- Item #: i_352344Bottle Size: 750mlPale salmon-flesh color; delicate aroma-zest of red grapefruit and lemon; exotic, spicy character. Great plenitude of flavors including passion fruit, and a beautiful minerally freshness which comes from the limestone soil. Blend: 60% Mourvèdre, 20% Cinsault, 20% Grenache
- Item #: i_309506Bottle Size: 750ML70% Grenache Gris and Grenache Noir, 10% Mourvèdre, 10% Carignan, 10% Cinsault
Winemaker's Notes - A crystalline salmon colour with superb amethyst tints. Fine separate legs run slowly down the glass.Stunningly balanced, this is an extremely appetent wine!A direct and considerable freshness - the density and richness of the fruit mingle with the superb acid vitality giving a wine with a frisson and a magnificent persistency. Ideal as an aperitif with toast and crushed olives, or with wok-fried vegetables and garlic mayonnaise, grilled fish, lamb tajine, finely roasted guinea-fowl with rosemary...
- Item #: i_352342Bottle Size: 750mlThe rosé utilizes younger vines of Grenache, Clairette and Cinsault, procuring such bright, lively fruit - in its youth, so full of bold primary notes. The wine also doesn't undergo malolactic fermentation, keeping the wine zippy and full of energy. Expect classic Southern French rosé notes of wild strawberry and raspberry, hints of Mediterranean herbs and fresh floral notes. This is a very light rosé in hue, for those searching for light and delicate in style. A perfect apéritif.
- Item #: i_352425Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Dupeuble is a benchmark in Beaujolais, crafting some of the region’s freshest expressions of Gamay for over 500 years. For the quality of wine that’s in your glass, “bang for your buck” doesn’t do the Dupeubles’ wines justice. Their rosé is no exception and is undoubtedly one of our best value rosés.
- Item #: i_374662Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS-"A 100% Pinot Noir here with a terrific floral nose: violets and red roses, some gently flinty reductive notes and red berries to boot. The palate's impressive thanks to plenty of tannin and a really impressive structure. Bold, long and very pure. Red-cherry-pip finish. Drink now."
- Item #: i_345384Bottle Size: 750MLCôte des Roses celebrates the Mediterranean lifestyle. The Languedoc appellation stretches along the Mediterranean coast from the Spanish border as far as the city of Nîmes, along the foothills of the Montagne Noire and the Cévennes. The soils are highly varied, mainly with hard limestone and schist, but also gravel transported by the rivers of the Languedoc region.
The warm, windy climate (“semi-arid Mediterranean climate with mild winters”) helps the grapes to ripen in good, healthy condition, while retaining all their fresher qualities thanks to the altitude and the influence of the sea which eases the scorching summer heat. The bottle is original with its base in the shape of a rose, created by a young designer from the Ecole Boulle. A wine to be given in the same way you would offer a bunch of roses!
A soft, pale, brilliant pink with bluish tints developing over time towards more orangey nuances. The bouquet releases aromas of summer fruits, cassis and redcurrant. Floral notes of rose along with hints of grapefruit complete the picture. The finish is fresh, offering notes of candy. On the palate the impression is fresh and full, with great aromatic persistence and balance.
- Item #: i_330810Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91JOHN GILMAN 93+ POINTS-"The current release of the Gosset Grande Rosé is primarily based on the 2008 vintage (with five percent reserve wines in the blend) and is a blend of fifty-eight percent chardonnay and forty-two percent pinot noir (with eight percent of the pinot being still red wine in the blend). The Gosset Grande Rosé has always been one of my favorite examples of rosé Champagne, with its pale salmon color and its great elegance. This new release is superb, offering up a pure and complex nose of strawberries, mandarin oranges, chalky minerality, smoke, a touch of cinnamon and a topnote of rose petals. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied, zesty and impressively light on its feet, with a great core of fruit, elegant and frothy mousse, excellent focus and a very long, well-balanced and refined finish. High class juice!"
- Item #: i_352777Bottle Size: 750mlHi Time Exclusive!!!
