- Item #: i_374328Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91James Suckling: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "This mouthwatering rosé offers fruit-forward flavors of ripe raspberry and cherry, with fresh ginger and blood orange sorbet accents. Refreshing, lively and well-knit. Drink now through 2020."
JAMES SUCKLING 91 POINTS - "A heady mix of raspberry and blueberry fruits on the nose of this deeper colored rosé Champagne. This has a crisp, lively lemon and red berry flavored palate, crunchy through the finish."
- Item #: i_352158Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS-"Ripe wild strawberry, star anise, mandarin orange peel and ground ginger notes are expressive in this bright and appealing rosé Champagne, with a lively bead. Clean-cut and juicy on the finish. Drink now through 2018. 711 cases imported. (10/16)."
- Item #: i_352690Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91JOSH RAYNOLDS 92 POINTS-"75% Pinot Noir, 20% Chardonnay and 5% Pinot Meunier; 9 g/l dosage; disgorged in March, 2014): Pale orange. Fresh red berries, tangerine, sweet butter and candied rose on the highly perfumed nose. Silky and expansive, offering juicy red berry and floral pastille flavors supported by an undercurrent of chalky minerals. Sappy and sharply focused on the minerally, floral finish, which hangs on with excellent tenacity."-Jan 2015
JOHN GILMAN 92 POINTS-"I really like Philipponnat’s Rosés these days, and their current release of Réserve Rosée is excellent. The wine is made of a blend of seventy-five percent pinot noir, twenty percent chardonnay and five percent pinot meunier, with seven percent of the pinot noir being still red wine to give the bottle its delicate salmon color. The dosage this year was nine grams per liter. The bouquet jumps from the glass in a young and vibrant mix of melon, orange peel, chalky minerality, bread dough and a nice touch of spices in the upper register. On the palate the wine is crisp and still youthfully snappy, with a full-bodied and nascently complex personality that reveals a good core, elegant mousse and fine length and grip on the seamless finish. I would try to give this wine another year in the cellar to really let it blossom from behind its girdle of acidity, but the acids are so well-integrated into the body of the wine that it is certainly approachable today."
We have been fans of Philipponnat’s rosés for a long time but its cost from the previous importer would have forced us to sell it for a too-pricy sixty dollars. Thanks to a little give and take in the supply chain, its shelf price has fallen to a more than fair forty dollars. We can now give this jewel our highest recommendation. This rosé blend is based on Aÿ region Pinot Noir augmented with Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier and topped off with 7-8% still Pinot Noir from the firm’s famed Clos des Goisses vineyard. Pale salmon-pink in color, this Brut has a fine, active mousse that releases pleasing aromatics of black currants, poached strawberries, carob and brown spices. In the mouth one can’t help but be impressed with the way this rosé swirls a skein of tangy red berry fruits and creamy autolytic flavors around its flinty core. Its mouth-watering acidity and Pinot Noir character make this rosé a most valued companion at any holiday table.
- Item #: i_333951Bottle Size: 750MLA delicious new rosé from Laurence Féraud of Domaine du Pegau, Pink Pegau was crafted at Château Pegau, a newly purchased estate of more than 100 acres located less than 4 miles from Châteauneuf-du-Pape. The vineyards include 62 acres of Cotes de Rhone Villages, 23+ acres of Cotes du Rhone, and 27+ acres of Vin de Table vineyards, planted in deep, stony, clay soils marked by the round river stones that also characterize Chateauneuf du Pape. This delicious, bone-dry rose offers peach, floral and red fruit aromas, with a fresh, mouth watering acidity and spicy, mineral, finish. Excellent on its own, this versatile, food friendly wine is also perfect with summer BBQ's and alfresco meals.
