- Item #: i_374662Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS-"A 100% Pinot Noir here with a terrific floral nose: violets and red roses, some gently flinty reductive notes and red berries to boot. The palate's impressive thanks to plenty of tannin and a really impressive structure. Bold, long and very pure. Red-cherry-pip finish. Drink now."
- Item #: i_345384Bottle Size: 750MLCôte des Roses celebrates the Mediterranean lifestyle. The Languedoc appellation stretches along the Mediterranean coast from the Spanish border as far as the city of Nîmes, along the foothills of the Montagne Noire and the Cévennes. The soils are highly varied, mainly with hard limestone and schist, but also gravel transported by the rivers of the Languedoc region.
The warm, windy climate (“semi-arid Mediterranean climate with mild winters”) helps the grapes to ripen in good, healthy condition, while retaining all their fresher qualities thanks to the altitude and the influence of the sea which eases the scorching summer heat. The bottle is original with its base in the shape of a rose, created by a young designer from the Ecole Boulle. A wine to be given in the same way you would offer a bunch of roses!
A soft, pale, brilliant pink with bluish tints developing over time towards more orangey nuances. The bouquet releases aromas of summer fruits, cassis and redcurrant. Floral notes of rose along with hints of grapefruit complete the picture. The finish is fresh, offering notes of candy. On the palate the impression is fresh and full, with great aromatic persistence and balance.
- Item #: i_330810Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91JOHN GILMAN 93+ POINTS-"The current release of the Gosset Grande Rosé is primarily based on the 2008 vintage (with five percent reserve wines in the blend) and is a blend of fifty-eight percent chardonnay and forty-two percent pinot noir (with eight percent of the pinot being still red wine in the blend). The Gosset Grande Rosé has always been one of my favorite examples of rosé Champagne, with its pale salmon color and its great elegance. This new release is superb, offering up a pure and complex nose of strawberries, mandarin oranges, chalky minerality, smoke, a touch of cinnamon and a topnote of rose petals. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied, zesty and impressively light on its feet, with a great core of fruit, elegant and frothy mousse, excellent focus and a very long, well-balanced and refined finish. High class juice!"
- Item #: i_352777Bottle Size: 750mlWe are proud to release the second vintage of the Hanson Family Selections Rose. This is made especially for Hi-Time Wine Cellars and we're proud to put our family's name on it. As a respected purveyor of fine wine for more than 60 years, it is our goal to exceed our loyal customer's expectations. We feel confident we have done exactly that with this rose. This dry Rose is flat-out delicious, aromatic and fresh. It will provide excellent thirst-quenching refreshment on a warm summer's day.
This Cotes de Provence Rose comes from the small village of Ramatuelle located just a few kilometers away from the famed area of Saint Tropez. Winemaker Gerald Darmon has selected only the best parcels from the Tibouren, Grenache, Cinsault and Syrah vineyards. The grapes are pressed directly into temperature-controlled tanks for a short maceration. This creates a lively rose with good fruit and excellent freshness for this very special cuvee for Hanson Family Selections.
The terroir benefits from a micro-climate favorable to grape growing near the Mediterranean characterized by maximum sunshine tempered by cool nights, which preserve freshness in the grapes. The famous Mistral wind and maritime influence also play an important role in this Rose.
We sampled several custom blends before selecting this cuvee and are thrilled with the quality.
This delicious wine is perfect for summer gatherings around the pool or barbecue and represents an exceptional value. Enjoy!
Tasting Notes: Light ruby pink in color. Fruity, aromatic nose with hints of red berries, minerals, and a touch of citrus. On the palate, the wine is dry, medium-bodied and light on its feet with nice acidity and a refreshing quality that keeps you coming back for more. Absolutely delicious!
- Item #: i_351040Bottle Size: 750ml"For our Cotes de Provence rosé we take a path quite apart from the one we follow for our Languedoc rosé, with its high proportion of Syrah. We have sought a Provence rosé of immense charm and minerality redolent of fennel, anise and purple flowers. We love just sipping this wine out on our garden in Aix-en-Provence. Grab a glass with some friends and taste with a fougasse, some anchovies and even some Salonenque olives." —winemaker
Classic in style, Hecht & Bannier Rosé offers loads of grapefruit and orange peel aromatics along with the elegance and nuance you expect from Provence.
