in this firm rosé, offering lip-smacking acidity, with smoke and chalk notes on the finish. Disgorged January 2013. Drink now through 2016."
- Item #: i_305208Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 93JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "The 2016 Dame de Montrose is also gorgeous, and the second wines of Bordeaux continue to gain in quality. A blend of 52% Merlot, 35% Cabernet Sauvignon, and the rest Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, aged in 30% new oak, this beauty has impressive amounts of creme de cassis, graphite, violets, and damp earth that give way to a medium to full-bodied, layered, pure, and seamless beauty that has real class. It’s well worth seeking out and will hopefully help you to keep your hands off the grand vin for at least a few years."
JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "Extremely perfumed and beautiful with bright, violet and plum aromas. Full to medium body, very fine and firm tannins and transparent fruit. Linear and refined with a very long finish. Second wine of Château Montrose."
- Item #: i_376514Bottle Size: 750MLANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS-"The NV (2015) Brut Nature Blanc de Blancs is once again one of the stars in the range, not to mention an absolutely insane value in the world of fine wine. Bright, sculpted and classy to the core, the 2015 dazzles from the very first taste. Citrus, mineral and floral notes abound in this super-expressive, finely-cut Blanc de Blancs. Crystalline and energetic, the Blanc de Blancs has so much to offer. The 2015 is a more than worthy follow up to the stellar 2013. Non-dosé. Disgorged: January 2018."
- Item #: i_321810Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The NV Assemblage Brut Accord Majeur assembles 65% Pinot Meunier, 25% Chardonnay and 10% Pinot Noir and is based on the 2011 vintage, with 20% reserve wines in the solera since 1998. Disgorged in October 2017 with a dosage of five grams per liter, the Accord Majeur offers a clear, elegant and spicy cherry aroma along with some smoky notes. Round and full-bodied, this is a rather smooth cuvée compared to the energetic 2013 Perceval. The finish is pure, fresh and tensioned, with good grip, freshness and persistency."
- Item #: i_321811Bottle Size: 750mlThe perfect apéritif wine, fresh, lifted, chalky, and full of white and yellow orchard fruits. This comes from vines averaging 40 years of age growing along the Côte des Blancs as well as from Monthelon and Mancy, two villages south of Epernay in the Côteaux Sud d’Epernay.
- Item #: i_375012Bottle Size: 750ml50% PN, 20% CH, 30% PM | Base Vintage: 2013 | Ageing: 3 years on the lees | Dosage: 6 g/l Lots of peachy character, aromatic and perfumed. Dosage doesn’t seem 6 g/l, this has quite a lot of richness making it not at all dry. Lovely balance and texture.
- Item #: i_352590Bottle Size: 750mlLanson was one of the first brands to offer Rosé Champagne. In this respect, the House has over 50 years experience. Rosé derives its pink tint from the blending of the 3 classic grape varieties, Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier and Chardonnay. It is produced in the traditional way with a small amount of fine red wine made exclusively from Pinot Noir to give the wine its colour. This Lanson is composed of 50% Pinot Noir, 35% Chardonnay and 15% Meunier, with 7% Bouzy red added for color. Like all of Lanson's Champagnes, this Rose is fermented in stainless steel without malolactic fermenatation. The result is a lively pale pink Champagne that displays subtle berry flavors accented with hints of toast and nougat.
- Item #: i_346005Bottle Size: 750MLJASPER MORRIS-INSIDE BURGUNDY 91 POINTS - "100 year old vines on the Côte du Py for 80%, and 20% from Douby. It will have had 9 months in barrel though without new wood. Bright lively purple with notably more depth. Fresh and fine with more tannins than the other cuvées, though the wood stays completely in the background as far as flavour profile is concerned." (10/2019) This special Cuvée, produced only in the best years, is made from his 100-year old vines, mostly on the Cote de Py. With its waxed capsule and its longer cork, it is clear that Marcel thinks this is something special. And after tasting it, so do we! This has a tremendous sense of place and a texture that is so rich that is more reminiscence of Chambolle than Beaujolais. There are not many Cru Beaujolais that seem to be of true Cote d'Or quality, but this is one! Unmistakably Gamay and Morgon, but what weight and texture. Neal Martin writes: "These wines come highly recommended whether the idea of biodynamics turns you on or not - they are just great wines that are a joy to drink."