- Item #: i_376334Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93JOHN GILMAN 91 POINTS-"The new release of Piper-Heidsieck’s "Rosé Sauvage", which typically includes around a quarter of still pinot noir in the blend, is once again excellent. The color here is quite dark for a rosé Champagne- fairly deep cherry red- and the wine has plenty of vinosity in evidence on both the nose and palate. The bouquet is a deep and complex blend of cherries, orange peel, a bit of spiced meat, lovely soil tones, woodsmoke, cloves and rye toast. On the palate the wine is full-bodied, crisp and complex, with a rock solid core, zesty acidity, laser-like focus, superb mousse and excellent length and grip on the vibrant and very well-balanced finish. This cuvée seems to get a bit better every year! Lovely wine."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "There's lovely texture and integration to this vinous rosé, which displays nut-tinged flavors of grilled plum, black cherry preserves, cream, toasted brioche and sweet smoke. Long and mouthwatering, with a lingering, spice-tinged finish. Drink now through 2020. Tasted twice, with consistent notes. 2,000 cases imported."
- Item #: i_353780Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91JOHN GILMAN 92+ POINTS - "The new release of Ployez-Jacquemart Extra Brut non-vintage Rosé was disgorged in November of 2017 and is from the base year of 2014. The cépages is this cuvée’s customary fifty percent Chardonnay, thirty-seven percent Pinot Noir and thirteen percent Pinot Meunier, with ten percent of the Pinot Noir still red wine. The new version offers beautifully purity on the nose, wafting from the glass in a lovely mix of strawberries, a touch of tangerine, complex, chalky minerality, bread dough and a touch of rose petal in the upper register. On the palate the wine is bright, full-bodied and impeccably balanced, with lovely transparency, refined mousse, zesty acids and excellent focus, length and grip on the elegant and complex finish. This is more accessible out of the blocks than the base year 2013 version was at this point in its evolution last year, but I have the sense this will age just as long and gracefully. Just lovely Rosé."
- Item #: i_354420Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "A very pale onion-skin hue belies the class and depth in this lovely rosé. Cherry, black currant and coffee flavors interplay with the rich texture and soft structure. There's enough acidity to keep it defined from start to finish. Drink now."
- Item #: i_359661Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93JOSH RAYNOLDS 92 POINTS - "(55% Pinot Noir and 45% Chardonnay; 9 g/l dosage; LAH9V): Light orange. Sharply focused red berry and tangerine scents are complicated by suggestions of allspice and cinnamon, with a hint of smokiness in the background. Sappy and minerally on the palate, offering fresh strawberry and blood orange flavors lifted by juicy acidity. Packs a serious punch but carries no excess weight and finishes stony and very long, with echoing red berry character."-Jan 2015
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "There's lovely precision to the integration of this elegant rosé, offering a fine backbone of acidity and a light mousse. The flavors of poached pear, black cherry, fleur de sel, lemon zest and ginger are finely meshed, with a subtle vein of smoky minerality. Drink now through 2023. 2,250 cases imported."
- Item #: i_334289Bottle Size: 750MLChâteau Saint Pierre dates back to the eleventh century. Recent rehabilitation work in the cellar have revealed vestiges of a church dedicated to Saint Pierre that had belonged to Foulques, Lord Of Les Arcs. This property and the land around it were bequeathed to the Saint Victor Abbey in 1055. Handed down from father to son for the past four generations, Jean-Philippe Victor now manage this 55 hectares vineyards that stretch from the Argens River up to the foot of the Maures Mountains.
The nose is a rich blend of well water minerality, red plum skin, peach and strawberry notes. The palate is lush and creamy with forward tropical fruits, stone fruits, sweet peach cobbler and ripe cherry, balanced by excellent acidity and a dose of minerality. The finish allows the fruit back to the forefront as it slowly fades, like a glorious sunset over the Pacific Ocean. Benchmark wine.
- Item #: i_364540Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "A firm, toasty rosé, with roasted hazelnut and smoke notes underscoring kirsch, dried strawberry, piecrust and fresh ginger flavors. This is lip-smacking, softened and balanced by a fine, creamy texture. Drink now through 2023. 3,000 cases imported."
- Item #: i_317500Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91Veuve Clicquot Rosé ensures the consistency of the House style: an intense and elegant champagne with a delightfully luscious, fruit-based charm.
JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS-"The non-vintage edition of Veuve's rosé Champagne has a bright-strawberry and raspberry-fruit thread on the nose with a gently spicy edge too. The palate's big on flavor and really exuberant thanks to expressive strawberry and hints of pink grapefruit. Drink now whilst it is on the fruit. (12/16)."
WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Bright and expressive, with mouthwatering acidity and refined texture, layered with black cherry, spiced plum, almond skin, honey and candied ginger notes. Shows lovely balance, offering a lasting finish of smoky mineral. Drink now through 2020."
- Item #: i_334280Bottle Size: 750MLVieVité hails from Domaine Sainte Marie, a picturesque, organic winery tucked in a small valley in the heart of Provence. Domaine Sainte Marie is led by the esteemed head winemaker and proprietor, Christopher Duburcq.
Christopher brings to Domaine Sainte Marie an extraordinary talent, passion and know-how that is supported by his degree in oenology and knowledge of the world's best techniques, which he acquired during his world travels. Christopher and his exceptionally talented winemaking team produce the most exquisite rosé wines in the Côtes de Provence region.
30% Cinsault, 30% Grenache, 30% Syrah 10% Carignan
With a beautiful translucent pink hue, VieVité exudes the colors of a true Côtes de Provence rosé wine. On the nose, an expression of ripe tropical fruit is balanced with a pleasant bouquet of white flowers and a discreet touch of spice. On the palate, well-structured fruit and balanced acidity creates a crisp and delicate finish. VieVité is a versatile wine that caters to many various occasions and cuisines. VieVité pairs best with grilled white fishes, salmon, crab cakes with aoli sauce, prawns, lobster, ceviche, sushi and even a spicy seafood stew. Given VieVité’s fruit forward flavors, it will also balance out and complement dishes like tandoori Thai chicken, Indian curry dishes, and ethnic foods with spicy seasoning. VieVité is also great with pasta tossed in fresh puttanesca sauce, traditional bouillabaisse, and all Mediterranean cuisines with olive oil, garlic and herbs.
- Item #: i_376189Bottle Size: 750MLJOHN GILMAN 91+ POINTS - "The current release of Vilmart Cie’s Cuvée Rubis is comprised of ninety percent Pinot Noir and ten percent Chardonnay and was done as a saignée, rather than adding a bit of still Pinot Noir to create the rosé color. The wine is quite fine, as its oak component is very nicely understated and plays a fine supporting role to the main fireworks on the nose and palate. The bouquet is a mix of cherries, red currants, cloves, lovely soil tones, rye toast and a bit of cedar. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied and complex, with a fine core, elegant mousse, fine focus and grip and a long, slightly tannic finish. The balance here is just fine and I do not see any issues down the road with the touch of wood tannins, but exclusively older wood is not something that would be a detriment to this bottling. This is a very well-made wine, but I am more attracterd to the organic natural beauty of Alexandre Chartogne’s style of Rosé over the Cuvée Rubis, even if the two wines are not all that far apart in quality."
From one of Champagne’s true cult producers, Vilmart’s Rubis Rosé is simply a joyous Champagne that will appeal as much to the novice as it will to the die-hard Champagne geek. It is a vinous blend of 90% Pinot Noir and 10% Chardonnay from the domaine’s vineyards in the Montagne de Reims village of Rilly-la-Montagne and Villes- Allerand. Proprietor Laurent Champs always avoids malolactic fermentation in order to retain structure and finesse. To add a bit of roundness and spice, Laurent “raised” the base wines for this rose in large oak foudres for ten months before bottling. Champagne critic Peter Leim of The Champagne Guide paints the finished picture well: “It’s creamy and luscious, displaying pungent flavors of rhubarb, strawberry and cranberry along with underlying hints of sweet herbs and peppery spice. Drinking superbly well now, it combines a serious, vinous character with sheer delicious slurpability.” Note that our low Special Purchase Price is limited to stock on hand.
- Item #: i_311155Bottle Size: 750MLGrenache, Rolle, Cinsault, Syrah, Mourvèdre.Grapes harvested in crates, only in the morning.Sorted-out twice.Maceration at 10-12°C to extract aromas.Vinification in stainless-steel vats.Temperature controlled.Bâtonnages.This assemblage has been made withoutbarrel fermentation to keep the freshnessand all the fruit flavors.