This Rose is a special selection made especially for Hi-Time Wine Cellars and it's the first time we've put our family's name on a wine (Hanson Family Selections). As a respected purveyor of fine wine for more than 60 years, it is our goal to exceed our loyal customer's expectations. We feel confident we have done exactly that with this rose. This dry Rose is flat-out delicious, aromatic and fresh. It will provide excellent thirst-quenching refreshment on a warm summer's day.
This Cotes de Provence Rose comes from the small village of Le Beausset located just a few kilometers outside the famous appellation of Bandol, where the Mourvedre grape is king. This micro-climate near the Mediterranean is characterized by maximum sunshine tempered by cool nights, which preserve freshness in the grapes. We sampled several custom blends before selecting this cuvee and are thrilled with the quality.
The Grenache, Cinsault and Mourvedre grapes for this wine are harvested specifically for the production of rose and are pressed directly into temperature-controlled tanks for a short maceration. This creates a lively rose with good fruit and excellent freshness.
This delicious wine is perfect for summer gatherings around the pool or barbecue and represents an exceptional value. Enjoy!
Tasting Notes - Light pink in color. Highly expressive on the nose with aromas of red berries, peaches, roses, citrus and tropical fruit. On the palate, the texture is impressive. Medium-bodied yet light on its feet, this boasts a refreshing quality that keeps you coming back for more. Absolutely delicious!
- Item #: i_351040Bottle Size: 750ml"For our Cotes de Provence rosé we take a path quite apart from the one we follow for our Languedoc rosé, with its high proportion of Syrah. We have sought a Provence rosé of immense charm and minerality redolent of fennel, anise and purple flowers. We love just sipping this wine out on our garden in Aix-en-Provence. Grab a glass with some friends and taste with a fougasse, some anchovies and even some Salonenque olives." —winemaker
Classic in style, Hecht & Bannier Rosé offers loads of grapefruit and orange peel aromatics along with the elegance and nuance you expect from Provence.
- Item #: i_325268Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 92Burghound: 92JOHN GILMAN VIEW FROM THE CELLAR 92 POINTS -"Like the non-vintage Brut, the Billiot Brut Rosé is comprised of between seventy-five and eighty percent Pinot Noir, with a bit of still red wine blended in to give its lovely salmon color. As with all of the Billiot bottlings, the vins clairs do not go through malo. The excellent bouquet jumps from the glass in a pure and classy blend of white cherries, tangerine, a touch of cinnamon, wheat toast, gentle smokiness and a complex base of chalky minerality. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied, crisp and nascently complex, with a fine core, pinpoint bubbles and lovely length and grip on the poised, focused and zesty finish. This is not as expressive on the palate today as it is aromatically, but all of the constituent components are in place for an exquisite bottle of Brut Rosé with a bit more bottle age, so just tuck this lovely bottle away in a cool corner of the cellar for a couple of years and let time work its magic- it will be well worth the wait! 2018-2030+."
STEPHEN TANZER'S INTERNATIONAL WINE CELLAR 92 POINTS "(75% pinot noir and 25% chardonnay; 50% of the wine is from 2009, 25% from 2008 and 25% from 2007; disgorged June, 2011): Light orange. High-pitched aromas of redcurrant and strawberry, with deeper rhubarb and rose oil nuances and a hint of white pepper. Bright and nervy on the palate, showing tangy red berry and blood orange flavors that gain flesh and weight with air. Closes on a chalky note, with very good energy and lingering spiciness."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 - "An undercurrent of minerality supports ripe black cherry and black raspberry flavors, with hints of pastry, cream and candied grapefruit peel. Finely meshed and focused by vibrant acidity. Disgorged March 2011. Drink now through 2016."
- Item #: i_345397Bottle Size: 750MLVignobles Mourat was created in 1974. The 67 ha of vineyards, on the hillsides of the Loire Valley, are 20 kms from the Atlantic ocean, between Nantes and la Rochelle. There are two major types of soil: volcanic; with 20 to 35% quartz which produce aromatic, white wines with lots of minerality; and sedimentary schist, produced from a compression of pure clay. The roots of the vines can easily traverse the layers of schist and go deep into the soil avoiding any problems of drought. Planted on these soils are Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon and Negrette which ripen well there. The wines are balanced with silky tannins.
