- Item #: i_375285Bottle Size: 750MLThis stunning Extra Brut Rosé Champagne is one for the books. ‘Campania Remensis’ is vibrant, persistent, and loaded with flavors of red berries, crushed flower petals, chalk, tobacco, and sweet spice. Only 3/g of dosage added. Fair warning, you’re going to love this wine. Pair with fried snacks, cheese boards, or simply sip solo.
- Item #: i_325548Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 92JOHN GILMAN 92 POINTS-"The soon to be released version of Bérêche et Fils non-vintage “Brut Réserve” is going to be excellent. The wine is its customary blend of one-third each of Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier, with the wine having been disgorged in January of 2017. As is typical of this bottling, one-third of the blend is reserve wines and the finishing dosage was 6.5 grams per liter. This is really a lovely wine in the making, offering up a youthful and classy bouquet of apple, pear, chalky soil tones, brioche and just a whisper of buttery oak. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied, complex and focused, with lovely mousse, excellent balance and grip and a long, zesty and nascently complex finish. A superb non-vintage bottling. 2018-2035. (07/18)
PETER LEIM 1 1/2 STARS-"It's ample in body, its creammy notes of stone fruits, orange citrus and green apple underlind by stony minerality, and it finishes with excellent length and depth." This is made of roughly equal parts Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Meunier, and 70 percent of it was vinified in barrel. The base wine is a blend of the 2013 and 2014 vintages. It was disgorged in January of 2017 with a dosage of 7 grams per liter.
- Item #: i_304757Bottle Size: 750MLSince the 2004 vintage, we have expanded our work with the Levet family to include a second bottling of Cote Rotie known as “Les Journaries”, a cuvée drawn from grapes harvested from old vines in the “La Landonne” lieu-dit. This wine is more subtle, more elegant and “quieter” if you will than the “Chavaroche”. At the same time, it is very much a Levet wine with a bouquet of violets, wild berries, a touch of animal and resinous-like tannins that speak of the inclusion of stems (a hallmark of the Levet tradition). The “Journaries” is approachable at an earlier stage than its companion “La Chavaroche” but, that being said, it is a wine that not only ages gracefully but almost requires a touch of patience. Bernard Levet’s wines are well-structured wines that are built for aging and experience significant improvement with time in bottle. In our opinion, these wines at maturity reflect most effectively the true nature of the terroir of Cote Rotie. MADROSE
- Item #: i_353490Bottle Size: 750ml1.07 hectares from two parcels: Réas and la Rivière. Primary fermentation in cement tank and then moved to barrels for malolactic fermentation and aging. 35% new oak
Amélie Berthaut's emergence as one of Burgundy's rising stars by now needs no reiteration, but the quality of her 2017 portfolio demonstrates that the plaudits she has received are amply justified.Berthaut has a magic touch. The wines are alive and vibrant, and offer a truly unique expression.
Amélie insists that the most important work happens in the vineyards and working the soil. She follows lutte raisonnée farming, with a strong leaning towards organic viticulture: no herbicides or pesticides in the vineyards. The biggest threats are oidium and mildew, but she avoids spraying at all if possible.
- Item #: i_378646Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 91JOHN GILMAN 92 POINTS - "The Brut Réserve bottling from Billecart-Salmon is identical in cépages to the Extra Brut, with the sole differences in the wines being that the Brut Réserve receives a judicious dosage of seven grams per liter. Not surprisingly, the current release is excellent, offering a complex nose of pear, warm biscuits, a fine base of complex soil tones, gentle notes of lime peel and a nice touch of white roses in the upper register. On the palate the wine is pure, full-bodied, complex and very refined in profile, with a lovely core, pinpoint bubbles, bright, well-integrated acids and a very long, tangy and elegant finish. I have had some previous renditions of Brut Réserve that seemed a bit bound up by their structural elements out of the blocks and in need of some bottle age to blossom, but the current release will drink beautifully right from the outset."
INTERNATIONAL WINE CELLAR 91 POINTS - "Light yellow-gold. Orange and pear aromas are complemented by notes of vanilla bean and honeysuckle. Silky in texture and nicely precise, with juicy orchard fruit flavors and a tangy note of Meyer lemon. Dry but in no way austere. Blends depth and energy smoothly and finishes with excellent clarity and nervy cut."
- Item #: i_305600Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "A gorgeous rosé Champagne with sliced strawberries, orange peel and hints of cream and pie crust. Medium body, tight and integrated tannins and a long and flavorful finish. Tangy acidity. The texture shows a fine bead and lightness. Long and intense. Drink now."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS "Lacy in texture, with sleek acidity, this well-knit rosé Champagne offers delicate notes of blood orange glacé, pickled ginger and oyster shell, revealing a rich hint of grilled nut. The firm, almost crunchy finish is nicely spiced and lingering. Drink now through 2023."
