- Item #: i_321139Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 91Decanter: 90 PointsDECANTER 90 POINTS - "An overperforming village wine, the Champs Perdrix is reminiscent of a miniature premier cru Petits Monts, offering up an attractive bouquet of rose petal, wild berries and spice. On the palate the wine is juicy, fine-grained and medium-bodied, with detailed, chalky tannins."
- Item #: i_376412Bottle Size: 750mlThe Champagne Naturellement by Cazé-Thibaut is the result of biodynamically farmed, 100% Meunier grapes harvested in Châtillon-sur-Marne, a village located in Vallée de la Marne. Vinification occurs for 50% in fût de chêne and 50% in steel tanks for this rare Champagne Blanc de Meunier - particularly vertical, where acidity, minerality and fine perlage invite champagne lovers to sip it.
- Item #: i_322154Bottle Size: 750MLWINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "A bramble- and bay leaf—edged version, with a mix of dark cherry and red currant fruit forming the core. Light singed tobacco and a fresh chalk threads line the finish. Long and refined, showing a lovely tug of earth at the end. Drink now through 2026."
Les Varennes du Grand Clos is a slope of siliceous clay and limestone that has proven its ability to yield complex Chinons that stand the test of time-old bottles from decades past are still in their prime. Farming is organic, and the wine ages for over a year in barrel before bottling. The trademark of Les Varennes is its finesse: while structure is certainly not lacking, there is a harmony to fruit, acid, and tannins that allows us to pull the cork today. Its earthy flavors pair perfectly with rustic French cuisine; try a beef stew or wild mushrooms for a guaranteed match.
- Item #: i_352922Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 92Wine Enthusiast: 92 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsIf Chateau Belle-Vue isn't on you radar, it should be! We (happily) taste a lot of wine in the course of sourcing the best for Hi-Time and reject thousands of offerings that don't make the cut. The 2016 Belle-Vue was immediately appealing and several members of our wine staff lingered over this bottle and enjoyed more than one sample in the arduous and noble pursuit of further research.
This ready to drink Bordeaux is showing aromas of violets, black currants, blackberries and dark cherries. Subtle notes of vanilla, baking spice and earth added interest. On the palate, this wine is on the richer side of things, full-bodied and oh so silky smooth.
The quality of this wine is impressive and totally over-delivers for its humble price-point. Noted critic Jeb Dunnuck awarded this wine 93 Points stating Belle-Vue has "ultra-fine tannins and fabulous balance" and "it's almost too good to be true and should be snatched up by readers."
James Suckling said the wine "tastes like a very good Margaux!" This is high praise and actually right on point as Chateau Belle-Vue is located a stone's throw away from the Margaux classified growth, Chateau Giscours.
This rich, juicy, crowd pleasing wine will impress those who are not easily impressed. Even better, we bought everything they had and are selling it at the best price in the nation!
The quality to price ratio for this wine is off the charts and makes this an absolute no brainer.
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "The 2016 Château Belle-Vue is one awesome Haut-Médoc as well as an incredible value. Deeply colored, with a powerful bouquet of crème de cassis, black cherries, leafy herbs, and earth, it’s medium to full-bodied, has ultra-fine tannins and fabulous balance. A blend of 45% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot, and 20% Petit Verdot, aged in 30% new French oak, it’s almost too good to be true and should be snatched up by readers."
JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "Thanks to its fragrance and discreet succulence, this tastes like a very good Margaux. That should be no surprise, because Belle-Vue’s vineyards lie immediately south of that appellation. Long and elegant finish. A blend of 45 per cent cabernet sauvignon, 35 per cent merlot and 20 per cent petit verdot. Drink or hold."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 92 POINTS - "This wine has a rich, generous character that gives it a full, dense texture. It has spice, ripe tannins and opulent blackberry tones.
- Item #: i_352745Bottle Size: 750mlWe are always on the prowl for wines that over deliver and offer delicious drinkability at an outstanding price. We have found such a wine with the Chateau Bellevue Claribes from the highly acclaimed 2016 vintage!
This is the perfect wine for Fall, that wonderful time of year when temperatures settle down from their summer highs and baste the country in cooler climes. The turning of the leaves in their annual Fall display amazes our eyes, and hordes of costumed children (of all ages, really) roam our streets and neighborhoods in their relentless quest for candy.
