- Item #: i_353876Bottle Size: 750mlThe Domaine epitomises classic Puligny style, the wines having exemplary purity, focus and integrity. With the Meursault, they are true to their origins. The muscular 2018 Puligny-Montrachet flexes with lemon meringue pie, mille-feuille, apple peel, orange zest, peach, white blossom and nutmeg.
- Item #: i_350524Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2018 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Vergers is also excellent, unwinding to reveal notes of green pear, white currants, toasted bread, anise and fresh mint. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, satiny and layered, with a more muscular, textural profile than the Clos Saint-Jean this year, concluding with a penetrating, mineral finish."
- Item #: i_352509Bottle Size: 750mlDecanter: 96DECANTER 96 POINTS - "Bâtard can be a little too rich for its own good on occasion, but that's definitely not the case here. Elegant and pale in colour, this benefitted from early picking and careful winemaking to deliver freshness alongside pear and quince fruit and subtle 25% new oak."
- Item #: i_350483Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92-94Decanter: 94DECANTER 94 POINTS - "Dense, spicy and even a little tannic, it has a lovely combination of understated power and freshness, with a tangy, salty finish and skilfully judged 30% new wood. Another vineyard that performed well in the heat of 2018. Drinking Window 2021 - 2028."
VINOUS 92 - 94 POINTS - "Puligny-Montrachet La Truffière 1er Cru comes from a 0.15-hectare parcel on red clay soils. The bouquet is adorable, offering orange and apricot blossom, crushed rocks and hints of menthol with aeration, and eventually gaining impressive intensity. The palate is, conversely, quite taut and linear, but shows great depth and mineralité, conveying palpable energy on the finish that leaves the tongue tingling. Superb."
- Item #: i_322397Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Decanter: 95WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS: "Blockier and denser than the Criots, the 2018 Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru unfurls in the glass with scents of honeycomb, orange oil, white flowers and toasted nuts. Full-bodied, fleshy and textural, it's lively and long, its rich core of fruit underpinned by ripe acids. Broad-shouldered and expressive, this will drink well sooner than the tighter-knit 2017."
DECANTER 95 POINTS: "Céline Fontaine sources her excellent Bâtard from four parcels on the Chassagne-Montrachet side of the Grand Cru, totalling 0.4ha. This is an effortlessly complex Chardonnay, combining depth and texture with scented oak, taut acidity and the power and concentration to age. The one-third new oak is beautifully integrated here."
- Item #: i_305388Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Wafting from the glass with aromas of pear, white flowers, beeswax and a light touch of reduction that might be derived from this sample bottle's Diam closure, the 2018 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru La Romanée is medium to full-bodied, layered and muscular. Underpinned by lively acids, this is the most complete and concentrated premier cru in the range this year."
- Item #: i_305158Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Burghound: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2018 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Caillerets marries notes of citrus oil and white flowers with aromas of pear and peach. Medium to full-bodied, satiny and fleshy, it reveals fine depth at the core and promising chalky grip to balance its mid-palate fat."
- Item #: i_352150Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Dramatic and expressive, the 2018 Criots-Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru exhibits aromas of orange rind, peach, honeyed pears and marzipan. Full-bodied, supple and textural, it's an enveloping but youthfully structured wine that will reward at least a couple of years of bottle age. Céline Gagnard told me that this site handled the hot conditions well."
- Item #: i_352181Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Vinous Media: 94Decanter: 94WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Aromas of clear honey, blanched almonds and pear mingle with hints of citrus blossom and orange oil, introducing the 2018 Montrachet Grand Cru, a full-bodied, elegantly textural wine that's supple and enveloping, with lovely depth and dimension at the core, underpinned by lively acids. Long and perfumed, this is an elegant, expressive Montrachet from Fontaine-Gagnard."