- Item #: i_353094Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92VINOUS 92 POINTS - "Moderately saturated medium red. Sexy, musky aromas of fresh, ripe strawberry, raspberry, menthol and licorice. Quite penetrating for the vintage, with its touch of sweetness effortlessly carried by firm acidity cooling menthol and underlying minerality. This very sexy wine finishes firm and long, with a solid tannic spine and an element of saline complexity. Really spreads out on the end to dust the entire palate and vibrate."
- Item #: i_344002Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 94 PointsJames Suckling: 95Decanter: 94 PointsJAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "This is really excellent with sliced apples, lemon rind, minerals and stones. Medium to full body, vivid and energetic acidity and a long and powerful, almost minerally finish. Wow. Inner quote mark (4/2017)
DECANTER 94 POINTS - "This offers more proof that the whites in the Médoc have resisted the heat of August. The pH here is 3.01, and certainly the impression in the glass is of beautiful freshness with a creamy mid-palate of white peaches, honeysuckle and gentle citrus sorbet. Fermented at a low temperature in a combination of stainless steel, one year old barrels and 45% new oak with a very light toast, this is very delicate and extremely pretty. A blend of 52% Sauvignon Blanc, 30% Semillon and 18% Muscadelle.
- Item #: i_353017Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Boisson-Vadot is one of the finest, outstanding small producers in the village of Meursault that are not particularly well known beyond their native France, but which produce stellar examples of Meursault. The estate is currently run by the father and son team of Bernard and Pierre Boisson, who turn out between three and four thousand cases of wine per year.
No-brainer red Burg buy from one of the hottest names with those in the know. You have to try at least one of these!
- Item #: i_351034Bottle Size: 750mlThe Boisson-Vadot wines are the best bottles of Burgundy that you've never heard of. They are largely consumed by a dedicated following in France. What is exported to the US overwhelmingly ends up on wine lists at The French Laundry and Eleven Madison Park.
Bernard, his son Pierre, and daughter Anne, are the best kept secret in Burgundy's Côte de Beaune. The family's friendship with Domaine Coche-Dury has clearly had an impact on the style of wine here, one with a magical touch of reduction that so many try to emulate with very few finding similar success. Here that reduction is executed brilliantly, offering a flinty and saturating mineral quality matched with deep texture and outrageous concentration and length.
- Item #: i_305850Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Very elegant and refined in texture, with fresh, focused acidity finding fine integration with the layered notes of patisserie apple, black currant, smoky mineral and biscuit, complimented by hints of lemon zest and honey. Lingering finish. Drink now through 2020. Tasted twice, with consistent notes. 5,000 cases imported.”
We are excited about this offering because we love nothing more than offering killer deals on great wines. While not as flashy or fashionable as some of its Grandes Marques brethren, Bollinger nevertheless possesses a legion of savvy devotees that is surpassed only by that of Krug’s. As with Krug’s Grand Cuvee, Bollinger’s reputation is anchored by their consistently splendid multi-vintage Brut Special. This is a particularly nice rendition and it is further notable because it is the first release of Special Cuvee packaged in a swanky new bottle patterned after one the company used in the 1840s. Disgorged this past summer, 45% of the blend is from 2008, while 50% is from 2007, with the rest being composed of older vintages aged in magnum.
Jacques Bollinger and Paul-Joseph Renaudin founded Bollinger in 1829. However, it was really the widow (yes, another dynamic Champagne widow) Lilly Bollinger, who guided the firm from 1941 to 1971, that is most responsible for the lofty reputation that the firm enjoys today. By all accounts this grande dame was an indefatigable and astute leader that left no stone unturned in the pursuit of bolstering the excellence of her Champagnes. Ghislain de Montgolfier, a great great grandson of Jacques Bollinger, took charge of the house from 1994 to 2008. Today, Jérôme Philipon is managing director, while Mathieu Kauffmann , who has been with the house since 2001, is Bollinger’s brilliant chef de cave. Bollinger’s 395 acres of vines provide for roughly two-thirds of the house’s needs, which permits greater control over style and quality.
- Item #: i_353322Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINT - "A big red, rich in texture, laced with black cherry, pomegranate and violet notes, showing hints of iron and earth. Features a solid structure underneath and finishes long and sappy."
- Item #: i_345111Bottle Size: 750MLWINE SPECTATOR - 92 POINTS : A pure, lean style, exhibiting flavors of apple, lemon and sweet baking spices, with a hint of butterscotch. Taut and resonant, featuring a long, expanding finish. Best from 2019 through 2025. 200 cases imported. –BS
VINOUSMEDIA.COM - 86-88 POINTS : (aging in 10% new oak): Pale color. White peach, lemon and a touch of stone on the nose. Plump and rich, in fact a bit loose-knit, conveying an impression of elevated alcohol. This smooth wine shows a floral element but only moderate flavor development. Not bad. - Stephen Tanzer