- Item #: i_332410Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The NV Brut Rose Premier Cru offers an enticing floral life to its notes of mint, roses, pomegranate and sweet spices. This powerful, mineral-driven wine possesses tons of depth and personality in a vinous style that will blossom to the fullest at the dinner table. The Champagne continues to grow in the glass, suggesting it is still holding much of its potential in reserve. This is another compelling wine from Guy Larmandier. The estate’s Rose is based on the Brut Premier Cru blend, plus about 12% still Pinot from Vertus."
From writer Peter Liem: ""This estate is related to both Larmandier-Bernier, in Vertus, and Pierre Gimonnet, in Cuis, as well as to Waris-Larmandier in Avize. Guy Larmandier's brother, Philippe, was the father of Pierre Larmandier, proprietor of Larmandier-Bernier. Guy's sister, Françoise Larmandier, married Michel Gimonnet, father of Olivier and Didier Gimonnet, who run the estate of Pierre Gimonnet today. Currently the Guy Larmandier estate is in the hands of Guy's son, François. François's sister, Marie-Hélène, is married to Vincent Waris, and together they formed the estate of Waris-Larmandier, although Marie-Hélène divides her time between the two estates. Larmandier's cuvées are separated by terroir: from the vines in Vertus, Larmandier produces a non-vintage brut, packaged in a white label and composed of 90 percent chardonnay and 10 percent pinot noir. This also serves as the base for the brut rosé, made with the addition of red wine from Vertus. "
- Item #: i_378654Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS-"The latest release of Lassaigne's NV Extra Brut Blanc de Blancs Les Vignes de Montgueux is a blend of the 2016, 2015 and 2014 vintages, and is disgorged à la volée without dosage. Offering up a lively bouquet of green apples, freshly baked bread, white peach and pastry cream, it's medium to full-bodied, taut and racy, with a lively spine of acidity, lovely purity and a long, searingly chalky finish. Lassaigne characterizes this as his "apéro" cuvée—modestly, as this makes for a decidedly serious apéritif."
Jacques Lassaigne is a 4.7-hectare family vineyard located in Montgueux. The vineyards boast prime southeastern exposure and consist entirely of Chardonnay. The Montgueux vineyard sites were originally held for the Montrachet of Champagne and are located near the gates of Troyes—the former capital of Champagne. This area is technically part of the Aube department, but is much further north than what people typically think of as the Aube, in the Cote des bars which features wines often primarily made from Pinot Meunier. The terroir in Montgueux is nearly identical to the growing sites found further north in le Mesnil, as they share the same limestone vein —this is exceptional terroir for making great champagne. An intense backbone of acidity is often present in these wines, but since it is located further south than the storied Cotes des blancs, ripening is not as much of an issue. The non-vintage Blanc de Blancs is a blend of nine different vineyard sites & two successive vintages.
- Item #: i_378446Bottle Size: 750mlPascal Leclerc began following biodynamic viticultural principles in 1988. Today noted enoligist Herve Jestin continues the the legacy of this visionary house. Brut Reserve is produced from 40% Pinot Noir, 20% Chardonnay, and 40% Pinot Meunier. Malolactric fermentation is allowed to happen naturally and sulfite levels are kept to a minimum. The base wine spends 9 to 11 months in stainless steel vats with 20% in oak barrels. The wine is bottled unfined and an unfiltered. After the second fermentation the Champagne is aged on the lees for nearly three years. Dosage is a minimal 4 grams per liter.
This displays the depth and fruitiness expected from an unfiltered black grape Champagne complexed with hints of brioche and toasted almonds while the finsh is braced with bright citus tones.