- Item #: i_325268Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 92Burghound: 92JOHN GILMAN VIEW FROM THE CELLAR 92 POINTS -"Like the non-vintage Brut, the Billiot Brut Rosé is comprised of between seventy-five and eighty percent Pinot Noir, with a bit of still red wine blended in to give its lovely salmon color. As with all of the Billiot bottlings, the vins clairs do not go through malo. The excellent bouquet jumps from the glass in a pure and classy blend of white cherries, tangerine, a touch of cinnamon, wheat toast, gentle smokiness and a complex base of chalky minerality. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied, crisp and nascently complex, with a fine core, pinpoint bubbles and lovely length and grip on the poised, focused and zesty finish. This is not as expressive on the palate today as it is aromatically, but all of the constituent components are in place for an exquisite bottle of Brut Rosé with a bit more bottle age, so just tuck this lovely bottle away in a cool corner of the cellar for a couple of years and let time work its magic- it will be well worth the wait! 2018-2030+."
STEPHEN TANZER'S INTERNATIONAL WINE CELLAR 92 POINTS "(75% pinot noir and 25% chardonnay; 50% of the wine is from 2009, 25% from 2008 and 25% from 2007; disgorged June, 2011): Light orange. High-pitched aromas of redcurrant and strawberry, with deeper rhubarb and rose oil nuances and a hint of white pepper. Bright and nervy on the palate, showing tangy red berry and blood orange flavors that gain flesh and weight with air. Closes on a chalky note, with very good energy and lingering spiciness."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 - "An undercurrent of minerality supports ripe black cherry and black raspberry flavors, with hints of pastry, cream and candied grapefruit peel. Finely meshed and focused by vibrant acidity. Disgorged March 2011. Drink now through 2016."
- Item #: i_325470Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93VINOUS 91 POINTS -(51% Pinot Noir, 35% Chardonnay and 14% still Pinot Noir, all from Aÿ; 9.6 g/l dosage; disgorged in February, 2014): Pale orange-pink. Bright, mineral-laced aromas of fresh red berries, blood orange and jasmine, with a subtle note of anise emerging slowly. Dry and spicy on the palate, offering nervy strawberry and tangerine flavors that unfurl with aeration. Shows very good clarity and bite on the close, leaving sexy floral and chalky mineral notes behind.
- Item #: i_345397Bottle Size: 750MLVignobles Mourat was created in 1974. The 67 ha of vineyards, on the hillsides of the Loire Valley, are 20 kms from the Atlantic ocean, between Nantes and la Rochelle. There are two major types of soil: volcanic; with 20 to 35% quartz which produce aromatic, white wines with lots of minerality; and sedimentary schist, produced from a compression of pure clay. The roots of the vines can easily traverse the layers of schist and go deep into the soil avoiding any problems of drought. Planted on these soils are Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon and Negrette which ripen well there. The wines are balanced with silky tannins.
Fiefs is a preserve or stronghold. Vendéen is someone or something from the west coast of France and the Fiefs Vendéens had their own appellation controlée for a couple of years)
The 67 hectare vineyard of J. Mourat is located to the south of the Loire valley within close proximity to the Atlantic Ocean so a maritime climate prevails. The vines are planned on a hillside overlooking the beautiful Lay valley, and is a gorgeous place to visit. This is an ancient land that was settled by the Romans who, thankfully, brought vines from Rome and planted them in Mareuil sur Lay to slake their thirst!
There are only three wines to complete the range at Mourat: the Rouge a blend of Pinot Noir, Cabernet Franc and the exotic Negrette, The Rosé follows a similar blend with just a few hours skin contact with the red varieties while the White is a blend of Chardonnay and Chenin blanc.
The Mourat family are passionate about the special qualities that are to be found in the wines of this most southerly of Loire appellations. It is fair to say that they alone have been responsible for lifting the wines of the Fiefs Vendéens from virtual obscurity. Their most significant master stroke is the revival of the Clos St André, a vineyard just five hundred meters from their Chateau Marie du Fou mansion. This property, formerly owned by the Taittinger family, had been left untended since 1968 and was purchased by Jérémie Mourat in 2005. Jérémie replanted the vineyard (Chenin Blanc) and brought the nine hectares back into production. The 2009 provided confirmation of the potential of the Clos St André and subsequent vintages have further enhanced the growing reputation of the Fiefs Vendéens. Their Rosé is the flagship wine of the Domaine and it gathers a new disciple whenever it is tasted for the first time.
- Item #: i_373813Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS-"A mouthwatering rosé in an elegant, aperitif style, showing a fine and creamy bead and crowd-pleasing flavors of ripe, juicy cherry, star anise and pickled ginger, with richer hints of toast and honey. Drink now through 2019. 207 cases imported. (10/16)."