Not to mention the culmination of the baseball season, the second month of football and the start of hockey, for the sports-minded among us. Then there are movies and books and all sorts of other seasonal celebrations taking place...which of course, leads us to think of what shall we drink with all this going on?
Bordeaux to the rescue! As Fall weather and menus change, we tend to gravitate toward one of our favorite red wine regions in the world and we have found a ringer for you to enjoy-- the 2016 Chateau Bellevue Claribes will leave you asking for more.
This wine is all about fresh, pure fruits, complementary earthiness (think "Bordeaux dust") and spice balanced by excellent body-- that it's just under the ten-dollar mark is icing on the cake. Talk about bang-for-the-buck value-- this wine is an absolute steal!
The nose is loaded with scents of cherries, plum and red raspberries, dusty earth, red rose and a background hint of incense. The palate reiterates the nose with flavors of cherries and berries in the foreground balanced by medium tannins and uplifting acidity. The mouthfeel is lush in this elegant-yet-powerful wine-- it's a balance of poise, beauty and strength for an out-of-this-world price. Kind of a perfect fit for this month! [And it will pair well with beef, lamb and barbecued meats (AKA tailgate fare) as well as hard cheeses like aged cheddar and pecorino].
70% Merlot, 20% Cab. Sauvignon, 10% Cab. Franc
- Item #: i_321295Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 89-91Jeb Dunnuck: 96 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 94-96 POINTS - "Also not yet bottled the 2016 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée des Felix offers a similar level of concentration, yet is more tight, structured, and elegant. Currants, scorched earth, leather, and ground pepper notes give way to a full-bodied, powerful, concentrated 2016 that's going to benefit from short-term cellaring yet cruise for two decades. This cuvée is 65% Grenache, 25% Mourvèdre, and the rest a mix of varieties, all aged in very old barrels."
- Item #: i_353006Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 91-93 POINTS - ""Still not bottled, the 2016 Châteauneuf-du-Pape is a terrific wine, as well as a great example of the vintage. Ripe and upfront, with a gorgeous bouquet of black cherries, blackberries, new saddle leather, and roasted herbs, it's full-bodied, has sensational depth and richness, ripe, yet present tannin, and a great finish. Give it a few years and drink it over the following 10-15 years."
- Item #: i_352274Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 95James Suckling: 96Wine Enthusiast: 95 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsJAMES SUCKLING 96 POINTS - "The aromas are very complex with sweet tobacco, black truffles, blueberries and blackberries. Subtle. Menthol, too. Full-bodied yet so elegant. Structure with finesse and purity. The tannins are melted in the wine. Fabulous young wine. Try tasting it from 2023."
- Item #: i_352749Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 93James Suckling: 95Wine Enthusiast: 97 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 97 Points**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE ENTHUSIAST 97 POINTS - "This wine is dense, mingling spicy nutmeg along with superb ripe honey and marmalade flavors. With its balanced acidity and opulence, it is going to be a great wine."
JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "One of the top sweet wines in this report is the 2016 Château Coutet, which has the vintage’s plush, opulent style as well as thrilling purity and good acids. Pineapple, white flowers, sugared peach, and honeyed notes all emerge from this full-bodied, layered, balanced Barsac that’s already impossible to resist yet will evolve gracefully 2+ decades."
JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "The vibrant, tropical fruit-coulis character The vibrant, tropical fruit-coulis character draws you into this concentrated and elegant Barsac. Then the crisp acidity and a wave of lemon and mineral character comes through, driving the finish out in the direction of the horizon. Drink or hold."
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Pale lemon colored, the 2016 Coutet reveals gorgeous quince paste, candied ginger and key lime pie scents with touches of lemon marmalade and peach compote. Full-bodied, rich and seriously seductive, it has a lively line cutting through the sweet, dense layers and epically long finish."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Unctuous in feel, with marzipan, candied orange peel and praline notes leading the way for a juicy display of mango, peach and papaya flavors. The rich finish has a nice toasty hint. Best from 2023 through 2038."
- Item #: i_351419Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS: "The 2016 La Clape Grand Vin is a blend of 55% Mourvèdre, 25% Syrah and 20% Grenache. The Mourvèdre and Syrah are aged in second use barrels, while the Grenache ages in tank. The bouquet combines attractive notes of raspberries and blueberries, tying them together with strands of rosemary and bay leaf. Full-bodied and concentrated, it frames the ripe fruit with supple tannins and a briny edge on the finish."
