- Item #: i_345706Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92-94Burghound: 90-93Vinous Media: 90-93BURGHOUND 90-93 POINTS: " Here too there is enough wood to notice though not overshadow the otherwise fresh, cool and restrained nose of red and dark currant, earth, sauvage and discreet floral hints. There is excellent intensity to the well-delineated big-bodied flavors that possess impressive power and punch on the long and moderately austere finish. This excellent effort is a textbook Vaucrains that is absolutely going to require extended cellaring."
eROBERT PARKER 92-94 POINTS: "The 2014 Nuits Saint Georges 1er Cru les Vaucrains has a stylish bouquet with ebulliant red cherry, strawberry and cold stone scents that are beautifully defined. The palate is ripe and sensual on the entry with a keen line of acidity. The tannin here really express the propitious nature of les Vaucrains, imparting impressive detail and precision on the long, sustained finish. Superb!"
VINOUSMEDIA 90-93 POINTS: "Healthy dark red. Reticent but ripe aromas of dark berries, licorice and bitter chocolate. Bigger and sweeter than the Boudots, showing lovely vinosity and saline energy. This is strong, dark and dense in 2014, with the cru's sometimes rustic tannins rounded by the character of the year. Very long on the aftertaste." -- Stephen Tanzer
- Item #: i_379329Bottle Size: 750MLcépage 60% Pinot Noir, 40% Chardonnay
assemblage 100% 2014
village/vyd all Coeur de Cuvée and old vine sélection massale; 40% Pinot Noir from Mareuil-sr-Aÿ 1er Cru (Faubourg D’enfer, Croix Blanche, Pruche, Haut de Varille); 20% Pinot Noir from Aÿ Grand Cru (Cheuzelles, Pierre Robert, Le Leon, Pruche); 30% Chardonnay from Mareuil-sr-Aÿ 1er Cru (Beauregard, Ramonette, Buisson Saint Loup, Clef); 10% Chardonnay from Oiry Grand Cru and Chouilly Grand Cru
Jean-Paul Hébrart has been making some of the very finest wines in the Marne Valley for many years. They have long been favorites of ours. Peter Liem recently, said "Hébrart's wines just keep getting better and better. He's easily one of the best growers in Champagne." Hébrart's wines straddle ripe fruit character and intense soil expression, making them both complex and approachable. They are the wines you drink with people who think that they don't like Champagne.
- Item #: i_350027Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 92-95BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS - "Reduction completely obscures the other aromas. As is usually the case the big-bodied flavors possess more size, weight and power and I particularly like the intensity flashed by the austere and backward yet remarkably deep and long finish. This is an imposing yet well-balanced effort that should age effortlessly for years to come."
- Item #: i_352324Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "I love the lively and energetic profile of the 2014 L'Etoile Cuvée Spéciale, which is a sharper wine than the 2015 but also less developed and fresher. It feels very young and undeveloped, with bright acidity, strong minerality and a chalky texture. A brilliant Cuvée Spéciale in the making."
- Item #: i_379384Bottle Size: 750mlThis is 100-percent Pinot Meunier Special Club hails from four select parcels from the Les Fortes Terres vineyard in Cuisles. The warm, south-facing exposure of the site usually renders memorable Champagnes that are silky and full-bodied with plenty of depth. This 2014 edition is no exception as this review suggests:
VINOUS WINE MEDIA 92 POINTS-"The 2014 Brut Special Club Les Fortes Terres shows a more overt side of Meunier. Apricot, orange peel, chamomile, almond and spice notes are all kicked up a notch in this decidedly rich, sumptuous Champagne. Moreover, the Fortes Terres really stands out in this range for its bold, forward personality. Dosage is 3 grams per liter. Disgorged: November 18, 2018."