Fiefs is a preserve or stronghold. Vendéen is someone or something from the west coast of France and the Fiefs Vendéens had their own appellation controlée for a couple of years)
The 67 hectare vineyard of J. Mourat is located to the south of the Loire valley within close proximity to the Atlantic Ocean so a maritime climate prevails. The vines are planned on a hillside overlooking the beautiful Lay valley, and is a gorgeous place to visit. This is an ancient land that was settled by the Romans who, thankfully, brought vines from Rome and planted them in Mareuil sur Lay to slake their thirst!
There are only three wines to complete the range at Mourat: the Rouge a blend of Pinot Noir, Cabernet Franc and the exotic Negrette, The Rosé follows a similar blend with just a few hours skin contact with the red varieties while the White is a blend of Chardonnay and Chenin blanc.
The Mourat family are passionate about the special qualities that are to be found in the wines of this most southerly of Loire appellations. It is fair to say that they alone have been responsible for lifting the wines of the Fiefs Vendéens from virtual obscurity. Their most significant master stroke is the revival of the Clos St André, a vineyard just five hundred meters from their Chateau Marie du Fou mansion. This property, formerly owned by the Taittinger family, had been left untended since 1968 and was purchased by Jérémie Mourat in 2005. Jérémie replanted the vineyard (Chenin Blanc) and brought the nine hectares back into production. The 2009 provided confirmation of the potential of the Clos St André and subsequent vintages have further enhanced the growing reputation of the Fiefs Vendéens. Their Rosé is the flagship wine of the Domaine and it gathers a new disciple whenever it is tasted for the first time.
- Item #: i_373813Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS-"A mouthwatering rosé in an elegant, aperitif style, showing a fine and creamy bead and crowd-pleasing flavors of ripe, juicy cherry, star anise and pickled ginger, with richer hints of toast and honey. Drink now through 2019. 207 cases imported. (10/16)."
CHAMPAGNE GUIDE 94 POINTS - "A tiny dose of red wine [6%] creates a gorgeous pale salmon hue, enlivening a dainty and fresh rose with a fairy touch of rose petal perfume that wafts from the start of the bouquet to the lingering finish of the palate. Lively strawberry hull and elegant red cherry fruits are invigorated by bright acidity and gentle minerality, meshing seamlessly with soft dosage."
The sales of this Rose have skyrocketed in recent years and there have been long stretches when we just couldn’t get any. We don't mind this a bit because it means that Angleine Templier isn’t taking any short cuts that would comprise its quality.
- Item #: i_345444Bottle Size: 750ML"It's the most wonderful time of the year..." Of course, we are talking about Dry French Rose season which is just starting; we loved this one so much, we made it our wine of the month. Juliette comes from the Provence region of Southern France, home of the most exquisite and traditional rose wines in the world (and you'll see many more in the next few months!). Produced at the maison of Domaine de La Sangliere, Juliette is a true expression of a traditional Provencal rose wine.
The Style - Juliette is refreshing and elegant, bone dry rose wine, with layers of lively fruit and a bright, smooth finish-just the way a true rose wine from Southern France should be.
Tasting Notes - Elegant and pretty, soft fruits resonate in the nose with layers of mixed melons, plantain, ripe peach and a touch of creme fraiche. The palate is hugely lush yet tempered with acidity. Minerally notes and stone fruits dance with light brown spices and a touch of sea salt/salt air-and the finish echoes with gently receding fruit flavors.
Pairing Notes - Juliette is also an exceptional food wine that pairs with so many different types of cuisines. While Juliette serves an excellent stand alone aperitif wine, Juliette is a perfect pair for grilled fish, seafood, steamed fish, lobster, shellfish, bouillabaisse and other traditional Provencal cuisine.
- Item #: i_378902Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "Pretty strawberry, ripe cherry, lemon curd and pastry notes mix in this firm rosé, offering lip-smacking acidity, with smoke and chalk notes on the finish. Disgorged January 2013. Drink now through 2016."