- Item #: i_353021Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92James Suckling: 93Wine Enthusiast: 92WINE ENTHUSIAST 92-94 POINTS - "A fine and spicy wine, the wood toast well integrated with the sweet fruit. Deliciously ripe Merlot vies with the Cabernet tannins to give a dark, complex wine."
JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "This is very ripe with toffee, spice, truffles, and chocolate, as well as ripe-fruit and meat character on the nose and palate. Full body, soft tannins and a flavorful finish. Drink or hold."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "On the toasty, more modern side of the spectrum, with ambitious roasted fig, apple wood and blueberry confiture notes followed by racy graphite, espresso and blackberry pâte de fruit. Not shy, but has the density for balance. *Smart Buys* (JM)
- Item #: i_376844Bottle Size: 750mlThe Nicaise family has been making Champagne for four generations from their 22 acres of vines in the Premier Cru village of Hautvilliers a town famed as the home of Dom Perignon. The quality of this grower-producer really took a major step forward in 2007 when the latest generation, Laure Nicaise-Préaux and her husband Clement Préaux, officially started working at the house to help with the winemaking. Clément apprenticed at Selosse and worked at the Mailly co-op so he came armed with great training and experience. As his father-in-law has slowly yielded more control to him, Clement has lowered the dosages and improved the overall balance in the wines. From the excellent 2012 vintage this Chardonnay dominated (80%) Brut displays an effusive array of bright orchard fruits combined with outstanding precision and length. Drinks like a vintage Grande Marque costing twice its modest price.
- Item #: i_358750Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91JOHN GILMAN 92 POINTS-"The new  release of Louis Roederer “Brut Premier” is composed of its traditional blend of forty percent each of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, with the balance made up of Pinot Meunier. The wine is aged three years sur latte and an additional six months in bottle after disgorgement. The bouquet is truly superb, wafting from the glass in a precise and vibrant blend of apple, gentle notes of tangerine, beautifully complex soil nuances, warm bread and a topnote of dried flowers. On the palate the wine is pure, full-bodied and supremely elegant, with a lovely core, seamless balance, refined mousse and outstanding length and grip on the complex and very classy finish. I love the precise elegance of this release. This is one of the best examples of Brut Premier in years! 2016-2030+."
WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "A smoky note of minerality complements the flavors of dried cherry and black currant, almond financier and gumdrop in this refined, creamy version. The delicate yet persistent acidity is well-integrated, leading to a mouthwatering finish. Drink now through 2018. 50,000 cases imported."
- Item #: i_353653Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "Already bottled, the 2017 Saint-Aubin Cuvée Luce exhibits notes of green orchard fruit, pastry cream, white flowers and ripe citrus fruit. On the palate, the wine is medium-bodied, nicely concentrated and incisive with a pure, nicely balanced profile. It's a classic example of the appellation."
- Item #: i_351893Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Certified organic (Ecocert) and biodynamic -
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The Deiss 2011 Grasberg leads with saline, alkaline and marine aromatics, though also with intimations of the diverse ripe peach, pear, and melons – backed by distinct sweetness – that mark a ripe and infectiously juicy though firm palate. There is grip and nearly explosive interactivity in the finish, with nut oils, nutmeg, caraway as well as mineral elements bouncing off of the rich, resilient base of ripe fruit. Hardship of site certainly seems to have borne positive results here. Look for exciting performances through at least 2025. Deiss finds this “a bit timid” when compared with the corresponding 2010, but those are hardly words I would use to describe it!"
VINOUS MEDIA 92+ POINTS - "Good full yellow. Aromatic nose of lime, gooseberry, cinnamon and white flowers, complicated by smoke and a whiff of varnish; shows obvious notes of noble rot and gewÃ¼rztraminer. Off-dry on the palate, offering notes of spicy rhubarb and candied rose petal. Finishes with slight heat but has the material to support the alcohol. From vines situated very close to the Rotenberg at 350 meters above sea level, exposed north. This colder, later-ripening site allows for a more complex co-plantation of grape varieties, and this is why there is gewÃ¼rztraminer here.