- Item #: i_376429Bottle Size: 750mlThis Extra Brut Rose is made from 100% organically farmed Pinot Noir grapes all from the 2014 harvest) fermented with indigenous yeast. Half the base wine was aged in neutral oak casks. Its amber reddish hue was achieved through a short maceration on the skins (i.e. traditional Saignee Process)and was disgorged in March of 2016 with a minimal dosage of 3g/l. The aromas show a distinctive rose petal component laced with hints of cardomin and cinnamon. The palate dispalys dried red berries and earthy forest floor notes that are sugestive af a fine Cote de Beaune with bubbles.
- Item #: i_350556Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93-95WINE ADVOCATE 93 - 95 POINTS - "The 2014 Echézeaux Grand Cru comes from the usual two parcels in the vineyard that are harvested on the same day as usual and co-fermented. The 80% new oak is beautifully integrated with ebullient red cherry, raspberry and vanilla scents -- a bewitching bouquet. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin, the fruit effortlessly soaking up the new oak, leaving you with an intense, mineral-rich finish with a saline tang on the aftertaste. A divine Echézeaux."
- Item #: i_334151Bottle Size: 750ML"I don't only want a good wine, but also a true wine" says Nicolas Joly, the mythical winemaker of Savennieres in the Loire valley. His domaine dates back to the 12th century. In the early 80s, he became one of the pioneer of bio-dynamic, stopped using any kind of chemicals and started to work in the vines with horses. This cuvee Clos de la Bergerie is the testimony of Savennieres's amazing terroir. It needs to be decanted to express its full potential. The nose is extremely expressive with over ripe and caramelised fruit and complex dried flowers aromas. On the palate is incredibly intense and fresh.
- Item #: i_379358Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Disgorged in July 2018 with five grams per liter dosage, the 2014 Brut 1er Cru Blanc de Blancs Gastronome is showing beautifully, bursting from the glass with an expressive bouquet of ripe citrus fruits, Anjou pear, warm bread and fresh peach. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, fleshy but fine boned, with ripe but racy acids, a pretty core of fruit and an elegantly chalky finish."
- Item #: i_378226Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 95This is a rarely encountered "white" Bouzy that displays great texture and depth. The 2014 Les Mottelettes Bouzy Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs Extra-Brut is from an old vineyard planted with Chardonnay and roughly 10% Pinot Blanc in 1961.
- Item #: i_345099Bottle Size: 750MLeROBERT PARKER 93-95 POINTS:"The Château Pontet-Canet 2014 was picked between 29 September and 10 October, the 10th biodynamically. It is initially quite reticent, a little broody in the glass. However, it unfolds with each swirl revealing a very pure and I feel, a more contained and classic bouquet compared to the 2013: blackberry, graphite, minerals and a touch of incense. The palate is medium-bodied with fine, quite tensile tannin. The acidity is very well judged – crescendo of flavors that lead to a precise, lightly spiced, quite vivacious finish. What I like here is that it is very Pauillac, in the sense that I feel that recent vintages were flirting with deviating too far away from what a typical Pauillac ought to be. This is unmistakable in terms of where it comes from, but there it retains that sense of focus and mineralité that ensures this is a total success for the vintage. I find this more appealing than the 2013 last year and this 2014 should be a vintage that puts a smile on Jean-Michel Comme's face."
VINOUSMEDIA 93-96+ POINTS:"Deep and translucent to the core, the 2014 Pontet-Canet is one of the sexiest wines of the vintage. A host of violets, lavender, mint, spices, new leather and plums grace the palate in an utterly exquisite wine endowed with magnificent yet understated depth and crystalline purity. This is without question one of the highlights of the vintage. The 2014 isn't a big wine; rather it is a Pauillac built on a total sense of finesse. The 2014 was vinified in equal parts cement and oak, and is aging in a combination of 50% new oak, 35% amphora and 15% once used barrels. The blend is 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot and 5% Petit Verdot. Personally, I can't wait to taste the 2014 from bottle."