CHAMPAGNE GUIDE 94 POINTS - "A tiny dose of red wine [6%] creates a gorgeous pale salmon hue, enlivening a dainty and fresh rose with a fairy touch of rose petal perfume that wafts from the start of the bouquet to the lingering finish of the palate. Lively strawberry hull and elegant red cherry fruits are invigorated by bright acidity and gentle minerality, meshing seamlessly with soft dosage."
The sales of this Rose have skyrocketed in recent years and there have been long stretches when we just couldn’t get any. We don't mind this a bit because it means that Angleine Templier isn’t taking any short cuts that would comprise its quality.
- Item #: i_377044Bottle Size: 750MLA noble Champagne with the body of a red wine, almost chewy and very complex. A peachy blush in the glass reveals delicate bubbles. Wildflowers and strawberries on the nose; wild cherries wrapped in tender, buttery pie crust. Luscious and elegant.
- Item #: i_345444Bottle Size: 750ML"It's the most wonderful time of the year..." Of course, we are talking about Dry French Rose season which is just starting; we loved this one so much, we made it our wine of the month. Juliette comes from the Provence region of Southern France, home of the most exquisite and traditional rose wines in the world (and you'll see many more in the next few months!). Produced at the maison of Domaine de La Sangliere, Juliette is a true expression of a traditional Provencal rose wine.
The Style - Juliette is refreshing and elegant, bone dry rose wine, with layers of lively fruit and a bright, smooth finish-just the way a true rose wine from Southern France should be.
Tasting Notes - Elegant and pretty, soft fruits resonate in the nose with layers of mixed melons, plantain, ripe peach and a touch of creme fraiche. The palate is hugely lush yet tempered with acidity. Minerally notes and stone fruits dance with light brown spices and a touch of sea salt/salt air-and the finish echoes with gently receding fruit flavors.
Pairing Notes - Juliette is also an exceptional food wine that pairs with so many different types of cuisines. While Juliette serves an excellent stand alone aperitif wine, Juliette is a perfect pair for grilled fish, seafood, steamed fish, lobster, shellfish, bouillabaisse and other traditional Provencal cuisine.
- Item #: i_378902Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "Pretty strawberry, ripe cherry, lemon curd and pastry notes mix in this firm rosé, offering lip-smacking acidity, with smoke and chalk notes on the finish. Disgorged January 2013. Drink now through 2016."
- Item #: i_350987Bottle Size: 750mlDecanter: 91DECANTER 91 POINTS : "It’s always nice to find a delicious, light, juicy rosé outside of Provence. Sourced from Grenache Gris and Noir vines some nearing 80-years-old, together with a portion of younger Mourvèdre, this is made from early-picked grapes to ensure a fresher style and pressed without crushing for an incredibly pale hue. On the palate there’s delicate white peach, orange peel and strawberry flavours underpinned by crisp minerality."
- Item #: i_352318Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS WINE MEDIA 95 POINTS-"The NV (2014) Extra Brut Rosé de Saignée Les Baudiers is yet another stunning wine in this range of exceptional Champagnes from Aurelien Laherte. Powerful and vinous in the glass, with tremendous Meunier character, the 2014 has so much to offer. Smoke, game, licorice and dark red/purplish berry fruit abound in this powerful, beautifully resonant Champagne. In 2014, the Baudiers is memorable. Dosage is 3 grams per liter. Disgorged: February 2018."
- Item #: i_332410Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The NV Brut Rose Premier Cru offers an enticing floral life to its notes of mint, roses, pomegranate and sweet spices. This powerful, mineral-driven wine possesses tons of depth and personality in a vinous style that will blossom to the fullest at the dinner table. The Champagne continues to grow in the glass, suggesting it is still holding much of its potential in reserve. This is another compelling wine from Guy Larmandier. The estate’s Rose is based on the Brut Premier Cru blend, plus about 12% still Pinot from Vertus."