- Item #: i_350987Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 92 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - " The 2017 Miraflors Rosé is another beauty that's loaded with fresh, crisp, vibrant strawberry and raspberry fruit. Clean, pure, textured and elegant on the palate, with gorgeous purity, it's a rocking rosé that does everything right. The blend is 70% Mourvèdre and 30% Grenache Gris brought up all in tank. Hats off to vigneron Jean-Marc Lafage for another smoking good rosé!"
- Item #: i_352318Bottle Size: 750ml(2005) Laherte Freres Les Beaudiers Extra Brut Rose de Saignee Vielles Vignes
PETER LIEM - CHAMPAGNEGUIDE.NET
Rating: 1 star
This is pure meunier, made from three separate parcels of old vines in the vineyard of Les Beaudiers, at the base of the Chavot slope. It showed a fine balance when it was first released, at the end of 2008, but today the concentrated character of the 2005 fruit feels slightly overwhelming, dominated by notes of dried cherry and plum skins...
- Item #: i_352247Bottle Size: 750mlLaporte is a certified organic producer and the wine here is made in a very traditional, natural way, employing organic methods and always ensuring a sense of purity and excellence.
With a pink salmon colored dress, this Rose Sancerre reveals fine notes of grapes and pieces of exotic fruit in the nose. In the mouth, it reveals a smooth and fresh feeling. Delicious as an aperitif, this is ideal with salad.
- Item #: i_305961Bottle Size: 750MLMade exclusively of Pinot Noir hand-harvested from several parcels … a mix of Oxfordian “caillottes” and Kimmeridgian “marne”. This Rosé is made using the direct press method with the whole berries entering the pressoir , fermentation lasted for approximately 20 days. The musts ferment in temperature-controlled cuves (85%) as well as a small percentage in older barrels (15%). The fermentation occurs over three weeks. The wines is bottled in the spring of the following year.
It is round with lovely length. A very pleasant and delectable wine, perfect to serve throughout an entire meal. Goes very well with spicy, exotic dishes, or with fish or barbecued meats.
- Item #: i_333852Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91There are many reasons why this wine is as popular as it is. Some tracks from Pink Floyd's "The Wall" album were laid down at the Château, in a studio built by the well-known jazz pianist and composer Jacques Loussier in 1970 when we took ownership of the property. When contemplating seminal albums in the rock pantheon of the ages, this is generally one of a handful near the summit. Other musicians over the years have also used the Château's facilities to record in: Sting, Sade, The Cranberries, The Gipsy Kings.
For a more recent popular reference, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have taken up residence and have given impetus to the heart of the estate as a place dedicated to the arts-- music, cinema, theatre, local food and fine wine. Kudos to them for not over-aggrandizing their presence; the elegant design and packaging of the bottle has a simple message on the back: "Mis en bouteille par Jolie-Pitt & Perrin." The main reason this wine is popular is simple: it's a fantastic Côtes de Provence Rosé. Compared to some of the rosés we've seen and tasted priced in the mid-$30s, this is quite a bargain as well as being lush and delicious.
Since 2012, the owners of Château Miraval have partnered with Famille Perrin (Château Beaucastel) to help with the viticulture, winemaking and wine distribution. As one of the leading French wine producing families, Famille Perrin is experienced in producing high caliber wines. With investments in the latest winemaking technology and a passion for excellence at every stage of production, Château Miraval is dedicated to delivering top quality wines to international acclaim. The estate is cultivated 100% organically and the wine is a blend of Cinsault, Grenache, Syrah and Rolle.
- Item #: i_375787Bottle Size: 750MLMoet's Nectar Rose, a scrumptious Demi-Sec Champagne that is most closely associated with the "dance till dawn" night club set. With a voluptuous dosage (45 g/liter) and amble acidity, this bubbly is also tailor made for berry-based desserts and chocolate indulgences. We recently paired it with some Hi-Time Chocolatier dark chocolate almond bark and the synergy was pure heaven-definitely a 100 point experience. We couldn't find any current reviews but our own notes run: Deep sunset red color with a vigorous mousse that releases deep aromas of very ripe strawberries, nougat and toffee. The front palate is pleasantly sweet and creamy and is dominated by an array of flambéed red berry flavors flanked with subtle notions of tangerine cream that are deftly reined in by bright acidity.