- Item #: i_300081Bottle Size: 750MLModerately dense dark red purple. Appealing aroma of scented black and red cherry which are prominent on the palate as well. There is real intensity and persistence without density, and the wine finishes with a defining backbone of acidity and touch of dry tannin. Apparently, this is the promising first year of this domaine, created from a part of the family property by a recent oenology graduate." 60% Grenache, 40% Syrah.
- Item #: i_350328Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 97WINE SPECTATOR 97 POINTS: "This is broad and meaty, with underlying animal and woodsy elements playing off the core flavors of cherry, currant and mineral. Firm and lively, with a solid grip on the lingering aftertaste, this is fluid and vibrant overall.'
- Item #: i_345854Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 86-89 POINTS: "Here there is lovely freshness to the black berry fruit and floral scents that lead to vibrant, detail and delicious flavors that are decidedly rustic but agreeably refreshing, complex and lingering finish. This won't win any awards for refinement but I like the frank character."
- Item #: i_350897Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 89-91Decanter: 94 PointsDECANTER 94 POINTS: "The charming Romain Taupenot represents the family’s seventh generation here, and he is a strong advocate of allowing terroir to shine through. Owning premier cru and villages level wines from Morey-St-Denis, Chambolle and Gevrey, this is a serious estate – and this Morey is sleek, spicy and fresh, supported by a mineral streak on the finish. The 20% new oak is beautifully integrated."
- Item #: i_377583Bottle Size: 750mlIMPORTER'S NOTES-"From one small plot of vines complantés, meaning that the grapes are harvested and pressed together on the same date. This requires a balancing act on the part of the vigneron(ne), who must weigh the pros and cons of harvesting for ripeness, acidity and overall balance as these two varietals normally ripen a few days apart. The soil here is predominantly Portlandian, which means that the chalky bedrock presents itself in large sheets and the topsoil is extremely rocky.
Slight toasty notes and citrus are present in the nose which lead into a wine with good richness but laser-like precision. High acidity and no dosage make for a vinous texture and great length."
- Item #: i_345104Bottle Size: 750ML2014 FUTURES DUE IN THE FALL OF 2017
eROBERT PARKER 93-95 POINTS:"The Château Valandraud 2014 does not mess about on the aromatics. There is no holding back here with its plush blackcurrant pastille and vivacious crème de cassis and violet-scents, but as usual, Jean-Luc Thunévin has retained superb delineation and exquisite purity. The palate is medium-bodied with saturated ripe tannin and a keen line of acidity; a sense of symmetry and precision on the finish. It is modern in style for sure, but there is quality and craftsmanship interwoven into this Saint Emilion. This is as sophisticated as anything you will find on the Right Bank."
WINE SPECTATOR 94-97 POINTS:"Delivers a mouthwatering core of boysenberry and blackberry fruit, with ample anise, fruitcake and plum sauce notes emerging through the flashy finish. Not just flamboyant, as there's a serious graphite spine to keep this honest. A beauty in the making." –JM
VINOUSMEDIA 93-96 POINTS:"The 2014 Valandraud is one of the most alluring wines of the year. Deep, dense and explosive to the core, the 2014 possesses an extra level of textural finesse and pure refinement that elevates it. Crème de cassis, mint, licorice, cloves and new leather blossom in an effortless glass, beautifully marrying ripeness with freshness. The vibrant, pulsating finish alone is incredibly inviting. Readers who want to understand the captivating interplay of fruit and freshness that defines the 2014s will want to check out Valandraud. Tasted two times."
- Item #: i_377201Bottle Size: 750mlPETER LEIM 1 1/2 STARS-"A blend of 70 percent Pinot Noir and 30 percent Chardonnay, this is fragrant and perfumed, its soft red fruit feeling voluptuous in texture and energetic in tone. This is an excellent version of this cuvée, showing an unusual detail and finesse, and it finishes with long, lively length. Last tasted: 3/17."