- Item #: i_344231Bottle Size: 750MLBrézé is a unique site due to its relatively high elevation and eminently nuanced geological profile. The high composition of tuffeau, a porous, chalky limestone also used in the construction of much of the Loire’s Renaissance architecture, results in finely mineral Chenin Blanc. Clay and sand also lend themselves to the diversity of the terroirs, giving body to the reds and richness to the whites. With five historic and clearly delimited Clos to work with, the Lambert duo has the incredible opportunity to truly understand and reveal the distinctions within this extraordinary appellation.
- Item #: i_351680Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The estate’s top wine is the 2016 Lirac Secret de la Grange, a 90-10 blend of Grenache and Syrah that never sees oak. This full-bodied blend is fabulously concentrated and lush, with ripe fruit flavors of raspberries and stone fruits, an intriguing hint of almond paste and a rich, long finish tinged with licorice. It should drink well for up to a decade."
- Item #: i_334081Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "This is light-bodied but backed by focused acidity and streamlined flavors of pure cherry and raspberry that are tangy and spicy, flanked by white pepper, tea and herb details."
- Item #: i_352765Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92ORGANIC CULTIVATION
Les Vérillats has a deep red color with an intense nose of black fruit, unusual for the appellation. The mouth is full and supple, with a delicious smoothness balanced by the freshness of the fruit and spices.
- Item #: i_353084Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 92James Suckling: 94Wine Enthusiast: 94 PointsJAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - " There’s a very rich and powerful core of red-plum and mulberry aromas and flavors here, delivering an assertive and very shimmery, polished palate. Great tannin texture. Long and regal. Every bit as good as the 2015, but more lively in 2016. Try from 2023."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 94 POINTS
WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS
- Item #: i_351551Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94ROBERT PARKER 96+ POINTS: "Medium to deep garnet-purple in color, the 2016 Fonplegade opens with a very savory nose of smoked meats, tapenade, sautéed herbs and beef drippings over a core of plum preserves, chocolate-covered cherries and cedar chest plus wafts of violets and cigars. Medium to full-bodied, the palate possesses both intensity and elegance, with the black fruit layers superbly framed by firm, fine-grained tannins and wonderful freshness, finishing long and mineral laced."
- Item #: i_352068Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Enthusiast: 93 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Medium to deep garnet-purple colored, the 2016 Grand Mayne features fragrant kirsch, redcurrant jelly and black plums scents with touches of garrigue, mossy bark and Sichuan pepper. Full-bodied, rich and densely laden with vibrant red and black fruits, it has a plush frame and very long, earth-laced finish."
VINOUR 93 POINTS JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS WINE ENTHUSIAST 93 POINTS
- Item #: i_351700Bottle Size: 750mlCherry-red in colour, tinged with ruby, with its generous bouquet, Château Haut La Pierrière is juicy and voluptuous. On the palate, extremely ripe fruit, followed by silky, integrated tannins define this wine, which is so similar to Saint-Emilion in style. A supple, well-balanced wine.
- Item #: i_345892Bottle Size: 750MLThe estate is situated on the same plateau as Saint Emilion and Pomerol and sits on the second highest point in the Gironde at 110 meters above sea level (approximately 350 feet). The vineyards are planted to a number of red varieties, including Merlot (85%), Cabernet Sauvignon (6%), Cabernet Franc (7%) along with a touch of Malbec and Carmenère. The exclusive white variety is Semillon. The soil type varies but is principally a mix of clay, silex and limestone, with very high acidity levels. The average age of the vines is 50 years and no synthetic treatments have ever been used at the estate, which is certified biodynamic. Harvest is manual, the grapes are entirely destemmed and the cuvaison is long, continuing for two to four weeks. Only indigenous yeast is utilized, no chapitalisation is done nor is SO2 used during the fermentation. The “elevage” of the Le Puy wines is done according to the lunar rhythm. The two essential red cuvées of the estate, “Emilien” and “Barthelemy” are raised in barrel for 24 months. The wines are neither fined nor filtered before bottling. Jean-Pierre Amoreau and his son, Pascal, oversee the vineyards and vinification.