- Item #: i_377585Bottle Size: 750mlLes Chênes, a single-vineyard Champagne made of pure Chardonnay, was first bottled as a separate wine in the 1994 vintage. Laval makes it exclusively from musts with a high (for Champagne) minimum ripeness of 11 degrees. Les Chênes is a highly-regarded site located on the mid-slope along the road to Hautvillers, just to the east of the village of Cumières, and the terrain here is highly calcareous, with only about 40 centimeters of topsoil above the bedrock of chalk. The first vintage of Les Chênes yielded just 400 bottles, and today Laval’s maximum production of this wine is about 1,700 bottles, produced only in the best years and released as a Brut Nature.
- Item #: i_352169Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 91 - 93 POINTS - "Boillot's 2017 Meursault 1er Cru Les Poruzots reveals attractive aromas of ripe green apple, Meyer lemon, white flowers and almond paste. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, deep and layered and pure, with more concentration, cut and structure than the Charmes this year."
- Item #: i_352610Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS: "The most youthfully reserved wine in the cellar was the 2018 Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru, a promising bottling that opens up to reveal scents of citrus zest, dried white flowers, green apple and pastry cream. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, layered and multidimensional, with racy acids and prodigious levels of searingly chalky dry extract that lend this wine incredible structure."
- Item #: i_353906Bottle Size: 3 LiterWine Advocate: 95WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Boillot's emblematic 2018 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos de la Mouchère has turned out brilliantly, wafting from the glass with aromas of pear, hazelnut, dried white flowers, citrus oil, blanched almonds and smoke. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, deep and multidimensional, with terrific concentration, searing levels of extract and a long, mineral finish."
- Item #: i_352171Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Aromas of citrus oil, white flowers, blanched almonds and crushed chalk preface the 2018 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Perrières, a medium to full-bodied, racy and incisive wine that's chalky and tensile, with lively acids and a saline finish. This has turned out very well indeed."
- Item #: i_353850Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 96WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "Rich and polished, with breadth and intensity to the peach, white flower, lemon tart and baking spice aromas and flavors. Builds nicely from the midpalate through the long, spice and pastry-tinged finish."
- Item #: i_349989Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94-96Wine Spectator: 95WINE ADVOCATE 94-96 POINTS - "Chartron's greatest wine is the 2017 Chevalier-Montrachet Grand Cru Clos des Chevaliers, an immensely promising effort that wafts from the glass with aromas of citrus oil, mandarin, dried white flowers, crisp Anjou pear, pastry cream and a deft framing of new oak. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, deep and structured, with superb concentration, excellent tension at the core, brisk acids, chalky dry extract and a long, mineral finish. This is an impeccably balanced Chevalier-Montrachet that can stand alongside the vintage's best. Note that Chartron will also be releasing a small barrel selection as a 'Cuvée Centennaire' to commemorate the acquisition of this clos in 1917."
- Item #: i_352309Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 91 - 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru reveals aromas of lemon oil, beeswax, pastry cream and nutmeg. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, tensile and chalky, with a reserved, structural profile."
- Item #: i_352308Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 92-94 POINTS: "The 2017 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos de la Pucelle displays a lovely bouquet of fresh peach, yellow orchard fruit, beeswax and white flowers. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, deep and broad shouldered, with lovely depth at the core, fresh acids and a long, expansive finish. It's an especially complete wine this year. Chartron will also be releasing a small barrel selection as a "Cuvée Centennaire" to commemorate the acquisition of this clos in 1917. The 2017 vintage is a decided success for Domaine Jean Chartron, an excellent source of pure and precise Puligny that deserves more recognition. Over the last decade, Jean-Michel Chartron has masterminded a quiet renaissance at this important estate. Winemaking here is classical, with modest percentages of new oak and fermentation and élevage in barrel, with the wines often spending a few months in stainless steel before bottling after a light fining. In 2017, the domaine will celebrate the acquisition in 1917 of its three important enclosed vineyards—the Clos des Chevaliers, the Clos de la Pucelle and the Clos du Cailleret—with a small special cuvée from each, and based on what I tasted, I suspect those wines will be well worth a special effort to seek out."
- Item #: i_353456Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92+WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS - "The 2017 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Blanchots Dessus wafts from the glass with notions of pears, waxy citrus rind, orange blossom and spicy new oak. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, broad and fleshy, with bright balancing acids and good depth at the core, displaying some promising back-end grip."