From writer Peter Liem: ""This estate is related to both Larmandier-Bernier, in Vertus, and Pierre Gimonnet, in Cuis, as well as to Waris-Larmandier in Avize. Guy Larmandier's brother, Philippe, was the father of Pierre Larmandier, proprietor of Larmandier-Bernier. Guy's sister, Françoise Larmandier, married Michel Gimonnet, father of Olivier and Didier Gimonnet, who run the estate of Pierre Gimonnet today. Currently the Guy Larmandier estate is in the hands of Guy's son, François. François's sister, Marie-Hélène, is married to Vincent Waris, and together they formed the estate of Waris-Larmandier, although Marie-Hélène divides her time between the two estates. Larmandier's cuvées are separated by terroir: from the vines in Vertus, Larmandier produces a non-vintage brut, packaged in a white label and composed of 90 percent chardonnay and 10 percent pinot noir. This also serves as the base for the brut rosé, made with the addition of red wine from Vertus. "
- Item #: i_338850Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 92JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS-" Cinnamon and dried nutmeg add to the experience of bread dough and rose petals. Flavorful on the medium-bodied palate and finely poised with bright acidity. Medium-long on the finish. (05/19)"
TYSON STELZER CHAMPAGNE GUIDE 94 POINTS-"Laurent-Perrier macerates it rose for 12-72 hours, depending on fruit ripeness, until the color is fixed and the aroma resembles freshly picked raspberries. So crucial is the timing, legend has it that the first chef de cave, Edouard Leclerc, slept by the tank to stop it just in time! This wine has achieved that elusive ideal of volume and finesse; the world's best selling rose Champagne epitomises the ultra restraint of rose's finest expressions...Its lastest incarnation of medium salmon hue is a beautifully elegant expression of strawberry hull, red cherry, and pink pepper, with an enticing waft of flinty reductive aroma, opening in time to the glorious depth of black cherries. A delightfully composed rose of excellent line, energetic acid backbone and softly mineral mouthfeel.."
This perennial best seller is composed of 100% Grand Cru Pinot Noir and its salmon color is achieved via the traditional saignee process rather than through the easier method of blending in red wine. The result is a rose of uncommon depth and character but one that still manages to be very silky and light on its feet.
- Item #: i_353766Bottle Size: 750mlDecanter: 90Jeb Dunnuck: 90VINOUS 90 POINTS - "Light, brilliant orange. Raspberry, white peach and succulent flowers on the mineral-tinged nose. Sappy red berry, pit fruit and citrus zest flavors deepen slowly and take on a spicy aspect with air. Hangs on with very good tenacity, leaving pit fruit and red berry notes behind."
DECANTER 90 POINTS - "An expressive nose of berry notes that, on the palate, transforms into succulent and juicy red cherries, raspberries and strawberries. The palate offers a light creaminess and silky texture with a round, crisp finish. Made from 60% Grenache, 25% Syrah and 15% Cinsault, it has complexity and drive, delivering great quality and value."
- Item #: i_333852Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91There are many reasons why this wine is as popular as it is. Some tracks from Pink Floyd's "The Wall" album were laid down at the Château, in a studio built by the well-known jazz pianist and composer Jacques Loussier in 1970 when we took ownership of the property. When contemplating seminal albums in the rock pantheon of the ages, this is generally one of a handful near the summit. Other musicians over the years have also used the Château's facilities to record in: Sting, Sade, The Cranberries, The Gipsy Kings.
For a more recent popular reference, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have taken up residence and have given impetus to the heart of the estate as a place dedicated to the arts-- music, cinema, theatre, local food and fine wine. Kudos to them for not over-aggrandizing their presence; the elegant design and packaging of the bottle has a simple message on the back: "Mis en bouteille par Jolie-Pitt & Perrin." The main reason this wine is popular is simple: it's a fantastic Côtes de Provence Rosé. Compared to some of the rosés we've seen and tasted priced in the mid-$30s, this is quite a bargain as well as being lush and delicious.
Since 2012, the owners of Château Miraval have partnered with Famille Perrin (Château Beaucastel) to help with the viticulture, winemaking and wine distribution. As one of the leading French wine producing families, Famille Perrin is experienced in producing high caliber wines. With investments in the latest winemaking technology and a passion for excellence at every stage of production, Château Miraval is dedicated to delivering top quality wines to international acclaim. The estate is cultivated 100% organically and the wine is a blend of Cinsault, Grenache, Syrah and Rolle.
- Item #: i_345172Bottle Size: 750MLJeb Dunnuck: 92JEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "The 2019 Cotes Du Rhone La Dame Rousse Rose offers another level of elegance and purity as well as complexity. Giving up notions of ripe strawberries, cherry blossoms, white flowers, and a kiss of minerality, it’s a beautifully textured, medium to full-bodied, incredibly balanced effort that actually has a touch more richness than the Tavel, although both are rich, textured rosés geared for the table. As with the Tavel, drink this beauty any time over the coming year or so."
- Item #: i_374328Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91James Suckling: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "This mouthwatering rosé offers fruit-forward flavors of ripe raspberry and cherry, with fresh ginger and blood orange sorbet accents. Refreshing, lively and well-knit. Drink now through 2020."
JAMES SUCKLING 91 POINTS - "A heady mix of raspberry and blueberry fruits on the nose of this deeper colored rosé Champagne. This has a crisp, lively lemon and red berry flavored palate, crunchy through the finish."